What Sort of Role Do You Think The Dementors Will Play in HBP?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BigTimeCubsFan
Do you think that the Dementors will be that much of an advantage for Voldemort's side?

NightCrawler341
Nope. DA knows how to do the Patronus. Wont do much in my view.

Director_Joe
I think their roll will be rather big. Yeah, the DA is armed with the forknowledge of the Patronus charm. Unfortunately, that is not the case for many other witches and wizards.

BigTimeCubsFan
How could you possibly know if older witches and wizards can do the patronus charm? I think that if anything most witches and wizards could do it. It is a very useful charm

NightCrawler341
I agree. It is a very useful charm. Most witches and wizards would know how to at least make the silvery mist come out.

Director_Joe
Well it's stated many times that it is difficult to conjure a patronus, I merely assumed that not every one in the wizarding world can cast the spell.... I'm sure some wizards can but obviously not all...

NightCrawler341
Older ones can. If children can, i'm sure adults can too.

Hermione202
We've never seen any 'child' conjure a patronus ,in the presence of a dementor , with the exception of Harry.Remember its much harder with dementors around and Prof. lupin said its very hard for even older wizards and witches to conjure it.he also said most wizards and witches can't conjure a patronus

DarkCanadian
And only a couple were doing it successfully in the DA. Cho, Hermione, Harry.

NightCrawler341
I'm sure there is more than those three.

Lana
The DA, ultimately, is a bunch of students, though.

And remember how impressed everyone at Harry's hearing in OotP was about how he was able to create a Patronus.

Plus Lupin's statement on how it's difficult for even a full-fledged witch or wizard to cast one.

I think they'd be a great asset to Voldemort....

TheSun
Harry was the exception, plus if 100 Dementors can be spared to attack Harry at Hogwarts, how many do you think there will be roaming around with Voldemort? Plus, Harry conjured the Patronus to fight those 100 Dementors when they weren't attacking him. When they did attack him he fainted and almost lost his soul.

NightCrawler341
Yea, but he didn't know how to conjure a full patronus yet either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.