Sentry vs Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Sentry vs Superman Prime

olympian
The two biggest Hype so far.

Superman Prime " from what i hear he did but never saw it "

kgkg
Originally posted by olympian
The two biggest Hype so far.

Superman Prime " from what i hear he did but never saw it "
Superman power from one SUn

Sentry power of millions of stars do the math

olympian
"Superman power from one SUn

Sentry power of millions of stars do the math"

And both did actually anything on actual feats that we`ve seen on panel.

Like i said, its Hype.

kgkg
"Superman power from one SUn

Sentry power of millions of stars do the math"

And both did actually anything on actual feats that we`ve seen on panel.

Like i said, its Hype.
actually not true

Sentry contained the Void with his powers.

olympian
Was that actually seen? And did Void had actually the power they say he had. Like total destruction or something.

Sentry then, one feat is better than none.

kgkg
Was that actually seen? And did Void had actually the power they say he had. Like total destruction or something.

Sentry then, one feat is better than none.
That's what the void is , sentry had to use powers of millions of stars to contain him ( that's how powerful the void is)

whirlysplat
I have the trade here and do not see this happeningbig grin tell me the pagebig grin

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I have the trade here and do not see this happeningbig grin tell me the pagebig grin

eat that

Million stars vs One sun ------------ Sentry all the way

long pig
Eat it foo'!

So, basically Sentry IS that powerful, but he can't use it because it will end up killing earth via the Void.

The potential of a million stars, but unable to use it. Kinda interesting, that's how he will fit in with the rest of the MU, he'll probably normally be on Thor's league, but potentially can be near Galactus' league.

whirlysplat
We don't really know what that means if its everytime he uses his powers or whatbig grin Context Kg

long pig
True, but it sounded self explainitory to me.
Everytime he uses his full power, he unleashes the Void which has negative effects on the Earth and his friends.

So in a comic, Prime would win(cuz Sentry must hold back), but in these threads where they fighters fight to the best of their abilities and don't hold back, Sentry wins.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
True, but it sounded self explainitory to me.
Everytime he uses his full power, he unleashes the Void which has negative effects on the Earth and his friends.

So in a comic, Prime would win(cuz Sentry must hold back), but in these threads where they fighters fight to the best of their abilities and don't hold back, Sentry wins.

Lets see sentry in action first, till then its all talk big grin

leonidas
not enough known about prime either. he may well be in g's league. we've seen how powerful supes can be with just a brief visit to the sun - if he was in there for 15 000 years, + developed all these new powers he is supposed to have developed over the course of his journeys . . .

too little known about either to make this a worthwhile thread.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
not enough known about prime either. he may well be in g's league. we've seen how powerful supes can be with just a brief visit to the sun - if he was in there for 15 000 years, + developed all these new powers he is supposed to have developed over the course of his journeys . . .

too little known about either to make this a worthwhile thread.
supes powered by one Sun , Still can be drained by the way

Sentry powers of Million Stars, and like Quasar Sentry can control light

The winner is very clear

Sentry going by what is said

kgkg
We don't really know what that means if its everytime he uses his powers or whatbig grin Context Kg
From what I understood whirly

Sentry powers can be limitless

Therefore power of a million suns is not unbelievable he contained the void after all

leonidas
<<supes powered by one Sun , Still can be drained by the way>>

stop assuming kg, you have absolutely no idea if this is true. if his mental powers have developed to where some say they have (high level cosmic), it's very likely he COULDN'T be drained (like 1000 000 is not supposed to be able to be) and then it is sentry who is seriously screwed - even if he IS using full power.

and million suns v one sun?? huh?? yeah, and glads can 'rip stars with his bare hands'. uh-huh.

it's not that hard, really - reg supes is in thor's league - many say just above, many say just below. sentry, according to some, will be just above thor - maybe. reg supes, after a BRIEF visit to the sun is damn near unstoppable and above thor. it is hard to imagine how much power he would gain having been there 15 000 YEARS!!! i'd say, based only on his brief visists to the sun, that he would be . . . rather powerful. factor in a bunch of powers he supposedly developed that are brand new, AND a gl ring wielded by perhaps the strongest willed character ever, and well . . .

but in the end, it doesn't matter - we can speculate on their powers all night - we don't know enough about either one. ESPECIALLY prime, who barely made an appearance at all.

kgkg
Just like how Supes 1 million can't be hurt by kryptonite big grin

Not assuming, mental powers? ya well power of a million stars should be enough to drain him.

Normal superman, got effected by Polaris, not a guess can you prove it its wrong?

ya he can , it's from rite from the comic book ( narrator) ohhh ya

acording to some

ya thor has power of a million stars
roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
<<not a guess can you prove it its wrong?>>

prove you're right in regards to prime. you cann't. like i can't prove the obverse. speculation, speculation.

<<ya he can , it's from rite from the comic book ( narrator) ohhh ya>>

HA! that makes it more true than if glads says so himself, or if 1000 000 says he can blow them out? and about the kryptonite - WAS it in the past or in supe's time? (couldn't remember the thread i asked that in)

<<ya thor has power of a million stars>>

and actually, if you want to be picky, since his hammer can drive off galactus and stagger a celestial who is capable of destroying a UNIVERSE (hundreds of billions of stars) and since mjollnir was given power by odin who can destroy galaxies (HUNDREDS of millions of stars) then maybe thor's hammer DOES have the power of a 'million exploding suns'. (that is an idiotic catch-phrase by the way . . .)

as i said, we can speculate all night long . . .

EvilCap America
Sentry Scarlet Witch Pheonix crerating the universe.What do all these have in common?Newly hyped up crap thats likely to get jobbed/retroconned weaker in a short time .God i hate Marvel

DC 1 Million was kind of overblown but at LEAST it had a logcial and long enough progression and didnt just get pulled out of a writers ass

Cosmic Cube
<<supes powered by one Sun , Still can be drained by the way>>

stop assuming kg, you have absolutely no idea if this is true. if his mental powers have developed to where some say they have (high level cosmic), it's very likely he COULDN'T be drained (like 1000 000 is not supposed to be able to be) and then it is sentry who is seriously screwed - even if he IS using full power.

and million suns v one sun?? huh?? yeah, and glads can 'rip stars with his bare hands'. uh-huh.

it's not that hard, really - reg supes is in thor's league - many say just above, many say just below. sentry, according to some, will be just above thor - maybe. reg supes, after a BRIEF visit to the sun is damn near unstoppable and above thor. it is hard to imagine how much power he would gain having been there 15 000 YEARS!!! i'd say, based only on his brief visists to the sun, that he would be . . . rather powerful. factor in a bunch of powers he supposedly developed that are brand new, AND a gl ring wielded by perhaps the strongest willed character ever, and well . . .

but in the end, it doesn't matter - we can speculate on their powers all night - we don't know enough about either one. ESPECIALLY prime, who barely made an appearance at all.

Assuming that he actually posesses mental powers...

Superman Prime is called the Living Sun, no?

Cosmic Cube
<<not a guess can you prove it its wrong?>>

prove you're right in regards to prime. you cann't. like i can't prove the obverse. speculation, speculation.

<<ya he can , it's from rite from the comic book ( narrator) ohhh ya>>

HA! that makes it more true than if glads says so himself, or if 1000 000 says he can blow them out? and about the kryptonite - WAS it in the past or in supe's time? (couldn't remember the thread i asked that in)

<<ya thor has power of a million stars>>

and actually, if you want to be picky, since his hammer can drive off galactus and stagger a celestial who is capable of destroying a UNIVERSE (hundreds of billions of stars) and since mjollnir was given power by odin who can destroy galaxies (HUNDREDS of millions of stars) then maybe thor's hammer DOES have the power of a 'million exploding suns'. (that is an idiotic catch-phrase by the way . . .)

Odin can destroy a Galaxy? What the f**k?

kgkg
Prime is just a amp up superman with Gl ring
Narration don't lie, nice try

False.

Drive of weak galactus (that was ignoring him) he tried that other time, he couldn't even break G's shield (when extremely weak)

Stagger Celestial -- were they letting him? I saw once he tried it had no effect what so ever.

His hammer has no effect on Jugs also

He doesn't again nice try leo

If he does he own superman with one shot smile

leonidas
<<Odin can destroy a Galaxy>>

well, since his battle with seth 'shook them' i don't see why odin couldn't destroy one. can't prove or disprove it, really. don't recall him ever really TRYING to destroy one. besides, i was in the 'speculating' mood . . . it's in the air ya know.

<<Assuming that he actually posesses mental powers...>>

case in point. don't forget, i'm the one saying too little info exists on both.

Cosmic Cube
<<Odin can destroy a Galaxy>>

well, since his battle with seth 'shook them' i don't see why odin couldn't destroy one. can't prove or disprove it, really. don't recall him ever really TRYING to destroy one. besides, i was in the 'speculating' mood . . . it's in the air ya know.

<<Assuming that he actually posesses mental powers...>>

case in point. don't forget, i'm the one saying too little info exists on both.

Shaking and destroying are two different things. I can shake a car...

I understand your position, but if both speculations are correct, it seems that Sentry is the superior. 1,000,000 to 1.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Shaking and destroying are two different things. I can shake a car...

I understand your position, but if both speculations are correct, it seems that Sentry is the superior. 1,000,000 to 1.
Odin didn't shake a galaxy he created a shockwave throughout the multiverse( much better)

and no I don't think he can destroy a galaxy , he above thanos that's all

Solar System destoying powers around there

cool

leonidas
an amped up supes with a gl ring, eh. damn, did he ASK you to do his unauthorized biography? dude, you are GUESSING!! we know enough to know his powers were great enough that he himself empowered the entire superman dynatsy. we saw what he did with that ring - something basically a universe of heroes couldn't do. mit is said "IN NARRATION" that he became a god. we've seen 'amped' supes with a brief visit to the sun. are you not getting it? think how much he would have absorbed in 15 000 years!!! + his unknown powers gained whiled he explored time, space, universes, dimensions, . . .

amped up supes, eh. RIIIIGGHHHHTTTTTT . . .

<<Narration don't lie, nice try>>

hahahah! you've GOT to be kidding . . . does that depend on who the narrator is?

<<Stagger Celestial -- were they letting him?>>

hahahah! oh yeah, it just had nothing to do so it let itself get staggered . . . smile

<<He doesn't again nice try leo>>

hhahahh. just cuz you say? i say he staggered EXITAR, so it DOES have the power of a million exploding suns. (actually maybe greater, since a million suns exploding would probably not even be NOTICED by exitar . . .)

and he WOULD own supes - some times.

kgkg
amped up supes , no feats stopping Solaris that's all

Going by bio
1 mil suns vs 1 sun

And it doesn't matter how long you have been on the sun.

Supes is stong when near the Sun , but once he comes back to earth his energy returns to normal , he might be getting stronger but he is much stronger near the star

Again going by Bio sentry wins

well if gladiator keeps babilating

and has shown he can fly faster than 100X light speed
- has been called the physical stongest the universe
- Can move planets
- Limtless power like hulk ( with confidence)

not hard to beileve , yes he has lost many matches he is written like a sissy and is hardly using any of his powers.

and let's not talk about him here

Galactus , Jugs , Korvac , SS stoped it in motion , MM do i need to go on?

lol Thor hammer is bad , but his hammers has no effect on some peepz that are not G's level

Not if he has power of stars leo ( like you said)

leonidas
<<and no I don't think he can destroy a galaxy>>

PRECISELY my point - you THINK. you can't disprove it -- his battle shook the multiverse - WAAAAYYYYYYY bigger than a galaxy. so why not destroy a galaxy? can't be proven or disproven.

<<I understand your position, but if both speculations are correct, it seems that Sentry is the superior. 1,000,000 to 1.>>

okay. how many 'exploding suns' does galactus have? 500 000? 1000 000? 5 000 000? the suns is a meaningless reference. in 80 000 years how many 'suns' worth of energy would supes have gathered?? suns don't just 'stop radiating' so conceiveably he could have absorbed energy from BILLIONS of suns. clearly he had more power than 'one sun' since he crushed solaris ('one sun') without apparent effort. so how many suns does prime have? it's a ludicrous way to compare power.

kgkg
<<and no I don't think he can destroy a galaxy>>

PRECISELY my point - you THINK. you can't disprove it -- his battle shook the multiverse - WAAAAYYYYYYY bigger than a galaxy. so why not destroy a galaxy? can't be proven or disproven.

<<I understand your position, but if both speculations are correct, it seems that Sentry is the superior. 1,000,000 to 1.>>

okay. how many 'exploding suns' does galactus have? 500 000? 1000 000? 5 000 000? the suns is a meaningless reference. in 80 000 years how many 'suns' worth of energy would supes have gathered?? suns don't just 'stop radiating' so conceiveably he could have absorbed energy from BILLIONS of suns. clearly he had more power than 'one sun' since he crushed solaris ('one sun') without apparent effort. so how many suns does prime have? it's a ludicrous way to compare power.
We have to use brain power and analyze

Someone at G’s level can destroy Galaxies been proven

Destroying a galaxy --------- If he can do that, and Thanos is near his level

so Thanos can destroy half a galaxy

see the flaw in that logic

and if Thanos could destroy half a galaxy ------ then ........

leonidas
<<and let's not talk about him here>>

deal. our discussions always DO seem to come around to him, don't they . . .

and oh, thor would still have to HIT him with that power - -which he would - some times . . .

later

leonidas
<<We have to use brain power and analyze>>

i've been trying to say that. but we have no point of reference for comparisons. 1000 000 suns doesn't make sense. if you want to look at it literally, then it's what i said. i really don't think it was ever MEANT to be taken literally. which is why using it as a base of discussion and a 'proof' of power makes no sense.

sentry is SAID to be very powerful. prime is SAID to be very powerful. that's all we know for sure.

later. again.

Cosmic Cube
<<and let's not talk about him here>>

deal. our discussions always DO seem to come around to him, don't they . . .

and oh, thor would still have to HIT him with that power - -which he would - some times . . .

later

Actually, in the thread, it sounded like you believed that Supes could withstand it.

kgkg
Sentry has power of million of Suns meaning

Power of stars he doesn't have absorb sunlight, very different from superman

So all the energy of a star is with him (that’s what it means) X million = Sentry in theory

ImmortalOne
CAN ANYONE TELL ME SENTRY POWER'S ORIGIN, I PUTTED UP A FREAKIN POST IN THE MOVIE FORUMS BUT NOT A SOUL CAN ENLIGHTEN ME...... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT "SERUM" ANYWAY ??

grey fox
Originally posted by kgkg
His hammer has no effect on Jugs also

http://www.cartway-kapers.com/images1/jokes.19.jpg

Ya wanna know what that picture is , thats your quoted statement .

No effect my ass , thor did the one thing that no one else could. He staggered and knocked back the juggernaut (of course he had to use the godforce but that's not the point)

long pig
It only worked on jugs for a brief second, then jugs started walking towards Thor into the godblast, Thor nearly shit his pants.

If it wasn't for the (some new team at the time??) Thor would have been killed.

Sentry
SENTRY WINS!!!

Power of a million exploding suns!!!

He said it himself!!!

If he went all out against Prime, the Void will be unleashed on him too!!!

Prime is fu<ked!!!

Good job kgkg thumbsup

grey fox
Originally posted by long pig
It only worked on jugs for a brief second, then jugs started walking towards Thor into the godblast, Thor nearly shit his pants.

If it wasn't for the (some new team at the time??) Thor would have been killed.

I understand that but knocking back the supposedly unstoppable (once he has started moving) has to be a bit impressive.

ImmortalOne
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
CAN ANYONE TELL ME SENTRY POWER'S ORIGIN, I PUTTED UP A FREAKIN POST IN THE MOVIE FORUMS BUT NOT A SOUL CAN ENLIGHTEN ME...... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT "SERUM" ANYWAY ??
Answer ?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Sentry Scarlet Witch Pheonix crerating the universe.What do all these have in common?Newly hyped up crap thats likely to get jobbed/retroconned weaker in a short time .God i hate Marvel

DC 1 Million was kind of overblown but at LEAST it had a logcial and long enough progression and didnt just get pulled out of a writers ass

Sentry
Kinda like Cap's Super Soldier Serum, only thing with billions of times the potency.

Sentry
Sentry Wins!!!

leonidas
imagine, sentry saying sentry wins! heheh.

once again, the problem with 'the power of a million exploding suns':

IT HAS NO FRAME OF REFERENCE!!!!!! IE - IT IS MEANINGLESS!!

<<Power of stars he doesn't have absorb sunlight, very different from superman>>

it's also different from phoenix. and eternity. and galactus. and odin. and even gladiator, silver surfer, thor and hulk. and pretty much everybody else.

just because it's different doesn't necessarily mean it's better. for a 1000 000 suns to have relevence as a compaison, you need to know how many 'exploding suns' (i can never read/write/say that with a straight face!) empowers other characters. i already pointed out that clearly prime is more powerful than ONE exploding sun (solaris, and that was a living, deadly, computing sun!), so your million - 1 ratio is already out the window. could sentry have walked up to solaris and crushed it without even trying? who knows!! cripes, could galactus have done that?? all we know is that solaris was far more powerful than all of the universes greatest heroes! in contrast, a small group of heroes have chased galactus off several times. hell, thor did it himself once! so, is solaris stronger than a weak g? it would at least appear so based on who they have and have not been able to beat. so, how much stronger? and is he stronger than a strong g? WHO KNOWS!! if he is, or is AS strong as a strong g, and prime crushed him that easily . . .. even if solaris is simply stronger than a weak galactus (which doesn't seem at all illogical to me considering who solaris was beating and who has beaten galactus) that is STILL pretty damn strong!! and again, prime crushed solaris without effort.

kgkg
confused confused

Sentry = power of 1 million suns hope that helps (it’s energy)

Superman is charged by Sun.

Take a superman example he gets energy from the sun he is all powerful for a period of time.

leonidas

long pig
Galactus has 3 joules I think, let me check my joulesometer.

kgkg
<<Sentry = power of 1 million suns hope that helps (it’s energy)>>

actually it doesn't in the least. i suppose it could if i wanted to figure out exactly how much energy that IS (one supernova gives off somewhere around 5x10 to the 45th power joules - does that help you? that's a 5 followed by 45 zeroes and is about 50x as much energy as our sun will put out in its 10 billion year lifetime,) but that STILL doesn't help because last i checked, characters powers aren't denoted in joules. how many joules in galactus's blasts? in the surfer's as he destroys a world? seem ridiculous? that's because it is.

so back to my original question: how many suns does galactus get? how about juggernaut or his force field? thor's hammer? what about tyrant at full strength - does he have more or less than 1000 000 suns inside him? supes recharges at the sun so he somehow has the power of one sun exploding inside him?? supes 1000 000 blows suns out with a breath so clearly he has waayyy more power than just one sun. how many does he get? glads can rip suns to pieces with his hands. how many suns does he get?

you're not getting the frame of reference thing, are you? 1000 000 suns. whoop-dee-friggin'-do!

holy crap - IT IS MEANINGLESS!! you have no frame of comparison - ie - no one else's powers are measured in 'exploding suns'!! geez, it is not that friggin' hard!! and is that when he is at FULL power? if he's not fighting all out, how many suns does he use? 5000? 10 000? why am i harping on this?

because you insist this meaningless drivel '1000 000 exploding suns inside him' translates into sentry being more powerful than prime. that is utter nonsense in the grandest sense of the word. he may BE more powerful, but you need to go on what you see. i think i've done a halfway decent job explaining why i think prime could be viewed as being around at least average galactus level (see above argument re: solaris) you have nothing for sentry other than 'power of a million suns'. GRRREEEAAAATTTTTTTT argument . . .

anywho, i'm done with this thread. pm me if you come up with a real argument, then i'd be happy to continue debating these 2. as it stands, let's move on to our next debate.

wink And your point is?

1 million suns = More powerful than 1 sun

Logic that's all

And no we can't compare other with Sun, because there powers are not based on that.

I get what you are saying leo

Powers Million suns means a lot of power since you average hero can’t even destroy worlds.

After all he contained the void

Since both Superman and Sentry are Sun lovers I tough I would put that in

So if it’s about superman it’s fine , but for sentry it’s stupid

wink

ImmortalOne
Why didnt the creator create thousands of Sentry serums ??

long pig
I think he did, he had to drink them to keep his power up, the he got addicted to them.

ImmortalOne
So what if he stopped drinking it ??

Cosmic Cube
Withdrawal.

skizo
So you created this topic with the predisposed mentality that sentry will win...seems that you only wanted to select someone who you thought wouldnt definately beat prime....by the way prime still wins,cheers mate

ImmortalOne
CC, withdrawal ??

Skizo >> Who the hell do you think you are opposing all the given facts, and marching in this thread just to say PRIME STILL WINS, CHEERS MATE ??

Cheers my a** !!! .... Sorry got a bit carried away back there !!

long pig
Someone powered by one sun vs someone powered by one million suns?
Does that make Sentry one million times more powerful? evil face

ImmortalOne
Technically...... yeah !!

skizo
CC, withdrawal ??

Skizo >> Who the hell do you think you are opposing all the given facts, and marching in this thread just to say PRIME STILL WINS, CHEERS MATE ??

Cheers my a** !!! .... Sorry got a bit carried away back there !!

Opposing all the given facts??? What facts? One fact has been presented One Million stars Versus one star thats all. Nobody gave feats of what Sentry has done. Everything thats been said is merely speculative. SO who do I think i am? I think Im a person who likes to stir up debate considering everyone is on the sentry bandwagon. and if that angers you then so be it. Thats your problem. The least you could have done is handle it with delicacy. and what is this thread all about? im supposed to tell you who I (Emphsis on I) think would win. so whats your beef?

skizo
By the way my first comment was merely a joke

ImmortalOne
THe FACT !!! You wanna know the FACT !!!

FACT = One million stars vs. One star !!!

skizo
I know that.....you said FACTS with an S at the end thus meaning plural, thus meaning more than one, now present these FACTS, and I shall admit defeat I have no problem doing so, I will await your response Immortal

ImmortalOne
SOrry !!! I had a plural problem since kindergarten !!!

whirlysplat
Originally posted by skizo
I know that.....you said FACTS with an S at the end thus meaning plural, thus meaning more than one, now present these FACTS, and I shall admit defeat I have no problem doing so, I will await your response Immortal

Very cool posts from you and Leo, nicesmile

ImmortalOne
Dude I'm so sleepy, bye !!!

skizo
Very cool posts from you and Leo, nicesmile

Thanx alot bro smile

Keep it Whirly

leonidas
jeez, whirly, your catch phrase is catching on!! and thanks. glad i made sense to SOMEONE . . .

whirlysplat
You guys make a lot of sense, trust mesmile

kgkg
THe FACT !!! You wanna know the FACT !!!

FACT = One million stars vs. One star !!!
Superman is more than a star

The bitches at 1 million (heroes) were treating him like a God lol

And Superman prime thinks he is a badmofo

ImmortalOne
The bitches ?? Cmon kgkg, your better than that !!!

THe m*th*fu**in s*ons of a bitc*** !!! Now thats more like it !!

skizo
Hell naw son you tryin to get all gutta wit me we gonna have beef yo

Hahaha sorry I just had to say that, I was compelled by forces unknown

ImmortalOne
Is that by unknown forces or forces unknown ??

skizo
They both mean the same thing

ImmortalOne
Right....

skizo
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm Immortal?

Wanderer259
I can juggle a million suns - while they're exploding, natch.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Wanderer259
I can juggle a million suns - while they're exploding, natch.

Yes I have the power Sentry thinks his He manbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.