How/When did you get Book 6?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
Okay, LOTS of pointless threads so I decided to combine them with this one so we don't have fifty "I got it" threads. wink

DON"T spoil the book for everyone! Please use the SPOILER tag (without the *)

So tell me, how/when did you get the book? I arrived at Wal*Mark at 11:05 and waited until 12:01 for them to let us buy it at the service station. I was pretty lucky because I got really close in a line, probably the 7th person is line. The line got REALLY long, really quick so I was glad that I came when I did. Then around 11:40 they brought the books out! I was SO excited! But I got the book for $15.78 at Wal*Mark. How about you?

Morning_Glory
what is the new harry potter book called?

Kella
I got it at 12:01am at the Barnes and Noble Potter Party called Midnight Madness. It was totally great! We did a countdown and people had their faces painted and they gave prizes and people were dressed up in costume... it was so much fun!

Morning_Glory
i missed out

DanZeke25
im getting it tomorow

Kella
Oh and the book is called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Cedric32
OMG! im so excited, i waited in line for 2 hours for this book. It was fun, a bunch of my friends went and people were handed out harry potter glasses. And every 5 minutes we screamed out how much time till midnight. I cant wait to read it! What am I doning on here, I should be reading it!

RoguePw25
Originally posted by Kella
I got it at 12:01am at the Barnes and Noble Potter Party called Midnight Madness. It was totally great! We did a countdown and people had their faces painted and they gave prizes and people were dressed up in costume... it was so much fun!

Yeah the Barnes and Noble had like a party too, but it was only for people who Pre-Ordered the book. And you had to have come days before and get a special braclet in order to attend, so I didn't go. Got it for cheap at Wal*Mark

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by Kella
I got it at 12:01am at the Barnes and Noble Potter Party called Midnight Madness. It was totally great! We did a countdown and people had their faces painted and they gave prizes and people were dressed up in costume... it was so much fun! Originally posted by RoguePw25
Yeah the Barnes and Noble had like a party too, but it was only for people who Pre-Ordered the book. And you had to have come days before and get a special braclet in order to attend, so I didn't go. Got it for cheap at Wal*Mark

I did just the same, though signed up at 6 o'clock today, for they started pre ordering today. I went at 11:30 and we did a countdown and everything. Lots of fun. Once I got my book *which took five minutes. ^.^* I rushed out of there and went home to read it, which I am doing as we speak.

Kella
I sat in line for 6 hours. sad

NightCrawler341
Six hours? I was there for 35 minutes... and 30 of those minutes was because I got there 30 minutes before they sold. Poor Kella.

Kella
It was fun...they had lots of games and costume contests and a HP quiz and they gave door prizes and it was just fun. Plus I had a lot of coffee and lots of people that knew the HP books front and back and we kept things interesting. It was fun. We were at the front of the line. The entire store was FULL! There was hardly any room to walk around. We got LOTS of stuff that we brought home.

Posters, stickers, HP glasses, HP green rubber bracelets, we got to make wands, HP tattoos, memorable pictures....it was worth it. It really didnt' seem that long.

NightCrawler341
I only got a poster, my book, and the green bracelet. I wasn't going to stand around playing stuff when the book was right in my hands.

Darth Macabre
I actually waited 10 mintues at Pathmark. I got it at 12:01. Im actually done reading it already which is kind of a bummer. But it was very good.

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I actually waited 10 mintues at Pathmark. I got it at 12:01. Im actually done reading it already which is kind of a bummer. But it was very good. You read it that fast?

Kella
Geez dude...done already? I've only had mine an hour and a half and it took me a half hour to get home and then everything and it's brother has been distracting me. *annoyed*

NightCrawler341
Only on page 50 meself. Had it for 2 and a half hours.

TheVapor
I get it later than everyone else sad but thats ok wink you see my aunt who loves the harry potter books and takes me to see the movies is getting two copies delivered to her. when she gets them she'll bring here to me. just a question does anybody know when the delivery might get to her?? a guess? The wait is ok because i want to finish my summer reading book for school before i read this and i think it would be too much having a new harry potter book waiting to be read while reading a boring book for school cool

Wolflet
i got the book 5 hours ago, cant say where ninja
and right now im up to chap. 10 eek!....this book is different from what i thought......

Darth Macabre
I live about a minute away from where i got it. I read the first 3 chapters while waiting online to pay for it. By the time i was home i was up to chapter 7 already, and I only had it for about 15 minutes. Im planning on rereading it tommarow at work though becuase i know ive missed somethings. I love to read so I breeze through books real quick. Oh well Cheers to all those still reading.

kier14matrix
I arrived at about 11.45 and was about the 8th in line, it was awesome people were dressed like wizards and witches, the store workers were even dresed up! One downside was a drunken jackass who was shouting and swearing and trying to get all the attention on him, rather than the new book, so we all just told him to leave and he did eventually which was awesome, noone was spoiling my night! I got the book at 12.03 along with my sister who got the book at 12.02 grrrr. A very fun night though.

NightCrawler341
A drunk jackass... would have been interesting to have one of those.

ladygrim
i went to Whsmiths at 11 40 and got it bout 12.10 and was reading by street light whislt walking home

powerfulone1987
I got my a couple of hours ago.

DanFan4000
Got It!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.