Christian Racists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lilmisskitten
Shouldn't, no , can't exsist becasue from the area Jesus cam from he should of been black although he is always portrayed as a white man

So if there racists technincally should they be doing a constant sin

I suppose that Jesus is portrayed as white so more people can relate (although you can say Jesus portrays all colours and all nations)

Shouldn't he of been portrayed black becasue he was (*technincally*) and it may of portrayed black people in better light

confused

cking
Jesus was Jewish and looked like a Jewish man and had olive skin. Judas said to the temple guards that the one is kiss is the one you will need to arrest. because Jesus looked like a most Jewish men. He was never white that is just a European point of view.

lilmisskitten
mhmmmm,i know so then technically, racist christians are talking bullshit because one of the people they are suppose to respect was black

cking
Jesus was never black and if he was the Jews would have killed him or forced him out of his country because the law says that foreigners must leave because they bring idols with them and it would ruin Israel. if they were visiting maybe for the passover that would be different.

lilmisskitten
Black is a person of colour and someone having "olive" skin to me is black, im not gonna call them coloured

cking
no Jews don't have black skin, they look like many Arab people, the only difference is they have a little lighter skin.

lilmisskitten
Exactly, black people call all people of colour black i'm not african dark, but im still black, so i got into the habit of calling people black whether they are or not

cking
there are so many people of different or gins, it is hard to describe them.

lilmisskitten
Exactly, which is probabaly why black people just call people who arelike, not white, black

alcoholicpoet
Jesus was black, he was an ethiopian (Geographically, Ethiopia was in the same place as Isreal at the time of Jesus' coming), and the first recovered painting of a biblical figure portrays Mary as black.

alcoholicpoet
This should be in the religion forum.

cking
true, white people are the same.

Atlantis001
Black people came from the Central and South Africa, Jesus was not born there them he is not black, hes probably were more like Arab people. Its still wrong I think, portrait him as if he were European alike, I mean white. Anway, thats so unimportant, I think that religion should be more about mmm.... God?

lilmisskitten
That wasn't my point anyway, and so am i not black, considering that i come from jamacia/Barbados

I think i am, i would know, being black

Fishy
Yeah just the fact that the Church has taken the time to change the image of Jesus means a lot to me... But does the skin color of Jesus really matter. Just listen to one thing he says, if he is the son of god or not does not matter, what he says still makes sence.

cking
Jesus is not black, he was like the Jewish people. one day the discovery channel did a portrait of what Jesus would look like and it turned out to be a Jewish person. plus back then Jews acted gentiles and anyone who wasn't jewish is a gentile.

cking
true

Atlantis001
But 2000 years ago people were not so spread, the probalility of Jesus being not Arab alike, is very little( and unimportant). And if he is not Arab alike, why he should be black, he could be japanese, mongol, indian, european, or something else.

lilmisskitten
YOUV'E TOTALLY MISSED THE POINT OF THE THREA, because of a bad wording on my part, sorry

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lilmisskitten
Exactly, black people call all people of colour black i'm not african dark, but im still black, so i got into the habit of calling people black whether they are or not

So, if my skin has color, I am black? Well, my skin is red, so I'm black too?

finti
I thought jesus was to be the saviour of you so called faithful christians, so what difference does it make what color or lack thereof his skin is.
According to the scripture he was born in todays Israel and looked like the people looked like around there at that time. Dumbass images the church have portrayed of jesus says more about these stories as a whole than anything else, If this jesus was anything what they say he was it is strange that not one bloody description about his features exists at all

cking
no

Fishy
Originally posted by finti
I thought jesus was to be the saviour of you so called faithful christians, so what difference does it make what color or lack thereof his skin is.
According to the scripture he was born in todays Israel and looked like the people looked like around there at that time. Dumbass images the church have portrayed of jesus says more about these stories as a whole than anything else, If this jesus was anything what they say he was it is strange that not one bloody description about his features exists at all

Just like god sometimes being portrayed as an ancient white man sitting on a throne with a long beard... Strangely enough thats also how Zeus looks. For some reason they just think of someway god or jesus should look and use that in everything they make that shows them.

cking
it really doesn't matter what jesus looks like anyway

Fishy
No it doesn't, but thats why its weird.

lilmisskitten
I personally would'nt class you as black but a lot of black people would messed its cponfusing how different people steryotype people

cking
yeah, but I know every well that he is Jewish looking.

lilmisskitten
How, were you alive at that time, you can't be certain

It doesn't matter anyway the point has been lost

cking
in Jewish law, it says that they must get rid of all foreigners. this happened when they went exodus from Egypt to Canaan. they have to rid the people of that land to take it. it also says it they don't they would be turned away from god and led to idol worship. if the foreigner was just visiting for maybe the passover it would be different.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by cking
yeah, but I know every well that he is Jewish looking.

Thats the opinion of the scientists too

cking
yes, Jewish had to be Jewish in his own control or else they would never listen to him.

finti
I think jesus looked like an Inuit

whobdamandog
It's common historical knowledge that Jesus was a person of color. Anyone who tells you differently is either ignorant, lying, or both. Many references to the Ancient Jews in the bible liken them to looking like "Ethopians", who as we can see from today are "Black/Arabic" peoples.

In the Bible, Moses wife was an Ethopian, and the Apostle Paul was also thought to be an "Ethopian" by the a group of of "Jews" during one of his captures.

Anyway..as another postee had stated...it really doesn't matter in the end, Whether he be black, white, gray, red or blue, he was, is, and always will be our lord and savior.

finti
oh really

BackFire
Only if you happen to believe that, obviously.

cking
he was simply Jewish and if not he would never make it in Israel preaching to people not of his ethnic group

Shakyamunison
he was simply Jewish and if not he would never make it in Israel preaching to people not of his ethnic group

You are correct...

What is more important, the color of Jesus or his teaching?

cking
that is up the Jews to decide. the teachings are more better than his color.

Shakyamunison
that is up the Jews to decide. the teachings are more better than his color.

What the f**k?

finti
ok care to translate that into something understandable

Shakyamunison
ok care to translate that into something understandable

...at least I'm not alone on this...

mr.smiley
Some of the orginal pictures of Jesus depict him with short hair,no beard,and a wand.

cking
actually some Jews before Jesus had beards, but when the Romans took over they evolved the roman ways of shaving the beards and head. but Jesus could have a beard.

finti
men often do

Evil Dead
I read a bit of this thread, not all of it.......forgive me if it's already been said but uh..........all jews are not arabic looking. I'm no bible scholar so I forget exactly how many tribes of Israel there were, maybe 12......can't recall exactly........but some of them were indeed African looking (black).

as a matter of fact I watched a documentary on Discovery not too long ago (maybe 2 weeks) where they found decendents of a black tribe of Israel somewhere. The doc was about the search for the arc of the covenant........which the black jews claimed had resided there with them up until about 800 years before. They still had with them many ancient Jewish relics and parchments............

debbiejo
Some Christian would just die, if they really found out that Jesus was black.....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Some Christian would just die, if they really found out that Jesus was black.....

I don't have a problem with Jesus being black, oh! that's right, I'm a Buddhist.

Atlantis001
No, actually Jesus is an extraterrestrial. alien

cking
no, actually Jesus is the son of God or in a better term the son of man.

Shakyamunison
no, actually Jesus is the son of God or in a better term the son of man.

I thought you, Cking, was the son of god, living in hell to redeem us of our sins (ha ha).

cking
no, thats what you are good at.

cking
I thought Buddha was your son of God?

mr.smiley
Buddha broke the cycle and is outside of the circle of Gods and humans and such.He recived enlightment and entered Nirvana.Their have been more than one Buddha though and just like any religon it has many sects and such.

cking
He was some strange dude.

finti
and jesus was not?

debbiejo
We are all sons/daughters of God......

mr.smiley
out of all the spirtual teacher I belive Buddha was the greatest.My favirote story is when two followers of Brahma (both belonging to different groups) went to ask the Budda who's Brahma priest was right and a true follower.

The Buddha ask them if their priest live the way their prophet did.Both reply no,their priest live in great mansions and wear expensive clothes.The Buddha tells them neither priest truly knows Brahma because they do not follow his example.
I belive this story still holds true to this day and reflects the current state of most churches.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Buddha broke the cycle and is outside of the circle of Gods and humans and such.He recived enlightment and entered Nirvana.Their have been more than one Buddha though and just like any religon it has many sects and such.

clap

cking
buddha has nothing on Jesus. Buddha is just a man Jesus is god in the flesh he knows everything. Jesus has unlimited power has long as God gives it to him.

mr.smiley
big grin laughing laughing

finti
so no you are judgmental toward a nother set of belief, yet you claim not to be judgmental

Shakyamunison
out of all the spirtual teacher I belive Buddha was the greatest.My favirote story is when two followers of Brahma (both belonging to different groups) went to ask the Budda who's Brahma priest was right and a true follower.

The Buddha ask them if their priest live the way their prophet did.Both reply no,their priest live in great mansions and wear expensive clothes.The Buddha tells them neither priest truly knows Brahma because they do not follow his example.
I belive this story still holds true to this day and reflects the current state of most churches.

Their are many great stories like this that everyone should hear.

mr.smiley
buddha has nothing on Jesus. Buddha is just a man Jesus is god in the flesh he knows everything. Jesus has unlimited power has long as God gives it to him.

Just keep religon division up.Read living Buddha living Christ.

But for the sake of arguing with you...Buddha is beyond God or any Gods.He is and is not.He recieved the ultimate reality.

But read that book and you'll see what a true christian is.

Shakyamunison
so no you are judgmental toward a nother set of belief, yet you claim not to be judgmental

Cking is a lost cause, he has blind faith.

cking
no, but you do.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Their are many great stories like this that everyone should hear.

I agree.I don't see many Pastor of Priest living the example Christ set for us.My friend had this man kicked out of his church because he went into bars and taught the passion of Jesus and such.They kicked him out of their church for this because they where afraid it would give them a bad name.

Now Jesus ate and congregated with tax collectors sinners prostitutes etc.I only see the church reaching out to either the extreamly wealthy,the middle class,or people in third world countries.

mr.smiley
no, but you do.

The ressurection of Christ is based on faith.A matter of fact just belivng in Jesus is a matter of blind faith.Christians are so obsessed with finding a historical Christ.Why should it matter?They don't follow the example of a historical figure anyway.

debbiejo
I agree.I don't see many Pastor of Priest living the example Christ set for us.My friend had this man kicked out of his church because he went into bars and taught the passion of Jesus and such.They kicked him out of their church for this because they where afraid it would give them a bad name.

Now Jesus ate and congregated with tax collectors sinners prostitutes etc.I only see the church reaching out to either the extreamly wealthy,the middle class,or people in third world countries.

I've know people kicked out of churches also.....for sleeping together and not being married.......I guess the church is for only PERFECT sinless people......SO WHAT WAS JESUS DOING....hanging out in those pubs........

Though not all churches are like this.

cking
that is what you believe.

cking
church is for sinners not the righteous, Jesus called the sick not the righteous.

mr.smiley
Who are you talking too?

Never mind

debbiejo
that is what you believe.

Please use your ''quote" botton.....I don't know who you are talking too....If you don't know how....pm me.

Shakyamunison

Ya, money is the god of many churches today, I trained to be a Baptist minister many years ago and I studied a little to hard, I started seeing the hypocrisy of the people and left. Now I am a Buddhist and I see so many people who are Jesus like in my group. People that I look up to because they live the teaching.

mr.smiley
What's funny (or sad) is that the church has always been that way.Pagan philosophers complained about gossiping woman and that Christian leaders where more concerned with money.

joeykangaroo
So, if my skin has color, I am black? Well, my skin is red, so I'm black too? laughing out loud fair point, so no your not

debbiejo
Ya, money is the god of many churches today, I trained to be a Baptist minister many years ago and I studied a little to hard, I started seeing the hypocrisy of the people and left.

It has a way of doing that to you.....I've also attended a Baptist church for many years.....

cking
why did you stop?maybe god called you to be a minister. there will always be hypocrisy. that is just human nature, because people are never satisfied. if you would have sticked with it, things would be better for you in the long run. churches are splitting up because of that.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
laughing out loud fair point, so no your not

I'm glad someone noticed. I have friends that are black and I love them with all of my heart, if we are black, white, red, yellow or olive, we are alive and together and need to love one another.

joeykangaroo
yeah, but I know every well that he is Jewish looking. yeah isnt that because hes arabic or something like that, so he has olive skin then

Shakyamunison
why did you stop?maybe god called you to be a minister. there will always be hypocrisy. that is just human nature, because people are never satisfied. if you would have sticked with it, things would be better for you in the long run. churches are splitting up because of that.

I read the bible, from the start to the end, what I was being told Jesus said, Jesus did not say. You should read more.

cking
I do, but I work all the time and I don't read as much anymore, but I do still remember alot he says.

debbiejo
I'm glad someone noticed. I have friends that are black and I love them with all of my heart, if we are black, white, red, yellow or olive, we are alive and together and need to love one another.

LOVE ALL THE COLORS....Just Like Josephs coat.....COLORS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.....

JOSEPH & AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAM COAT SOUNDTRACK LYRICS

Joseph's Coat

Jacob
Joseph's mother, she was quite my favorite wife
I never really loved another all my life
And Joseph was my joy because
He reminded me of her
Narrator
Through young Joseph, Jacob lived his youth again
Loved him, praised him, gave him all he could, but then
It made the rest feel second best
And even if they were
Brothers
Being told we're also-rans
Does not make us Joseph fans
Narrator
But where they had really missed the boat is
Brothers
We're great guys but no-one seems to notice
Narrator
Joseph's charm and winning smile
Failed to slay them in the aisle
And his father couldn't see the danger
He could not imagine any danger
He just saw in Joseph all his dreams come true
Jacob wanted to show the world he loved his son
To make it clear that Joseph was the special one
So Jacob bought his son a coat
A multi-colored coat to wear
Brothers & Female Ensemble
Joseph's coat was elegant
The cut was fine
The tasteful style was the
Ultimate in good design
And this is why it caught the eye
A king would stop and stare
Narrator
And when Joseph tried it on
He knew his sheepskin days were gone
Narrator, Female Ensemble & Children
Such a dazzling coat of many colors
How he loved his coat of many colors
Narrator
In a class above the rest
It even went well with his vest
Such a stunning coat of many colors
How he loved his coat of many colors
It was red and yellow and green and
Brown and blue
Joseph's brothers weren't
Too pleased with what they saw
Brothers
We had never liked him
All that much before
And now this coat
Has got our goat
We feel life is unfair
Narrator, Female Ensemble & Children
And when Joseph graced the scene
His bothers turned a shade of green
His astounding clothing took the biscuit
Brothers
Quite the smoothest person in the district
Joseph & Female Ensemble
I look handsome, I look smart
I am a walking work of art
Such a dazzling coat of many colors
How I love my coat of many colors
Narrator, Joseph, Ensemble & Children
It was red and yellow and green and brown
And scarlet and black and ocher and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And red and yellow and green and brown
Scarlet and black and ocher and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And blue

cking
true, Jesus said love your neighbor as yourself. even the law says this.

joeykangaroo
o...k
i hate that song
what about..... MJ-it dont matter if you black or white

cking
Micheal Jackson was a Jehovah's witness.

debbiejo
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
o...k
i hate that song
what about..... MJ-it dont matter if you black or white

But there's lot of pretty colors.......

Know I don't like Michael....cause he beat it!!!

cking
I know alot about Micheal Jackson through his biography.

Shakyamunison
But there's lot of pretty colors.......

Know I don't like Michael....cause he beat it!!!

I don't like Michael Jackson because he might have gotten away with child molestation (I could be wrong). I am mostly a nice guy, but when it comes to child molesters, I am not nice at all...furious

cking
I feel sorry for his childhood, he father abused him pretty bad, but Hollywood was only half of it.

joeykangaroo
id only want to be his friends to go look round his house and so he can buy me stuff..... hes too scary

cking
one thing good about Micheal Jackson is his older music like Billie jean and thriller were smash hits and also when he was with the Jackson five.I have a dvd of him back in the eighties back in his prime. there was one in 1982, he was doing Billie jean and he started the moon walk. I saw the thriller video and was the biggest selling album of all time.

cking
still he never had nothing on Elvis in popularity, Elvis began and ended in good fashion in music. His personal life was the opposite and he died of drug overdose in his early forties.

Shakyamunison
still he never had nothing on Elvis in popularity, Elvis began and ended in good fashion in music. His personal life was the opposite and he died of drug overdose in his early forties.

Sorry: Off topic: lets get back on topic.

debbiejo
Yes........offtopic

cking
sorry about that. this has nothing to do with the thread anyway. it is ok to get off a little off, but if it goes on it will destroy the thread.

CosmicSurfer
I'm a little confused what olive skinned really means? Is it another way of saying brown skinned? What does a person with "olive" skin look like? Excuse my ignorance.

debbiejo
Originally posted by CosmicSurfer
I'm a little confused what olive skinned really means? Is it another way of saying brown skinned? What does a person with "olive" skin look like? Excuse my ignorance.

Olive skinned are another name for Mediterranean skinned people...tan like..

CosmicSurfer
Olive skinned are another name for Mediterranean skinned people...tan like..

So you mean like the color of people from India? I assumed before that olive is brown colored.

debbiejo
So you mean like the color of people from India? I assumed before that olive is brown colored.
Yeah..like India, Italy, etc.....light brown is olive....

CosmicSurfer
So given the geographical area he lived in, was he light olive skinned or dark olive skinned? I've always known that Jesus was a man of color, but to what extent ....I don't know how he really looked like from my perspective.

debbiejo
So given the geographical area he lived in, was he light olive skinned or dark olive skinned? I've always known that Jesus was a man of color, but to what extent ....I don't know how he really looked like from my perspective.

I would think he was dark...And probably being in the sun...makes you darker....But I don't know.....Just think he wasn't a bond, blue eyed guy...

CosmicSurfer
I would think he was dark...And probably being in the sun...makes you darker....But I don't know.....Just think he wasn't a bond, blue eyed guy...

Yeah, I agree with you on this. That's a reasonable educated guess just by using common sense -- observing the conditions and environment on the area where he's from.

Atlantis001

debbiejo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.