Who else hopes they get 'The Joker' look right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
In the 89' Batman, The Joker had a great very scary look to him.

I'm worried that in this Batman sequel The Joker's make-up wont have that good scary look that it had in the 89' Batman.

Who's with me?

Wickerman
Originally posted by BlackC@t
In the 89' Batman, The Joker had a great very scary look to him.

I'm worried that in this Batman sequel The Joker's make-up wont have that good scary look that it had in the 89' Batman.

Who's with me?

In 89 i was 4.....i kept laughing at Jack Nicholson.....16 years later i'm still laughing. If THAT was scary...i mean.....come on laughing

He was more like Bozo the clown...all fat and with crappy make-up lol

Ther performance was what made the character scary, because the look was anything BUT scary. If they want to get him right, i suggest him beeing leaner, meaner, with the large aquiline nose we all know and love (Mark Hamill - love ) and perhaps just a tad bit more muscular. That's why i think Crispin Glover would be excellent. He's got just the right physical traits to make for a scary looking Joker, and still act out the part properly thumb up

~wickerman~

LousyBoy
Nah, i was actually hoping that Joker will look crappy and dumb. Not scarey or wierd at all. Yeah, i think a guy with a plain white face will do.....

Wickerman
Originally posted by LousyBoy
Nah, i was actually hoping that Joker will look crappy and dumb. Not scarey or wierd at all. Yeah, i think a guy with a plain white face will do.....

"Sir, you'd better have a look at these readings we're getting on the "sarcasm'o meter" !!!!! "

~wickerman~

DarkAge
The Joker is tall and about 190 pounds, which is one of the reasons I think Jim Carrey would be perfect. People disagree with me because they think he's incapable of playing anything but over the top roles, but watch Man on the Moon and you'll see why he should play the Joker.

DirectorFitz
Originally posted by DarkAge
The Joker is tall and about 190 pounds, which is one of the reasons I think Jim Carrey would be perfect. People disagree with me because they think he's incapable of playing anything but over the top roles, but watch Man on the Moon and you'll see why he should play the Joker.

Actually, the Joker was quite short and scrawny. And Jim Carrey has already played the Riddler and captured that pretty much on the spot. He doesn't really have the animosity to be scary and psycho. The Joker needs the be played by somebody that can kill a person and laugh while doing it. (Kind of like when Joker killed Robin in the comics.

Bat Dude
Crispin Glover all the way! Jack Nichalson will still be the best!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wickerman
In 89 i was 4.....i kept laughing at Jack Nicholson.....16 years later i'm still laughing. If THAT was scary...i mean.....come on laughing

He was more like Bozo the clown...all fat and with crappy make-up lol

Ther performance was what made the character scary, because the look was anything BUT scary. If they want to get him right, i suggest him beeing leaner, meaner, with the large aquiline nose we all know and love (Mark Hamill - love ) and perhaps just a tad bit more muscular. That's why i think Crispin Glover would be excellent. He's got just the right physical traits to make for a scary looking Joker, and still act out the part properly thumb up

~wickerman~

LOL big grin Well said.When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking it meant who all wanted an actor that had the right physical build of The Joker. I totally agree with you about Crispin Glover.He would be a perfect Joker.I prefer Ceasar Romero Over Nicholson because like you said,Nicholson was fat and short,not the right build of the joker at all.Tim Burton should never have been allowed to direct a Batman movie because he never cared about getting actors that came close to fitting the roles of their comicbook counterparts.Yeah I thought Nicholson was laughable as well because he looked more like a clown than a scary villian like the Joker with Mark Hamill looked.

Mr Parker

Yeah thats why Nicholson was so wrong for the role.I always thought they should have switched the roles around and cast Nicholson for The Riddler and Carrey as the joker because of their physical builds,plus their personalitys were more right for those roles as well.

NoFate007
I can't see Nicholson playing the Riddler, or Carrey as The Joker. JC's jokes aren't evil enough for Joker

Simply Jenna
This picture is floating around, thought you might like to take a look...

mars.walagata.com/w/emergencyexit/joker22fy.jpg

Paola
^ shock that's scary

Wickerman
Originally posted by Simply Jenna

I don't like it.......he looks more like a zombie than the joker erm

~wickerman~

munkiesarus
Hmm. I still think that Fan Made Poster I threw up here not too long ago (You can find it in one of the mod's sigs, I dunno which one :O ) is perfect. A creepy, freaky not-quite-goth but milk white skin and black lipstick and GRROAR teeth and all that.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Mr Parker
LOL big grin Well said.When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking it meant who all wanted an actor that had the right physical build of The Joker. I totally agree with you about Crispin Glover.He would be a perfect Joker.I prefer Ceasar Romero Over Nicholson because like you said,Nicholson was fat and short,not the right build of the joker at all.Tim Burton should never have been allowed to direct a Batman movie because he never cared about getting actors that came close to fitting the roles of their comicbook counterparts.Yeah I thought Nicholson was laughable as well because he looked more like a clown than a scary villian like the Joker with Mark Hamill looked.

Wow, somebody actually agreeing to what i think of Batman '89 eek!
I agree. And i really really hope Crispin Glover gets the part thumb up

~wickerman~

Mr Parker
Since we seem to agree on that,just wondering,did you also hate Keaton for the choice of Batman as well because of how his physical build was so wrong for the role?

Wickerman
Since we seem to agree on that,just wondering,did you also hate Keaton for the choice of Batman as well because of how his physical build was so wrong for the role?

Yes, and also for his lack of acting talent as BATMAN. He was a good Bruce Wayne IMO, but a crappy Batman. Just like Val Kilmer was a great Batman, all dark and somber, but a pretty crappy Bruce Wayne.....

~wickerman~

Mr Parker
Thats strange that you thought that because I felt it was the other way around.

gls
lets see... Jim carrey was great as the riddler (the best thing about that movie imo)
i don't know who would be good for joker in the next film..
but that fan pic does look good. might change the hair and outfit. but the look would fit nice imo

oh and hi paola! smile

vvvrulz
Thats strange that you thought that because I felt it was the other way around.

So did I actually, I thought Kilmers Batman was hopeless.

As for the Joker, I dearly hope Nolan gets it right, because the entire movie will hinge on how well the Joker is cast. If its a crap Joker, its a crap movie. Period.

yerssot

if they use a bit more green for in example the hairs or something... and a scar on his cheek perhaps?

I don't think that the looks are that important, as long as you establish he looks like a Joker/clown. The most important thing is that he acts convincingly; which imo, is that he should be a total nut: killing in cold blood while laughing about it and such

BlackC@t

He needs to look more like a clown erm

NoFate007
Originally posted by yerssot
killing in cold blood while laughing about it and such

Yup. They can't resort to stupid jokes, I mean, 2 or 3 are expected to make the audience laugh, like when he shocked the guy in Batman...that was funny..lol...but the vast majority of things The Joker should laugh about have to me things that make us cringe.

moonwalker741
hey um i re-did the picture myself... i think this looks a little bit better

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/4582/joker7zh.jpg

yerssot
Originally posted by NoFate007
Yup. They can't resort to stupid jokes, I mean, 2 or 3 are expected to make the audience laugh, like when he shocked the guy in Batman...that was funny..lol...but the vast majority of things The Joker should laugh about have to me things that make us cringe.
a bit of acting like a psycho yes

moonwalker741
and i found out too that the fanmade picture was originally a picture of the guy in the movie called "the man whos laughs".... the guy was the inspiration for the creation of the joker

yerssot
you mean that picture is currently the inspiration to make the Joker for the next movie?

moonwalker741
no no, when joker was first created... the movie inspired the creation of the joker....back then

munkiesarus
Originally posted by moonwalker741
hey um i re-did the picture myself... i think this looks a little bit better

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/4582/joker7zh.jpg

I think the green tinged Begins sign is cute. Nothing to make official though. Have a sadistically smiling bat on the teaser poster.

As for your take, I liked the original background better.

moonwalker741
oh i just made it darker, and purple..... no biggie....

Scarecrow756
I do hope they get the Joker right in the second Batman movie. Because A he is one of my favourite Batman villains and two he is a villain loved by many Batman fans. I was watching Batman forever last night and I do think he might be able to play the Joker.

KillerCrock69
madYOU IDIOTS! THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER JOKER! BATMAN BEGINS WAS THE PREQUEL TO THE '89 BATMAN MOVIE! GOD! mad

NoFate007
...no it wasn't dude, hence how they already have the Bat-signal, he's already met Gordon, already made an appearance, blah blah blah. Its a revamp of the series, starting a brand new wave. There are no connections with the previous films.

Myth
laughing Who's the idiot now?

moonwalker741
Originally posted by KillerCrock69
madYOU IDIOTS! THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER JOKER! BATMAN BEGINS WAS THE PREQUEL TO THE '89 BATMAN MOVIE! GOD! mad

Um. No i don't think so. Its a whole new interpretation.... i'm pretty positive

vvvrulz
Yeah its a fresh start dude, the Joker will be back.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by KillerCrock69

umm...it isn't a prequel. were you just born?

Myth
I know a lot of people confuse that, but they are not the type to come onto these forums. Even if they were, they wouldn't make a fool of themselves by making themselves look angry in front of people who are obviously more knowledgable about movies. wink

DarkAge
I'm concerned they'll avoid the purple suit because it's too campy. I mean the only part of Crane's costume they kept was the mask. I hope they give the Joker his red eyes this time as well.

systemshock2
The Joker's new look in the next film is going to be one of those things that'll probably split fans right down the middle. Because of Begins, it seems that everything in a Batman movie will now be done so with realism as its main factor. So with the new look for the Joker, you're going to either love it or hate it due to the realism factor that's going to be heavily influencing its making.

Scarecrow was realistically possible because it's just a guy with a mask on. Two-face will be realistically possible because a man who has his face severly burned can plausibly exist in the real world. But with the Joker, how will a man with a chalk-white face and green hair exist in this new and real Batman world without compromising some things?

It'll be interesting to see how Nolan and Co. pull this new look for the Joker off while trying to keep it real and please all the hardcore Batman fans. I look forward to seeing how it happens in the movie.

NoFate007
Well they can't get rid of the green hair and white skin. Then he wouldn't be The Joker. That'd be like keeping Killer Croc a normal looking guy - he just wouldn't be the character, no matter how you write the dialogue.

Azrael23
Originally posted by systemshock2
The Joker's new look in the next film is going to be one of those things that'll probably split fans right down the middle. Because of Begins, it seems that everything in a Batman movie will now be done so with realism as its main factor. So with the new look for the Joker, you're going to either love it or hate it due to the realism factor that's going to be heavily influencing its making.

Scarecrow was realistically possible because it's just a guy with a mask on. Two-face will be realistically possible because a man who has his face severly burned can plausibly exist in the real world. But with the Joker, how will a man with a chalk-white face and green hair exist in this new and real Batman world without compromising some things?

It'll be interesting to see how Nolan and Co. pull this new look for the Joker off while trying to keep it real and please all the hardcore Batman fans. I look forward to seeing how it happens in the movie.

I too an wondering how Nolan will pull off the Joker, and with the tone of the current films Joker will be one of the hardest villians to pull off without a few compromises, which includes staying true to the look and character of the Joker.

The Best way to pull-off The Joker in the next film in looks and depiction will be to .......

Keep the Chalk White Skin, along with a distorted grin, but give it added details around the mouth nose and eyes.

Rather than make all his hair bright green like on Batman89, Give him slick black hair with lots of dark green highlights to create the illuision that his hair is all green.

Have him garbed in various tailcoated suits, but make them darker versions of his colors. A Black suit, A dark Hunter Green Suit and a dark wine purple suit, with trenchcoats and top hats, to make him look more threatening.

Above all he must be crazy as hell and not campy. If they do some of these things he could come out well. The actor depictng him should do a completely different take from Nicholsons Joker.

b-dan
personally i dont like the joker hes alright i used to love him but i prefere scarecrow

sevenman
The Joker is tall and about 190 pounds, which is one of the reasons I think Jim Carrey would be perfect. People disagree with me because they think he's incapable of playing anything but over the top roles, but watch Man on the Moon and you'll see why he should play the Joker. Man, you whack.

sevenman
Realism, Realism, Realism. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, **** *******!!!! As long as you obey the laws of science and do not make it as if BATMAN is SUPERMAN you are fine. I liked THE SCARECROW because he did not appear in full costume. One of the questions that were answered in BATMAN BEGINS was "What would compel a man to dress up as a bat"? Dressing the villains all up in costume is gay with a "Villain of the Week" feel to it. I liked how they put Ducard in an suitable clothes for the situations he was in and made him a distinct character from all others without some sort of gimmick. The same goes for Ra's Al Ghul looking more like a wise eternal being as opposed to some green British guy who lives in IRAQ. The Joker in the 1989 film did not have to wear black as the Joker or "Wine Purple" to be believable. Jack wore black. Jack died. Joker wears purple. If you have him wear black he is like a wannabe BATMAN. Like how Joel Schumacher made TWO FACE and THE RIDDLER a poor man's Jokers. **** it, let him wear bright purple. He doesn't need a hat and coat to be intimidating then he'd be too much like the 1989 Joker. Killing people is pretty intimidating. If I directed BATMAN BEGINS AGAIN here's who I'd cast:

Crispin Glover
Christopher Nolan
Sean Penn

COMPRIMISES HELL. I WANT MARK HAMILL.

TwoFace2
I bet Willem Dafoe will make a creepy Joker who enjoy killing people and smile for no reasons. The way he smiled in SPIDERMAN, he is pure evil genious with a smile. I know he won't play the role cuz he's on Marvel side, but I bet Johnny Depp, Crispin Glover, Michael Keaton (he's face kinda similiar to Nicholson's but more confusing), or Timothy Olyphant (misspelled i guess, lol) can make a great Joker.

vvvrulz
Dafoe's face is too messed up to really pull off the 'look' of the joker.

sevenman
Willem Dafoe being the Joker ruins all hopes of their ever being a DC/MARVEL team-up movie. There is a law for that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.