Thanos vs Classic Juggernaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yahman
Both these characters were two of my favourites untill i joined this forum. Now due to the evil Shinanigans of their devoted Fanboys it is now impossible to like either. wink wink Both are supposed to be invincible and as strong as a 100 angry Hulks. "Only Joking by the way". wink

Juggernaught has his Force field and Thanos has his ummmmmmmm ... ??????? hat.

The battle takes place in New York and no one else is allowedto join in. No prep time either.

Who wins, hopefully they kill each other. wink

who?-kid
Interesting...

I'd vote for Thanos, but can somebody explain me why I vote for him lol ? I don't see him really hurting Juggernaut.

ZephroCarnelian
Thanos.

Cos he's just cooler. big grin

Lord S
Strength and weight-wise, these two are probably the same...but Thanos has a brain, and that makes a world of difference.

I take Thanos...8/10 times.

yahman
''d vote for Thanos, but can somebody explain me why I vote for him lol ? I don't see him really hurting Juggernaut.'

The same is said about his fight with champ and yet he beat him.

long pig
He really didn't beat Champ, he tricked him. It's not like he K.O'd him or hurt him at all or anything, he tricked him to give up the gem, then left.

Thanos is a good bit stronger than Jugs, but he couldn't hurt him, and Jugs couldn't hurt Thanos.

If they were forced to fight, it'd be a draw. Otherwise, Thanos just leaves, he's got better things to do.

olympian
Thanos is simply on a level above these guys.

And after he beat Hulk, Thor, Thing and Immortal herc at the same time i dont find it difficullt at all imagining him beating Jugs.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah. He has a different level of power. He goes toe-to-toe with Odin.

I think he COULD hurt Juggernaut.

Magical invulnerability or not.

Lord S
A lot of people accept Onslaught's first form as being equal to Thanos in power...and he nearly killed Juggy, so why wouldn't Thanos be able to?

yahman
"A lot of people accept Onslaught's first form as being equal to Thanos in power... "

What ????????????? This is news to me.

When has Thnos demonstrated power on the level of Onslaught. I mean he has beaten some formidable foes, But to my knowledge he has never shown power on the level of creating Sun's,

long pig
Because the whole Onslaught saga, Jugs jobbed to OS.
No one counts OS in anything when it comes to Jugs, too many inconsistancies and out right wrong statements in it.

It falls under the PIS argument more than anything.

olympian
What they have in common is beating hulk left and right.

And Onslaught created a sun?

Lord S
Originally posted by yahman
"A lot of people accept Onslaught's first form as being equal to Thanos in power... "

What ????????????? This is news to me.

When has Thnos demonstrated power on the level of Onslaught. I mean he has beaten some formidable foes, But to my knowledge he has never shown power on the level of creating Sun's, I said Onlsaught's first form...which had the combined and amplified powers of Xavier and Magneto.

Originally posted by long pig
Because the whole Onslaught saga, Jugs jobbed to OS.
No one counts OS in anything when it comes to Jugs, too many inconsistancies and out right wrong statements in it. Like what?

kgkg
Originally posted by olympian
What they have in common is beating hulk left and right.

And Onslaught created a sun?
with franks power.

yahman
"I said Onlsaught's first form...which had the combined and amplified powers of Xavier and Magneto."

Sorry dude my mistake. What can i do to make it up to u
wink

olympian
Ah ok. That explains it.

And about Jugs. One mistake i recall its showing xavier as onslaugh taking the gem out of Jugs chest. When in all Marvel history so far he never had it.

About the overpowering Jugs, mmf some time since i saw it. I know he was punched from one place to another but...well no comment on that since i dont remember well.

Lord S
Originally posted by yahman
"Sorry dude my mistake. What can i do to make it up to u
wink I'll get back to you on that.

yahman
'I'll get back to you on that.'

eek!

long pig
Yeah, the gem was never in his chest, but they used the excuse that he put it there "off panel". Sure.

Psylock was able to mentally assualt/mind read Jugs, while his helmet was on.

Cyttorak was shown to look like Jugs, which if you read any Strange, Cyttorak looks nothing like jugs, he looks like a pirate.

Jugs was K.O'd by a physical attack, which no one else could ever do.

Too much rushed bullshit, it wasn't written correctly. No one counts it because it's pure PIS.

zachrivard
did superman prime ever creat a sun?

Cosmic Cube
Anyone recall that Thanos is one of the universes most powerful telepathys, and he can join the Uni-Mind? Telepathy > Juggy.

kgkg
Yeah, the gem was never in his chest, but they used the excuse that he put it there "off panel". Sure.

Psylock was able to mentally assualt/mind read Jugs, while his helmet was on.

Cyttorak was shown to look like Jugs, which if you read any Strange, Cyttorak looks nothing like jugs, he looks like a pirate.

Jugs was K.O'd by a physical attack, which no one else could ever do.

Too much rushed bullshit, it wasn't written correctly. No one counts it because it's pure PIS.
Thanos will punch Jugs like a rag doll

olympian
"did superman prime ever creat a sun?"

It was never seen him doing anything on its own.

Lord S
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Anyone recall that Thanos is one of the universes most powerful telepathys, and he can join the Uni-Mind? Telepathy > Juggy. I don't think so...the only time I've seen Thanos able to use telepathy is with a device, usually through another telepath, (ie. Moondragon, Prof. X)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Lord S
I don't think so...the only time I've seen Thanos able to use telepathy is with a device, usually through another telepath, (ie. Moondragon, Prof. X)

Because you havent seen it yourself that doesnt mean that it isnt true does it now? Thanos does actually have strong psionic powers and is highly resistant to psychic attack:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thanos.htm

Its true. You learn something new everyday.

long pig
He has a high degree telepathy, but I was thinking of this as a fist fight.

I've never seen the scan where Thanos says he is "strength incarnate", that just furthers my opinion that Thanos can match Hulk's strenth. evil face

Maestro
It depends if Thanos' cosmic power can override the magic incarnation on juggernaut. It's possible, the guy can match odin and tyrant who are arguably on the same tier as cytarrok (tyrant probably higher) but thanos will have to amp his cosmic levels to his upper limits if he's gonna have a chance to beat juggs.

edit: Thor overrided it, so thanos might have a chance.

Lord S
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Because you havent seen it yourself that doesnt mean that it isnt true does it now? Thanos does actually have strong psionic powers and is highly resistant to psychic attack:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thanos.htm

Its true. You learn something new everyday. Oh yes my bad, I forgot his little fiasco with X-Man and Hulk. Didn't actually read it...but it's on my shopping list.

He has a high degree telepathy, but I was thinking of this as a fist fight.

I've never seen the scan where Thanos says he is "strength incarnate", that just furthers my opinion that Thanos can match Hulk's strenth. evil face Ugh..incarnate....what an 80's word.

olympian
"did superman prime ever creat a sun"

Hype Prime did nada on panel....he did slept on our sun tho. Thats how he got so tanned.

olympian
Btw does anyone have anything at all about what Prime actually did?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by olympian
Btw does anyone have anything at all about what Prime actually did?

He's nice, and shiny.

Linkalicious
Thanos would beat Juggs 10/10.

He's not dumb enough to resort to physical forece. Thanos would rely on his brains in order to actually find a way to kill Juggernaut.

And I didn't see anything from Onslaught that was impressive enough for me to think he could topple Thanos either.

The guy went toe to toe with Tyrant, took his best shots, gave some in return and then left when he decided the fight was over.

roughrider
Thanos is much smarter than Cain, and will have him running at him and missing all day. But his TP powers are low-level; not strong enough to hurt Juggs with his shielding. Juggs is invunerable forever, so seems like a wash.

soujaboy09
Thanos would do to Juggernaut what he did to Champion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.