Will the sequel be "more fun"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
In what ways do you think the Batman Begins sequel will be different? I didn't mind this one being extra serious for the sake of erasing the stain of the other four movies, but I hope the next one is shorter and more titillating. Obviously there won't be a need for the same level of tedious exposition in the sequel because they've gotten that out of the way. I had hoped that the Scarecrow would have had a more major role, seeing as he is perhaps the most interesting villain in Begins, being more "larger than life" than Ra's Al Ghul. If the Joker is the villain of the next one though, I think it should be inheriently more fun.

Darth Macabre
By fun do you mean a lighter more neon movie? Because if you want that then just watch Batman and Robin over and over again.

DarkAge
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
By fun do you mean a lighter more neon movie? Because if you want that then just watch Batman and Robin over and over again.

Please don't insult me like that. If I wanted to have my intelligence insulted then watching Batman and Robin is what I'd be doing. I'd rather Begins was more realistic than the other extreme, but I just don't want the sequel to be long-winded and boring.

NoFate007
I want just a tad more humor but nothing extravagant. I think the next one will be more enjoyable because he'll have more toys and for the people that see the movie solely for action, won't have to 'sit through the arduous plot" lol

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by DarkAge
Please don't insult me like that. If I wanted to have my intelligence insulted then watching Batman and Robin is what I'd be doing. I'd rather Begins was more realistic than the other extreme, but I just don't want the sequel to be long-winded and boring.

LoL no i was by no means insulting you. Im terribly sorry if you thought I was.

All I want from the sequel is better fight scenes.

Stealth Agent
yea

i do hope the next one has a GOOD story, and has near the same length as it was. This movie was serious and extreme yet very cool.

I dont want them to move over to just doing action now that they covered the stroy of how it began out of the way. Then it would just involve into lame ass batman forever and batman and robin.

i hope the next move is almost as stone cold as this one with a little bit of light humor and fun added in.

NoFate007
Yeah they've gotta keep up the serious tone, it makes it so much better

Ken Kenobi
Oh please, they should not make it any different, I loved the tone of Begins, it humanized the characters much better. Alfred was the source of the humor in Begins and he should do the same in the next. Joker is more than likely going to be next villain (why else would they set up his character in Begins?) but I want him to be evil, maniacal not much humor.

BB_hawk
Batman Begins did everything right to me. I don't think they need to change anything in the second one. To me Batman Begins was one of the best movies of the year. And would think the next one could top it.

Red Superfly
I'd love to see Alfred get dosed with some of the Jokers laughing gas.

It was hilarious in the Animated Series, and it would be awesome in a movie.

((The_Anomaly))
I hope they keep it as close as possible to begins, honestly it was amazing and shouldn't be changed.

Myth
I hope it is just as serious. It is way better that way. I'm hoping that they will do Joker's character in part 2 what they did for Batman's in part 1. Part 1 revolved around the development of Batman. I really hope that they spend a ton of time in part 2 developing Joker. Character development is the key.

WindDancer
I think everyone is concentrating too much on Bale, Freeman, Caine, and who will be next Joker that there isn't much appreciation for Gary Oldman. He defenetly has to return to the role of Jim Gordon. He absolutely was brilliant in that role. Hopefully for the sequel he gets the rank of Commissioner.

NoFate007
One of the first things I said when leaving the theatre was how perfect I thought Oldman was.

Myth
Originally posted by WindDancer
I think everyone is concentrating too much on Bale, Freeman, Caine, and who will be next Joker that there isn't much appreciation for Gary Oldman. He defenetly has to return to the role of Jim Gordon. He absolutely was brilliant in that role. Hopefully for the sequel he gets the rank of Commissioner.

Who? embarrasment

I'm just kidding.

Mainstream
I'm hopping by the 3rd film he becomes Mayor Gorden...just kidding.

NoFate007
lol yeah, Supreme Chancellor Gordon

Mainstream
lol overlord Gordon. laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Oh please, they should not make it any different, I loved the tone of Begins, it humanized the characters much better. Alfred was the source of the humor in Begins and he should do the same in the next. Joker is more than likely going to be next villain (why else would they set up his character in Begins?) but I want him to be evil, maniacal not much humor.

Yeah I totally agree with ken.

Darth Macabre
Gary Oldman was amazing in Begins.

NoFate007
They'll just take out a few letters. Gordon...he'll erase the R-O-N from his name on the door and it'll say: GOD lol

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Gary Oldman was amazing in Begins.

He's pretty much amazing in all his films as well.He is this centurys Alec Guiness.Guiness used to be known by everyone in hollywood as The chameleon because in all his movies he seldom ever looked the same and it was hard to recognize him.Thats how great an actor he was.Oldman is the same way,he never looks the same in any of his movies and it wasnt until like the forth time I saw this film that I realised that was him. big grin He is one of those character acotrs that you dont see in films all the time just once in a great while.

sevenman
The Joker is funny but he killing people and shit. I heard a man say on this board that The Joker says things that make us cringe but when he fried some foo in the first Batman movie he thought it was funny. I was watching the DVD of it when I was in a mental instution in the scene where The Joker is destroying the art while we all looked at the screen blankly and a patient was like "This is supposed to be funny". It's all like opinion.

NoFate007
Some subjects, no matter how cruel, can just be funny in films. Its not funny when you know its based on a true story, such as if they would make a Columbine film....but for anyone that's seen Pulp Fiction, you know when you hear the name Marvin, you gotta laugh.

Bardock42
Originally posted by DarkAge
In what ways do you think the Batman Begins sequel will be different? I didn't mind this one being extra serious for the sake of erasing the stain of the other four movies, but I hope the next one is shorter and more titillating. Obviously there won't be a need for the same level of tedious exposition in the sequel because they've gotten that out of the way. I had hoped that the Scarecrow would have had a more major role, seeing as he is perhaps the most interesting villain in Begins, being more "larger than life" than Ra's Al Ghul. If the Joker is the villain of the next one though, I think it should be inheriently more fun.

Oh hell I hope not...I hope it gets even darker.....well Joker is fun to some extend of course....but sick dark humour type of fun....so I hope we will see even more of Batsys rather twisted emotional life...maybe a little more action (I hate me for saying tis but it would be nice anyways) ..and of course a good insight to the joker...he will need a lot of scrreen time...great character...

NoFate007
I think we should go for Two-Face in the 2nd one, that way we build up the villain and the hero at the same time, cause of their friendship. By the third film, we'll be very informed about Bruce, and that way we can focus a lot on The Joker...which everyone loves.

Bardock42
Originally posted by NoFate007
I think we should go for Two-Face in the 2nd one, that way we build up the villain and the hero at the same time, cause of their friendship. By the third film, we'll be very informed about Bruce, and that way we can focus a lot on The Joker...which everyone loves.

Well I woldn't mind Two Face...although The Joker is great so he needs a lot of attention...but I guess they want to do the Joker in the next...the scene in the end at least implied something like that.....(although I don't know if their first meeting is the best thing, I'd like to see a battle between them when they know each other already....)

TwoFace2
My made up scene:

Jack/Joker creeps in the dark, catching Carl's, his mafia boss, attention. Mr. Grissom barely sees him but feels the vibes.

GRISSOM: Jack?

JOKER: (chuckles) Jack's dead.

GRISSOM: What's going on?

JOKER: Wanna know who I am?

GRISSOM: (tries to find his face) Who the hell are you?

JOKER: Let's play "Hangman."

GRISSOM: Jack! (Shot in the arm) Aaah!

JOKER: Ha ha ha. Letter?

GRISSOM: Please don't shoot me again. (Shot in the other arm)

JOKER: Limbs running out. Ha ha ha.

GRISSOM: (Moans) J.

JOKER: Hooray! You got your first letter. What else?

GRISSOM: A. (Shot in the leg)

JOKER: Wrong letter. Ha ha ha ha.

GRISSOM: (Cries in pain) Please. (Shot in other leg)

JOKER: Ha ha ha ha. Got more letters?

GRISSOM: N? (Shot in the stomach) (Choking on blood)

JOKER: Ha ha ha. Jack is dead. Joker is in the town. (Brings his face into the light, revealing himself) As you can see, I'm a lot happier.

GRISSOM: Oh god.

JOKER: Say hi to God for me. (Shot him in the head) Ha ha ha ha. I really, really, really like this game. We should play again. Ha ha ha ha. (Wipe blood from Carl and stain his jacket with it) Needs something to remember you by. Ha ha ha ha.

Joker dances around.

sevenman
No more GRISSOM. That is PLAYED OUT and not true to the comics anyway.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well I woldn't mind Two Face...although The Joker is great so he needs a lot of attention... The Joker is an attention-seeker. Respect Two Face and give The Joker a rest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.