Confusing Horror Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BaronOBeefDip
There have been threads about the best, worst, scariest, and the least scary horror films. However, what I want to know is what's your opinion on what is the most confusing horror film. You've ever seen. Perhaps it had something to do with the plot contradicting itself or there being a lack of any plot at all. Or, maybe it was a sequel that didn't seem to tie in with original film very well. Either way, if it confused the shit out of you, I wanna know about it.

Next Venom_girl
The Ring.
If I hadn't seen Ringu (the original Japanese film) first I probably would have never guessed what was going on. And they changed a lot of major plot points it's nigh unrecognizable from the orignal movie, which I thought made much more sense.

papabeard
In the Mouth of Madness and Lords of Illusion could be a little confusing

Evil Dead
meh....

I've never had a problem with any film.......horror genre included. There are many films that leave you confused up to a certain point (In the Mouth of Madness and Lord of Illusions as papa up there just mentioned) but always give explanations. The movies confusing you are actually part of the plot........if they didn't have you confused for the first 30 minutes, the plot points and twists wouldn't be as good. Other good examples of this are Jacob's ladder and Hellraiser Inferno. Both were meant to leave you confused up until the point the entire plot device is revealed.

but.......I've never walked away confused about a movie after viewing it in it's entirety. The closest I can come is Hellraiser Deader. It didn't leave me confused..........it just pissed me off the way they ended the movie without fleshing out the story and explaining a few critical things that they should have.

GGgrievous725
okay anyone here seen high tension that movies ending made no sense at all if anyone ever understands what or how this is possible please PM me

Impediment
I have to admit, when I first watched it, American Psycho confused the hell outta me. At least the very end did. But now I understand what happened to Bateman, since I watched it numerous times and read the book

MildPossession
I have never really been confused by a film, like Slipknot mentioned.

LiL nAstY GirL
Darkness...I still don't understand it...

tabby999
NOES - confused that they made more than one

slayer
Jacobs Ladder until the end as ED said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.