What is your favourite Stephen King book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JimMorrison227
He is one of my favourite authors, and I was just wondering what are people favourite novels by him.

Mine is definitly The Stand, great story, great characters, and great atmosphere.

What is yours?

mechmoggy
The Dark Half, easily. Sometimes SK's plots can be a little thin to start, but the Dark Half is an excellent start for a horror story. I recommend it to anyone. thumb up

As usual with SK's stuff though, the film was poo.

whirlysplat
Talisman, Stand or Black House, the whole of the Dark Tower was goodbig grin

Daring putting himself in itbig grin

All things serve the beam!

MasterWizard
I would say Salem's Lot. It was my first King novel I read.

pinsleepe
Misery. Because it's the only one I liked. King has awesome ideas for the books, but I can't stand his style. It's boring for me.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by MasterWizard
I would say Salem's Lot. It was my first King novel I read.

A brilliant novelbig grin The first I read as well big grin

Lyra Rose
the dark tower books are the best

mechmoggy
I found Misery a errrr.....well.... miserable read.

Could have done without the boring bit where he's writing the story.

Wickerman
the Dark Tower series, most definitely. I'm sure most people already know why he finished the saga.
He was extremely impressed with two letters he received. One was from a criminal that was on death row, that asked if he would finish the saga before he dies. The second one was a very similar one from an old lady on her deathbed....seriously now...how often do you hear of something like that?

~wickerman~

hanny
I like all the books which I have read from Stephen King: It, The green Mile, The shinning, The girl who loved Tom Gordon, Different Seasons, Gerald's game, The long walk, Rage, Desperation, Night Shift, The Library Policeman, The sun dog.

Coldfire
I like the Dark Tower series too. But I've pretty much liked all his books that I've read so far. Just finished reading It stick out tongue What a crazy book lol

Imperial_Samura
If I had to pick a favorite probably The Stand. A good read, well worth the effort. Although there are a number of close seconds.

hellraiser34
Since there hasn't been a post on this in awhile, I thought I might start it again. I have just about all his books. It is really hard to pick just one. I really liked Dreamcatcher. I finished in two days and that is a feat for me since I don't have alot of time to read. I didn't care to much for From a Buick 8.

Great Vengeance
The shining easily.

div
i dunno if anyone here has read stephen kings short stories...cant remember the title but i really like "Autopsy Room 4" it would be great if stephen king could write a actual book on it instead of just a short story

robinman123
The Shining, most definitely. I've read all of his books, but the Shining is the best from a literary standpoint. Also the best movie of his was made from The Shining. Directed by another great, Stanley Kubrick.

Piggle Humsy
The Stand, The Green Mile and Needful Things yes

clapping

Lord Shadow Z
I don't really like Stephen King books that much but I enjoyed Desperation a lot.

midnightshadow
IT every time! could never get into the dark tower books though. i thought autopsy room 4 was really cool and funny (not sure if its ment to be but it was to me).
the stand is also right up there with the stand, the films not too bad either for an adaptation. yes big grin

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by midnightshadow
IT every time! could never get into the dark tower books though. i thought autopsy room 4 was really cool and funny (not sure if its ment to be but it was to me).
the stand is also right up there with the stand, the films not too bad either for an adaptation. yes big grin

I just put "IT" down after a while because the style it was written just didn't work with me. The Stand was good, that really looked good on-screen.

tenshi_kitsune
The Dark Tower Series. No doubt. I liked Cujo too

Deano
the stand

Pandemoniac
Have to say The Stand as well, with Needfull Things and IT close behind it. I also love the short story collections a lot, featuring tales like The Mist, Umney's Last Case and The Moving Finger. Great stuff!

Deano
did you read the uncut version of the stand?

Laviera_j
I like IT and Mr X which he co-wrote with Peter Straub

Azure
I liked Pet Semetary. but i never got to finish it, because i left it at one of my distant relitive's house, i hope i get to finish reading it some day. i wasn't allowed to see the movie, so i got a 20 year old copy of the book, and i was only half way through it when i lost it, i was where the guy's son got killed by the truck.

allofyousuckkk
i dont see carrie anywhere........carrie was good..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.