is there going to be a dark tower movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

b-dan
if this has already been done plz tell me. Me and my freind like the dark tower books by my fave author and we were wondering if theres going to be a movie does any on eknow if there is going one?.

eggmayo
If there was, it would be awful, like most movie conversions related to Stephen King.

Lord_Andres
The Stand and Storm Of The Century where creat, but best of them all was The Shining

tpaquin
Mostly because it was 90% different from the book.

zombieman
A movie franchise based on the Dark Tower books has the potential to be mindblowing, but that all depends on which director gets his hands on it. My personal choice would be someone like Peter Jackson since his roots are in horror and he has experience in directing fantasy epics.

On the other hand, it could be as bad as 90% of the other Stephen King adaptations, of which Dreamcatcher has to be the worse. That said, 'The Dead Zone' made a decent movie.

Pandemoniac
The Dark Tower series is to long for hollywood to give it a shot. It can't be wrapped in just 1 or 2 movies, leaving the need for sequels.
They must have enough fate in the creation of the first movie, because they'll know they'll have to make like 3 more. The assurance of enough profit on a first Dark Tower movie (and making it a series) is to shady for them to ever give it a shot.

Lord_Andres
Mmm that might be the case, seeing how bad most of his novel adaption have been doing at box office, I doubt that they'l be willing to give it a shot, but i'd still like to see the dark tower, I keep seeing all those HUGE books at the local book store, think I might go ahead and buy them one day

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by zombieman
A movie franchise based on the Dark Tower books has the potential to be mindblowing, but that all depends on which director gets his hands on it. My personal choice would be someone like Peter Jackson since his roots are in horror and he has experience in directing fantasy epics.

Jacksons roots are in bad horror, theres a difference there. the dark tower has to much content and sub plots for even a trilogy of films. I am more than positive that it will be adapted into a television series. And that would destroy any chance it would have at abeing good. The only television series from stephen king that was good, is storm of the century, and that is because wrote the story as a screenplay for t.v.

b-dan
well i just got some new info and im pissed theres gonna be a animated one and the guy who animated clone wars and samuria jack is doing it tv only mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.