Who could possibly be being described here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
"You have a very strong belief in right and wrong, but you must learn to have more compassion for those who are on the wrong track. You are strongly tempted to preach to people who are in error, and you may do this at times. But then everyone will watch you to see what kinds of mistakes you make. If you can be more humble and realize that you do not have all the answers, you can convert the negative elements of this aspect to a very positive energy. Others will feel very good about you, knowing they can trust you to do whatever is right and necessary in a situation

... you have an active mind, and you enjoy talking about ideas with people and sharing their thinking. But you may find it difficult to reach agreements with others, because you state your own opinions so energetically, even forcibly, that you put people off. You must learn to control the way you express yourself somewhat. You may come across with so much nervous energy that others feel confused or unsettled. Also it is important to learn to listen carefully to others, which you can do very well when you choose to, and find out what they have to say."

Any wild guesses?

This is from a horoscope website. Crap or otherwise, it;s interesting stuff and I know a fair few people around here like this sort of thing. Why not check it out anyway?

www.astro.com

yerssot
is that... ?
could it be???

http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/forums/images/smilies/new/spam.gif

mah
this could be..could it be..?

yerssot
No! not from Ushgarak himself!
http://www.highwaygames.com/forum/images/smilies/spam.gif

Ushgarak
Hardly spamming, yerss. Pointing out places of interest has been a function of the GDF from the start- something Raz himsef does, in fact...

yerssot
I know, just an excuse to get some smilies in here big grin

Texas
Reina's slice

mah
well that description could fit several people.

ToMacco
Sounds like you, Ush. I could have written that about you.

Ushgarak
Yup, that was the idea...

mechmoggy
I opened the link but I was overcome by lots of words, I'm too tired to read all that. Maybe I'll have another crack at it tomorrow.

Ushgarak
It's the personality thingy near the top right that you are after.

finti
hmmm so many words so .........zzzzzzzz

queeq
So..zzzzz..... very much Ush... big grin

Sounds pretty accurate, but we wuv you anyway, Ushy. wink

Gundark
That sounded like our Ushawan. I have to go check this out.

queeq
Are you sure you wanna do that?

mechmoggy
I don't understand, was that sarcastic?

yerssot
like ush said, you never know when an englishman is making a joke roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
No Mech, I think he meant the top right part of the web site.

Ushgarak
Nope, not sarcasm. Just there is a ton of stuff on that page; the bit that gets you to the area that gives you your personality tundown is near the top right.

I was sort of hoping that others would post what the place said about them. Well, not all of it, because it says bloody loads of stuff.

mechmoggy
But why would I need a personality? I'm a drunken yob and proud of it. big grin

Ushgarak
Maybe that is what it will say!

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

But how will it know? I don't get it, how can it tell me about me? I'm getting all confused, time for a lie down.

yerssot
or a drink in your case...

Ushgarak
It's either very clever or just so vague that it is always right. Actually, some of the stuff it said about me was rubbish.

Anyway, it requires your name, sex, and exact time and place of birth. You then get this enormous diagram you can click on to get interesting stuff.

There's a seperate one for your love life which is also interesting...

finti
how......girlish

yerssot
how... mah big grin

mah
actually it sounds interesting to see if what it says about me will be true, I'll check it out.

finti
aint it up to others to deceide what you are really like

mah
come again?

ToMacco
I already know what I'm like, so I don't need to check it out.

Ushgarak
Well, I was more interested in seeing how accurate it was rather than learning more about myself.

Captain REX
Why are you guys saying that's about Ush? It's about me... stick out tongue

queeq
You're Ush's sock?

yerssot
well, I really hope you wash yourself from time to time...

queeq
We do that even when you're not a sock.

yerssot
tell that to Tex!

Gundark
This is me in the Mars zone....I just clicked on the map at random.

You have a great deal of physical energy as well as a vigorous mind. Everything that you do, you do positively and assertively without any great effort. You are not especially conscious of being strong and assertive. It just comes out naturally.

You do not like to keep still or stay cooped up for any length of time, because you need to release energy continually. However, you are not terribly impatient, and you can control your energies as long as necessary. You have a strong sense of fairness and justice, and you will stand up for what you believe. If a friend is unjustly attacked, you will defend him. In a way, you regard your friends as being part of you, so that an attack on them is an attack on you, to which you react accordingly. For this reason you are a good team worker and player, although you can work by yourself if need be. You don't especially need others in order to be effective, but you can work in harmony with them. However, it isn't easy for you to adjust your goals to match other people's so it would be better to seek out those who agree with you on important matters.

You have good health and need to be active. Try to engage in some physical activity as often as possible; otherwise you will begin to feel itchy and restless, as the energy within you tries to find release.

finti
ok confused

Gundark
finti obviously didn't read the whole thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Did you find it at all accurate, Gundy?

badkittykitty
I was bored so I started digging around the old threads..and came across this..very interesting ush..mine was pretty true one part especially grabbed me here

"You are naturally responsive to other people's needs, and many will look to you for sympathy and understanding. Don't let anyone mistake your empathy and diplomacy for weakness, or people will try to manipulate you and take advantage of your willingness to listen"
this is something thats happened to me quite frequently I give a inch they want a mile..the one thing Id like to change about myself,I'm a sucker for a sob story then end up in a quagmire.

finti
you dug deep

Ushgarak
Good Lord, BKK!

yerssot
*reads first few posts*
hmmm, mah was active huh stick out tongue

could go for some meat now actually

Corran
I did this and I got this.

You were born with the Sun in Aries and the Moon in Aquarius. There is no better combination, for you are a person of charm, originality, and spontaneity. You are fascinated by eccentric and unorthodox subjects.

You make friends easily and willingly embrace ideas that appear progressive. You are a humanist by nature and you seem to have an old-world gift for prophecy and the miraculous.

A positive and clear-thinking person, you matter-of-factly assume command of any enterprise. Your powers of persuasion defy opposition. You add just the right inflection of humor, so that you are rarely caught in a serious mood. This is one of your most attractive characteristics.

Your individuality comes under the influence of the Sun in Aries, which will eventually put you in a position of authority. But the position of the Moon inclines you toward the unusual. The aspects of your personality assure you success and popularity in life. However, you should avoid attempting to force your views on other people for their own good.

The key to a better integration of yourself lies in realizing that attempts to improve the environment always generate the opposite effect.

Ushgarak
Happy with that, Corran?

BTW, I miss terms like 'Ushawan'...

Corran
dunno, I think it make me sound a bit wierd confused

Trinity_Matrix
Oooh, astrology stuff...I love astrology, almost everything they say say about my sign (Aquarius) is true about me, it's kinda creepy and really cool, I think yes

Picking and choosing the things it said about me...

"Throughout your life you will assume a reserved, quiet, analytical, critical, and receptive attitude.
Although you are not an individual with a very strong ambition, you possess the ability to persevere and exert ingenuity.
Some selfishness is noted. However, if you are able to counteract this trait with your natural helpful and sympathetic attitude and address your positive qualities to resolve the problems of others then you will accomplish your highest spiritual duties and your degree of consciousness and perception will be expanded.
You are very attentive to detail and this makes you a good worker, especially so in those jobs that require a great deal of precision and observation. You have a desire for purity and though you don't mind relating to others there is something that you do dislike: continuous intrusion of your privacy. Business and practicality should be very important in your life. Although we are not advising you to turn against your natural traits, which make you slightly reserved, we would suggest that when in love you let yourself relax and respond so as to be able to return some of the affection you are receiving.
Life will find you in many situations in which you will function as advisor and counsellor; make use of these opportunities to project the power of your creativeness."

Yeah. For the most part, that is WAY too true about me blink

silver_tears
This is my horoscope confused

The life of the party
This is a very lighthearted time, when you should be able to relax and enjoy yourself with friends and loved ones. You will enjoy being with groups of people, and you will wish to express your feelings of affection. Your favor will extend even to the point that you want to share it with everyone. This is also a good time to go out and meet people. You will not have the fear and shyness that may sometimes make it difficult for you to encounter new people, nor will you need to worry about making a bad impression on the people you meet. This influence helps to ensure you will make a favorable impression upon everyone. If you usually enjoy being the life of the party, you will certainly have the chance to play this role now.

Pingu
Scorpio Horoscope for today -

Family relations come under the spotlight when a young male relative seems to be doing anything to get noticed. There will be mixed views on how to deal with the situation especially if it looks as if he's going to get himself into trouble. Rules made, will be broken when he's in such a nebulous frame of mind. Maybe more time spent together as a family, will make a difference.

Wow thats kind of scarily accurate for my life right at the mo... blink

silver_tears
they have hidden cams ninja

Pingu
Noooooo! They cant do that I'm not photogenic... *Puts bag over head*bag

silver_tears
*hides behind book case* ninja

Gundark
Here we go digging up old threads again.

Always interesting, that.

Yes, Corran dear, that seems to describe you, although it did leave out the bit about your passionate kisses.....

I forgot all about 'Ushawan' ! Gee, the names we have come up with over the years....

Corran
Yes they left that out and the bit about my special talents evil face

Gundark
And those too. Maybe I should tweak that description a bit....

Corran
go on then, what's the worst that could happen?

Darth Revan
Um... Lemme think... YOU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.