Nursing homes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vaya_the_elf
Ok. I was wondering what everyones thoughts were about Nursing homes

Like do they treat people well enough?
would you put a family member their?
Should nursing homes be changed?
Do you think they cost to much money?

and any thing else you might want to add.

SlipknoT
I think its funny when they abuse old People no expression .....

ragesRemorse
with the exception of few. A nursing home is soley a place to go and die, while being treated like an infant in the process.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I think its funny when they abuse old People no expression .....

yeah...me too embarrasment

jaden101
alot of people in my family work in nursing homes...they do great work with long hours and little pay with little thanks as well

and because the media do these investigatory documentaries about badly run nursing homes then all of a sudden they are all corrupt, profit driven evil people who abuse pensioners...

nothing swings opinion like a media shock show

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
with the exception of few. A nursing home is soley a place to go and die, while being treated like an infant in the process.

So when you get old you want to go their?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by jaden101
alot of people in my family work in nursing homes...they do great work with long hours and little pay with little thanks as well

and because the media do these investigatory documentaries about badly run nursing homes then all of a sudden they are all corrupt, profit driven evil people who abuse pensioners...

nothing swings opinion like a media shock show

Many nursing homes are terrible places to work aswell to live. My mother works in admitting people into snifs all the time. I have also worked at a few old people homes when i was younger. Those people are treated like shit.They are given no respect at all. Not so much from the orderly's, but the staff. In the case of nursing homes, you get what you pay for.

vaya_the_elf
My grandpa just got moved to one a week ago.
He is not doing so good.

He says they are mistreating him, but does not go into details.

Although he is pretty sick though. Not sure what to do.

Alpha Centauri
My mum looked after her sick mum for 16 years. Home ridden, with very little help until the last couple of years.

Years of doing horrific tasks that took a mental and physical toll on her both at home and there.

She said "If I ever get like that, put me in a home."

Until you've experienced that, I don't think anyone is in any position to claim homes as a bad place.

-AC

cking
I think nursing homes are bad. They don't take care of the old people and are mean to them. So when the old people leave, they are mean also. I think it is just for younger couples who don't want to take care of their older parents so they leave them there. It would become no worries for the younger people.

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by cking
I think nursing homes are bad. They don't take care of the old people and are mean to them. So when the old people leave, they are mean also. I think it is just for younger couples who don't want to take care of their older parents so they leave them there. It would become no worries for the younger people.

In some cases that might be true, but in my case my grandpa is just really ill. None of us have the right care for him, and he needs to be watched all the time.

sad

Hate to see him their, but not sure what else I could do about it.

cking
one of these days, I won't be able to take care of my parents and they probably will never retire because social security will be gone. If social security is gone I won't retire either unless I'm rich but the odds of becoming that is slim.

cking
I think it will be hard for this generation to retire because the baby boom generation that came out ot world war three is dying and so is social security which spells bad news for us.

cking
sorry world war two

SlipknoT
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf

Hate to see him their, but not sure what else I could do about it. Give him a gun?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
My mum looked after her sick mum for 16 years. Home ridden, with very little help until the last couple of years.

Years of doing horrific tasks that took a mental and physical toll on her both at home and there.

She said "If I ever get like that, put me in a home."

Until you've experienced that, I don't think anyone is in any position to claim homes as a bad place.

-AC

that has nothing to do with how people are treated in care homes though. that is justifying a decesion of putting someone in a care home.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by cking
I think it will be hard for this generation to retire because the baby boom generation that came out ot world war three is dying and so is social security which spells bad news for us.

I agree that the WWII generation was the last honorable and rational generation, but is that because of the war or not? Social security will be gone due to bad decesions made by the government.

cking
very true! the government didn't do well with the money.

WindDancer

If I can provide care and support for a family member I would be force to do it. I would feel sad to do it. But there isn't another choice. Older people need attention and it is too hard to watch over them. Do they cost too much money? yeah, but family is family and you gotta pitch in.

ElectricBugaloo
I'm hispanic, we actually respect our elders and don't ship them off to nursing homes.

Alpha Centauri
I respect my parents immensely, they also respect me and are possibly the two most selfless people I've ever met.

That's why they said that to me and to be honest, I would never bring the kind of atmosphere into my home that my mum was forced to bring into ours.

-AC

mr.smiley
I work at one!!!!

cking
their are four class of people. poor or homeless, low middle class, upper middle class and the rich and famous. the rich and famous will not have a problem taking care of relatives. The upper middle class will have few problems. The low middle class will have many problems and will barley support them. The poor or homeless will struggle and probably won't support them at all. I can give you a low down on what what kind of salary a person makes and what category they would be put in. poor or homeless work at low income jobs and make minimum wage and has bad credit. They probably need welfare and food stamps just to support themselves. these jobs pay less than $7.00 an hour. these would be placed in the low income category. low middle class would be like nurses, assistant managers at walmart that pay less than $50,000. another good example is a high school coach, they make not much more that $40,000 a year. These would be placed in the low middle class category. they don't need financial aid, but they will struggle with the bills because they will have to sweat it out paycheck to paycheck to avoid bad credit. upper middle class would be doctors, lawyers, store managers of walmart, veterinarians, any job that requires more education. These jobs make more than a $100,000 a year. They won't have a problem with the bills as long as they spend money well and retirement won't be a problem. This is the upper middle class category, almost rich but not yet. the rich and famous are like movie stars, sport stars, political figures, walmart executives, they make over $1 million a year. They never worry about the bills as long as they spend it well and also look forward to an early retirement. This is the rich and famous category. People below upper middle class may not ever retire because social security may be gone. They won't have any money saved over because they have to have for the bills.

RavenSDL
There to expensive but sometimes family members cannot cope and need help espically if the family member is medically ill

SaTsuJiN
alot of people wind up not liking 'homes' because they usually employ people who are way too young to be understanding how intensely careful and patient you have to be to deal with senior citizens.. their bones are brittle, they get sick very easily.. when you get those employees that dont really care about what job they're doing you get problems like this

GuitarBunny
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I think its funny when they abuse old People no expression ..... same here confused

GCG

Do they treat elderly people right ?

mad No some of them dont;

My grandmaother got run over and had her head splatterd on a car windscreen cause of their carelessness.

and what pisses me most is that my family didnt have the balls to sue them !

mr.smiley
Are you serious?That's terrible!

GCG
****ing right !

And the by the next day, my granma's furniture and possesions had already been moved to a sdtore of the nursing home to make way for the next occupant.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by GCG
Do they treat elderly people right ?

mad No some of them dont;

My grandmaother got run over and had her head splatterd on a car windscreen cause of their carelessness.

and what pisses me most is that my family didnt have the balls to sue them ! Who was driving a car around in the nursing home?

debbiejo
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I work at one!!!!

Really??? Wow, you're full of surprises.......someday I want to go into a nursing home where they have talking lamps and furniture.....I just love having conversations with inanimate objects....just like my pc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.