Karl Rove

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
We all knew that Mr Rove was a slimy git. I mean, smearing McCain, Gore and Kerry with bordering-on-illegal to illegal tactics was one thing; hell, that's politics, some would say. But leaking the CIA operative's name for a personal vendetta? Shouldn't he be above this?

What do you think abour Mr Rove?

bardock
he done f'ed up big. he is prick though

ElectricBugaloo
I think he'll somehow survive this.

Like they said on The Daily Show, the CIA chief led us into Iraq on faulty intelligence (well that's the party line anyways) and he received the Medal of Freedom. Condeleeza Rice screws up, and she gets a promotion. So Karl Rove messed up so big, do I smell Chief Justice Rove?

<3 The Daily Show

PVS
yet another shining example of the corruption of our administration,
which shall continue to be conveniently ignored by the right and will
eventually fade away from the news due to americas tragic case of a.d.d.

a c.i.a. chief blatantly and purposely compromises national security, and he will never face any consequence.

Imperial_Samura
A big problem then. One wonders how things will improve if no one is willing to stop passing the buck and actually punish those who deserve it. Damn, if someone did something wrong then they deserve to face the consequences, a lesson has to be learnt.

PVS
no, all they have to do is blame the 'liberal media', which is precisely what they are doing.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
yet another shining example of the corruption of our administration,
which shall continue to be conveniently ignored by the right and will
eventually fade away from the news due to americas tragic case of a.d.d.

a c.i.a. chief blatantly and purposely compromises national security, and he will never face any consequence.

sure it ay a conspiracy?! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

PVS
Originally posted by Deano
sure it ay a conspiracy?! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

shut yer fart hole

Capt_Fantastic
I'm sure Jesus wanted him to do it. If everyone would just shut up and realize that, then we can all get on with war mongering and terrorizing the world. God, don't you people have ANY faith?

Echuu
Who was the CIA operative?

ElectricBugaloo
Rove wasn't the CIA head...

Echuu
I know that.

bilb
doesnt matter.. it is no coincidence that he leaked the name of a CIA operative whose husband just happened to be a major opponent of Buah's claims of WMDs.. and yet I doubtr he will EVER face any repercussions as this administration feels it is way above teh law..

Echuu
I doubt that the CIA operative will EVER receive any repercussions for lieing about Iraq trying to purchase uranium from Africa.

KidRock
I think he is going to some how mysteriously "drown in his bath tub".

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Echuu
I doubt that the CIA operative will EVER receive any repercussions for lieing about Iraq trying to purchase uranium from Africa.

Yeah , just as the U.N will never face any actions for their Oil For Food follies, as well as all those unpaid parking tickets they are diplomatically immune from wink

Imperial_Samura
Yes, so much for the ideal that nobody is above the law.

Dagons Blade
Indeed, Imperial Samura. As a side reference, look at poor POOR Martha Stewart. Confined to a multimillion dollar house with an ankle bracelet that hurts her little footsie..while at the same time, you or I would have had 5 yeards in the slammer with federal felony charges haunting us for the rest of our lives. Makes me sick.

ElectricBugaloo
you don't go to a maximum security federal prison what she did.

anyways, Bushs aid that he would fire whoever leaked the info. Do you think he will?

And Echuu, I was saying htat to PVS. I think I remember PVS saying something in another thread about Rove being CIA Head. Also, Rove obviously did it to try and discredit the writer, not the operative. After all, the operative gave the info they needed for the war they so obviously wanted.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
you don't go to a maximum security federal prison what she did.

No you don't, esp. when you have money and prestige and an audience that kisses your ass religiously because they love you to death.

That's the thing-we have a dual hyposcrisy when it comes to overprivileged people and the law. We marvel at how they can "get away" with things we normal people can't, as if they are doing it FOR us, and then we ***** when they go too light on their sentencing because we realize that if it were US, we'd sometimes never see the light of day. Can't have it both ways, people..

ElectricBugaloo
no, i mean that crime doesn't warrant that type of incarceration, no matter who you are.

then again, you generally ahve to have moenty to commit that crime.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
no, i mean that crime doesn't warrant that type of incarceration, no matter who you are.

then again, you generally ahve to have moenty to commit that crime.

Gotcha. Understood completely. And yeah, money is a big factor in crime, as it takes money to hide money esp. if it's llegally gained. Good point.

ElectricBugaloo
THough the WorldCom CEO just got 25 years. And he's a rich white MALE. Damn.

PVS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.