Debate of the Month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elessea
Well, the Harry Potter Forum has one, and I think it would be cool if we did, since we all enjoy debating so much, and it might help sorta revive the forum...just a suggestion...

So, If anyone has an opinion on this, or an idea for a debate...post stick out tongue

Son of Boromir
DUH i do noting but argu even when they agree so yes we should thumb up =

Smodden
Let's debate!eek!

Elessea
eek! about whatsit?

Smodden
*looks at Elessea*

Tell us leader.shock

Elessea
blink err...I make idea, you guys can choose the topic -cowers-

shadowy_blue
Books:

Do Balrogs have wings? -- this can go on forever since nobody knows the truth but it can provide a good debate.

Outrage: Why most Christians shun Harry Potter for its magic while not minding The Lord of the Rings? (well, Tolkien was banned in some schools but not to the same extent that HP was).

Allegory? -- Tolkien stated entirely clear that there wasn't any of it in his books but some people might insist on their point of view?

Melkor: Evil by Nature or Evil by Will?

Bad guys: Is there any hope of redemption?

Racism in LotR?

Sexism?

Feanor: Self-important or Misunderstood?

Movies:

Frodo: Both the strongest and weakest character in the Trilogy?

Changes in LotR: Why all the anger?

"Faramir" was in the movie?

Grima crying: What does it mean?

Good and Evil: Downplayed or Overplayed?

Dumbing down the Books?

^Those could be some possible topics for debate.

Elessea
-gasp- my thread was on the second page cry

Flying High
ha ha...we were read harry potter in primmary school stick out tongue

belbel300
yup, a long time ago, in yr 5 if i remeber rightly

plays with squa
i have a question would awen and agaron kid live forever from his mom side or cause she gave that up would he be normal of would he be like his dad the Dunedin rangers and have long life?

Flying High
i have no idea no expression....maybe...just a little longer than the Dunedin rangers but not forever?

Exabyte

Flying High
that doesn't make much sense lol...tolkein changed his mind messed...

Exabyte
Originally posted by Flying High
that doesn't make much sense lol...tolkein changed his mind messed...
I think it does make sense given the surroundings and familiar conditions all those people had smile and the choices of their parents

belbel300
!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.