Forshadowing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

goddess_susu
Sometimes while you reading you find clues, that might help on guessing what's coming up next
and that's what this thread is for.
Here you can post down your thoughts for discussion!

goddess_susu
For example, I was rereading the Order of the Phoenix and noticed something I hadn't noticed before.

When Dumbledore is talking to Harry in the very end of the book
pg 843 he says

"There is a room in the Department of Mysteries, that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is power held witthin that room that you posses in such quantities and Voldemort has none at all. That power took you to save Sirius tonight. That power also saved you from possession of Voldemort, because he could not bear to reside in your body so full of the force he detests..."

Hermione202
Well what does it mean?

goddess_susu
I think we'll be hearing more about this room. Maybe there's a way Harry can use it to destroy Voldemort, or the other way around.

goddess_susu
You know what, maybe Voldmort notice there is something about Harry, he might want to figure out how he saved himself from possession, he might try to find out more about the room

goddess_susu
Nothing is for sure, except the fact that I know Joe wouldn't write that in for no reason

Hermione202
Thats true.That room really does seem important.

goddess_susu
this is making me even more anxious

Hermione202
There are some great clues on http://www.mugglenet.com/books/anagrams.shtml

you guys should check it out

Hermione202
There are some great clues on what could happen in the other books.its just the ideas of other HP fans but its really interesting.
http://www.mugglenet.com/books/anagrams.shtml

you guys should check it out

goddess_susu
what do you think about the door though?

DanZeke25
a lot of people think its love behind the door, i hope its not though.. that woould be stupid

goddess_susu
how can love be more terrible then death?

amburger1984
That is a tough one to pick apart. Maybe love, is only part of it. Perhaps what Dumbledore meant by saying that it was "a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death" is that love is something that we would be willing to die for, but what hurts us most when we lose it.

goddess_susu
Dumbledore said Voldemort (yeh, I have no problem saying his name) can't stand this force, so maybe if he tries to open that door he'll die!!! confused

DanZeke25
Originally posted by goddess_susu

yeah thats what i was thinking...

Hermione202

Originally posted by DanZeke25

In simple terms it means this:Well,we all know that love is wonderful so no need explaining that part.

But you love , and you lose.When you lose someone you love , its worse , far worse , than death.

losing someone you love is worse than death.

Originally posted by amburger1984
That is a tough one to pick apart. Maybe love, is only part of it. Perhaps what Dumbledore meant by saying that it was "a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death" is that love is something that we would be willing to die for, but what hurts us most when we lose it.

this is another explanation

Hermione202

Originally posted by DanZeke25

In simple terms it means this:Well,we all know that love is wonderful so no need explaining that part.

But you love , and you lose.When you lose someone you love , its worse , far worse , than death.

losing someone you love can be worse than death.

Originally posted by amburger1984

this is another explanation

Saberstylemasta
Ever notice that JKR often forshadows? SHe uses things that seem almost pointless at the time to foreshadow for future books.

Is th Chamber of Secerts, when HArry was in Bogin's he saw a necklace with a sign that said

DO NOT TOUCH: CURSED Has claimed the lives of 19 muggles to date

this is the same necklace that Malfoy gave to katie bell

Hermione202
Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
Ever notice that JKR often forshadows? SHe uses things that seem almost pointless at the time to foreshadow for future books.

Is th Chamber of Secerts, when HArry was in Bogin's he saw a necklace with a sign that said

DO NOT TOUCH: CURSED Has claimed the lives of 19 muggles to date

this is the same necklace that Malfoy gave to katie bell

It makes sense .but that doesn't mean that she was planning it.does it?

Saberstylemasta
It might, and that's just one example. Remember that Vanishing cabnit, and there's probablly more, but I can't think.

Hermione202
Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
It might, and that's just one example. Remember that Vanishing cabnit, and there's probablly more, but I can't think.

hhhmm...your right.
JK is very tricky , too tricky.

Saberstylemasta
and Also in chanber of secrets, Peeves broke the Vanishing cabinet

RoguePw25
THREADS MERGED

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.