Shi'ar Imperial Guard Vs Jla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
THESE ARE THE TEAMS

SUPE'S
WONDERWOMAN
GREENLANTERN
HAWKMAN
MAN MARTIAN HUNTER
FLASH
BATMAN

VS

GLADIATOR
G-TYPE (FLAMETHROWER UP TO 6000F)
EARTHQUAKE
NIGHTSIDE (DARK FORCE POWERS)
TITAN (GROW IN SIZE AND POWER)
MANTA (FLASBOLTS BLIND ANYONE)
FANG (LIKE BEAST)

Solidus Snake
JLA

the ShiAr fall quickly to flash's blitzes and manhunters mental attacks. this softens them up for batman's and hawkmans volleys.

supes takes on gladiator. and for the sake of arguement that the gladiator fanboys feel that he cant be beaten, flash lends his speed to supes, wonderwoman and MM.

GL gives assistance wherever he can. acting as a shield or long distance chucker (he picks up ppl and chucks them into orbit)

Cosmic Cube
What about Gladiator's speed? He could knock Flash out cold in one punch.

Solidus Snake
if they are on a planet, or on any physical body, ya cant go faster than light if you are a physical body with mass. so he and flash at most would be the same speed. at light speed, he couldnt tag flash. and id say on a real world setting, not in empty space, due to obstacles and stuff, flash is the better speedster.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
if they are on a planet, or on any physical body, ya cant go faster than light if you are a physical body with mass. so he and flash at most would be the same speed. at light speed, he couldnt tag flash. and id say on a real world setting, not in empty space, due to obstacles and stuff, flash is the better speedster.

That's not true. The only thing that supposedly limits their speed is the atmosphere. Being on a planet doesn't make a difference. Flash isn't going to be taking anyone out before he gets taken out himself.

Solidus Snake
exactly, and since any planet theyd be fighting on needed an atmosphere, my point holds true.

if they wee fighting in space, u couldnt use bats, or hawkman, so they would be wasted characters.

so on a planet, glads couldnt tag flash.

Cosmic Cube
That rule doesn't necessarily apply for everyone. Gladiator could easily put Wally down before any of his teammates get touched.

Solidus Snake
not on a planet (with atmosphere) he couldnt. he and wally at best would be the same speed. since gladiator is accustomed to vast expanses of space and not the closed quarters of a planet, flash will have teh advantage.

in fact, whilst running, flash could drain his speed from him. all the while the JLA would be abusing the imperial guard. when glads is too slow to pose a threat/when flash strobes him enough to disorient him (cause flash is more adept at using speed powers whilst gladiator is just a brute (flash has more speed skill)), the JLA will take him out.

Solidus Snake
PS the rule applies to anyone. the laws of physics will not allow anything in the known universe to travere through the atmosphere once it carries a phyical mass. because everytime your foot hit the ground u'd be setting off nuclear explosions from crushing atoms.

imagine it...1 180 lb man running at light spped or over. the only reason flash doesnt do this is because of his control of teh speed force.

Cosmic Cube
Mass is constant. It doesn't increase, not even when approaching lightspeed. Inertial mass (resistance to acceleration) increases when approaching lightspeed, forcing an object to slow down. That has nothing to do with weight, or gravity. There is no law in physics stating that nothing with mass can travel through an atmosphere at 186,000 miles per second. In the real world, nothing except for electromagnetic radiation can travel at C, in space, or in an atmosphere.

Mind you, this is a comic book.

kgkg
exactly, and since any planet theyd be fighting on needed an atmosphere, my point holds true.

if they wee fighting in space, u couldnt use bats, or hawkman, so they would be wasted characters.

so on a planet, glads couldnt tag flash.
not true Gladiator can react faster than light in planets

DC flash --- you are rite about him

Solidus Snake
when i say physical mass...i mean anything that carries a phyical body unlike for example a ray of light

E = MC^2

energy = mass * light squared (since a ray of light has negligable weight, when light his our skin it does relatively no damage (it does damage though eg suntans/sunburns)) now imagine something with billions of times more weight hitting down.

unless of course at those speeds ya become energy and lose all weight/mass whatsoever.

regardless, we are making this boring. for the sake of arguement i will assume that glads and flash are of equal yoke in terms of speed on earth/shi'ar and because flash is more adept with superspeed than gladiator who is accustomed being a brawler, flash will defeat him in a contest of speed.
also as i said flash can drain glads speed untill he could no longer hit mach speed. then flash could give that speed to supes, wondey, MM etc and humiliate gladiator

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Mass is constant. It doesn't increase, not even when approaching lightspeed. Inertial mass (resistance to acceleration) increases when approaching lightspeed, forcing an object to slow down. That has nothing to do with weight, or gravity. There is no law in physics stating that nothing with mass can travel through an atmosphere at 186,000 miles per second. In the real world, nothing except for electromagnetic radiation can travel at C, in space, or in an atmosphere.

Mind you, this is a comic book.

reaction and constant movement are different

Cosmic Cube
when i say physical mass...i mean anything that carries a phyical body unlike for example a ray of light

E = MC^2

energy = mass * light squared (since a ray of light has negligable weight, when light his our skin it does relatively no damage (it does damage though eg suntans/sunburns)) now imagine something with billions of times more weight hitting down.

unless of course at those speeds ya become energy and lose all weight/mass whatsoever.

regardless, we are making this boring. for the sake of arguement i will assume that glads and flash are of equal yoke in terms of speed on earth/shi'ar and because flash is more adept with superspeed than gladiator who is accustomed being a brawler, flash will defeat him in a contest of speed.
also as i said flash can drain glads speed untill he could no longer hit mach speed. then flash could give that speed to supes, wondey, MM etc and humiliate gladiator

The theory of relativity doesn't have anything to do with this. We aren't converting energy into mass, or the obverse.

I don't understand the point of what you just said. Light doesn't have mass. So what? That has nothing to do with actually increasing mass while traveling at lightspeed, or the Earth's atmosphere. You're kinda bouncing around.

Who said anything about a test of speed? In the very least, if we apply your laws. Gladiator's just as fast, and he would clobber Wally before he touches any of his teammates. In actuality, Gladiator is faster.

Solidus Snake
sigh.....u dont understand.
sorry...was at lunch

light particles do have a mass...its very light. almost negligible. as long as it has in atoms, it has mass.
in fact light slows down upon hitting our atmosphere due to the otehr forces acting on it.

the relativity equation shows energy as an output of mass and speed. if light had no mass the eqn would be E = 0*C^2 which as we all know would equal 0. so light MUST have mass or else the equation breaks down and we wold have speed of light squared = energy and that is false.
so at lightspeed a body with higher mass would give off greater energy than a light ray.

however achieving above light speed on a planet seems impossible to me. light speed actually is ridiculous enough. but say due to the speed force flash is able to regulate his energy so taht whenever his foot hits the ground he doesnt destroy the planet, he would be able to attain light speed cause the excess energy is absorbed back into the speed force. now, gladiator who is not attatched to teh speed force would not be able to reach flight speeds on earth. why? gravity, friction (all of which the speed force negates) etc. glads can prolly go very fast, but never light speed.
regardless, the speed force will allow flash to school him in speed, and if flash hits hit at those speeds he'll end up in orbit. re: JLA #3

in th JLA wizard special where they were trying to figure out if bats could beat the whole JLA, they said that the only thing thats keeping wally grounded is his conscious ability to control his body. they said if bats gave him a powerful muscular relxant that his body couldnt metabolize fast enough he would lose contact with the earth and end up in space.
so the speed force is the only thing that keeps wally on the ground.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.