Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Book 2005

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nick1989
If you look on Mugglenet's famous W/Ws card site:
http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrcom/wom.shtml
You will see that Felix Summerbee invented cheering charms. Any connection?

hotsauce6548
Connections? What connections?

TheSun
Originally posted by Nick1989
If you look on Mugglenet's famous W/Ws card site:
http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrcom/wom.shtml
You will see that Felix Summerbee invented cheering charms. Any connection?
No, 'felix' and 'felicis' are two latin forms of the same word, meaning lucky or fortunate. felix is nominative and felicis is genitive, I think. Sounds like a JKR pun to me. Perhaps a spell.

goddess_susu
that's what I thought too, that it sounded like a spell

spidergrl
Ok ... people who havn't read the book ... And don't want to know ... I will ask you to step away from this thread ... Now!! Because I MUST talk about the book ....

Ok .... first off ... eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! for the book! Snaps to JK. Its as great as ever!

Anyone got any thoughts about it?

Right now, Im half way through it .... and OMG are there things that you .... just ... WOW!! Im ... yea! shock

Is there anyone out there that is ... just ... speachless as well as me?? confused

eek! HARRY RULES eek!

Darth Macabre
It was very good. I cant wait to actually discuss it. I mean im a fast reader i zipped threw it in about 2 and a half hours.

NightCrawler341
Only on page 64. I have been talking to much. Many interesting stuff. Course, I find most interesting the relationships. Very interesting stuff. I was looking through the picture, I love looking at them, and I saw the one with Harry and the person he goes with. Very interesting. And the thing with Fleur and Bill... very very interesting.

spidergrl
Can we talk about it now?? I mean I warned people that this was about the book ... too bad if they come in here! huh

ok ..... whats up with the couples thing ... alittle annoying me ... its like its all about the couples right now. im really hoping that ginny and harry get together now. and who dies??????

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by spidergrl
Can we talk about it now?? I mean I warned people that this was about the book ... too bad if they come in here! huh

ok ..... whats up with the couples thing ... alittle annoying me ... its like its all about the couples right now. im really hoping that ginny and harry get together now. and who dies??????

You mean you don't know who the couples are or who dies? You wanna know? I will pm it to you.

spidergrl
i know who the couples are so far. ron and lavender. hermione and no one. harry likes ginny. i want to know wink

spidergrl
OMG I know who dies cry

NightCrawler341
Sad, ain't it.

*Georgina_A*
I haven't got it yet...But this thread is just too damn tempting! cry

Good thing is, I've managed to restrain myself from reading the spoilers embarrasment

spidergrl
IM glad that I made the spoilers then smile

NightCrawler341
They aren't really spoilers.... they are actually us just talking. xD Sorta. But don't risk highlighting them.

spidergrl
yea ... don't do it! wink

ok, off to read more now. laters y'all

NightCrawler341

Likewise. I am way behind on my reading!

*Georgina_A*
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
They aren't really spoilers.... they are actually us just talking. xD Sorta. But don't risk highlighting them.

lol okay embarrasment

But it's just so tempting! cry I'll try though! yes

Laters love

NightCrawler341
You can do it!

Cosmic_Beings
For those of you that want to discuss it..

Here's a short synopsis. The book starts with the Muggle Prime Minister talking to Fudge, who he apparently knows. Fudge tells him that Voldemort has returned and that he, Fudge, has been sacked. The new MoM appears and he is called Rufus Scridgemour - this is the lion-man from the description JKR gave. They talk about recent deaths, including Amelia Bones and Emmeline Vance, both killed by DEs or by LV himself.

Narcissa and Bellatrix visit Snape, and Bella challenges him. Snape explains that he was just biding his time by pretending to be DD's spy, and that he has proved more useful to LV than her. Narcissa implies that LV has asked Draco to do something, and begs Snape to do it if Draco cannot.

Dumbledore takes Harry away from the Dursleys, on his way to The Burrow. First, they stop off to talk to Horace Slughorn, the ex-head of Slytherin. Slughorn likes famous and talented wizards, so immediately takes a shine to Harry. DD thus convinces him to come and teach at Hogwarts.

At The Burrow, Harry finds out that Bill and Fleur are engaged. He also meets Tonks, who seems upset - he is told that it's because of Sirius' death. They go to Diagon Alley, where Harry notices Draco slipping down Knockturn Alley. The Trio follow, and Draco enters Borgin & Burkes, where he intimidates Borgin.

At Hogwarts, they find out that Slughorn is the new Potions teacher, and that Snape finally has DADA. Slughorn inducts Hermione, Harry, and a few others into The Slug Club, his group of favourites. Hagrid is upset because the Trio don't take his NEWT class, and because Aragog is dying (presumably of old age). Harry is Gryffindor Quidditch captain. His team is Ron (GK), Katie, Ginny and a new girl as Chasers, two new Beaters. McClaggan is a very overbearing keeper wannabe. He would have got the nod over Ron, but Hermione confounded him during his trial.

As Slughorn is Potions teacher, Harry can take Potions (he got an E). He doesn't have a book, so he gets an old one. It has lots of helpful tips hand-written in it, and the back says "Property Of The HBP". Harry uses the book to become best at Potions in the year. He also finds some interesting hexes and curses. Ron and Hermione become closer. Ron has a go at Ginny for kissing Dean in the corridor. Ginny tells him he's jealous because Harry's kissed Cho, she's kissed Dean and Hermione's kissed Krum. Ron is shocked and immediately goes and kisses Lavender, upsetting Hermione. Harry starts to fancy Ginny.

Dumbledore gives Harry special lessons. He takes him through several memories. The first is of Voldemort's mum's family. They were a proud pure-blood family who had been reduced to living like tramps. Voldemort's mum had a crush on their wealthy neighbour, so used a love potion to entrap him. He left her when she stopped using the spell. Tom (LV) ends up going to an orphanage, where he was a bully. At Hogwarts, he is popular. We see a memory from Slughorn, where Tom asks him about Horcruxes. We then hear Slughorn saying that he won't tell him, but it's not from the memory. DD tells Harry that Slughorn had manipulated his memory, and that Harry must get him to admit what he told Tom.

Katie Bell and Ron both have near-death experiences, with Katie receiving a cursed necklace and Ron drinking poisoned mead. Harry eventually finds out what horcruxes are, by using Felix Felicis, a potion that makes you lucky for a very short time, & which makes him realise that he needs to get Slughorn drunk at Aragog's funeral. They are a way of splitting your soul so that all parts need to be destroyed to kill you. This is how LV survived. He has split his soul into seven pieces. One is in LV himself, one was Riddle's Diary, and DD has destroyed one. There are four more - DD suspects that one is Slythern's locket, one is Hufflepuff's cup - LV has hidden these. One is Nagini, and the other is unknown. They must find the horuxes and destroy them.

Dean and Ginny split up, and later she starts dating Harry. Harry becomes obsessed with the idea that Draco and Snape are in league with LV, but nobody seems to believe him, with DD reiterating that he trusts Snape. He gets into a fight with Draco and uses a hex he found out from the HBP called Sectumsempra. It nearly kills Draco, but Snape manages to stop it. DD tells Harry that he has located Slytherin's necklace. He takes Harry to a sea cave, where they eventually find it, though DD is badly injured. They then realise that it isn't the actual horcrux. Someone initialed R.A.B. has taken that to destroy it.

DD and Harry return, with DD badly injured, when they see the Dark Mark above Hogwarts. They enter and Draco disarms them, but cannot kill DD. Snape arrives and does it for him. The Order are battling Death Eaters in Hogwarts, and the Death Eaters eventually flee. Harry battles Snape, and uses Sectumsempra again, while Snape tries to use Crucio. Snape blocks it, but says that Harry shouldn't use his own hexes against him - he is the Half Blood Prince! Snape and Draco eventually escape.

We find out that Tonks and Lupin are in love, but that he feels he isn't good enough for her. Every one is shocked that Snape has killed Dumbledore. Hermione has done some research on Snape. He's a half-blood, His muggle father was named Snape - guess what his witch mother's surname was? At his funeral, Harry breaks up with Ginny and resolves to kill Voldemort by finding all the horcruxes.

That's the major stuff, I think.

SPOILERED BY PHOE big grin

Lord Melkor
What?

Snape is evil after all? Damm, I must get this book!

ladygrim
i knew it all along but no one wud believe me ...... and i knew ****************** would die it was soooo obvious ......

NightCrawler341
I don't think Dumbledores really dead, but I haven't finished the book so I will get back to you guys on the subject.

Lord Melkor
Do we get to know some other young Slytherins in this book?

Does it make Dumbledore look like a fool?

ladygrim
We sed that bout sirius tho .....no expression

Elessea
eek! eek! eek! eek!
^ my face upon finishing the book....

Ok...I really really didn't want to believe Snape was evil...but then when I finished I'm all like shocked :shock: I still have hope for it though...that he's really still good

I was really dissappointed with the first like...half of the book. I mean, it was good and mysterious and all, I just didn't feel like it was living up to JKR's potential...but when I reached those last 150 or so pages...WOW...I am speechless.

ladygrim
im nearly there but i made the mistake of randomly opening the page and low and behold it gave away the tragic endnding of a character which i thought it wud be ........

air
NO NO NO NO NO no!!!! damn her she needs to re write the end!! and oooh i cant wait till Harry gets his hands round Snapes neck!! no hogwars in year 7!! nope that will have to change!! and i swear if she kills HArry Hermione Ron and Ginny off in the lasty book im going to search her down and kill her! Voldermort has to die he HAS to pay! and thats that......

ladygrim
no i saw it coming with dumbledore out of the equation voldermort now fears no one and has an open path to kill harry so no that is my prediction for bk 7

air
no more Harry? i can see it coming it just seems thats the way she wants to go....perhaps neither will die or both...actually i think its pretty pointless to guess....no one will know only JK.....I want to killl him

air
its not a spell its a potion a luck potion!!

ladygrim
i will be suprised if only the bad people die in the nxt one i mean 3 x 17 yr olds against a really powerful wizard i dont think so

LiL nAstY GirL
cry I shouldn't have read this cry I haven't even started the book yet embarrasment

ladygrim
EEEEEk

spidergrl
OMG ... I shouldn't have read it either ..... *hits head* I have a hundred pages left...

Elessea
Guys, we really should be putting spoiler tags on any posts that pertain to HBP for the next day or two at least, because many people have yet to finish the book and it would be nice...

NightCrawler341
Yes, I agree. I've been saying that. Maybe they will listen to you Elessea.

Imaginary
I've finished the book... I have to say, the couples were expected. Even though it's not what I wanted. As for the HBP, that hit me like a ton of bricks.

Imaginary
Yep, Air's right.

DarkCanadian
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!!!!

Dumbledore's not lost forever!!!!

ElectricBugaloo
This book didn't live up to the expectations. Rowling abandoned her detailed storytelling style in the place where we would have most liked to have had the detail: at the climax. I was very disappointed by both the pace of the ending and, actually, the entire book. Maybe she was trying to constrain herself to a shorter book, but more action usually requires a longer book. We heard almost nothing about the lessons, most of hte book was devoted to the romance. Seriously.

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
This book didn't live up to the expectations. Rowling abandoned her detailed storytelling style in the place where we would have most liked to have had the detail: at the climax. I was very disappointed by both the pace of the ending and, actually, the entire book. Maybe she was trying to constrain herself to a shorter book, but more action usually requires a longer book. We heard almost nothing about the lessons, most of hte book was devoted to the romance. Seriously.

Well, maybe romance will be a big thing in the next books. Besides, they are going up, you got to show that they are still teenagers.

Imaginary
Exactly... romance is a big thing for teenagers. After all in the next book the trio will be 17/18 and Ginny will be 16.

Saberstylemasta
If you guys wanna laugh at my horrible misfortune, go for it.

I can't read HP: HBP untill my brother reads it, cuz he bought it, and He's on vacation all week! :cry:

Imaginary
Ouch... pain! Just steal it, read it in a week then put it back. No one will ever know.

NightCrawler341
Kick his @$$, tie him up, and hide him a chicken coop. That will give you enough time to read the book.

Imaginary
That works too laughing out loud

DarkCanadian
Kick his @$$, tie him up, and hide him a chicken coop. That will give you enough time to read the book.
I read it in about seven hours.

Imaginary
Six for me.

peanuthead
i just got done reading it still crying embarrasment no that seems babyish but the ending was brilliantly written but the events were horrible took me all day to read it but mostly because i was busy all day longdumbledore was my favorite he was always so wise but still sarcastically fun

Imaginary
I know sad

DarkCanadian
Originally posted by peanuthead
i just got done reading it still crying embarrasment no that seems babyish but the ending was brilliantly written but the events were horrible took me all day to read it but mostly because i was busy all day longdumbledore was my favorite he was always so wise but still sarcastically fun
Dude he's not lost forever. He's still in that portriat remember? Harry somehow didn't see that part.

NightCrawler341
May he rest in peace.... and forever party in his portrait! rock

peanuthead
.....i didnt even think about that.....THATS AWESOMEbig grin and i thought he was gone forever ....was that in the book cuz if it was i musta skipped it on accident or maybe i was being stupid and just didnt consider everything thanks for that any way

spidergrl
I know ... dumbledor dying was a blow to me as well

Saberstylemasta

He's twice my size and quicker than me.

And besides, tomorrow, he's takin it with him :-(

Oh, well, He might be done before then. He finished OOTP in like,8 hours, and he's no fool to allnighters for the sake of HP.

peanuthead
lol my sister pulled an all nighter last night and fell asleep in the middle of the book (shes not a very fast reader) and she slept all day today so shes still only on chapter like 13

NightCrawler341
lol my sister pulled an all nighter last night and fell asleep in the middle of the book (shes not a very fast reader) and she slept all day today so shes still only on chapter like 13 I did the same thing, cept I'm on chapter 15.

spidergrl
I finished happy

DarkCanadian
I did the same thing, cept I'm on chapter 15.
Oh, I was under the impression you were done. I'm done and I got it this morning.

Sorry for the numerous spoilers. nosweat

My favourite part would probably have to be Dobby and Kreacher beating the crap out of each other.

peanuthead
mine would definitely be fred and georg's joke shop.....U-No-Poo...? funniest part of the whole bookthumb up

DarkCanadian
"And what about Ron?"
"A (what was that pink thingy again?), but I didn't say where."

That was excellent. This is probably my favourite book in the series now.

peanuthead
definitely my favorite i almost lost hope tho...half way thru the book and still no clear plot but it got awesome and i wasnt disappointed

Imaginary
I loved the book... it was so dark and hopeless

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
Oh, I was under the impression you were done. I'm done and I got it this morning.

Sorry for the numerous spoilers. nosweat

My favourite part would probably have to be Dobby and Kreacher beating the crap out of each other.

I thought I said it a lot that I didn't finish the book yet. And I got it last night, but I fell asleep and I sleep for long periods of time, plus I take my time reading it, wanting to get everything in.... also I been on here too much.

DarkCanadian
Originally posted by Imaginary
I loved the book... it was so dark and hopeless
Now, in normal circumstances that would be a perfect oxymoron.

Imaginary
Hush, you stick out tongue

peanuthead
no it isnt i dont think dark and hopeless......o wait you meant liking it lol nvm then

DarkCanadian
laughing

Imaginary
roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

DarkCanadian
Don't you roll your eyes at me, little girl. stick out tongue

Imaginary
Little girl? msn-oh

You know I resent that

DarkCanadian
Yeah, that's why I said it in the first place. stick out tongue

Imaginary
You're EVIL :P

spidergrl
Really David??

DarkCanadian
Really what?

peanuthead
i gotta go it was fun to be back tho havent been on in ages ttyl

spidergrl
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
Really what?

that its your favourite wink

DarkCanadian
Yeah.

spidergrl
wink

snehin
ahh this rocks i sarted last night and at a total of 6 hrs and in finally at chapter six i know someone important dies i think everyone knows who i mean i donno if te second person dies or its a rumor ahh so far the book rocks as usual!!!im at draco's detour

snehin
lol my sister pulled an all nighter last night and fell asleep in the middle of the book (shes not a very fast reader) and she slept all day today so shes still only on chapter like 13 nor am i six hrs for six chapters!!

Imaginary
But English isn't your first language wink

I finished the book in 6 hrs.

spidergrl
Well aint we a fast reader Trish! stick out tongue

NightCrawler341
*Mutters under breath in a mocking tone* "Well ain't we a fast reader Trish!" Damn fastreading (not suitable for children).

spidergrl
I read it in 14 schmoll

Imaginary
diva

I own you all, biatches.

spidergrl
You wish ... you so know that you'll always be my biatch Trish schmoll

Imaginary
Oh really now? flirt

spidergrl
eyes really really ....

RoguePw25
Threads MERGED.

spidergrl
Thankies Rogue eyes

Where abouts are you up to? Anyone spoiled it for you? cry

snehin

I finished the book in 6 hrs. it is i just well have a problem reading in any language!!i can read it fast but i cant keep track of where i am if i close the book!!

snehin

I finished the book in 6 hrs. oh and for future reference i study online so english is my frst subject!!i just cant remember where i am in a book i know wat page i am in just lose where i am so i start all over again short memory doesn't hlp either!!

Imaginary
You're born and brought up in India so English isn't your first language What the f**k?

snehin
You're born and brought up in India so English isn't your first language What the f**k? born yep but i study in a school which is online all u need is the CD and the permission i hate the schools here they aren't exactly good!! and well some schools very rare schools have hindi as a frst lang in southern india its always english and we hav to hav 4 langs so well u can see y id rather do it my way one lang english thts it!!i do learn hindi but thts on my own!!

Anoushka
i kinda expected the dying thing -shrugs-

can't say i wasn't disappointed with the book though.was more for thee sak of the plot than anything else,things just appeared almost at whim and fancy of the author,didn't fall into place as well as they used to,and very very anti-climatic in my opinion.

doesn't mean i was affected any less by the loss,however sad
and i think there was an overdose of the whole love thing roll eyes (sarcastic) although i guess it's a lil bit necessary,considering dumbledore has emphasised it's importance in the fight against voldemortfrom like,the very 1st book.

PinkDi@monds
im not alowed to read passed the third chapter until 24th; i'm going on my holiday then and my mother hid the book sad

KKdave
I'd have to say that I enjoyed OOTP much more then HBP. OOTP seemed more hopeful in the end, this is just like dark and sad, but I guess thats supposed to be expected as the books progress. And the middle of the plot seemed only to consist of romance (with the wrong friggin people!! Ron and Hermione? What the f**k? please...) Harry's lession with dumbledore (which got a little boring) and chasing malfoy around. JKR is still an amazing writer, my favorite, but to me this book was off, everything that shouldn't have happened, or wasn't supposed to happen, did.

DarkCanadian
Originally posted by KKdave
I'd have to say that I enjoyed OOTP much more then HBP. OOTP seemed more hopeful in the end, this is just like dark and sad, but I guess thats supposed to be expected as the books progress. And the middle of the plot seemed only to consist of romance (with the wrong friggin people!! Ron and Hermione? What the f**k? please...) Harry's lession with dumbledore (which got a little boring) and chasing malfoy around. JKR is still an amazing writer, my favorite, but to me this book was off, everything that shouldn't have happened, or wasn't supposed to happen, did.
It's my favourite in the series now dude.

nazgūl-lord
it's my favourite to,without a single doubt!

Wat Tambor
who is going to die in this book

DarkCanadian
We'd rather you find out by yourself!!!!!! NO ONE SPOIL IT!

Elondra
A lot of hormonal activity in the book, aren't there?

Ewww Harry get a grip to yourself.She's your best friends sister.

And until the last minute there was a tiny hope in me saying that Snape was on our side. Obviously not.

ladygrim
i kno laughing out loud

Elondra
And Lupin and Tonks!!!How adorablebig grin

Lord Melkor
I think you should not think you know everything about Snape.

spidergrl
Originally posted by Anoushka
i kinda expected the dying thing -shrugs-

can't say i wasn't disappointed with the book though.was more for thee sak of the plot than anything else,things just appeared almost at whim and fancy of the author,didn't fall into place as well as they used to,and very very anti-climatic in my opinion.

doesn't mean i was affected any less by the loss,however sad
and i think there was an overdose of the whole love thing roll eyes (sarcastic) although i guess it's a lil bit necessary,considering dumbledore has emphasised it's importance in the fight against voldemortfrom like,the very 1st book.

I agree with everything you say here! yes

Elondra
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
I think you should not think you know everything about Snape.

I now started to think that Snape is still on Harry's side.

spidergrl
Nah ... if anyone is contemplating the good/bad side ... its Draco

TheSun
Originally posted by Elondra
He killed the only wizard standing in Voldemorts path. He's not on Harry's side.

spidergrl
Yea ... Snape is an evil Bastard

DarkCanadian
Originally posted by Elondra
He kills Dumbledore, and you say he's on Harry's side still? blink

spidergrl
yea .. whats with that? What the f**k?

DarkCanadian
For once, Harry's right. Everyone else isn't.

It was better the other way, if you ask me.

KKdave
Stupid Snape... Dumbledore's reason for trusting him wasn't too convincing either, I don't see why he trusted him so much in the first place. I felt really bad for Malfoy actually, he's like stuck in his situation, and he's still a horrible guy, but he's not evil. It was kinda sad.

Court Radcliffe
I think Malfoy will be on the good side in the 7th book

Qualadyen
Im still confused by how R.A.B. could have gotten the locket and the cup still be full for Dumpledore and Harry. And I think the next book is going to be the best cuz Harry is gonna go Dirty Harry(no pun intended) on all the Death Eaters.

amburger1984
Since we are already putting spoilers out there, I guess I'll say that I think R.A.B. is Regulus Black (Sirius's Brother) and he probably got a hold of the Horcrux before he was killed by Voldemort and/or the Death Eathers. I mean, 12 Grimmauld Place is probably filled with wizarding antiques and since it belongs to Harry now he, or another Order member, might find something significant there. Anybady else have thoughts about this?

Imaginary
Maybe it refills itself?

This is my favourite out of all the books yes

I also think Draco will go over to the good side... maybe this means hope for the D/G ship?

As for Snape, look at this.

munkiesarus
I dont know, it felt like a strange fan fic to me. sad

orlandoOYEA
Just finished the book...Happy fro Harry and Ginny- I think shes going to go with the trio on their journey

Happy fro Tonks and Lupin- the scene in the hospital wing was amusing

Pure devastation at Dumbledores death...cried my eyes out...but i am going to love harry going all crazy on the death eaters. I simply cannot wait until the next book

wozzy_the_dark
where abouts in the book does it mention the portrait of dumbeldore?? kant remember reading that, does that mean he can still guide harry in a way?

soccerrocker198
ok 9 hours and 15 minutes of EXTREME AWESOMENESS!!! yay im glad i finished, but now im left begging for more of the story.

Snape? wow, somewhere in the back of my mind i kept thinking "hes just lying" after lal that happened in chapter 2, but i couldnt believe the last chapters! Hes evil after all...I knew there was a reason JK said she loved Snape's character.

Tonks and Lupin!!!!! smile thats adorable if you ask me!

Harry/Ginny: Well, not the best pairing, seeing as that shes younger (I had to keep reminding myself shes only a year behind Harry, and not stuck in her 2nd year as a 12 year old child.) but i guess now i can accept the pairing. Similar to James/lily with the hair colors and such!

hermione and ron need to hook up, we all know their feelings for each other, and so do they. After all the talk of snogging in this book (JK went crazy! but im not saying that was a bad thing) i was suprised to see we didnt catch Hermy and Ron in the act.

i knew old dumbledore would snuff it in the end, i just wasnt expecting it so soon. maybe because he was finally on a book cover, his life had been fulfilled. all joking aside, i did shed some tears over the last few chapters. Harrys got alot of work cut out for him!

lets see, i think ive covered any astonishing disocoveries I experienced in the book. time to REREAD! woot

SltherinQueenDM
I feel so ..ughhhh .. i don't want to believe snapes bad.. but i do think he actually is.... POOR DD!!!!... :'( tear

if any one wants to know basically anything about the book.. u can pm me with ur question and I will answer.. but if you have not read the book i will still answer even if u want spoliers!

soccerrocker198
Did we ever find out what happened to Dumbledores black and withered hand? Thats been irking me all day...

orlandoOYEA
JK is going to have a lot to include in the next book. Its going to have to be either really long or really rushed, or both. I mean he has to find four horuxes and destroy them plus kill Voldemort. And not all the HX's are going to be easy to destroy, ya know?

I was suprised at Voldemorts lack of appearance in the book. I mean in flashbacks he was there, but no real appearance.

Imaginary
Originally posted by soccerrocker198
Did we ever find out what happened to Dumbledores black and withered hand? Thats been irking me all day...

That was the result of destroying the ring.

DracosKitten
OMG it took a day and i have to read it. I wanted to be fully awake and get it all. I only didn't like the end. I wasn't expecting it, considering Dumbledore is a big person in Harry's life. I do hope that Draco goes good, But i think JKR will have Voldemort kill. After all, he wasn't the one who killed Dumbledore and Voldemort threatened him with killing everyone in his family would be killed. Its just a guess of course.
Through out the whole book I had hoped Snape wasn't bad but I guess I was wrong. It just sucks. Harry is going to have fun getting rid of Snape. I know it.
I can't wait for the next one. It is going to be long. With everything that has to be said. You would think there would be more then one more, but i'ved heard that JKR said only one book left so who knows.
I deffinatly cried at the end. I was absolutly defistated. It hurt to read such a thing. I can't to see how they do it in the movie. Its going to be though.

Saberstylemasta
Originally posted by wozzy_the_dark
where abouts in the book does it mention the portrait of dumbeldore?? kant remember reading that, does that mean he can still guide harry in a way?

Every former headmaster has a portrait in the Head's office.

sk8stuff09
do u know who will be the hogwarts headmaster in year 7?

Hermione202
McGonagall will be Headmisstress

To be quite honest i was a bit disappointed in the book.I preferred the other books to this one.the 6th was a bit dull,in my opinion

Anoushka
Originally posted by orlandoOYEA
JK is going to have a lot to include in the next book. Its going to have to be either really long or really rushed, or both. I mean he has to find four horuxes and destroy them plus kill Voldemort. And not all the HX's are going to be easy to destroy, ya know?

I was suprised at Voldemorts lack of appearance in the book. I mean in flashbacks he was there, but no real appearance.

love your sig
eek! i've missed you!!

and about Voldemort's lack of appearance,i agree.think that contributed a great deal to its relative boring-ness -shug-

i still think Snape is back on Voldemort's side though,despite what that link said.Malfoy,that boy isn't a killer.he wants to do evil,he craves the power,but he doesn't have the heart nor strength to do the evils deeds to gain it

you must remember in the very first chapter,that Snape managed to convince LV that he was still on his side,it's almost impossible to hoodwink LV,don't you think,considering the fact that he is the most accomplished Legilimens ever?

that's when i knew this book was gonna hold something really really bad...

i agree with the theory that dumbledore knew he was gonna die though (that was brough up in the earlier link) i felt it throughout the book,he was loosing it.he wasn't the young wizard he used to be...

Hermione202
I was suprised that he didn't do any serious attacks apart from the one on hogwarts .on hogsmade or diagon alley or something

Anoushka
a part of me still hopes he's still got a bit of good in him though,and the pieces do fit (for his good side i mean) but....
how can he trick voldemort??

that's the only thing that still nags me....

hmm..i thought about that.then i figured,if he does want to stay in Dumbledore's good books until the last minute when it's too late for D,he'll have to stay low right?

KKdave
Originally posted by Hermione202
McGonagall will be Headmisstress

To be quite honest i was a bit disappointed in the book.I preferred the other books to this one.the 6th was a bit dull,in my opinion

agreed. not my favorite, i enjoyed OOTP much more. but maybe i was just angry through the whole book because of the shipping issue, so i could very well be biased.

Hermione202
no , it was , as i said , plain boring.My mother read it and she agrees

Joseph_Kerr
Basic problem with Snape.. the unbreakable vow... how does he not break the vow seeing that Draco could not finish the task... and the vow was that Snape would finish the task if Draco could not... I personally still believe that Snape is on Harry's side, but he was given an impossible situation... if he didn't kill Dubledore, he would of died himself, and exposing to LV that he had betrayed LV.

My predition is that in the end, Snape will lose his life defending Harry.

Kate_Lost
I love Harry Potter!!!
It's my babe!

TheSun
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
Basic problem with Snape.. the unbreakable vow... how does he not break the vow seeing that Draco could not finish the task... and the vow was that Snape would finish the task if Draco could not... I personally still believe that Snape is on Harry's side, but he was given an impossible situation... if he didn't kill Dubledore, he would of died himself, and exposing to LV that he had betrayed LV.

My predition is that in the end, Snape will lose his life defending Harry.
No way, as anyone on the good side would tell you, it's better to die than betray those you trust. Besides, he couldn't have cast the avada kedavra unless he really hated Dumbledore and the good side. Harry is gonna end up taking him down.

jawbreaker
It would seem to me that DD knew and had possibly planned with Snape that Snape would do him in. That might explain why DD was telling Harry to go get Snape when they returned to Hogwarts. There isn't too much that DD doesn't see. He seems to always know when Harry has something on his mind doesn't he? DD is kind of like Obi-wan in a way. He is always going to be around now to help Harry with whatever Harry has to do just in picture form like the other past headmasters. I also think that Harry and Ginny will stay together and that will be the love that Harry has that LV doesn't and that will be how Harry finally defeats the dark lord.

HimoKun
Originally posted by orlandoOYEA

I was suprised at Voldemorts lack of appearance in the book. I mean in flashbacks he was there, but no real appearance. \

Well, JK can make more than one book for the horcuxes, since Harry isn't going to school anyomre, there really isn't a limit to how man years of Harry's life she can show.

shaber
I expect Harry will change his mind about not going back to school.

How did he compose himself when Umbridge turned up at the funeral? I wouldn't have stood for that. Talk about insulting Dumbledore's memory!

Phoenix
Originally posted by HimoKun
\

Well, JK can make more than one book for the horcuxes, since Harry isn't going to school anyomre, there really isn't a limit to how man years of Harry's life she can show.

the only thing is is that she has said there will be seven books.

Unless she changes her mind....

*uses telepathy to convince JK she wants to write more HP books*

big grin

DarkCanadian
Nah, she said that if she writes any more, it'll definitely not be a novel.

ladygrim
hopefully its only one more you cant keep something like this running till it loses popularity

shaber
There are a lot of loose ends to tie up.

spidergrl
Originally posted by Phoenix
the only thing is is that she has said there will be seven books.

Unless she changes her mind....

*uses telepathy to convince JK she wants to write more HP books*

big grin

I LOVE your thinking happy

atila the great
Originally posted by shaber
I expect Harry will change his mind about not going back to school.

How did he compose himself when Umbridge turned up at the funeral? I wouldn't have stood for that. Talk about insulting Dumbledore's memory!

that's the thing, it was a political appearence, every ministry persona that attended the funeral did it just to make an appearence so that the papers could print "minister takes time on DE hunt to pay his respect to the great albus dumbledore".

that's just what happend with john paul II's funeral

goddess_susu
I'm still on page 279 because I have berily any time to read it sad
To much work!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>