1 Ichi - The Prequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Just curious if anyone outside the US has caught this, or if it were brand new all around? It's a prequel to Miike's "Ichi the Killer", but directed by Masato Tanno, who is basically Miike's right hand man/A.D. and worked on the original.

I'll give it a look either tonight or tomorrow and share my thoughts/opinions.

Cinemaddiction
I gave it a look see this afternoon and thought it was pretty average. It was a very straight forward movie that recycled a lot of scenes just to fill time. The only recognizable character Ichi, who reprised his role, same actor ever.

In a nutshell, the movie was about how Ichi was bullied a lot in High School, so much so that eventually violence literally turned him on, and the film is basically Ichi getting violently beaten by an assortment of characters.

It doesn't really ruin any mystique of Ishi, and the backstory is a little predictible when applied to real life, but one viewing should be enough. "Hmmph..that's interesting" best sums it up, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.