Faramir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dresta
i was just wondering why in the film Faramir was portrayed as a stupid man that had fallen under the rings spell pretty much. when in the book he was very resistant to the ring and showed almost no sign of wanting the ring or thinking about taking it to his father. i have no idea why Peter Jackson did this, he made Faramir seem less intelligent then he was in the book, which annoyed me just a bit.

Fëanor
that was so his character did not overshadow that of boromir and to make him seem timid next to his daunting father....

did you not go 'ugh' when he made slurpee sounds when he was eating?

although i did get hungry afterwards tbh....

Dresta
he wasa supposed to be a noble intelligant character not an ******* like he was in the film.

Elessea
He was noble and intelligent, it just wasn't as 'thrown out there' as it was in the book, you had to look deeper...really search the characterization to find it. Its a lot harder to see character traits portrayed in a film because they aren't right there in front of you like they are with words in a boo.

Leggy_n_Merry
Phillipa Boyens also said in The Two Towers Extended Edition that they had to make Frodo and Sam come to like an obstacle because nothing exciting happened in The Two Towers with Frodo and Sam as they put Shelob's Lair and all that in Return of the King...well I dunno if that is a reason but it is kinda isn't it..I think no expression

Dresta
yeah maybe but i didn't like the way that Faramir was portrayed in the film and he tried to take the ring which he said he would never think of doing in the book.

Smodden
Originally posted by Dresta
he wasa supposed to be a noble intelligant character not an ******* like he was in the film.
I couldn't agree more.
however:
Originally posted by Elessea
He was noble and intelligent, it just wasn't as 'thrown out there' as it was in the book, you had to look deeper...really search the characterization to find it. Its a lot harder to see character traits portrayed in a film because they aren't right there in front of you like they are with words in a boo.
^Elessea explains it perfectly.

ladygrim
i dont think he looked stupid (fit) lol i think he was made to look like a lesser person not as strong minded by his F'ing father

Dresta
he was better than his father his father was mental and tried to burn his son to ash. crazy old man.

masterkit
Faramir is a doosh in the movies

Aduruth
as are you, no faramir was presented as that, becuase if you trhink of that pj represented faramir as he were supposed to in the books, he would just be exactly like aragorn. so it couldve been a purposly done act by pj.

honestly mastrerkit, dont down a thread, unless its a better way to down it. other than righting and i quote "doosh" u should write why he;s a "doosh"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.