Elders of the Universe vs Your Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg

Make a team that would beat Elders of the Universe (ya they have the gems)

You can choose 3 sky father level
And 10 Thanos level or below

Good luck

olympian
Zeus, Odin, Shazam.

Classic Juggernaut, Immortal Hercules, Gladiator, Sersi, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Graviton, Zoom and Reed Richards.

kgkg
Originally posted by olympian
Zeus, Odin, Shazam.

Classic Juggernaut, Immortal Hercules, Gladiator, Sersi, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Graviton, Zoom and Reed Richards.
Ego and Grandmaster will take Zues , Odin , Shazam

Runner, champ etc will take rest they have there gem

How are they going to beat elders?

long pig
Sky Father.
Dr.Manhattan
Post-Crisis Darkseid.
Thanos.

Below.
Mikkari, Strange, Krugar, , Zoom, Fate, , Mad Thor w/gem, , Gladiator, He-Man.

long pig
Mikkari has already shown to be faster than Runner in a race, so he can at least try and prevent a blitz.

Strange and Krugar are both Sorcerer Supreme's of Earth, and Fate is right behind them in power, so yeah. evil face Lots of banishing is gonna happen.

Meh, I still doubt my team could win. Those Elders are a ***** to beat.

demigawd
Yeah, it's a ***** now that you can't use your beloved Champion, huh? big grin

Here's my shot:

Darkseid, Odin, Ion

Strange, Surfer, The Doctor, Lacuna (freezes time), Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Mikkari, Flash, Sentry, Thanos.

Wanda + Magneto = HoM = dead Elders.
Everybody else is there for protection/backup.

Cosmic Cube
Collectively, the Elders have the makings of an Infinity Gauntlet. Are they allowed to combine the Gems?

long pig
Haha, I didn't think about that.
Yeah, we're screwed.

long pig
But some say Wanda+Magneto=I.G's power.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
Sky Father.
Dr.Manhattan
Post-Crisis Darkseid.
Thanos.

Below.
Mikkari, Strange, Krugar, , Zoom, Fate, , Mad Thor w/gem, , Gladiator, He-Man.
ohh this team is so dead

Ego will take ---
Dr.Manhattan
Post-Crisis Darkseid.
Thanos.

thor can't have gem foo champ has it

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Collectively, the Elders have the makings of an Infinity Gauntlet. Are they allowed to combine the Gems?
what do you think CC wink

kgkg
my ass

Cosmic Cube

I've heard demi say that, and he's a pretty reliable source. But when talking about Mags, he can get slightly... excited...

kgkg
Originally posted by demigawd
Yeah, it's a ***** now that you can't use your beloved Champion, huh? big grin

Here's my shot:

Darkseid, Odin, Ion

Strange, Surfer, The Doctor, Lacuna (freezes time), Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Mikkari, Flash, Sentry, Thanos.

Wanda + Magneto = HoM = dead Elders.
Everybody else is there for protection/backup.
This team also get's owned

Wanda + Magneto = HoM = dead Elders? wink

More like

Runner: hey look at those mutants.

nano second later
Mag/ wanda are in heaven

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg

More like

nano second later
Mag/ wanda are in heaven

lol

More like a picosecond...

demigawd

More like

nano second later
Mag/ wanda are in heaven

That's what my other speedsters are for, man! They're the meat shields while HoM conjures up that scary white light that makes them cease to exist.

newjak86
Alright I'll try my hand in this.
Zeus, Odin, King Thor

8th day Juggernaught, Thanos, Darksied, Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Flash, Reed Richards, Green Lantern(Hal), Green Lantern(Kyle), Silver Surfer

demigawd
I've heard demi say that, and he's a pretty reliable source. But when talking about Mags, he can get slightly... excited...

lol, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm always fair and balance, like Fox. big grin

It wasn't STATED anywhere that their power combined = IG. I'm just saying that the extent of the reality manipulation extended across the omniverse, which is a further reach than the IG, which just affected that present universe. Depending on how you define power, that leads me to believe that it exceeds the IG in scope. Either way, they're more than enough to handle the Elders.

long pig
That's worse than my team! big grin

newjak86
Are you talking to me because if you are I was just trying to throw out some people not mentioned.

Cosmic Cube
That's what my other speedsters are for, man! They're the meat shields while HoM conjures up that scary white light that makes them cease to exist.

None of the other speedsters even remotely compare to The Runner.

The Elders own ass.

kgkg
which speedsters?

Runner will be done before your speedsters can act

Or Ego just traps all there ass

K Von Doom
The elders only have 5 gems and Collector doesn't know how to use his.

long pig
The Collector just thinks it's a pretty gem, but the rest do know how to use theirs.
I don't see any way to beat them all if they work together.

kgkg
That's worse than my team! big grin
long pig your team gets own to

demi has the best team so far , but his team to is dead

newjak86
what about my team

kgkg
don't forget about EGo the living planet

long pig
Psh, so?

I own enough all by myself.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K Von Doom
The elders only have 5 gems and Collector doesn't know how to use his.

Which gem is missing? Reality?

kgkg
Originally posted by newjak86
what about my team
also dead

Ego is a bad mofo

newjak86
I see well I tried

Cosmic Cube
Collector has the Reality Gem... No one has the Time Gem?

kgkg
Collector has the Reality Gem... No one has the Time Gem? Gardener has the time gem

demigawd
None of the other speedsters even remotely compare to The Runner.

The Elders own ass.

No, no, no. The Runner does NOT go faster than the others think. When Mikkari beat him, he went light speed. The Runner is faster over long distances, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest that the Runner is SO much faster than Flash that he would act before Flash thinks. Because Flash, Surfer, Sentry and Mikkari are right next to HoM, they are going to be fast enough to intercept Runner. I acknolwedge Runner is faster than all of them, but not SO much faster that he'd get to HoM before they can defend HoM because they're capable of intercepting him. Once they intercept Runner, Sentry, Surfer, Flash and Mikkari combined are enough to take even him, and that buys Lacuna the second she needs to freeze time. My team banishes and/or picks off at leisure.

demigawd
Remember, In-betweener had one of the gems. Space gem, I believe.

long pig
Yeah, Thanos had to get him out of a prison to get it.
I think runner had the space gem.

Cosmic Cube
Gardener has the time gem

So which Gem is missing?

Champion has Power
Gardener has Time
Collector has Reality
Grandmaster has Mind
Runner has Space

It must be Soul.

Cosmic Cube
Remember, In-betweener had one of the gems. Space gem, I believe.

Runner has the Space Gem. Inbetweener must have the Soul Gem.

long pig
But, I think Inbetweener is an Elder. He had the Soul gem.

kgkg
No, no, no. The Runner does NOT go faster than the others think. When Mikkari beat him, he went light speed. The Runner is faster over long distances, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest that the Runner is SO much faster than Flash that he would act before Flash thinks. Because Flash, Surfer, Sentry and Mikkari are right next to HoM, they are going to be fast enough to intercept Runner. I acknolwedge Runner is faster than all of them, but not SO much faster that he'd get to HoM before they can defend HoM because they're capable of intercepting him. Once they intercept Runner, Sentry, Surfer, Flash and Mikkari combined are enough to take even him, and that buys Lacuna the second she needs to freeze time. My team banishes and/or picks off at leisure.
He has the space gem

Mikkari beat him what issue, was runner trying?

Runner has no limits he gets to places before he can think he wants to go there.

He is much faster than light

kgkg
But, I think Inbetweener is an Elder. He had the Soul gem.
He is not an elder

He is a cosmic entity

in-between Order and Chaos --------- mad powerful

long pig
Quote from Thanos Quest
"The six gems (soul, power, time, space, reality, and mind) were distributed among the Elders, an ancient race of nearly immortal beings with great powers all their own."

In-Betweener is an Elder.

Cosmic Cube
Runner is WAY faster than light, short or long distance. He would own Flash, in a race, or a fight. He runs way faster than Surfer flies on his board, and has reflexes that are second to none.

kgkg
Quote from Thanos Quest
"The six gems (soul, power, time, space, reality, and mind) were distributed among the Elders, an ancient race of nearly immortal beings with great powers all their own."

how is he an elder if choas and order made him?

Cosmic Cube
Quote from Thanos Quest

Never saw him listed as one...

Someone else hat to have had the Soul Gem. Maybe it was Possessor?

Cosmic Cube
how is he an elder if choas and order made him?

True. Elders were created when the universe was.

long pig
I'm only going by what Thanos reffered to him as. I checked a few seconds ago to see who had the soul gem, I-B had it in a cosmic prison.

What I quoted was the enter-logue or whatever, it may just be rushed writing.

kgkg
I'm only going by what Thanos reffered to him as. I checked a few seconds ago to see who had the soul gem, I-B had it in a cosmic prison.

What I quoted was the enter-logue or whatever, it may just be rushed writing.
I-B was in the nexus of reality

Thanos or elders are nothing compare to power of In-betweener.

he is a cosmic entity that is in between Order and Chaos ------- a essence to the universe / multiverse

long pig
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/thq1a.jpg
Thanos smacking the In-Betweener.

Is it possible that he is an Elder that was given power by LO&MC?

long pig
No, I know Thanos isn't in his league, Thanos knew I-B fell out of favor with LO&MC and lost his power for a time. That's when he attacked.

I was just wondering his Elder status, if he is one at all.

kgkg
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/thq1a.jpg
Thanos smacking the In-Betweener.

Is it possible that he is an Elder that was given power by LO&MC?
In-betweeners powers don't work in the nexus

stick out tongue

kgkg
ohhhhhhhh

long pig
foo, I just said that. mad

the art looks hella crappy though, seriously....too much pastel colors.

long pig
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/thq2a.jpg
Runner being turned into an old man with the time gem

kgkg
foo, I just said that. mad

the art looks hella crappy though, seriously....too much pastel colors. You just said what?

And no In-betweener is not an elder.

Thanos doesn’t even refer to him as elder

long pig
Then Thanos de-ages him, and he kicks the collecters ass.
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/thq2b.jpg

demigawd
He has the space gem

Mikkari beat him what issue, was runner trying?

Runner has no limits he gets to places before he can think he wants to go there.

He is much faster than light

It was in that scan Long Pig posted. As for whether or not Runner was trying...it's a race, right? He's obsessed with winning, right? I'd say he was trying. Does it mean that Mik could win a rematch? I doubt it, BUT it proves that they are at least peers. No way Runner speedblitzes him, Flash, Surfer and Sentry, then prevents HoM from ending them all, then prevents Lacuna, Doctor or Dr. Strange from freezing time. that's a VAST overestimation of Runner's abilities. And all it takes it one of those actions happening for the whole fight to shift to my favor.

kgkg
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/thq2a.jpg
Runner being turned into an old man with the time gem
thanos tricked him again.

Thanos has stopped speeders like SS, Quasar , Fallen One , Etc but Runner was too fast for him

That shows how bad the runner is

Runner has no limits

long pig
That I-B had no power when Thanos faught him.

long pig
The Runner with the gem has no limits whatsoever, but I don't know about normal Runner, he's still faster than Flash either way.

kgkg
It was in that scan Long Pig posted. As for whether or not Runner was trying...it's a race, right? He's obsessed with winning, right? I'd say he was trying. Does it mean that Mik could win a rematch? I doubt it, BUT it proves that they are at least peers. No way Runner speedblitzes him, Flash, Surfer and Sentry, then prevents HoM from ending them all, then prevents Lacuna, Doctor or Dr. Strange from freezing time. that's a VAST overestimation of Runner's abilities. And all it takes it one of those actions happening for the whole fight to shift to my favor.
peers? runner knows no one is as fast as him i whould really like to know the issue.

Why whould runner have to try look at these scans runner is not even trying

and he didn't have the gem

big grin

demigawd
Runner is WAY faster than light, short or long distance. He would own Flash, in a race, or a fight. He runs way faster than Surfer flies on his board, and has reflexes that are second to none.

Runner isn't waaaaay faster than Flash. Their feats are comparable, and there's really no solid evidence to show that Runner is faster than Flash. I personally believe that Runner is faster than Flash, but not by much. Not enough to enable Runner to take action before Flash thinks.

Look at it this way: There's one object, flying towards a destination at 500 mph from 20 miles away. There's another object, plodding along at 5MPH from one foot away. The second object will get there first. Even if we were to assume that Runner is 500 mph compared to Flash's 5 mph (not that case), Flash is right next to HoM. I can guarantee you...he or Mikkari will intercept Runner.

Meanwhile, my other blitzers will actually run and take the time gem from the very weak Gardener before he thinks. With that, combined with the other time manipulating parties and HoM, the fight is effectively over.

demigawd
Runner never knew how to use the gem. His speed was unchanged. Flash has gone so fast that he beat instant transmission - he went backwards in time. Runner hasn't done anything like that. Runner will not speedblitz Flash before he thinks.

kgkg
Runner isn't waaaaay faster than Flash. Their feats are comparable, and there's really no solid evidence to show that Runner is faster than Flash. I personally believe that Runner is faster than Flash, but not by much. Not enough to enable Runner to take action before Flash thinks.

Look at it this way: There's one object, flying towards a destination at 500 mph from 20 miles away. There's another object, plodding along at 5MPH from one foot away. The second object will get there first. Even if we were to assume that Runner is 500 mph compared to Flash's 5 mph (not that case), Flash is right next to HoM. I can guarantee you...he or Mikkari will intercept Runner.

Meanwhile, my other blitzers will actually run and take the time gem from the very weak Gardener before he thinks. With that, combined with the other time manipulating parties and HoM, the fight is effectively over.
Maybe the fact that Runner can be at anyplace in no time.

He bends space/time

Even without the gem he runs faster than mak

demigawd
peers? runner knows no one is as fast as him i whould really like to know the issue.

Why whould runner have to try look at these scans runner is not even trying

and he didn't have the gem

big grin

It's purely speculative to suggest that Runner wasn't trying when he lost to Mikkari. The Runner said nothing to that effect.

demigawd
Maybe the fact that Runner can be at anyplace in no time.

He bends space/time

Even without the gem he runs faster than mak

Flash can be at any place in less than no time. That's what beating Instant Transmission is about...he actually GAINS time the farther he goes...time goes backwards for him. they're comparable IMO. And certainly close enough that Runner won't speedblitz both Flash AND Mikkari.

long pig
He can bend space and time to make normally long distances turn into very very short distances, i.e a mile can be molded into a milimeter.

The race against mikkari looked as though Runner wasn't being serious or trying, mikkari suprised him at the very end of the race.

So it's doubtful mik is faster.

supremthor
ok mt tem

1. pre-crisis darkseid
2. superman one million
3. king thor

sav hulk,sun bathed superman, mad thor, majestic, supreme, sentry, 8th day juggernaut, dr.fate,dr strange, kingdom come flash

kgkg
Flash can be at any place in less than no time. That's what beating Instant Transmission is about...he actually GAINS time the farther he goes...time goes backwards for him. they're comparable IMO. And certainly close enough that Runner won't speedblitz both Flash AND Mikkari.
Flash goes back in time if he travels faster than light? no

Runner is not limited

Runner will beat flash with space gem

Ok let's play you game they see runner.

Runner k.o’s both with one hit

demigawd
He can bend space and time to make normally long distances turn into very very short distances, i.e a mile can be molded into a milimeter.

The race against mikkari looked as though Runner wasn't being serious or trying, mikkari suprised him at the very end of the race.

So it's doubtful mik is faster.

If that's how Runner's power works, then he's not as fast as the Flash. Flash uses speed force to arrive before he left. He was able to beat "instant transmission", essentially arriving in the past.

So Flash runs at, say, Gardener when the fight starts, actually arrives in front of Gardener BEFORE the fight starts, and when the fight starts, the time gem is safely in Thanos possession. Runner is now screwed like last time, since Thanos' durability is too high for Runner to take him out before Thanos activates the gem. Bye bye Runner. By then everybody else is active, and with no other speedster, the Elders can't get to HoM in time to stop instant destruction.

Flash goes back in time if he travels faster than light? no

Runner is not limited

Runner will beat flash with space gem

Ok let's play you game they see runner.

Runner k.o’s both with one hit

Flash DOES go back in time at his max. Speedforce grants that ability.

kgkg
If that's how Runner's power works, then he's not as fast as the Flash. Flash uses speed force to arrive before he left. He was able to beat "instant transmission", essentially arriving in the past.

So Flash runs at, say, Gardener when the fight starts, actually arrives in front of Gardener BEFORE the fight starts, and when the fight starts, the time gem is safely in Thanos possession. Runner is now screwed like last time, since Thanos' durability is too high for Runner to take him out before Thanos activates the gem. Bye bye Runner. By then everybody else is active, and with no other speedster, the Elders can't get to HoM in time to stop instant destruction.

Flash DOES go back in time at his max. Speedforce grants that ability.
Runner is beyond time travel SS does that to.

Runner is much stronger than you silly speederters even if they manage to see him , they will get K.O like SS

demigawd
If Runner's powers work by compressing time and space then he's not beyond time travel. He cuts the time it takes to do something by a WHOLE lot, but it stills takes time. If lightyears become feet, then it still takes the time to travel those feet. For Flash, lightyears are lightyears, but the time it takes goes backwards via speedforce. So it may take Runner 2 seconds to travel 10 lightyears, which is a lot faster than light, but it takes Flash -5 minutes to travel that same distance.

I don't mind Runner knocking Mikahari out eventually. Mikahari is just there to occupy Runner while Flash gets the time gem to Thanos. Then Thanos takes out Runner. I stacked my deck high with space/time manipulators and speedsters specifically to deal with any cheese speedblitz tricks Runner can pull. Runner isn't going to stop everybody from freezing time before they think the command. He stops one person, someone else does it. Checkmate.

supremthor
how would runner do against kingdom come flash then?

demigawd
Don't know KC Flash. I don't think Flash could beat Runner in a fight, but fighting Runner isn't his job. His job is to get the time gem away from Gardener and in the hands of Thanos. Mikkari's job is to run interference on Runner to buy the .1 second necessary for the rest of my team's thought processes to complete and allow them to take action.

long pig
The difference is, Flash needs time and space to enter the Speed Force, he can't go into it at 200mph, he has to at least go beyond light. Runner can go from a standstill to 100+ lightspeed. so in essence, he is faster.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by supremthor
how would runner do against kingdom come flash then?

He would beat him badly. Runner controls the very fabric of space. Speed means nothing to him.

If Runner's powers work by compressing time and space then he's not beyond time travel. He cuts the time it takes to do something by a WHOLE lot, but it stills takes time. If lightyears become feet, then it still takes the time to travel those feet. For Flash, lightyears are lightyears, but the time it takes goes backwards via speedforce. So it may take Runner 2 seconds to travel 10 lightyears, which is a lot faster than light, but it takes Flash -5 minutes to travel that same distance.

I don't mind Runner knocking Mikahari out eventually. Mikahari is just there to occupy Runner while Flash gets the time gem to Thanos. Then Thanos takes out Runner. I stacked my deck high with space/time manipulators and speedsters specifically to deal with any cheese speedblitz tricks Runner can pull. Runner isn't going to stop everybody from freezing time before they think the command. He stops one person, someone else does it. Checkmate.

Runner doesn't have to manipulate space to move FTL. It's simply one of his options. He's definitely faster than Flash.

Flash's time travel is not accurate enough to allow him to timetravel at pinpoint. Him timetraveling and reappearing in front of someone is highly unlikely.

demigawd
if he's ultimately running backwards in time, getting a running start isn't going to penalize him any.

Cosmic Cube
Runner can move from one point in space to another in 0 time, flat. Flash isn't even faster than the Silver Surfer, and he needs a considerable length of time to accelerate. He isn't going at lightspeed straight off of the blocks.

Cosmic Cube
if he's ultimately running backwards in time, getting a running start isn't going to penalize him any.

If his timetraveling ability were that accurate, which it isn't. How would he timetravel without attaining lightspeed first?

demigawd
He would beat him badly. Runner controls the very fabric of space. Speed means nothing to him.

Runner doesn't have to manipulate space to move FTL. It's simply one of his options. He's definitely faster than Flash.

Flash's time travel is not accurate enough to allow him to timetravel at pinpoint. Him timetraveling and reappearing in front of someone is highly unlikely.

Untrue...he can't pintpoint a when, but he can pinpoint a where. The when doesn't matter, as long as it's before the fight starts, and before Runner does any major damage.

Cosmic Cube
Untrue...he can't pintpoint a when, but he can pinpoint a where. The when doesn't matter, as long as it's before the fight starts, and before Runner does any major damage.
So, Flash transports himself to the Neolithic era. How will that help him in any way?

He would have to timetravel during the fight, which takes time. Time that he doesn't have.

demigawd
Runner can move from one point in space to another in 0 time, flat. Flash isn't even faster than the Silver Surfer, and he needs a considerable length of time to accelerate. He isn't going at lightspeed straight off of the blocks.

It's BS to assume that Runner can speedblitz and KO Surfer, Sentry, Flash and Mikkari before any of them can do anything, then turn around and prevent the Doctor, Strange, and Lacuna from activating their powers, then turn around and prevent HoM from activating theirs. Runner just isn't that good.

demigawd
So, Flash transports himself to the Neolithic era. How will that help him in any way?

He would have to timetravel during the fight, which takes time. Time that he doesn't have.

He has unlimited time - he's traveling through it. He can't pinpoint the exact second, but he knows how to get to the Gardener and take his space gem in no time.

K Von Doom
If this fight happens BEFORE Thanosquest, the Elders can be defeated. Runner and Champion only used the gems subconsciously, the Gardener only used it to freeze time, Collector had no idea, the Grandmaster will put up a fight.

If it happens AFTER Thanosquest, when everyone knows how to use the gems properly, the Elders will win. The Grandmaster will have his team prepared with Gardener instantly freezing time and the Runner going to town on their opponents. The others won't even be needed.

long pig
Flash still needs time to reach light speed so that he may enter the speedforce, runner doesn't.

Cosmic Cube
He has unlimited time - he's traveling through it. He can't pinpoint the exact second, but he knows how to get to the Gardener and take his space gem in no time.

He isn't traveling through time until he's accelerated beyond lightspeed, which takes quite some time. Runner could beat him to the ground before he moves.

supremthor

from kc" i hve overheard flash described as a man to fast to be contained by one plane of existence. Apperently entire trata of reality are open to him." this was wat norman was saying befor the flash pulled him out of the spetre relm. so i realy dont c how runner is more power ful then fc flash of faster.

K Von Doom
KC Flash is from an alternate possible reality

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by supremthor
from kc" i hve overheard flash described as a man to fast to be contained by one plane of existence. Apperently entire trata of reality are open to him." this was wat norman was saying befor the flash pulled him out of the spetre relm. so i realy dont c how runner is more power ful then fc flash of faster.

Then you don't know the Runner. He's as old as the universe itself, and has been running ever since. I barely understood what you posted, but interdimensional travel really isn't all that impressive. Runner weilds the Power Primordial, a fundmental force of the universe.

long pig
I don't really understand what you said suprem.

kgkg
He isn't traveling through time until he's accelerated beyond lightspeed, which takes quite some time. Runner could beat him to the ground before he moves.
And I heard Flash can't go beyond light speed without time traveling

Runner can go at any speed without time traveling

demigawd

I don't buy that for a second. If Runner were that much faster than the Flash, then what's the point of having a fighting debate? Runner will just speedblitz the universe. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I repeat, there isn't enough of a difference in their speed feats for me to believe that Runner will speedblitz flash before he moves. I just don't buy it. If Flash, Runner, Surfer and Sentry all speed towards Gardener, I don't believe for a second that Runner is going to take each and every one of them out before they get there. is that what you're trying to tell me?

Cosmic Cube
I don't buy that for a second. If Runner were that much faster than the Flash, then what's the point of having a fighting debate? Runner will just speedblitz the universe. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I repeat, there isn't enough of a difference in their speed feats for me to believe that Runner will speedblitz flash before he moves. I just don't buy it. If Flash, Runner, Surfer and Sentry all speed towards Gardener, I don't believe for a second that Runner is going to take each and every one of them out before they get there. is that what you're trying to tell me?

That's precisely what I'm telling you. Runner is fast enough to run circles around the Silver Surfer in flight. Elders are almost never written showing their full power. That's a well known fact. How many comics have you actually seen Runner appear in, anyway?

Speedblitz the universe? What the f**k?

kgkg

With space gem he can

Ok they see him but still he will knock the specters out.

and than ego comes and vaporizes everyone including magneto

demigawd
Then we're starting from diverent assumptions. I don't believe he can intercept and knock out all four of my speed blitzers before they reach the Time Gem. You do. If we start from your assumption, then the exercise is futile. There are no sub-Thanos people who Runner wouldn't be able to put down before they can react. If Runner can speedblitz the speedblitzers, then there's no point in doing this - nobody can react before the fight is over. And no three skyfathers can beat the combined Elders.

K Von Doom
If you have someone unstoppable speedblitzing as well, like Juggernaut on lightspeed then the Runner's ability will be negated embarrasment

Cosmic Cube
Combined, the Elders are a beast. That's basically the whole idea of this thread. It would take power on par with Galactus to put them all down.

Cosmic Cube
If you have someone unstoppable speedblitzing as well, like Juggernaut on lightspeed then the Runner's ability will be negated embarrasment

Juggernaut on lightspeed? Is lightspeed a new drug or something?

long pig
Galactus tried to put 'em down, he couldn't, they almost killed him while inside of him.

Pretty much, yeah.

kgkg
If you have someone unstoppable speedblitzing as well, like Juggernaut on lightspeed then the Runner's ability will be negated embarrasment even if jugs can move that fast runner whould still kick his ass.

kgkg
Then we're starting from diverent assumptions. I don't believe he can intercept and knock out all four of my speed blitzers before they reach the Time Gem. You do. If we start from your assumption, then the exercise is futile. There are no sub-Thanos people who Runner wouldn't be able to put down before they can react. If Runner can speedblitz the speedblitzers, then there's no point in doing this - nobody can react before the fight is over. And no three skyfathers can beat the combined Elders.
You are forgetting ego, runner is the guy who is there to stop speedsters, and knock a lot of them out.

And they also have the time gem, which can stop time

long pig
I think all Elders have around the same degree of invulnerability, so Jugs really ain't hurting nobody.

demigawd
Combined, the Elders are a beast. That's basically the whole idea of this thread. It would take power on par with Galactus to put them all down.

But that's cheesy. "Runner speedblitzes all the characters under skyfather level. Ego kills the rest". I will never, ever, ever believe that Runner can take out four of the fastest characters in comic books simultaneously before any of them reach one of the other Elders. Mikkari beat Runner! In a race! Even if he'd lose a rematch, that alone should guarantee enough respect from you to throw the theory that Runner could take out ALL FOUR speedsters at the same time out the window. That's overrating at its finest, lol.

kgkg
But that's cheesy. "Runner speedblitzes all the characters under skyfather level. Ego kills the rest". I will never, ever, ever believe that Runner can take out four of the fastest characters in comic books simultaneously before any of them reach one of the other Elders. Mikkari beat Runner! In a race! Even if he'd lose a rematch, that alone should guarantee enough respect from you to throw the theory that Runner could take out ALL FOUR speedsters at the same time out the window. That's overrating at its finest, lol.
Without the gem Runner was toying with mak , what makes you think with the gem mak , or flash has any chance.

and you do know how strong ego is rite

Cosmic Cube

Yeah, but cheese is the stuff that comics are made of. Magneto + Wanda = IG = Maximum cheese.

When did Mikkari beat Runner? Did he have the Gem? Was it like the story of the Tortise and the Hare?

kgkg
Yeah, but cheese is the stuff that comics are made of. Magneto + Wanda = IG = Maximum cheese.

When did Mikkari beat Runner? Did he have the Gem?
No and look at this runner doesn't even have gem

He hardly takes anyone seriously

demigawd
There's no evidence to suggest that Runner was toying with Mak when he lost. Mak unlocked potential he never knew he had. Mak can certainly get to Gardener. At the same time Mak runs towards Gardener to get the time gem, Flash grabs HoM and runs far away with them so Runner can reach them. Surfer and Sentry speedblitz Collector. Thanos takes Grandmaster (I think he can do it on his own), and any two skyfathers can take Ego and the third can take the rest, with Doctor and Dr backing them up. All the Elders are now occupied. At some point, ONE of my guys will pull a trigger - one of the Doctors will freeze time, HoM will activate their reality warping, I'll take the Time Gem. ONE of those will happen. I've got too many things going on to do otherwise.

And Gladiator was owning Ego by speedblitzing him. Sentry >>> Gladiator. Sentry can take Ego on his own.

demigawd

When did Mikkari beat Runner? Did he have the Gem? Was it like the story of the Tortise and the Hare?

Long pig posted the scans of Mikkari winning. Didn't look like Runner wasn't taking him seriously.

Cheese factor of Runner speedblitzing my entire team before they can do anything >>>>>> cheese factor of HoM switching up reality on them.

Either way, I still don't believe Runner can stop all four speedsters AND prevent my other reality warpers/time shifters from acting. One of them will pull their trigger, and that's when we take the gems.

Cosmic Cube
There's no evidence to suggest that Runner was toying with Mak when he lost. Mak unlocked potential he never knew he had. Mak can certainly get to Gardener. At the same time Mak runs towards Gardener to get the time gem, Flash grabs HoM and runs far away with them so Runner can reach them. Surfer and Sentry speedblitz Collector. Thanos takes Grandmaster (I think he can do it on his own), and any two skyfathers can take Ego and the third can take the rest, with Doctor and Dr backing them up. All the Elders are now occupied. At some point, ONE of my guys will pull a trigger - one of the Doctors will freeze time, HoM will activate their reality warping, I'll take the Time Gem. ONE of those will happen. I've got too many things going on to do otherwise.

And Gladiator was owning Ego by speedblitzing him. Sentry >>> Gladiator. Sentry can take Ego on his own.

Way to be improbable. Runner controls space. Taking Magneto and SW far away means nothing. He could make Flash look like he's in slow-mo anyway.

Grandmaster will slap Thanos. He's probably the most powerful Elder.Originally posted by demigawd
Long pig posted the scans of Mikkari winning. Didn't look like Runner wasn't taking him seriously.

Cheese factor of Runner speedblitzing my entire team before they can do anything >>>>>> cheese factor of HoM switching up reality on them.

Either way, I still don't believe Runner can stop all four speedsters AND prevent my other reality warpers/time shifters from acting. One of them will pull their trigger, and that's when we take the gems.

Speedblitzing, or reconstructing the Multiverse... Hmmm... roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
speed blitzing is one thing and winning is another.

Ego has made force field that can contain SS, Ego took a blast from Galactus that was said to be more powerful that many stars.

Ego can easily blow the planet like nothing, and kill anyone

As for Sentry (he is not allowed if he is at G's level) but we haven't seen much so if he is around thanos he isn't doing much

You need a nice plan to win

demigawd
Way to be improbable. Runner controls space. Taking Magneto and SW far away means nothing. He could make Flash look like he's in slow-mo anyway.

That's not the point...he can't catch what he can't find. He wouldn't be able to find them in the .2 seconds it takes for them to take everybody out. He'll be too busy with Mikkari and the rest of the speedsters.

Then Sentry takes Grandmaster. Thanos takes Collector, maybe with one of the doctors.

demigawd
speed blitzing is one thing and winning is another.

Ego has made force field that can contain SS, Ego took a blast from Galactus that was said to be more powerful that many stars.

Ego can easily blow the planet like nothing, and kill anyone

As for Sentry (he is not allowed if he is at G's level) but we haven't seen much so if he is around thanos he isn't doing much

You need a nice plan to win

Where was his forcefield when Gladiator was killing him and Ego couldn't do a thing about it?

Sentry is more powerful than Gladiator. I wouldn't put up at G level.

The exact plan is:

Mikkari goes for Gardener's time gem
Sentry goes for Champion's power gem

Flash takes Magneto and Wanda to safety
Surfer takes Lacuna in the opposite direction to safety

Four speedsters going in different directions are going to be too much for Runner.

All this takes place in the first picosecond.

Runner will stop one, or maybe two of them. Not all four. If he stops Flash, Magneto and Wanda, then Lacuna freezes time. If he stops Lacuna, Magneto and Wanda blink everybody out of existence. If he prevents the Time Gem from being taken, the .005 seconds necessary for human thought will have passed and Lacuna freezes time. If he prevents the Power Gem from being taken, the Time Gem gets taken, etc. etc. And in any of those events, the Doctor, Dr. Strange and Odin will be activating their own respective time-stopping spells. Strange can also counteract the activation of the gems, reverting Runner to normal superspeed. Runner will NOT be able to stop all of them.

So time is going to come to a halt one way or another (or reality will come to a halt if HoM gets away). If it does, during that time, my team can remove the gems and give them to Odin. Assuming LT's ruling stands for this, Odin can split it with the other skyfathers and then easily take out all the Elders.

Solidus Snake
doc manhattan, spectre, saint of killers

jesse custer, superman, darkseid, flash, professor X, doc strange, martian manhunter, the general (shaggy man), silver surfer, mister miracle (with mother box)

long pig
SOK is out of everyone's league, even the presence.

Spectre is nearly equal to TOAA while being backed by him.

I'm telling you, beating them is impossible if they work together.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
doc manhattan, spectre, saint of killers

jesse custer, superman, darkseid, flash, professor X, doc strange, martian manhunter, the general (shaggy man), silver surfer, mister miracle (with mother box)

doc manhattan takes flash 15 secs in teh future (where supes's being killed by champion) and takes the power gem

the past: doc manhattan takes the flash with the power gem and gives it to supes who wails on champion who realizes hes not as strong anymore.
to stop gardener with the time gem from anticipating the docs move, spectre, doctor strange (who removed himself from time) and jesse custer steal teh gem
the sint of killers shoots runner (he can never miss and all shots are fatal) if runner's pact with death still holds, darkseid steals his soul w/ the omega beams. this tactic is repeated with mr.M and his boom tube and the general.

with one elder left, jesse tells him to go "F*** himself" and he does....literally.

whirlysplat

Good luck

Phantom Stranger, Odin, Ganthet

Thanos, Gog, Highfather, Zuras(he was not a skyfather), Chronos(Eternal not Krona) , Dr Strange, Dr Fate, Morg with Waters of Life, Troyjan Emperor (he beat SS), Magus big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Whirly Wins big grin

Laminator_X
Hmm. I'll try not to be too redundant.
Big 3:Godlike Triathalon, Psycho 60's Doctor, The Stranger
+10: Cloak, Kang, Thanos, Adam Warlock, Nova(Frankie), Silver Surfer, Magus(King of the Technarchs), Thor with strength belt and Uru Armor, Iron-Man in Spacewar Armor, Monica Rambeau (she's what, Pulsar now?)

Woo Hah!
This team contains:
1 Multiple members who could survive or avoid a speedblitz from the Runner at least for a while (Cloak, Pulsar, GT, P6Dr., possably Kang and Magus)

2 Multiple Team members who can cause a supernova at the end to finish off or drive away Ego (The heralds, Magus, P6Dr.)

3 Multiple members who could neutralize the Obliterator's weaponry (SS, IM, Magus)

4 Multiple members who engage Champion long enough for Cloak to grab him (Thor, Thanos, IM, GT)

5 Multiple members who could defeat the Possessor's Runestaff/Soul Gem combo (Warlock, GT, P6d)

Whoever ends up not engaged as above fights it out with Collector, Grandmaster, Gardener, Astronomer and Trader (we've never seen the last two in action.). Note that the Stranger wasn't dedicated to any of the Elders' big guns. Marvel's mightiest mass-mind is the team saftey.

Remember that when the Elders had the Gems, they were mainly tapping them subconiously in sync with their various compulsions. They never used them to their full potential.

K3VIL
Odin
Zeus
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Molecule Man
Kingdom Come Flash<---Bye bye Runner.KC Flash can punch him with an IMP from about 100 dimensions knocking the hell outta him.
Gladiator
Morg
Superman
Thanos
Silver Surfer

K Von Doom
With prep, the Elders would probably give their gems to Grandmaster... even with just the Mind and Space gem he'd lobotomize the opposing team before anything happens.

K3VIL
With prep, the Elders would probably give their gems to Grandmaster... even with just the Mind and Space gem he'd lobotomize the opposing team before anything happens.
Kingdom Come Flash will stop him.

Laminator_X
Oh, and I forgot. Half of my team members have defeated one or more Elders in the past.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by K3VIL

Kingdom Come Flash can't even speed blitz earthborn villains. He, Green Lantern and Power Girl needed help containing the prisoners in the Gulag.

Nataku8188

Good luck

Thanos. He did it once, he'll do it again XD

kgkg
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Thanos. He did it once, he'll do it again XD

Ego will evaporate Thanos

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K3VIL

Kingdom Come Flash would get killed by Runner. Runner could crush him into a singularity using the space gem, if he wanted to. The Power Primordial is more then Flash can handle.

K3VIL
Kingdom Come Flash would get killed by Runner. Runner could crush him into a singularity using the space gem, if he wanted to. The Power Primordial is more then Flash can handle.
How can Runner crush someone who is gonna hit you at lightspeed from 100 different dimensions?

Kingdom Come Flash can't even speed blitz earthborn villains. He, Green Lantern and Power Girl needed help containing the prisoners in the Gulag.
It's called story necessity.Flash powers in Kingdom Come are sufficiently powerful to grant him to K.O. more than one Elder in this fight.

Solidus Snake
w saw flash downed in kingdom come. we dont know if it was by magic, telepathy, or someone who could disrupt the speed force. so dont be too hasty. there were tons of villians with vast powers there.

guy222
Eternity FTW

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7164/allnewofficialhandbookodh5.th.jpghttp://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4617/allnewofficialhandbookonv2.th.jpg

CaptainStoic
Ken Connell (Star Brand), Eclipso, Gog (Kingdom Come)
Thanos, Darkseid, Scarlet Witch (HOM), Zoom, Sentry, Dr. Doom
Lobo, Forge, Silver Surfer, Majestic.

Thanos is the team leader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.