"care of the old folks home"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lisahenderson15
Why in episode ii, when obi-wan is preparing to talk to mace and yoda from kamino does he tell R4, "care of the old folks home". I don't understand why yoda and mace's chambers would be considered an old folks home, I know yoda's old, but he wouldn't be in an old folks home. The caption says care of the old folks home, so I know that's what it says. Why would it say that?

Obi-OneManShow

DenKi
lisahenderson15

All i can say is..

HAHAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
AAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAGAGAGAGAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!11111111111ONEONEONEseventeen

yerssot
yes... ok... It wouldn't hurt to form a polite answer to this.

lisa, it's a joke... if you don't get the joke, it's probably cause it's "british" humor, the kind no one gets wink

lisahenderson15
I thought that it might be a joke, but he didn't like laugh or anything and what kind of idiot would tell jokes to droids? Oh well, I guess I don't have any humor, I'll work on that though.

yerssot
see, british humor wink

chilled monkey
No offence but it is not 'just a joke' actually. "Care of the old folks home" is a secret code for the Jedi Temple. It's to fool anyone who might be tapping his transmission.

lisahenderson15
yeah, that answer definately beats the "it's a joke" idea.

DeVi| D0do
nah, the joke is better

tman987
OK in the game Jedi Starfighter you play as Adi Galliea. When she send transmissions back to coursant she send them to "the old folks home" I believe they do this because the coummunications can be intercepted and they dont want them to know its jedi sending the transmissons. kinda like wat they do in the army.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.