Wolverine no adbone/claws/healing vs. Captain America no/shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Funkmaster TC
i think captain america takes this.

CapCom
Cap. Hes got superhuman strength. Essentially, Wolverine is just a guy.

Unfair, but Cap, hands down.

yahman
Ummmmmmmmm probably Wolverine cos he has a silly haircut. Well he use 2. Umm Cap Com has is it going. Where in the good all USA are you from. smokin' smokin'

Dark Thor
they both have excellent martial arts, but i say capt america takes this since hes stronger. All of Wolverine's strength comes from the metal skeleton

Funkmaster TC
alright then cap doesnt got his superstrength then now who wins

Dark Thor
then stalemate

mdbull73
Wolverine--much more vicious, sadistic, etc. etc. That would be the difference.

CapCom
Wolverine. But this is stupid. Youre making it so we only talk integrity, which is boring.

GalacticStorm
Wolverine would still win. The adamantium doesnt make him that much stronger, he can still only lift 800lbs with it. Its absence doesnt really make a difference and please bear in mind that cap can only lift a ton so its not really a big disadvantage for wolverine. Their fighting skills are debatably at least on par and despite not having ad bones his claws will still shred through cap no problem. Another factor to consider is that without ad bones his healing factor is dramatically increased as was revealed in the comics at the time. Ad in his body is regarded by his healing factor as a antibody so part of his factor is negated while he has the metal present in his body.

Betta Ray Bill
Wolverine only though having the strength of a normal human athlete, possess a greater healing factor without the adimantium metal. However he is older and has been around even longer than cap. america. We need also keep in mind that Wolvie's claws can cut through anything whether he has the adimantium or not.

Soljer
Sock much?

Sundipped
This is Wolvie with no claws, no a-skeleton, and no HF right? Cap still has the SS serum so he wins this. This is sort of a handicapped match.

Caps Conscience
Wolverine with no healing factor=dead

Battlehammer
Not at all.

First off Logan with out his hf and so forth is equal to capt in every area if not superior.

Logan would still has superhiman agility, reflexes, stamina, strength and so forth.

His durability would be beyond that of capts.

Logan has already shown that he does not need his healing factor to defeat capt.

Soljer
5/10 to each.

Without his adamantium, claws, or healing, they are virtually the same person. Wolverine's just shorter and harrier.

erm.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
5/10 to each.

Without his adamantium, claws, or healing, they are virtually the same person. Wolverine's just shorter and harrier.

erm.
Your forgetting Logan still holds a durability edge. Not to mention he also has hieghten senses which could come in quite handy in a fight.

Logan takes it in my opinion.

Now if they were complete equals body wise I would give it a rough spit.

But Logan still holds advantages in this fight due to his slightly superior body.

Soljer
Heightened senses? So he can smell Cap better - so what?

They both have feats of sensing wind shifts to detect incoming attacks - which hardly matters since neither is concealed.

I've seen nothing from Wolverine to show that he has a durability edge, when neglecting his healing factor and adamantium.

This fight is an even split. erm.

Battlehammer
Heightened senses? So he can smell Cap better - so what?

They both have feats of sensing wind shifts to detect incoming attacks - which hardly matters since neither is concealed.
when has capt ever done this? The only time I can think of is capt saying I can see faster. thats hardly evidence to support him being able to prodict attacks.

Wolverine has stated numerous times being able to senses attacks. From either hearing heart beats to smelling chemical changes and so forth.

Capt senses do not even capare to Logans.

I've seen nothing from Wolverine to show that he has a durability edge, when neglecting his healing factor and adamantium.

This fight is an even split. erm.

Logan has been stated as having been chemically enduced durability giving him durability well beyond that of the human limitations.

Logans also been shown to take nunchucks to the face and so forth with out being fazed or even cut.

Logans bones have also been stated as being just as tough as his bone claws which rend straight through most any thing, such as solid metal, stone and so forth.

Logans bones and muscles are a good deal more durable then capts..

Soljer
Cap detected an attack from THE BLACK PANTHER (you know, one of the stealthiest guys in Marvel) via shifting air currents.

Anywho, I never said Cap's sense compared to Logan's, I said they wouldn't make a difference here.

Further more, Cap's taken hits from high-class-bricks, and has been used as a human wrecking ball without being knocked out. I know, I know, being beaten through concrete, and having an entire apartment complex leveled on your head HARDLY compares to nunchuks, but bear with me.

Further - Logan's only claim to chemically enhanced durability is outside of comics, and therefore has questionable validity. Otherwise? Throw up a scan.

Wolverine is no more durable than Captain America when you remove his adamantium and cancel out his healing factor. no expression.

Battlehammer
Cap detected an attack from THE BLACK PANTHER (you know, one of the stealthiest guys in Marvel) via shifting air currents.

Anywho, I never said Cap's sense compared to Logan's, I said they wouldn't make a difference here.
But they do. Logan senses are far greater. Giveing him far greater accuracy when prodicting anothers attack.

Further more, Cap's taken hits from high-class-bricks, and has been used as a human wrecking ball without being knocked out. I know, I know, being beaten through concrete, and having an entire apartment complex leveled on your head HARDLY compares to nunchuks, but bear with me.
when was this? I don't recall ever readding this. Not to mention he be crushed to death. Also all this is aided by chain mail armor/ Logan does not were armor. Which you seem to be forgetting. Logan relies on pure durability. Capt relies on his armors durability.

Further - Logan's only claim to chemically enhanced durability is outside of comics, and therefore has questionable validity. Otherwise? Throw up a scan.
how it questionable? It was stated by marvel as the true origins of weapon x.

sorry but there really no debate on if it valid when it was stated by marvel as being the true origins.

Battlehammer
opps I forgott capt gets to keep his armor.

so ya it about even then, becuase Logan durability advantages would be match by capts armor.

Though in my opinion Logan wins slightly 5.5/10, but thats just me.

Tyrant
Wolverine doesn't have bones here?
Cap obviously wins then.

Buccaneer
This is a roundabout way of asking who would win in a contest of skill. Not by much, but I'd say Cap.

Caps Conscience
Cap wins and bump

Jack Harkness
Cap takes it. Wolverine isn't even super powered like Spiderman so Cap takes it.

Alfheim
Cap wins. no expression

jinzin
Originally posted by Jack Harkness
Cap takes it. Wolverine isn't even super powered like Spiderman so Cap takes it.

Wolverine has enhanced strength, speed, and hyber active senses. What do you mean he's not superpowered? What the f**k?

that said, he still loses to Cap here.

Soljer
Originally posted by jinzin
Wolverine has enhanced strength, speed, and hyber active senses. What do you mean he's not superpowered? What the f**k?

that said, he still loses to Cap here.

Why does he lose? It seems they should be approximate equals in this thread.

jinzin
I think that more or less they are.

But Wolverine doesn't have a healing factor here, so he'll fatigue out while Cap won't.

Any advantage cap has over Wolverine in his favor plays a huge factor here, and Cap is more used to having to fight without the luxury of a hf or indestructible bones where as Wolverine as grown accustomed to them and gotten lazy as a fighter because of them, I think with a couple of months of training to get back into the habit of fighting without acting like he's invicible Wolverine would easily be in the same league as Cap, but if both characters are just being plucked out of their repective universe and dropped into an arena with Wolverine at these disadvantages I don't see him taking the majority... maybe 3 out of 10 but no more than that IMO.

Soljer

But Wolverine doesn't have a healing factor here, so he'll fatigue out while Cap won't.

Any advantage cap has over Wolverine here is in his favor, and Cap is more used to having to fight without the luxury of a hf or indestructible bones where as Wolverine as grown accustomed to them and gotten lazy as a fighter because of them, I think with a couple of months of training to get back into the habit of fighting without acting like he's invicible Wolverine would easily be in the same league as Cap, but if both characters are just being plucked out of their repective universe and dropped into an arena with Wolverine at these disadvantages I don't see him taking the majority... maybe 3 out of 10 but no more than that IMO.

Hmmm....agreed.

srankmissingnin

Any advantage cap has over Wolverine in his favor plays a huge factor here, and Cap is more used to having to fight without the luxury of a hf or indestructible bones where as Wolverine as grown accustomed to them and gotten lazy as a fighter because of them, I think with a couple of months of training to get back into the habit of fighting without acting like he's invicible Wolverine would easily be in the same league as Cap, but if both characters are just being plucked out of their repective universe and dropped into an arena with Wolverine at these disadvantages I don't see him taking the majority... maybe 3 out of 10 but no more than that IMO.

I'm not sure its as much as a disadvantage on Wolverine's part as you are making it out to be. One needs to keep in mind Marvel's time scale when considering something like this, 'cause Wolverine has only been relaying on his healing factor/claws/adamantium bones for maybe ten years. He spent the whole of his black opts/military career keeping his abilities under wraps. Relying on knifes guns and pretending he didn't even have a healing factor. When he was chosen for Adamantium bonding by Weapon X they weren't even 100% on him having a healing factor; there was paper work filled every once in a while where someone would insist that Logan got a bullet in the leg or something, but little else. He dropped into the role of Patch pretty effortlessly too, and he rarely used his claws or healing factor as Patch since he wanted people to think Wolverine was dead.

Soljer
Ten years may not be a long time for someone who has lived for hundreds.

But it's plenty long enough to develop bad habits. erm.

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm not sure its as much as a disadvantage on Wolverine's part as you are making it out to be. One needs to keep in mind Marvel's time scale when considering something like this, 'cause Wolverine has only been relaying on his healing factor/claws/adamantium bones for maybe ten years. He spent the whole of his black opts/military career keeping his abilities under wraps. Relying on knifes guns and pretending he didn't even have a healing factor. When he was chosen for Adamantium bonding by Weapon X they weren't even 100% on him having a healing factor; there was paper work filled every once in a while where someone would insist that Logan got a bullet in the leg or something, but little else. He dropped into the role of Patch pretty effortlessly too, and he rarely used his claws or healing factor as Patch since he wanted people to think Wolverine was dead.

i'd say that the only reason there wasn't much paper work on his healing factor was due to "them" keeping it under wraps as implied by origins, and also due to the fact that anyone from those days who had seen his healing factor in action probably didn't live to talk about it.

I'd say that it's fairly clear that Wolverine's gotten sloppy as a fighter because of his reliance on those things, hell there was a huge arc about it around issues 120-130 something. So the marvel time-scale doesn't mean much to me as much as Wolverine's own admission.

And the fatigue, I think WOULD play a major factor in this fight, Cap can keep himself going at optimal levels indefinitely so Wolverine has to keep this fight short to keep in this fight at all. That said, I don't feel that Wolverine is incapible, though I imagine that's how it's sounding, that's not what I mean to say, but I still think Cap's taking the majority here.

Battlehammer
capt still tires jinzin. He has peak=human durabilty he can and does tire it jsut takes a logn time. Logan has shown with out his healing factor he still as immense stamina. so really staminaq not going to play a role here.

also Logan has on many occassions has done quite fine with out a healing factor. He really does not need that much time to get sue to not having it.

jinzin
Originally posted by Battlehammer
capt still tires jinzin. He has peak=human durabilty he can and does tire it jsut takes a logn time. Logan has shown with out his healing factor he still as immense stamina. so really staminaq not going to play a role here.
Cap tires after fighting hours and hours and hours perhaps... but In this fight I disagree, I think it will play a huge factor, Logan and Cap are already virtual equals in speed and Logan without a healing factor doesn't have a stamina that even remotely resembles that of Captain America, even if he fatigues to a point that brings him down to 97% ten minutes into the fight he'll still be 3% worse off than Cap and every little bit helps here...

Originally posted by Battlehammer
also Logan has on many occassions has done quite fine with out a healing factor. He really does not need that much time to get sue to not having it.

Like I said, I don't mean to say that Wolverine's incapible, (and please, battlehammer, no offense to you, but you're not about to educate me on Logan erm...) however, Logan is sloppier because of it, and has admitted it on a few occasions.. it's not really up for debate.

Darth Martin
I believe Cap has better fighting skill but I believe Wolverine is enhanced somewhat or maybe he's superhuman somewhat.

Soljer
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I believe Cap has better fighting skill but I believe Wolverine is enhanced somewhat or maybe he's superhuman somewhat.

To about the same extent Captain America is. erm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.