Darth Bandon vs AOTC Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Human Vader
Now a lot of people may think that Obi Wan takes this by a landslide. I however, think this is a decent match up. I mean what did Obi Wan do in AOTC? Nothing too impressive. I don't think Kenobi even became an impressive jeedai until ROTS. Bandon killed numerous jeedai in his time, jeedai that were probably on par with Kenobi. Kenobi may still win, but after a good fight.

Darth_Janus
Ancient Sith lord's apprentice, head and shoulders above his peers, never lost a duel until Revan, killed Jedi in dozens.

Versus someone a minor Sith lord such as Dooku could defeat.

I rest my case.

Darth_Glentract
Bandon kicks his face in.

Human Vader
Really you think? Hmm I would have thought people would lean towards Kenobi and underestimate Bandon, thats why I made this thread. Damn it

Darth_Glentract
Not me. Bandon actually is pretty powerful. He killed a lot of Jedi and rose to the top over all of the other Sith in the KOTOR-era.

Darth_Janus
Don't worry, HV... there's plenty of movie biased people who will piss and moan and say we have no bases for claiming Bandon is better despite his accomplishments being noted on an official Lucasarts site, blah blah.

Fishy
I agree with Janus and Glentract as usual.

Darth_Janus
Good, komerade. You live.

darth vraya
bandon

Darth Kronos
HV no offense but jus cuz he dinn't do nuffin in AOTC doesn't mean that he could do sumthin, remember he was training with anakin for 10 years...10 years of training after he beat Maul..he had to be pretty damn good don't u think?... newayz i think that OB1 would pwn the sh*it outta Bondon by simply out smarting him

Darth_Janus
Outsmarting? It's a possibility. But if he was thrown into a small chamber with no obstacles, Bandon would carve him up and quick.

darth vraya
I agree with Janus cool

Darth_Janus
Gooood. You are learning quickly, apprentice.

Fishy
Outsmarting him? I don't think Bandon is stupid enough to be outsmarted even by Kenobi with all his Ninja powers.

Darth_Janus
He took on Darth Revan with only two guys for backup. He is one dumb SOB.

Fishy
He thought he could take him, so did Malak. Yeah it was foolish, but thats more foolish on a bigger scale not in battle.

darth vraya
but we're not talking about revan we're talking about Obi-Wan and I think that darth Bandon would carve his name in to Obi-Wans head

( yes I know, my mind is extremely disturbing)

Darth_Janus
No, I've imagined wrose.

darth vraya
But still darth bandon would win

Darth Kronos
Hmmmm a small room with no obstacles...sorry but i styll say OB1..b cuz he speciallizes in form VII wich is like crazy ill vs sabers plus...bandon doesn't really have as much power in the force as OB! does...

darth vraya
what are you talking about bandon knows plenty of the force he's the first guy i'd seen who had deathfield

Darth Kronos
its a game...omg lets plz be civilized this time...(well u were pretty civilized last time so i try this time)...its a video game and even the aprentices did that move..plus the sith acolytes..think bout it

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Kronos
Hmmmm a small room with no obstacles...sorry but i styll say OB1..b cuz he speciallizes in form VII wich is like crazy ill vs sabers plus...bandon doesn't really have as much power in the force as OB! does...

Do your homework. Obi-Wan uses Form III, which is Soresu. It's pure defense, not offense.

Darth Kronos
oh sh*it my babd i was thinking bout another Jedi embarrasment

darth vraya
wait a second where do you find out this stuff

( I need to study up)

Human Vader
Stop Kronos!!!!!! Just Stop!!!!

You're ripping the English language limb from limb, I can't see anymore because my eyes are burning so badly from the atrocity that is your writing.

darth vraya
ummmm... anyone? where do you figure out who has what form

Darth Kronos
alright HV I'll stop if thats what u would like laughing

darth vraya
AHhhh!!!!! I'm being ignored someone tell me where you can figure out who has what form PLLLLLLLEEEEEASSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishy
en.wikipedia.org

darth vraya
Thankyou I'll be back

Human Vader
alright HV I'll stop if thats what u would like laughing

It's alright Kronos i was jk, bt you have to admit, your grammar and spelling is pretty bad.

Darth Kronos
english is my sencond language..but you have to admit my english is pretty good

Fishy
When you are typing like a normal person sure, but when you are typing like you did before. Well it makes everybody here want to ignore you. Besides English is my second language too and you don't see me writing like an idiot. Proper spelling is appreciated.

darth vraya
Hey everybody I'm back and I thought I saw that bandon knows form 2 meaning he could easily beat the form 3 using Obi-Wan

Darth Kronos
vraya, where'd you find that info

Darth Kronos
Fishy u make agood point but still ur probably waaaay older than me

Fishy
Possibly, i'm 17 I have no idea how old you are, but really we shouldn't care about that. As long as you make good points and use reasonable grammar its okay.

Darth Kronos
alright

Darth_Janus
How the hell is everyone getting assigned forms now? Don't tell me Wikipedia has gone nuts. I mean, I can submit info to Wikipedia, guys. Come on.

darth vraya
vraya, where'd you find that info

Wikipedia like fishy said confused

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Fishy
Outsmarting him? I don't think Bandon is stupid enough to be outsmarted even by Kenobi with all his Ninja powers.

Bandon has a very inflated view of his power and lets his arrogance cloud his judgement. I would say much more than Maul even. I think Obi could outsmart him but it would be hard no doubt.

Human Vader
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
How the hell is everyone getting assigned forms now? Don't tell me Wikipedia has gone nuts. I mean, I can submit info to Wikipedia, guys. Come on.

Yeah, we know obi wan switched from IV to III after he saw Qui Gon get beat with it. But Bandon's form was never stated, and there are no FMV sequences to at least hint at his form.

darth vraya
perhaps but lightsaber wise bandon would win

Darth Kronos
i still think obi wan can outsmart bandon like bugs bunny outsmarts elmer fudd

darth vraya
probably yeah because well as you know bandon isn't the brightest bulp on the christmas tree

Darth_Janus
Elmer Fudd's family tree doesn't fork, okay? Of course a rabbit can outwit him. But we're talking about Sith apprentice and a Jedi knight. Bandon may not be a resident genius, but he IS still alive.

darth vraya
and once again i'll say lightsaber-wise bandon would win

Darth Kronos
if you think about it, I guess I have to say I agree with you on this one Janus

Emperor Revan
he also has very little training, coming out to less than a year under Malak. and we don't know how many Jedi he's killed other than whatever many means. Jango Fett's killed many Jedi too. His powerful, but I think his somewhat lack of experience could definitely allow Obi to win. I think it could go either way really.

Darth_Janus
I'll second that, although I believe ROTS Obi-Wan could put up a much better fight. AOTC Obi needs to really think on his feet or die fast.

darth vraya
he has very little training but he still has natural talent and that could change the course of the battle too

DarthGenises
Bandon would win he is stronger than pre-mind wipe Revan

Darth_Janus
Since when?

Human Vader
well thats not true^^^^

and ROTS Obi would be a total overkill on Bandon

darth vraya
Originally posted by DarthGenises
Bandon would win he is stronger than pre-mind wipe Revan

but he isn't nearly as intelligent

Darth_Janus
Overkill is a bit much. ROTS Obi-Wan would be a good fight, but a Sith apprentice over hundreds of other potential candidates has to have something on his side. we still don't know the specifics of his fight with Revan... Who knows of his real power?

DarthGenises
Well Malak knew how powerful Revan once was. So he thought that Bandon should be able kill him

Darth_Janus
Think about this: Bandon is better in the time of KOTOR I than all the other dark jedi and sith in game except for Malak. That includes all the sith assassins, the sith trio at the end of the Star Forge, the Sith governor on Taris, everyone at the Sith academy (Which included a younger Sion) and whatnot. That's impressive.

Human Vader
It's never stated he thought he could kill him, Malak sent either Bastilla or those three dark jeedai to fight Revan on the Star Forge, knowing full well they would be killed by the Dark Lord, it could have been the same here.

and Janus Bandon was stated to be weaker than Bastilla, who would get owned against ROTS Obi Wan

Darth_Janus
Whoa now... where the hell does it say Bastila is better than Bandon? If that was true, she is more capable than anyone has been giving her credit for on this forum.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I'll second that, although I believe ROTS Obi-Wan could put up a much better fight. AOTC Obi needs to really think on his feet or die fast.

Agreed. As for Obi-Wan, he was pretty on par with Anakin in ROTS, I don't think Bandon would have much of a chance against him. Some, but not much.

Human Vader
I'm pretty sure Malak states in the same sort of way that Sidious does about Vader, that he now has a much more capable apprentice.

Emperor Revan
Plus Wikipedia for what that matters.

Next you sort of have game mechanics if that counts. Revan is usually about 5 levels higher by the time he fights Bastila who doesn't do too bad considering she can freeze Juhani and Jolee in their tracks. Bastila was already considered powerful enough to lead the strike team against Revan. After meeting him and bonding with him, fighting everyone he fights, her power would naturally get much stronger. I think Bastila is seriously underestimated.

Darth_Janus
Hmmm... Alright. So Bastila is stronger than I had been giving her credit for. SHe's a budding sith lord, no less.

Emperor Revan
Yep, she takes up the #2 spot of all the Sith apprentices and Dark Jedi left. Which isn't nearly as many thanks to Revan.

Darth_Janus
Which makes Bastila even better.

#1 Reason I like KOTOR I: Bastila.

Emperor Revan
I don't know about #1, but it's an insanely good reason. big grin roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fishy
Hmm a few things.

Bastila did not lead the strike team to capture Revan, she was there because of her battle meditation masters have said so themselves.

Malak states that Bastila is far more useful and he is right, she has battle meditation and she can slow Revan down more then anybody else can. Wikipedia on opinions means absolutely nothing to me.

By the time she became the apprentice there were still many powerful around including masters something that speaks for her. But I think Malak knew damn well what was going to happen and didn't allow any sort of fighting against Bastila. Of course that is just speculation. But I don't think Bastila is more powerful then Bandon. After Bandon was killed she only had a week or two three of extra training, thats not a lot of contact with the DS.

Of course she would have learned some from Revan, but I don't think it would have been enough.

Emperor Revan
Bastila DID lead the strike team against Revan, they say it directly in the game.

I believe he says she is more powerful but I'm not sure.

Why not? Bastila put up an ok fight against a level 20 Revan by herself, yet Bandon barely put up an ok fight with two others against a level 15 Revan or something. Next, Bastila froze Juhani and Jolee pretty easily on the Star Forge, something I don't think Bandon could've done.

Next, Bastila didn't have much training, but she had been fighting constantly since Dantooine. It made Revan and the Exile much stronger much faster, and it also did it to their companions so she would've been much more powerful especially given her connection with Revan.

Fishy
Play the game again, the only one's that say she lead the strike team are people that couldn't know. Not the Jedi Masters.

On the rest you have a point, but still... She had to little training in the DS to trully be powerful with the Dark Side.

Emperor Revan
But this is what the official KOTOR 2 site says in the number 10 chronicles.

In disarray, the Jedi Council quickly gathers a small band of Jedi warriors together under the command of Jedi BASTILA SHAN with an imperative and almost suicidal mission; to capture Darth Revan

Now I think you might be right however, in the game I do recall hearing that she was with the strike team, not necessarily leading it. Oh well.

As for your second line, good point but Anakin in ROTS had no training in it either really yet he was pretty powerful. Obviously she could've been stronger but her power was already pretty strong.

Fishy
Well yeah I have no doubt she could have done a few very basic things but not controlled the Dark Side like a Master she was far from powerful enough for that, afterall you always like to say Bandon did not have enough training with the Dark Side and he had 2.5 years.

Anyways about the strike team what I gathered there comes from the game itself, I don't understand why the Site says something else but I on this thing trust the Jedi masters in game more even though it comes from the same people.

Still I don't think Bastila is as powerful as Bandon just yet, give her some more time and she will be like she is in the holocron in Kotor 2. She could probably defeat Bandon there, but not yet during Kotor. I just don't think she has a chance in hell of doing that.

Also when looking at things realisticly, when you face Bandon you haven't fought as much as when you fight Bastila in game it hardly matters but realisticly speaking the fight against Bastila would be harder, even if it is only by a small margin.

But who cares about that, we are supposed to talk about that in another topic not this one stick out tongue

Emperor Revan
Ok, let me just say one more thing. Bastila didn't have much training and it would really hurt her but she already had a bunch of dark side powers so she probably had more than we think. Even still she was the second strongest Sith at the time, equal to Bandon's rank.

I really don't think the Dark side would help her much at all, but I don't think she needs it much, due to her training from the Jedi, fighting constantly with Revan, etc. I think Bastila could've beaten Bandon by the time she was captured on the Leviathan.

But yeah, we have strayed off topic so let's get back to it.

Fishy
Bandon wins..

Seeing as we already discussed and I like this discussion more just ignore my last thing I said about staying on topic....

Bastila was powerful far more powerful then most people give her credit for, but the thing is Bandon is even more underrated IMO the most underrated SW character out there. But thats a thing with most people from Kotor. Everybody underestimates them all except for Revan. Bandon had a quite impressive rank just because he lost from Revan does not mean he is weak. And Bandon is actually second in command becuase of his power and potential. Bastila is second in command because of her battle meditation.

Emperor Revan
Bandon wins..

Seeing as we already discussed and I like this discussion more just ignore my last thing I said about staying on topic....

Bastila was powerful far more powerful then most people give her credit for, but the thing is Bandon is even more underrated IMO the most underrated SW character out there. But thats a thing with most people from Kotor. Everybody underestimates them all except for Revan. Bandon had a quite impressive rank just because he lost from Revan does not mean he is weak. And Bandon is actually second in command becuase of his power and potential. Bastila is second in command because of her battle meditation.

You're probably right, I probably do underestimate Bandon but even still, I don't think he could beat Darth Maul for instance or even come close. Bandon has killed many Jedi but so has Atton, HK-47, Jango, and Grievous so it's not necessarily an awesome feat. Next, Bandon has far too little training at least when compared to Maul who was taught by Sidious (I think he's a better teacher at least then Malak) from birth. And last but not least, Bandon has an overinflated view of his power making him act like Anakin in ROTS.

Bastila on the other hand, has basically a week or two at most of dark side training. I don't think that would help her at all. However she does have much more training from the Jedi (ok that wouldn't help much either) and at the start of KOTOR she would be defeated. But remember that she has killed Dark Jedi before and wasn't at all weak even at the start, but like I said, Revan's power grew from a powerful soldier to the strongest being in the galaxy from the start fo finish. Bastila (sharing a bond with Revan) fought along side him just as much as he did up until the Leviathan. By that time Bastila could hold her own even against Darth Malak and Revan could probably have beaten him. (since he wasn't on the Star Forge which fueled his power, and yes I know Revan got paralyzed, but Malak was a pussy and would've easily been slaughtered if you had the chance, not to mention I was a Sentinel and had immunity to paralysis which ticked me off that he still did it. Rant over.)

Bastila is not necessarily second in command just because of her battle meditation, but she is also very powerful. Sure Malak would use her battle meditation but he never says that is the only reason he wants her. And she is FAR stronger than any other Sith with the possible exception of Bandon (I think Bastila's tougher because you have two people with you while she doesn't, you can only get her down to half life, and you're at level 20 whereas you're only about level 15 against Bandon and it's 3 on 3 and you fight him to the death not just to half power.)

Fishy
Okay but a few things. Bastila has the star forge fueling her with power, Malak says so himself.

Atton, HK and Jango all fought Jedi in different ways then Bandon did. Bandon faced them with a lightsaber those other bastards faced them with other weaposn. GG is the exception to the rule but somebody with a powerful connection to the force would overwelm him.

And yeah she did learn a lot when fighting with Revan a shit load of things, but that hardly makes her all powerful. It makes her a lot better but still.

Also you can say that the training is limited, but neither Dooku nor Malak nor Revan nor Sidious nor Exar Kun or Ulic Qel Droma were trained in the Sith ways from birth. They still all become a force to be careful with. I honestly do not think somebody like Bandon would be completely weak just because of that. And Unlike Maul Bandon has actually faced people in battle before his last battle. Could he beat Maul? I think so yes. Am I sure? No.

One more thing though and this is more against me then against anybody else.

I actually do think that Bandon is not the most powerful in the ranks anymore, he was powerful and probably had a shit load of potential and I think thats the reason why Malak choose him. There were probably a few masters around that would smack him around in a real fight, but they never fought him. At least I think so now, but thats again something that really does not have anything to do with this. Still even if its true Bandon was still insanely powerful otherwise he wouldn't have gotten his rank.

Emperor Revan
Okay but a few things. Bastila has the star forge fueling her with power, Malak says so himself.

Atton, HK and Jango all fought Jedi in different ways then Bandon did. Bandon faced them with a lightsaber those other bastards faced them with other weaposn. GG is the exception to the rule but somebody with a powerful connection to the force would overwelm him.

And yeah she did learn a lot when fighting with Revan a shit load of things, but that hardly makes her all powerful. It makes her a lot better but still.

Also you can say that the training is limited, but neither Dooku nor Malak nor Revan nor Sidious nor Exar Kun or Ulic Qel Droma were trained in the Sith ways from birth. They still all become a force to be careful with. I honestly do not think somebody like Bandon would be completely weak just because of that. And Unlike Maul Bandon has actually faced people in battle before his last battle. Could he beat Maul? I think so yes. Am I sure? No.

One more thing though and this is more against me then against anybody else.

I actually do think that Bandon is not the most powerful in the ranks anymore, he was powerful and probably had a shit load of potential and I think thats the reason why Malak choose him. There were probably a few masters around that would smack him around in a real fight, but they never fought him. At least I think so now, but thats again something that really does not have anything to do with this. Still even if its true Bandon was still insanely powerful otherwise he wouldn't have gotten his rank.

I was talking about when Bastila fought on the Unknown World. I agree that the Star Forge was probably the reason she could freeze Jolee and Juhani like that.

True, but Bastila has probably killed more dark Jedi and Sith apprentices than Bandon has Jedi.

I never said all powerful, just quite a bit stronger than when she was with the team against Revan.

No, none of them were trained in the Sith ways from birth and I honestly think it's weaker because you don't know both sides of the Force. But I'm saying Bandon doesn't have enough training yet. And Maul killed a Jedi master and his padawan (master was on the council I think or close, and padawan was nearly a knight like Obi was). No he didn't fight them at the same time but he still killed both of them and then later Qui-Gon.

I completely agree on your last paragraph.

Fishy
1.) Ohh okay...

2.) I doubt it, Bastila her kill count is almost completely related to Revan his kill count from the start of Kotor. Yeah she could have killed a few in combat but a lot of them were heavily weakened by Revan.

3.) Okay, guess we agree then

4.) Yeah you are right Bandon did not have enough yet but still a lot more then Bastila, he had a quarter of what Dooku had you can learn quite a bit in that time.

4.) Sweet, I don't know it its true however some things pseak for it some against it.

Dark Thor
this is a draw IMO

Fishy
You don't have a draw in a fight, you either lose or win.

MAKASHIMAN
OBI-WAN

Fishy
Any reason or just because you haven't read the thread?

Darth_Janus
He's a newbie who has 17 threads in two days and types in all caps. If I could shock him everytime he touches his keyboard, I would.

Fishy
I know that now, I only have 4 threads. I feel special smile

Darth_Janus
Total Posts: 3093
Threads Started: 47

I'm not too bad myself. That's since February.

Fishy
Total posts: 3859 (including this one)
Threads started: 4

More posts less threads, I should make new threads really, all I do is post in them.

Darth_Janus
That requires work. I made four or five good solid versus threads WITH a story and they got pushed back a whole page thanks to Makashiman's rampage of idiocy.

Fishy
I know it sucks, at leats the threads I made helped me stick out tongue Sort of

HimoKun
Why is anyone arguing? Bandon takes this.

Darth Windu
Don't worry janus, it's at the top now. And I loved your Revan vs. Malak story you wrote back in June. Excellent.

Darth_Janus
Thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.