Darth Sidious aka Emperor Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Somebody
This question has been troubling me for quite some time. I have read several threads that regard Palpatine. It is quite clear that a vast majority of the people here hate him. They say Yoda and Mace owned them. They make it sound as if the fight was truly in the favor of the Jedi and Palpatine is easily beaten.

So...

1. If they owned Palpatine, why did he continue to live?

2. If they were better than Palpatine, why didn't they figure out his plot?

3. If they defeated Palpatine, why was the Empire still around?

4. If everyone is so damn better than Palpatine, why in the HELL did he takeover the galaxy when Revan sure as hell didn't do it and neither did Malak or Ragnos or blah blah blah?

DiamondBullets
1. Even the best lose from time to time (ie: sports, battles, boxing, etc.)

2. "The dark side clouds everything."- Yoda

3. Cuz there were still Imperial loyalists in existence

4. Everything worked out in his favor, and he was an excellent puppet master and manipulator

Tangible God
Mr. Bullets is so right. Also, Yoda was a pussy, he ran away from a fight with Sidious he could've won to go into exile. Frankly, the editing in the recent movie wasn't "quite" finished.

matreid
Originally posted by Tangible God
Mr. Bullets is so right. Also, Yoda was a pussy, he ran away from a fight with Sidious he could've won to go into exile. Frankly, the editing in the recent movie wasn't "quite" finished.

no

Yoda fled because if he returned, Palpatine would have already surrounded himself with all available troops and security. He had the element of surprise once, and only once. It says so in the novelization of ROTS.

DiamondBullets
Yoda wasn't pussy, he just calculated the odds, and new that retreat was the more intelligent option.

Darth Calladus
and he need to help train luke
i also think having 2 jedi masters traing luke was a good idea espically during the times they were facing. if somthin wuld happen to either one of them, and it somthing did happen, the other wuld step in and continue the training

Human Vader
except yoda didnt know padme was pregnant until after that fight

jeez, youre biased towards the movies and you dont even watch them

AmrothSkywalker
Windu would've killed him if Anakin hadn't been an idiot and everyone else already explained why yoda didn't get him. But there's no doubt in my mind that Palpatine is the strongest Sith Lord ever not just in force power but in his witts and instinct.

DarkDethbringer
yeah but definately Windu is better than Sidious and I don't think the guy that started this thread even saw th ethird movie...

Darth Somebody
I have, I can assure you. I can give you unbiased walkthroughs of all the Palpatine duels and get them with such precision that it will surprise you.

Ushgarak
Err, Yoda fled because he lost his lightsabre...

But anyway, this isn't really an EU thread and the issue has been covered plenty in the Episode III area. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.