If God were to tell you to, would you fly an airplane into a building?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

Please do not get upset with me, I believe this is a valid question. Where do you draw the line between acceptable and radical?

cking
if he said, then yes. it wouldn't be suicide, because it wasn't by your own decision. if said, not, then never would that happen. I think it would be a test, but not in a way that he would make you jump off a building. it would be like the story of Abraham and Isaac.

cking
job is another good example. god can test a person in a sense of how they would take it if they were somehow fired from a job and maybe had a fight at home. how would that person take it?

Atlantis001
I do not think he will say that to me. I will probably think that he is not God, but I will think carefully if its really right to do that, and I would only do that if I understand why its right, never by blind faith.

debbiejo
Not I said the cat!...Not I said the dog....OK...then I'll do it all by myself said the little red hen..

NOT I, cause God would never ask that....Not the real God...maybe the false god behind door number 2....

cking
God only speaks to people through the heart not face to face. he won't ask people to jump off a building.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cking
God only speaks to people through the heart not face to face. he won't ask people to jump off a building.

Cking, but what if it really was God, and he really told you (through your heart) to fly an airplane into a building and kill evil people?

cking
God wouldn't do that. God doesn't do that anymore. He did it back then especially with David.

debbiejo
if he said, then yes. it wouldn't be suicide, because it wasn't by your own decision. if said, not, then never would that happen. I think it would be a test, but not in a way that he would make you jump off a building. it would be like the story of Abraham and Isaac.

But you already said yes.....

Atlantis001
Then he will probably have some kind of certification that he is god, else I would sue him by stellionate. But seriously, I will only do that if I can understand how that is right.

Shakyamunison
OK, here is my answer...

"No, God, take my life now, I will not kill anyone."

Darthburgerking
Yeah the idea of running your plane into a building and killing others just to go to a highly illogical afterlife seems ignorant but it's not like anyone would ever do that... oh wait...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darthburgerking
Yeah the idea of running your plane into a building and killing others just to go to a highly illogical afterlife seems ignorant but it's not like anyone would ever do that... oh wait...

We have two so far.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
OK, here is my answer...

"No, God, take my life now, I will not kill anyone."

I hear ya.....But war is different when protecting your own country....wouldn't you think???......Protecting???? You have to defend yourself wouldn't you??

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
I hear ya.....But war is different when protecting your own country....wouldn't you think???......Protecting???? You have to defend yourself wouldn't you??

Yes, but I don't believe in a God that directly intervenes in our lives. I think of it this way; two blood cells in a vain, one turns to the other and says "I think there's something bigger going on here".

smile

Atlantis001

FeceMan
Not I said the cat!...Not I said the dog....OK...then I'll do it all by myself said the little red hen..

NOT I, cause God would never ask that....Not the real God...maybe the false god behind door number 2....
I would.

Ever heard of Abraham and his son? Old Abe probably thought the exact same thing.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FeceMan
I would.

Ever heard of Abraham and his son? Old Abe probably thought the exact same thing.

So are you # 3?

lil bitchiness
No. But I would seek psychological help.

Imperial_Samura
Wouldn't be surprised if God did ask something like that, he has a questionable track record with destruction. And then there is Joan of Arc. And the Crusaders. But still, even if God decided to come and personally ask me I would say no. The I would give him a lecture on morals. Maybe quote the twelve commandments and send him to his room and make him think about what he was asking.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Wouldn't be surprised if God did ask something like that, he has a questionable track record with destruction. And then there is Joan of Arc. And the Crusaders. But still, even if God decided to come and personally ask me I would say no. The I would give him a lecture on morals. Maybe quote the twelve commandments and send him to his room and make him think about what he was asking.

The 12 Commandments??? laughing ....Is there something you're not telling us?....Did God give you 2 more.....

JimMorrison227
Odd, I always thought it was 13.

cking
god gave rules also besides the commands and their were 600 of them to follow.

cking
if a person could follow all of them they would be considered perfect in god's eyes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JimMorrison227
Odd, I always thought it was 13.

I know of only one commandment, but it's so hard to do that God had to brake it down to at least 10.

The one commandment is: love your neighbor as you love yourself. If we loved each other, we wouldn't need the other 10.

debbiejo
Well, the other part of that is and "love God with all your heart" and "Love your neighbor as you love yourself."...Makes 2....And loving God would include loving your neighbor...cause we are all parts of God, and also loving the Earth and everything in it since god created that too with parts of It's self....But I agree with you Shaky.

and cking....if you kept all 600 of those commandments...you'd go crazy....You couldn't even mix different fabrics together linen/wool..have to keep the Sabbath....Gee I should post some of those....some where really quite strange.

Evil Dead
isn't it a bit egotistical to think that you as nothing more than an average everyday human knows what a supreme being, a god would do or ask? Aren't we talking about the same sick god who lets hundreds of thousands of children die every year from aids and whatnot?

God: I'll start my day by killing 200 children. Around noon I'll have a few auto accidents cripple a few more children for life.........but have somebody fly a plane into a building? I could never do that.......

I think not. What makes you think a god would even care? If there was a god, we would be nothing more than play things.........toys to amuse it.........much like the human figures we create (dolls).

Atlantis001
I never liked that movie Independence Day, but thats what they did If I remember right. They flew an airplane into their space crafts, and killed many ets, but it was needed to defend the planet.

cking
I don't keep all those 600 rules, it would be impossible for anyone to actually follow every one of them. we know what sin is so we don't follow the commandments anymore.

cking
the only reason God gave the Israelites the commandments because they didn't know what kind of sin they were committing so God couldn't judge them. people back then could have kept all of those commandments, but man was bent on doing sin itself and never cared about those commandments. the commandments don't have power over Christians, because Jesus died for us so we won't be judged under it. unbelievers will be Jesus won't be there to help that person out before god's throne. The only power that the commandments have is the power to convict sin. back then salvation never came through the commandments, but only through God alone, God used the commandments to help man come back to god and to test their faith. salvation only comes through Jesus as god back then. back then burnt offerings and other seed, grain, or sin offerings, never guaranteed a person would have their sins cleaned because many never had faith that it would be good enough and do god declared it unnecessary and came up with a much better covenant that is with Jesus. so the old covenant was put away and the new covenant with Jesus gives us the right to go before god without sin.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Evil Dead
isn't it a bit egotistical to think that you as nothing more than an average everyday human knows what a supreme being, a god would do or ask? Aren't we talking about the same sick god who lets hundreds of thousands of children die every year from aids and whatnot?

God: I'll start my day by killing 200 children. Around noon I'll have a few auto accidents cripple a few more children for life.........but have somebody fly a plane into a building? I could never do that.......

I think not. What makes you think a god would even care? If there was a god, we would be nothing more than play things.........toys to amuse it.........much like the human figures we create (dolls).

So if God does all the bad stuff, who does the good stuff?

I think God doesn't "do", we "do". If you cut yourself, you bleed, but it's really the wound that is bleeding.

Imperial_Samura
the only reason God gave the Israelites the commandments because they didn't know what kind of sin they were committing so God couldn't judge them.

So how was it that God could punish Adam and Eve? The were even more ignorant of sin, but punished they were, despite not knowing about anything like that.

And what about all the people who lived "before" this happened, what about them? Were they judged? And all those poor Egyptians killed. They had no commandments either... so they couldn't have known the sins they were committing...

Evanescence
i wouldn't, id tell god to go and do it himself.

FeceMan
So are you # 3?
Eh...it's hard to say, really.

In theory, I can say 'sure', but, in practice, I don't think I could even hurt my cat for God. I don't believe that God acts as He did in the OT--verbally communicating with people, giving others the gift of prophecy, etc.--and so would have myself tested for schizophrenia if I heard "God's" voice telling me to do something like that.

cking
because Adam and eve committed the first sin. the people before Adam weren't judged based on the law. bu they did have a conscience of right and wrong. the Egyptians had their own religion, they believed in many gods. Egyptians of that time would never have any association with god anyway. they didn't know what they were doing, but they knew it was wrong to punish the Israelites for 430 years, that is worthy of any kind of punishment so god judged them based on that part. they abused the Israelites greatly, not poor Egyptians, poor Jews. the Egyptians had everything, while the Jews were living in filth.

cking
not Adam moses sorry.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
So how was it that God could punish Adam and Eve? The were even more ignorant of sin, but punished they were, despite not knowing about anything like that.

And what about all the people who lived "before" this happened, what about them? Were they judged? And all those poor Egyptians killed. They had no commandments either... so they couldn't have known the sins they were committing...
Adam & Eve were not to do one thing; it was made abundantly clear to them. They did it anyway.

As for the Egyptians--I don't know. I'm going to say that God wouldn't judge those who weren't devoted specifically to Him because they had not heard of Him...but I don't know God's mind and I can't say. How were people from the OT judged? It was before Jesus was sacrificed, so maybe...

Eh, no clue. I cannot provide a sufficient answer.

cking
the Egyptians were judged that day based on what they did to the Jews. the people from the old testament were judged based on the law, while before wasn't because they didn't know what they were doing, but still they knew what was right and wrong.

Adam_PoE
Adam & Eve were not to do one thing; it was made abundantly clear to them. They did it anyway.

Adam and Eve also had no knowledge of good and evil and likewise, no knowledge of the difference between right and wrong. Adam and Eve may have disobeyed God, but they had no way of knowing that disobeying God was wrong.

As for the Egyptians--I don't know. I'm going to say that God wouldn't judge those who weren't devoted specifically to Him because they had not heard of Him...but I don't know God's mind and I can't say. How were people from the OT judged? It was before Jesus was sacrificed, so maybe...

Eh, no clue. I cannot provide a sufficient answer.

Then the Lord said:

I have seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cries because of their taskmasters. I know their suffering and have come down to deliver them out of the hands of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey.

Yeah, God sent Moses to be the deliverer, then throws a curveball; God hardens Pharoah's heart, so Pharoah won't let the Israelites go.

"Moses, set my people free; Pharoah, keep 'em captive." Hey God, whose side are you on?

Then a plague; God plagued the mighty Pharoah for not letting the Israelites go. God smites Pharoah with the first of ten disasters. One morning, old-boy Pharoah strolls down to the beach for, you know, a swim, for a tan, something. He goes down, checks it . . . oh! All the water in the Nile has turned to blood.

"Why?" That's what Pharoah's asking himself, "Why is there blood in the Nile?"

He asks his priests and his soothsayers but before they can figure it out, swarms of frogs hop out of the water and into the Egyptians' homes; into their beds, and bathtubs, and mixing bowls.

Pharoah says, "Enough, the Israelites can get the **** out."

"Yippie!" says Moses.

And then, God hardens Pharoah's heart again; at the last minute Pharoah decides the Israelites can't leave. Suddenly, the dust of Egypt turns to gnats and flies. Imagine, your house, your office, your whole city filled with flies. Imagine the noise, all the buzzing in your head, and bug spray won't be invented for four thousand years yet.

Darkness; for three days straight, only darkness. Think of it, sitting in your house for three days, no lights, no TVs, not even a flashlight to keep the black out. Pharoah is sitting there on his throne, in the dark, wondering when it's all gonna end. All 'cause of God. Doesn't make sense, does it; Pharoah taking the blame for what God was gonna do anyway?

The last plague is the worst one. That's the one that messes up our ideas about God. All the firstborn in the land of Egypt killed on one night when everyone's asleep. You the oldest child in the family? Woulda been you, no questions asked. Pharoah's son dies too; his heir, his pride and joy, sweet, innocent little boy.

You reap what you sow, Pharoah got what he deserved. But what about Abdul the farmer who woke up with frogs on his face, his cattle dead from anthrax, his wife ****ed up with sores, his only child dead, all because of a leader he didn't even get to vote for? What about all the people who reap what they don't sow? What about you?

cking
true, Adam Poe, they never knew what wrong was because they were sinless at the time. true, GOD did harden Pharaoh's heart so the Israelites would give more glory to him instead of bragging about themselves.

cking
Pharaoh did get what he deserved what a foolish man, even his officials wanted him to let the Jews go.

cking
but what Egypt's condition after Pharaoh died?

Evil Dead
I've got a secret to tell you............

there is no god. Ofcourse we control our own lives, the good with the bad. My post was merely pointing out how Christians give god praise for everything good........even the most pedestrian things like the dinner they eat...........yet seem somehow to think that the same God which is all powerful is not responsible for the bad.

lil bitchiness
there is no god.

I love statements like this. On what percisely do you base that?
Prove it.

I dont believe in superiour beings which created us - my notion of Gods is much different to the one of mainstream religions (including Hinduism) but thats another story.

Under the assumption that such beings exist, if such being has the power to create us and all we see around us, he/she/it would not need any human to do his/hers/its dirty work. Its really simple as.

I never understood the notion of sacrifice or even suicide for God. Why would such God create you and then demand that you to kill yourself or kill others in his/hers/its name?
That would be the same as me creating a beautiful piece of art and then watch someone else rip it apart.

Shakyamunison
I've got a secret to tell you............
there is no god. Ofcourse we control our own lives, the good with the bad. My post was merely pointing out how Christians give god praise for everything good........even the most pedestrian things like the dinner they eat...........yet seem somehow to think that the same God which is all powerful is not responsible for the bad.

This is no secret... and I mostly agree with you, however, the Universe is alive. This is what I call God, and yes, the universe does not "do" we "do". The true nature of the universe is beyond our understanding and always will be. So take your point of view and add a little optimism, the nothingness that is the universe is like a mirror, you see the reflection of "you" in the world. If you change "you" you will change the world around you.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I love statements like this. On what percisely do you base that?
Prove it.

I dont believe in superiour beings which created us - my notion of Gods is much different to the one of mainstream religions (including Hinduism) but thats another story.

Under the assumption that such beings exist, if such being has the power to create us and all we see around us, he/she/it would not need any human to do his/hers/its dirty work. Its really simple as.

I never understood the notion of sacrifice or even suicide for God. Why would such God ever want you to kill yourself or kill others in his/hers/its name?
That would be the same as me creating a beautiful piece of art and then watch someone else rip it apart.

clappingclappingclapping

Atlantis001

cking
god is defined as the "father."

Evil Dead
Shaky........I like you. That's the way I see it too. The universe is alive........constantly moving.......we're part of it. We are part of God, the creator.......the created. The energy that flows through our bodies has been around since the beginning........changing forms for billions of years........it will continue to do so until the end of time.

bleh......it's my opinion, never stated it as fact. Even if I had........that's a dumb question. You know aswell as I.......aswell as anybody who's ever taken 3rd grade science that you cannot prove a negative. To be proven fact, data must be collected, tested and re-tested. If something does not exist, it cannot provide data.

debbiejo
Goes well with Quantum phyics tooooooooooooo. smile

Shakyamunison
Shaky........I like you.

Thanks, I like you too laughing

you cannot prove a negative.

Of cores you can't prove a negative, but sometimes it's fun to watch someone try, especially when they don't know that.

lil bitchiness
bleh......it's my opinion, never stated it as fact. Even if I had........that's a dumb question. You know aswell as I.......aswell as anybody who's ever taken 3rd grade science that you cannot prove a negative. To be proven fact, data must be collected, tested and re-tested. If something does not exist, it cannot provide data.

No. You cannot prove it because its meant to be faith - faith is based on something that might or might not be true. And your ''opinion'' was stated as a fact.

And ''you cannot prove negative''? what? What does that evne mean?
Whatever it was meant to mean, it does not apply to proving god's existance.

You cannot prove he/she/it isnt there, because you dont know where he/she/it is in existence.
Just because you cannot see it, smell it or hear it, it does not equal non existence, and taking 3rd grade science should have told you so when you learned about high pitch sounds which you cannot hear. Does that make them non-existant? No, it just makes you ignorant of it - the dogs however still can hear them.

Did they only come into existence last century when we learned how to measure high pitch sounds? No, they existed long before that, without our knowledge.

Do bacteria not exist because you cannot see it? No. It just makes you unaware of it, and by that its existence does not become invalid. Did bacteria exist for millions of years without our knowledge - of course they did.

''There is no god'' is not an opinion - ''i dont believe there is a god'' or ''in my opinion there is no god'' is an opinion.

''There is no god'' is your opinion stated to the rest of us as a fact.

Chibi Boy

Please do not get upset with me, I believe this is a valid question. Where do you draw the line between acceptable and radical?
The truth is, I'd do anything god would tell me too, but maybe i might make an exception to that one. God wouldn't do that anyway(i hope messed ).

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Chibi Boy
The truth is, I'd do anything god would tell me too, but maybe i might make an exception to that one. God wouldn't do that anyway(i hope messed ).

The question is designed to challenge you. So, put aside all doubt, God himself, told you directly, and clearly.

I want you to think about what it means to have a 'servant, master relationship with a omnipotent being'.

I do not have that kind of relationship with God. I am God, the down side to this is, so are you.

Evil Dead
get off it *****. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. you started out saying that you can prove negatives.....then went on to list things that are positives, things that do exist.

it's quite simple *****........for something to be proven fact it must exist. you cannot prove something to be fact that does not exist. therefore you cannot prove a negative. for something to be proven fact, you must be able to gather some sort of testable data from the subject. if something does not exist you can not gather data from it to prove it doesn't exist.

can you prove pink elephants with purple polka dots don't exist?
can you prove Bigfoot doesn't exist?
can you prove ghosts don't exist?
etc. etc.

ofcourse the answer to all of those is "no"......you can not prove something doesn't exist. you can only prove things that do exist to be true.

thank you for your time *****, there is your 3rd grade science lesson for the day. see me tomorrow if you need help in any other areas of study you should have learned 20 years ago.

Shakyamunison
get off it *****. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. you started out saying that you can prove negatives.....then went on to list things that are positives, things that do exist.

it's quite simple *****........for something to be proven fact it must exist. you cannot prove something to be fact that does not exist. therefore you cannot prove a negative. for something to be proven fact, you must be able to gather some sort of testable data from the subject. if something does not exist you can not gather data from it to prove it doesn't exist.

can you prove pink elephants with purple polka dots don't exist?
can you prove Bigfoot doesn't exist?
can you prove ghosts don't exist?
etc. etc.

ofcourse the answer to all of those is "no"......you can not prove something doesn't exist. you can only prove things that do exist to be true.

thank you for your time *****, there is your 3rd grade science lesson for the day. see me tomorrow if you need help in any other areas of study you should have learned 20 years ago.

Hi Evil Dead

What does this have to do with this thread? I think you are off topic, please return to the correct topic. If God were to tell you to, would you fly an airplane into a building?

RedAlertv2
Back on topic, I would fly a plane into a building if told to do so by God. My reasoning: If God tells me to do something, that means that I would have proof that God existed. Which means that if I filled his wishes I would probably go to heaven.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Back on topic, I would fly a plane into a building if told to do so by God. My reasoning: If God tells me to do something, that means that I would have proof that God existed. Which means that if I filled his wishes I would probably go to heaven.

With thinking like that, you can be controlled. Do you see what I am getting at?

RedAlertv2
Yes.... But assuming there is a god, and I knew it for sure, I would let myself be controlled. I guess its all about faith, and the belief that god is good. You would have to believe that in the first place.

Shakyamunison
Yes.... But assuming there is a god, and I knew it for sure, I would let myself be controlled. I guess its all about faith, and the belief that god is good. You would have to believe that in the first place.

As long as you know what you are doing.

God is something you will never find absolute proof of. There are people who use this kind of control all the time, maybe not so blatant, or maybe so. How do you draw the line between acceptable and radical?

RedAlertv2
"God is something you will never find absolute proof of"

If God appeared and told me to do something radical, that would be proof enough for me. But now that I think about it, isnt murder an unforgivable sin? I might think twice about flying a plane into a building.

Shakyamunison
"God is something you will never find absolute proof of"

If God appeared and told me to do something radical, that would be proof enough for me. But now that I think about it, isnt murder an unforgivable sin? I might think twice about flying a plane into a building.

As long as you think, and do not have blind faith, you will do fine in life. But to do better requires a leap of faith. Blind faith is turning on the light and even though the light does not come on, you still believe the light is on. A leap of faith is knowing the light will come on before you flip the switch. If the light doesn't come on, then you know that it's dark.

Adam_PoE

Let us presume that God has revealed His existence to you. How can you be sure His asking you to fly a plane into a building is not a test? Perhaps He does not want you to fly a plane into a building and by doing it, you will have failed.

Chibi Boy
The question is designed to challenge you. So, put aside all doubt, God himself, told you directly, and clearly.

I want you to think about what it means to have a 'servant, master relationship with a omnipotent being'.

I do not have that kind of relationship with God. I am God, the down side to this is, so are you.

And yes, it is a good and challanging question, my reason for saying no is because god wants us to say no sometimes, he doesn't want us to act like zombies to his every tiny command nomatter what size it is, aslong as you know he's there.

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Let us presume that God has revealed His existence to you. How can you be sure His asking you to fly a plane into a building is not a test? Perhaps He does not want you to fly a plane into a building and by doing it, you will have failed.
That's sort of my point.

Evil Dead
sorry......I got off a bit there. I just dislike it very much when we're discussing a topic and somebody gets off on another subject......and is actually wrong on the entire premise of the subject. If a person has the balls to switch the topic of discussion........a person should atleast be correct or know a little about the subject they are switching to.

Yes, I'd fly a plane into a building in a heartbeat. If a being could prove to me that they were the cause of all existence..........they created the universe and everything in it........I would do anything they ask. It's quite a feat to not only create an entire universe but to do so and keep it running for billions of years like clockwork.....down to the most miniscule details like insect populations affecting ecosystems on one small planet out of millions. Who am I to argue with it's logic, wisdom or wishes? I can't even keep up with my bills.......making sure they're all in the mail by the correct date to make sure they are all recieved on time.

Shakyamunison
sorry......I got off a bit there. I just dislike it very much when we're discussing a topic and somebody gets off on another subject......and is actually wrong on the entire premise of the subject. If a person has the balls to switch the topic of discussion........a person should atleast be correct or know a little about the subject they are switching to.

Yes, I'd fly a plane into a building in a heartbeat. If a being could prove to me that they were the cause of all existence..........they created the universe and everything in it........I would do anything they ask. It's quite a feat to not only create an entire universe but to do so and keep it running for billions of years like clockwork.....down to the most miniscule details like insect populations affecting ecosystems on one small planet out of millions. Who am I to argue with it's logic, wisdom or wishes? I can't even keep up with my bills.......making sure they're all in the mail by the correct date to make sure they are all recieved on time.

Thank you for getting back on topic! I understand your frustration; I'm watching this thread closely and I even tried to help, but some people don't want to listen.

Bardock42
If I had a free will I would probably say...**** NO....well right after I am done cursing myself for going to hell.....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
If I had a free will I would probably say...**** NO....well right after I am done cursing myself for going to hell.....

Hi Bardock42

Nice to see you post here. I guess you will have good company in hell.

Bardock42
Hi Bardock42

Nice to see you post here. I guess you will have good company in hell.

MNaybe.. I read Dante....lots of good people down there....I just don't want to go to deep ..... getting tortured is not my kind of thing.....

debbiejo
MNaybe.. I read Dante....lots of good people down there....I just don't want to go to deep ..... getting tortured is not my kind of thing.....

Oh tht silly Dante....look what he's done.....

I have open communication with God/Spirit or what ever you want to call it SINCE I've left my former faith......I get replies...honeltly....

God assists you in making clear your choices not forcing anyone INTO A CHOICE...

Bardock42
Oh tht silly Dante....look what he's done.....

I have open communication with God/Spirit or what ever you want to call it SINCE I've left my former faith......I get replies...honeltly....

God assists you in making clear your choices not forcing anyone INTO A CHOICE...

Sure you do...........and sure he does......and.....actully just no expression

debbiejo
Sure you do...........and sure he does......and.....actully just no expression

I thought everybody heard voices.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're just not listening.........

cking
I here alot of voices, some sound like bill Clinton, while some sound like Eddie Murphy.

AngelGirl
no, i would not, i don't think any god would want you to kill his people

cking
nope, God would never do that.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AngelGirl
no, i would not, i don't think any god would want you to kill his people

Good for you AngelGirl.

The rest of you who said yes, should be listening to her.

JimMorrison227
No, I would tell god to go screw himself and he is a crazy self indulged lunatic who wants me to kill myself and others for him.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JimMorrison227
No, I would tell god to go screw himself and he is a crazy self indulged lunatic who wants me to kill myself and others for him.

Hi JimMorrison227

"If God were to tell you to, would you fly an airplane into a building?"

Do you understand why I asked this question?

cking
I don't think it is a good idea to say that because god is listening to every word we say.

FeceMan
I don't think it is a good idea to say that because god is listening to every word we say.
He listens to every thought, too. ...Oops.

Does God really care if you insult Him? If an ant insulted me, I am afraid I would not be offended. Especially if I created the ant and had the power to snuff out its life with a single thought.
Good for you AngelGirl.

The rest of you who said yes, should be listening to her.
Thank you for referring me to the voice of God. AngelGirl's wisdom clearly transcends God's and she obviously has a better grasp of all things biblical.

cking
God wouldn't be offended but he would know very well it would be wrong.

debbiejo
Thank you for referring me to the voice of God.

God listens to all...respects all....And does not coerce....Not no one, not no how, not no way. God listens and speaks......Who has ears let them hear.......Said by someone important, I think.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

God does not interfer with our process, but respects our decisions...It's called free will.

cking
true, debbiejo, I think you were referring to Jesus as how ever has an ear should listen. I forgot which gospel it was.

cking
that is why humans were created in his image so they could make choices themselves without someone holding their hand for them. alot of people in some situations always depend on another to hold their hand in a situation, but they aren't there. So that why we have free choice. but in some situations we need god to help us in major decision making.

Shakyamunison
Thank you for referring me to the voice of God. AngelGirl's wisdom clearly transcends God's and she obviously has a better grasp of all things biblical.

Sorry FaceMan but I wasn't talking to you. I know you were being sarcastic, and I think you are older. AngelGirl is around 14 and she got the right answer. I was shocked to see people say "Yes they would", and they were young men, just like the ones on 9-11, except these were Christians. She restored my faith.

I interpret what you said above as "why didn't you notice me?". Am I wrong? FaceMan step out of yourself for a minuet; young people will soon be old people, and we will be dead.

Bardock42
What you mean th4e old Bastard will take it wrong if I call imn a ****ing ****head and an old ***** whore ****?

Bardock42
Sorry FaceMan but I wasn't talking to you. I know you were being sarcastic, and I think you are older. AngelGirl is around 14 and she got the right answer. I was shocked to see people say "Yes they would", and they were young men, just like the ones on 9-11, except these were Christians. She restored my faith.

I interpret what you said above as "why didn't you notice me?". Am I wrong? FaceMan step out of yourself for a minuet; young people will soon be old people, and we will be dead.

Shakya....there is no right answer....and if at all Angel is clearly wrong....

Look:
You said "If God were to tell you to, would you fly an airplane into a building?" ....she said "God would never do that" and in this context she is just wrong because we established that god would in this example.......

Sorry but that is just the easy way out, it is like someone asks you "If you have to children and you have to chose which of them must life who would you chose" and you say "Homocidial maniacs would never do that" .....that's just not the right answer to a hypothetical question....oh and eveyone knows its "The Ugly One"

Shakyamunison
Shakya....there is no right answer....and if at all Angel is clearly wrong....

Look:
You said "If God were to tell you to, would you fly an airplane into a building?" ....she said "God would never do that" and in this context she is just wrong because we established that god would in this example.......

Sorry but that is just the easy way out, it is like someone asks you "If you have to children and you have to chose which of them must life who would you chose" and you say "Homocidial maniacs would never do that" .....that's just not the right answer to a hypothetical question....oh and eveyone knows its "The Ugly One"

I disagree, she said no and she's young, she got the right answer for her age. I hold people who are older to a higher standard. You are also wrong about the answer, so, here is the correct answer. God is not our master!. God can not tell us what to do, he gave us free will!

Bardock42
I said I wouldn't cause I didn't feel like it
She said she wouldn't because God would never ask that (which is wrong since he asked it)

Ther is NO right answer......because to that question it is always what the person would do which is just a fact....no right no wrong.....

Plus your answer is not even an answer to the question because even if yolu think God is not our master this still doesn'T mean that you have to say no...becauwse as you said he can't tell us what to do but we can decide and if s0omeone sais yes this is just as right as someone saying no.

Oh by the way if a god like The Bible god exists he clearly is our master, sure he gave us free will...but he can take it as soon as he wants to.....he is almighty, and our free will would be a privilege not a right.....I am happy that there is no "god"

Atlantis001

Shakyamunison
I said I wouldn't cause I didn't feel like it
She said she wouldn't because God would never ask that (which is wrong since he asked it)

Ther is NO right answer......because to that question it is always what the person would do which is just a fact....no right no wrong.....

Plus your answer is not even an answer to the question because even if yolu think God is not our master this still doesn'T mean that you have to say no...becauwse as you said he can't tell us what to do but we can decide and if s0omeone sais yes this is just as right as someone saying no.

Oh by the way if a god like The Bible god exists he clearly is our master, sure he gave us free will...but he can take it as soon as he wants to.....he is almighty, and our free will would be a privilege not a right.....I am happy that there is no "god"

This is one of the problems with Christianity, the mythology sometimes make no since. The fact is we have free will because we have free will not because some childish God gave it to us. some people are slaves to a childish God! My relationship to God is quite different. Some people have been lie to all of their lives, the fairy tail God that they speak of is not real.

God does not "do", we do.
God does not "need", we need.
God does not "kill", we kill.

Also, I don't know why you seem so upset. I started this thread with the answer that I told you in mind, so for, this thread, what I told you was the correct answer. This is only a discussion forum, don't take it so personally.

Smile and be happy.
I wish you great happiness.

Evil Dead
am I missing something?

a couple of people in this thread have stated, "god would not do that".......why wouldn't he? He's a bad mother****er who does as he pleases. He's the one who reduces cities into salt..........kills millions of children............cripples innocent people........what's killing a few thousand people to him? He does it everyday..........that's how he gets his kicks.

It appears to me that many people in this thread are saying this because they would hope that god would not ask such a thing........in their mind, he wouldn't..........and are completely ignoring all the other more ruthless shit accredited to him..............

He wouldn't want you to fly a plane into a building..........but he would flood the entire planet, killing of 99.99% of life on it in one fell swoop.........human and non-human alike? What, does god just love buildings or something?........'cause based on all accounts......he/she/it doesn't regard human life in such a high manner.

(yes.......I'm taking this thread in the hypothetical situation that there really is a god, an intelligent being that created all matter when in fact I do not believe in a god of this sense of the word).

debbiejo

The Bible God as portrayed is not the True god at all...It's only one of many views of what god is through a religion.....The true God transcends religions....and wouldn't corherse anyone to do anything....

And yes cking....I know I quoted Jesus....

Of all the teachings of Jesus only a few made it into the Bible...There were hundreds of texts not included......Jesus was not god.....But I taught us what god is......

And BTW....throw everything out that Paul EVER SAID.....He strayed from the true teaching of Jesus....and Christianity was based on him/Paul.......

Bardock42
Oh boy why do people always think I take things personal.....its like they think its there chance to "win" a debate.

Ok i will tell you again....it doesn't matter if you think God exists, and it doesn't matter if you had an answer in mind because the topic of the thread was not "Guess Shakyas Answer" but "What would you do", which clearly is no right or wrong questions.

I agree there is no such God...but in your question you implied what we would do IF there was such a God (A God like the Christian faith preaches) ... therefore using "God would never do that" or "God doesn't exist" since in this hypothetical case you establishe both that God does exis and that he would ask us to do it....therefore the only two answers can be Yes I would or No I wouldn't which both are equally valid and can't just be said to be wrong.

I will smile and be happy as soon as I will have to stop telling people what they do wrong....ergo never sad

Oh and Christian Mythology doesn'T contradict itself....it said he gave us Free Will....that he is almighty and can take it from us is no contradiction to that......and refrain from talking like your belief is and must be truth:

"God does not "do", we do.
God does not "kill", we kill."

this

"The fact is we have free will because we have free will not because some childish God gave it to us."

and this....you don't really know if that's true so state that it is your opinion......

Shakyamunison
Oh boy why do people always think I take things personal.....its like they think its there chance to "win" a debate.

Yes, everyone else is wrong. You are right, oh mighty Bardock42.

Maybe it's the way you say things, or maybe it's because you take it personally. How old are you, anyway? I don't care about win.

Bardock42
I never said I was right aboot all I said...some of it is just my personal opinion...some is right though because of some basic logical rules....and not everyone else is wron just some things you said in this context are wrong. Oh by the way...do you take it personal? I mean because you didn't answer to what I said but just to the personal thing (which I just said because people on other Message boards just recently accused me of that)

Maybe its the way I say things...possible....well I do not....just believe me and take what I said not how I said it...so could I ask you to answer to my post now?

Oh yes I am 19 by the way...not that it matters but anyways.
And there is no win in a Debate that'S why I used " I was just reffering to the behaviour of some posters that seem to think they have to win and use all cheap tricks but no real arguements.

Again, I stated some facts, why don't you answer to them now instead of to that post, because this post is not necessary to the arguement but only to clarify things.

Shakyamunison
am I missing something?

a couple of people in this thread have stated, "god would not do that".......why wouldn't he? He's a bad mother****er who does as he pleases. He's the one who reduces cities into salt..........kills millions of children............cripples innocent people........what's killing a few thousand people to him? He does it everyday..........that's how he gets his kicks.

It appears to me that many people in this thread are saying this because they would hope that god would not ask such a thing........in their mind, he wouldn't..........and are completely ignoring all the other more ruthless shit accredited to him..............

He wouldn't want you to fly a plane into a building..........but he would flood the entire planet, killing of 99.99% of life on it in one fell swoop.........human and non-human alike? What, does god just love buildings or something?........'cause based on all accounts......he/she/it doesn't regard human life in such a high manner.

(yes.......I'm taking this thread in the hypothetical situation that there really is a god, an intelligent being that created all matter when in fact I do not believe in a god of this sense of the word).

Hi Evil Dead

You make me laughing

This God thing in Christianity is such a big contradiction. I am so glad that I am a Buddhist.

Bardock42
The Bible God as portrayed is not the True god at all...It's only one of many views of what god is through a religion.....The true God transcends religions....and wouldn't corherse anyone to do anything....

And yes cking....I know I quoted Jesus....

Of all the teachings of Jesus only a few made it into the Bible...There were hundreds of texts not included......Jesus was not god.....But I taught us what god is......

And BTW....throw everything out that Paul EVER SAID.....He strayed from the true teaching of Jesus....and Christianity was based on him/Paul.......

Doesn't matter in this Hypothetical Situation were "god" asked us to do it....

Shakyamunison
I never said I was right aboot all I said...some of it is just my personal opinion...some is right though because of some basic logical rules....and not everyone else is wron just some things you said in this context are wrong. Oh by the way...do you take it personal? I mean because you didn't answer to what I said but just to the personal thing (which I just said because people on other Message boards just recently accused me of that)

Maybe its the way I say things...possible....well I do not....just believe me and take what I said not how I said it...so could I ask you to answer to my post now?

Oh yes I am 19 by the way...not that it matters but anyways.
And there is no win in a Debate that'S why I used " I was just reffering to the behaviour of some posters that seem to think they have to win and use all cheap tricks but no real arguements.

Again, I stated some facts, why don't you answer to them now instead of to that post, because this post is not necessary to the arguement but only to clarify things.

laughing

I don't know what you are talking about.

I might have missed what you are talking about. I'm only human, ans I miss things from time to time.

So, take a deep breath, and ask again.

I will look at it later, I now have to go. BTW I still like you Bardock42.

Bardock42
I am talking aboot that:

Ok i will tell you again....it doesn't matter if you think God exists, and it doesn't matter if you had an answer in mind because the topic of the thread was not "Guess Shakyas Answer" but "What would you do", which clearly is no right or wrong questions.

I agree there is no such God...but in your question you implied what we would do IF there was such a God (A God like the Christian faith preaches) ... therefore using "God would never do that" or "God doesn't exist" since in this hypothetical case you establishe both that God does exis and that he would ask us to do it....therefore the only two answers can be Yes I would or No I wouldn't which both are equally valid and can't just be said to be wrong.

I will smile and be happy as soon as I will have to stop telling people what they do wrong....ergo never sad

Oh and Christian Mythology doesn'T contradict itself....it said he gave us Free Will....that he is almighty and can take it from us is no contradiction to that......and refrain from talking like your belief is and must be truth:

"God does not "do", we do.
God does not "kill", we kill."

this

"The fact is we have free will because we have free will not because some childish God gave it to us."

and this....you don't really know if that's true so state that it is your opinion......

Well You quoted the beginning but didn't go into the other part, which made me believ you saw the post.....

I did...did I not?

Ok....well I am rather indifferent to you but I could say that I like talking to you or reading youtr posts more than others........

Storm

No. I value other human beings - my consideration for other people is not based upon what god tells me to do.

cking
in my faith, our consideration is based on what God says, which is always the right thing to do if you think about it.

Shakyamunison
I am talking aboot that:

Well You quoted the beginning but didn't go into the other part, which made me believ you saw the post.....

I did...did I not?

Ok....well I am rather indifferent to you but I could say that I like talking to you or reading youtr posts more than others........

I know nothing...

I use the language and the way I write to get my point out in as few words a possible. I'm not a good speller and sometimes I can't spell the word I want to say, so I say the word I can spell. I am extremely dyslexic, if you talked to me in person you would understand that I do not believe that I am better than you.

I have a lot of pain still in my heart, from the days when I HATED Christians. Talking to you and others is helping me understand this pain. I am sorry if, form time to time, you see the pain in me.

I am tired of this thread. Lets start a new one.

debbiejo
AngelGirl is around 14 and she got the right answer.

I think we should worship her then.... stick out tongue

cking
no, that is OK I don't worship humans.

Bardock42
no, that is OK I don't worship humans.

No you just worship fictional characters....Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I know nothing...

I use the language and the way I write to get my point out in as few words a possible. I'm not a good speller and sometimes I can't spell the word I want to say, so I say the word I can spell. I am extremely dyslexic, if you talked to me in person you would understand that I do not believe that I am better than you.

I have a lot of pain still in my heart, from the days when I HATED Christians. Talking to you and others is helping me understand this pain. I am sorry if, form time to time, you see the pain in me.

I am tired of this thread. Lets start a new one.

Well ok......so I guess what you meantt is that Angel Girl had the answer you agree for a 14 yr. old.....that's good.

Storm
in my faith, our consideration is based on what God says, which is always the right thing to do if you think about it.
If god came down and told us that it wanted us to steal, lie, ... would you do it? Or would you continue on as a good person regardless of what a god might or might not tell you? If the latter, then you are a moral person and the god you believe in is ultimately irrelevant to your morality. If the former, then you aren' t actually a moral person - you are just "obeying orders" from a being more powerful than you.

cking
God does not tell us to lie,cheat, or steal. God is always good, no bad is in him. If God tells us something that is important, then it is good for our sake and it is not evil.

xmarksthespot
But under the parameters of this thread your god is telling you to fly a plane into a building. Do you do it out of faith that it is god who knows best? Or do you make a judgement on your own moral terms, defy the will of your god and refuse to fly the plane?

cking
God doesn't tell people to fly in buildings, god doesn't test people like that.

Evil Dead
what makes you think it's a test? Why isn't it god just giving you a direct command?.........just as your Christian god has commanded things from men since the beginning of your religion......actually before the beginning of your religion. Are you now saying that God doesn't tell humans what to do?..........'cause I know of 10 things your god tells it's people to do and not to do........commands........actually commandments.

Thou Shalt have no other god before me
Thou shalt not commit unto thee any graven images
Thou shalt commit no murder
Thou shalt not steal
Thou shalt not commit adultry
Thou shalt not bear any false witness
Remember the Sabath day, keep it holy
Hey cking, thou shalt fly a plane into a building

what's the difference here?

lil bitchiness
Closed on the request of the thread starter.

lil bitchiness
Re-opened on the request of the thread starter.

Bardock42
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Shakyamunison
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought is was time again. So, would you?

debbiejo
I wouldn't...........I don't even like to kill bugs......Though I do mercy killings.......

Mindship
If doing so brought about world peace, ended prejudice, poverty, famine and disease, taught us to respect our environment and pre-empted broadcast college basketball...yes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
If doing so brought about world peace, ended prejudice, poverty, famine and disease, taught us to respect our environment and pre-empted broadcast college basketball...yes.

eek! We would never learn those things, and the only time there will be peace on Earth is when the flames of the sun burns the surface bare. Now that is a positive outlook. laughing

markie

Please do not get upset with me, I believe this is a valid question. Where do you draw the line between acceptable and radical? No, if god would say that it would be the wrong god.

Bardock42
I thought is was time again. So, would you?

Sure, why not.

Depends, what are the exact terms of said bargain?

Shakyamunison
Sure, why not.

eek! You scare me. laughing

Bardock42
eek! You scare me. laughing

I edited.

WrathfulDwarf
Not really, it could be the Devil inpersonating God. So I would tell him...no.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Not really, it could be the Devil inpersonating God. So I would tell him...no.

Or it could be a Chocolate Squishy that you have mistaken for god.

WrathfulDwarf
Doubt it...I would have eaten that Squishy the minute I saw it. Is gotta be the Devil...I blame him.

Bardock42
Doubt it...I would have eaten that Squishy the minute I saw it. Is gotta be the Devil...I blame him.

Hmm...okay...what if it was 100% certain that he was God though?

WrathfulDwarf
If it is100% certain God, then I would ask him.....Why? then wait for his answer. Sounds good?

BackFire

Hell no. If God asked me to do that I would refuse based on the fact that obviously, if he asked me to do this, he would have to be an evil god, and one that I'd definately want nothing to do with.

_Sanctuary_
If I thought it was "God" I still wouldn't do it.

I'd probably assume that I was going crazy.

Bardock42
If it is100% certain God, then I would ask him.....Why? then wait for his answer. Sounds good?

Yeah...I almost agree, although I'd modify the question to "What will I get for it?" ...assumin God speaks english.

WrathfulDwarf
You know Bardock....one thing that puzzles me is the comment everyone is making on this scenerio regarding killing human beings.

As I read the first post correctly it says:

Please do not get upset with me, I believe this is a valid question.

Now...where does it say that there are humans inside the building? seems to me that the people mentioning human death tolls are thinking 9/11. Also, what kind of building? Is it an empty abandoned building? A building in ruins or a new building?

What about me the guy flying the plane? Do I also have to die? Why couldn't I just put the plane on auto-pilot and jump off the plane?

If God tells me "WD, go and fly a plane into an empty old building and the jump" Heck! Sounds like FUN! I'll do it!
Catching my drift? wink

Shakyamunison
You know Bardock....one thing that puzzles me is the comment everyone is making on this scenerio regarding killing human beings.

As I read the first post correctly it says:

Now...where does it say that there are humans inside the building? seems to me that the people mentioning human death tolls are thinking 9/11. Also, what kind of building? Is it an empty abandoned building? A building in ruins or a new building?

What about me the guy flying the plane? Do I also have to die? Why couldn't I just put the plane on auto-pilot and jump off the plane?

If God tells me "WD, go and fly a plane into an empty old building and the jump" Heck! Sounds like FUN! I'll do it!
Catching my drift? wink

I guess I never specified, but I was referring to 9-11. wink

Bardock42
I guess I never specified, but I was referring to 9-11. wink

So, the scenario is this:

God walks into a Bar (Of course I am in the Bar) and say..."Hey, Bardock, my friend, fly that Plane into this 3000 people Skyscraper"
...and nothing?

Well then, "no" is the only reasonable answer....mostly because I wenjoy living quite a bit.

The Black Ghost
"Anyday for you God. Just supply the plane and Ill be flying it strait to my private airfeild *cough* err... I mean- into the tower."

-This is one of those questions like: if time travel was possible would you go into the future? It is irrelevant because neither will ever happen. Why even think about it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
"Anyday for you God. Just supply the plane and Ill be flying it strait to my private airfeild *cough* err... I mean- into the tower."

-This is one of those questions like: if time travel was possible would you go into the future? It is irrelevant because neither will ever happen. Why even think about it.

Because it tells us who the nuts are so we can stay clear of them. laughing

Wesker
I'd first ask to see God's credentials. Then I'd be like "What's the perks?" Depending on what he says at this point, I might be Kamikaze.

StyleTime
It depends.

If God actually came down, revealed his existence to me, and told me do to it, of course I would.

If I just heard some voice in my head tell me to kamikaze some building, I'd promptly discontinue use of the drug I was on.

Darth Jello
i'd probably drink another glass of absinthe and wait for god to turn back into princess leia

Super Kal El
No because it could be a test by god a greed test, and if you lose or take the bait not even the Devil will would want such a physcho.

Bardock42
Okay now, can you please clarify. If I run that plane into the building...do I get a nice cozy spot in Heaven in exchange?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Super Kal El
No because it could be a test by god a greed test, and if you lose or take the bait not even the Devil will would want such a physcho. Oh, no not another "God" test..... eek! .

Shakyamunison
Not a test, this is a command. stick out tongue

soleran30
God, a truly loving God would never ask his child to do that. Well I suppose you are speaking of the christian type God it wouldn't happen. Not to mention God would be telling you to commit suicide, very bad.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by soleran30
God, a truly loving God would never ask his child to do that. Well I suppose you are speaking of the christian type God it wouldn't happen. Not to mention God would be telling you to commit suicide, very bad.

I always worry about people who put restrictions on God. stick out tongue

T.M

No. I wouldn't, I would say "do your own dirty work god"

soleran30

I specified christian God for a reason....................first thats not my God and second off scriptures it says that kind of stuff is bad wink

Wesker
Well, if God isn't really that good, who the hell wants to obey him?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wesker
Well, if God isn't really that good, who the hell wants to obey him?

From my religious view point, the idea of obeying or disobeying God is ridiculous.

finti
yeah have a bud and relax

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
yeah have a bud and relax

Drink a dub or smoke a bud? eek! laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>