Hercules vs. Classic Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
ok.... Wasp said ... that Hercules is the strongest Avenger (which i doubt.... because i still believe that this title belongs to the Hulk..)

now..... Thor has beaten the Juggernaut.....

but in threads before, i believe, people gave Herc NO chance against Juggernaut

who will win a one on one encounter.... i believe.... Juggernaut has respect of Hercules..... .and Herc... has NO fear of anybody.....

it is said that Juggernaut only has respect from Hulk and Thor..... but i think.... after the match (which eventually will won by Juggy...) he will have respect of the Prince of Power....

Hercules is perhaps in the same class than Hulk..... Juggernaut too...

wow... what a clash... i would love to see this...

long pig

Betageuze
uuuuhh... long pig... is my english really so terrible ? sad

ImmortalOne
Betageuze, when did Thor beat Classic Jugs ??

olympian
He won by battlefild removal once.

Thor wins due to his hammer, strenghtwise they wer always go back and forth.

Its a virtual stalemate, Jugs cant kill Herc and Herc cant kill Jugs. Both have high durability with the nod going for Jugs. And the skills as well as immortality going for Herc.

Tough Guy
herc wont die, but would be soundly kod by juggie easy peasy, thor would beat herc , juggie beats thor, oh all lose to hulk

olympian
"herc wont die, but would be soundly kod by juggie easy peasy, thor would beat herc , juggie beats thor, oh all lose to hulk"

In case you havent notice since you dont read comics....

Spoilers

None of those four have a clear win against the other.

Oh except Herc against Macsterson Thor.

Sentry
Classic Juggernaut VS. Thor Battle 1: Juggs is teleported away by Thor. Let's not also forget he battled the New Warriors as well as Thor. Cheap victory for Thor and The New Warriors.

Classic Juggernaut VS. Thor Battle 2: Thor does a little better negating Juggs field for a SHORTWHILE, then realizing it's actually impossible to stop him, he the Mjolnir around Juggs wrist or hand, then threw him into space. Another cheap victory for Thor.

Classic Juggernaut VS. Thor Battle 3: Juggernaut easily trounced Thor this time. Decisive win for Juggernaut.

Herc will battle, and the longer it goes on, the more hatred and determination will grow, and Juggs will eventually Knock Herc out.

olympian
Its possible.

Altho i see it as stalemate. Juggs and Herc are at the same level of strengh. Like Hulk and Thor.

Tough Guy
right once again olympian my dim witted kevin sorbo want to be. herc would not die but get knocked out. thor would also knock out herc as would hulk. hulk has ( for your information) overpowered thor nigh on every battle.

olympian
"thor would also knock out herc as would hulk. hulk has ( for your information) overpowered thor nigh on every battle."

Except Thor never knocked Hercules out. They had something like 5/6 fights and it never happened. Show me where that happened.

Show me when Hulk as ever knocked Hercules out. They had 6 fights and not even when he fought Mortal Hercules that happened.

Good luck, youll need it.

GalacticStorm
I believe that Juggernaut would definitely win. Hercs immortality doesnt come into it. He doesnt have unlimited endurance, his durability is nowhere near Juggs and Jugg is stronger as well. Therefore Herc would get knocked out in the end.

olympian
"I believe that Juggernaut would definitely win"

Jugs - can - win due to higer durability. That means Herc will have a difficult time to hurt him. And yes he can be ko even with immortality.

"He doesnt have unlimited endurance,"

No, but hes invulnerable a good deal ( less than jugs ) and doesnt tire at all as immortal.

"Jugg is stronger as well"

On this i dont agree. Without the forcefield on, Thor has put the hurt on jugs with a couple of shots. Jugs is no more stronger in relation to an angry Hulk than Thor or Herc are. Theyr rougly the same.

What gives Jugs the nod here its the Durability. Let it be against a Thor with no hammer or a Hulk.

KillAll
Originally posted by olympian
On this i dont agree. Without the forcefield on, Thor has put the hurt on jugs with a couple of shots. Jugs is no more stronger in relation to an angry Hulk than Thor or Herc are. Theyr rougly the same.

What gives Jugs the nod here its the Durability. Let it be against a Thor with no hammer or a Hulk.

the only thing i wanted to comment on... common mistake is that juggernaut is only invulnerable with his force field up which is false... thor negated the magic which made juggernaut... juggernaut. thor negated his invulnerability, and his force field. a trick that wouldnt happen a second time, as juggernaut knows that one now.

the next issue where thor and juggernaut fight, thor landed blows directly on juggernauts body, and it had no (yes none) effect on juggernaut.

olympian
Thing is in one of those fights where Jugs field was off ( at least i recall it was off..), he took shots from Thor and even the helmet got out.

In no means im saying without the force field hes easy. Without it and pound for pound its like High class of strengh guys figthing. And Jugs one of them.

But what makes Jugs overkill to put down its exacty his mistical field.

KillAll
Juggernaut doesnt use his "field" all that often... can you even name a handful of times where he uses it??? if he used it all the time, the helmet would never be removed, and juggernaut would be pretty much incapable of losing by a physical match up. or any match up really. the only way would be to attack the enchantments that make him juggernaut (some kind of mage) or by ring outs/teleporting.

this is a physical match up, and the only reason the hulk/juggernaut debate has been going on so long, is the hulk supporters say hulk -can- win because of his potential to be stronger. a potential hercules doesnt have... juggernaut doesnt need to erect the force field for hercules, hercules has no way of countering the enchantments that make juggernaut invulnerable, or unstoppable. he could match him blow for blow... until juggernauts start to a take a toll on old herc... then he falls, juggernaut still unfazed big grin

KillAll
didnt mean to double post...

olympian
Thats what im saying. Hes not always portrated that way.

About the tool, no big grin Herc while not having the advantage of empowering his strengh over he does have some that will help him in the stalemate.

Immortality. Hercules can fight as long as he wants.

Static strengh. It matchs those of Thor and angry Hulk and unlike the Hulk that -can- fluctuate, Hercs doesnt. He never lose any of his power in the middle of the fight.

Endless Stamina. He doesnt tire.

Durability. Less than Jugs but high as well. And higher than Thor. Herc never got hurt against Thor or Hulk. The only time i recall he got hurt was against the sneak attack of Goliath and the further dogpile of all the Masters of Evil on him, and even that didnt killed him.

They will match blow for blow. Jugs however isent stronger. What he is its more difficult to put down. Jugs punches wont make Herc bleed the slighest. And the other way as well.

Thats why i see it as a stalemate.

olympian
"didnt mean to double post..."

You didnt double post.

long pig
I've argued that fact, if he never took his shield down, he'd never lose to anyone.
That's pretty much the only excuse for him not using it, no one is that dumb.

olympian
Not saying he would win against everybody. Most of those would be stalemates.

But yea losing wouldnt happen.

KillAll
Immortality. Hercules can fight as long as he wants.

immortality, means he cannot die wink you must be talking about stamina?? as in he doesnt tire??? cause juggernaut is immortal also... either way, juggernaut as both these abilities so this point is moot.

Static strengh. It matchs those of Thor and angry Hulk and unlike the Hulk that -can- fluctuate, Hercs doesnt. He never lose any of his power in the middle of the fight.

and juggernaut does??? no...

Endless Stamina. He doesnt tire.

Durability. Less than Jugs but high as well. And higher than Thor. Herc never got hurt against Thor or Hulk. The only time i recall he got hurt was against the sneak attack of Goliath and the further dogpile of all the Masters of Evil on him, and even that didnt killed him.

no matter how you look at it, juggernaut is leaps and bounds more durable than herc in any form...

They will match blow for blow. Jugs however isent stronger. What he is its more difficult to put down. Jugs punches wont make Herc bleed the slighest. And the other way as well.

who said anything about bleeding??? a k.o. is innevitable. the longer the fight drags out, the more it favors juggernaut... its that simple... you know it, and so do i big grin, that and herc is more liable to break his hand than to hurt juggernaut.

Thats why i see it as a stalemate.

its not a stalemate... juggernaut -will- win in the end. the only thing that herc has on juggernaut, is fighting skills.

olympian
"immortality, means he cannot die you must be talking about stamina?? as in he doesnt tire??? cause juggernaut is immortal also... either way, juggernaut as both these abilities so this point is moot."

Both. Its not a major point being immortal if you cant last as long as you live. Theyr both tireless.

"no matter how you look at it, juggernaut is leaps and bounds more durable than herc in any form..."

And where did i said he wasent? He gets the nod just because of that.

"who said anything about bleeding??? a k.o. is innevitable. the longer the fight drags out, the more it favors juggernaut... its that simple... you know it, and so do i , that and herc is more liable to break his hand than to hurt juggernaut. "

No. What is more possible is Herc being ko than Jugs. Is it going to happen? I dont recall him Knocking out Hulk in every fight.

And breaking the hand? A guy who punked and ripped Terminus armour apart like it was nothing? If Thor and Hulk dont, Herc wont either. Your exageratting here already.

"the longer the fight drags out, the more it favors juggernaut... its that simple"

That would be if he got stronger..wich he doesnt. Or that herc would tire. Wich he also doesnt. " what longer the fight drags " thing is that? It doesnt matter how much they fight, they wont tire or lose anything in theyr fight at all. Both have advantages over each other.

olympian
"its not a stalemate... juggernaut -will- win in the end. the only thing that herc has on juggernaut, is fighting skills"

The only thing Jugs has on Herc its durability. Strengtwise theyr even. Figthing skills Herc has it all over Jugs to put him down and outsmart him. The rest theyr physically even.

" only thing " ha

long pig
Are you positive Hercules -never- tires? I know his stamina is godly, but never tiring is something new.

Jug can wear him down, I consider Hercules Thor's physical superior, but he would still be wore down after fighting for a few days.

Every punch Jug's lands will hurt, Hercules won't ever hurt jugs.
It's just a matter of time and lucky punches.

Betageuze
dont underestimate Hercules.... he has no fear... even not from Juggernaut... Juggy is a force .. without a question ... but he is not unbeatable..... and Hercules has so many fighting experience... so many durability... raw , awesome power.... i give him chances to beat the Juggernaut... yes

olympian
"Are you positive Hercules -never- tires? I know his stamina is godly, but never tiring is something new"

Thats why im standing with the point. If he didnt he would eventually lose.

Immortal hercules never got tired in a fight as far as i know. Certainly never against Thor, Thing, Savage Hulk, Terminus, an army of Hulks or against hundred of Dire Whraits, Growing man etc. Even in later years during infinity crusade he never did. And he went against Thanos twice with others heroes help.

"Every punch Jug's lands will hurt"

Hurt more than the other way yes. But lets not make it like Herc has no durability. His durability is higher than Thors. He can take punishment, and Jugs is not stronger to overcome that difference. Hurt more hell yeah, the enough to ko him? No.

About the punching i agree, his figthing skills will be of more use.

ImmortalOne
And he will eventually lose, right...... You said it yourself.

olympian
Where?

What i did said was Jugs has one chance in many to ko him out while Herc wont if Jugs keeps his force field up.

Jugs isent that strong that hes going to Ko Herc while he never did against Thor with strenght. Herc is more durable. Tireless, never loses strengh like the other guy.

Its likely a stalemate.

ImmortalOne
Originally posted by KillAll
immortality, means he cannot die wink you must be talking about stamina?? as in he doesnt tire??? cause juggernaut is immortal also... either way, juggernaut as both these abilities so this point is moot.

no matter how you look at it, juggernaut is leaps and bounds more durable than herc in any form...

who said anything about bleeding??? a k.o. is innevitable. the longer the fight drags out, the more it favors juggernaut... its that simple... you know it, and so do i big grin, that and herc is more liable to break his hand than to hurt juggernaut.

its not a stalemate... juggernaut -will- win in the end. the only thing that herc has on juggernaut, is fighting skills.

tadahh Happy Dance

snoopdogg
This is kind of a mismatch really. Both of these guys are gonna stand in front of each other and trade blows.

Only one charcter can pull this off agaisnt Juggy and that is Hulk due to his healing factor.

Juggy wins imo.

ImmortalOne
Well then, you have a perfect opinion, Snoop Doggy Dogg Dogg

olympian
Herc has a healing factor also. Its just slower than Hulk.

And having both the durability these have, you think punches are going to make that much of a damage?

Wynndar
Herc breaking his hand on Jug? HAHAHA wow way to underestimate Herc. But yea, these guys are tied in terms of strength and Stamina. Jugs is more Durable as far as i can tell. But Herc has demonstrated more impressive feats of strength.

olympian
Regular Jugs other than fighting the guys he fough doesnt have feat strenghts.

Its a toss up - for me - with a sligh edge for Jugs due to higer durability.

And that breaking the hands part was fun. The guy never broke them but against Jugs he would.

Wynndar
Nah i def dont think Herc could hurt his hand on anything less durable than Adamantine. Like someone said, Herc ripped through Terminus' armor which is just short of adamantium...maybe. I still say Jugs has an edge due to the durability, but far all we know Herc is still stronger.

olympian
I think it was me who referred about Terminus. That was during the Roger Stern era.

Terminus killed the savage land, kazar called help to the avengers, they all fought, Herc was the last man standing and punked him by ripping the armour and let him to die.

Wynndar
Yea i have that issue. And in the marvel directory years ago it described how durable Terminus' armor was too, which was pretty freaking strong. So i say Herc's not going to be breaking anything against Jug's body. I dont think Jugs is going to shrug Herc off very easily either, he has been put on his butt by Colossus who isnt nearly as impressive as Herc.

olympian
For all that its me a stalemate. None have an offensive long range weapon to take the other. While Jugs have a better defense, Hercules have a better attack and is much more skilled.

This is going to take days and it will end inconclusive. Marvel style stick out tongue

leonidas
how can herc win? if anyone is gonna win it would be juggs, but i really can't see that either. tie.

olympian
I didnt said Herc is going to win. I said its a stalemate.

KillAll
Originally posted by Wynndar
Herc breaking his hand on Jug? HAHAHA wow way to underestimate Herc.

i didnt say he WOULD break his hand definately... i said his hand would break long before juggernaut was HURT... way to try to put words into my mouth...

And breaking the hand? A guy who punked and ripped Terminus armour apart like it was nothing? If Thor and Hulk dont, Herc wont either. Your exageratting here already.

read above about the hand... you 2 are doing what he is. i'm exagerating nothing... juggernaut has knocked thor out within the confines of a single comic. juggernaut has knocked hulk out within the confines of a single comic. juggernaut has made thor question his own life. thor has called juggernaut "unbeatable"... has thor ever said anything like that about hercules??

That would be if he got stronger..wich he doesnt. Or that herc would tire. Wich he also doesnt. " what longer the fight drags " thing is that? It doesnt matter how much they fight, they wont tire or lose anything in theyr fight at all. Both have advantages over each other.

hercules has one advantage... thats fighting skill. what i'm saying about the fight lasting longer ='s favoring juggernaut, is that eventually (no set time limit) it will take a toll on hercules' body, but not on juggernauts. eventually herc will fall. herc could win the fights, if they are short, or interrupted, but the longer it drags out, it favors juggernaut more and more...

olympian
"i didnt say he WOULD break his hand definately... i said his hand would break long before juggernaut was HURT... way to try to put words into my mouth..."

I aware its a playing wth words but force field or not that would never happen.

"juggernaut has knocked thor out within the confines of a single comic. juggernaut has knocked hulk out within the confines of a single comic."

Knocked Thor out for good? Your not thinking 8th day Jugs are you. Hercules has overpowered Thor before as well.

"thor has called juggernaut "unbeatable"... has thor ever said anything like that about hercules??"

Thats his gig, of course while he has called him that Jugs isent actually unbeatable. And nah he never said Herc was so, just that he had never faced anyone like him before.

"hercules has one advantage... thats fighting skill. what i'm saying about the fight lasting longer ='s favoring juggernaut, is that eventually (no set time limit) it will take a toll on hercules' body"

What i ask is how will time favor Jugs if Herc as immortal never got tired before. Ever wonder why Hulk never won a fight against him? He always gets back and doesnt tire at all. Otherwise if he didnt had that kind of stamina Hulk would eventually overpower him thanks to a higher rage increase. Wich never happened.

olympian
"herc will fall. herc could win the fights, if they are short, or interrupted, but the longer it drags out, it favors juggernaut more and more..."

How will he fall if he doesnt tire or age like jugs. Juggernaut isent stronger than he is wich means he wont Ko him out after a short or long fight. Herc durability like strengh its always up. And Jugs power is static also.

He has better defense but lower offensive ways. Both are physically matched in a way the fight will finish without a winner.

long pig
Hercules may not tire, but he indeed does feel pain, and pain causes fatigue which causes sloppyness which leads to being K.O'd by Jugs.

Jug on the otherhand won't ever feel a bit of pain or tingle, Hercules can't win this unless he gets a ring out or if he runs away.

olympian
Long. Herc as immortal didnt felt much pain before. Except some cases when he was ko. One was Iron man but it was a long range attack using the whole energy of the mansion. Another was during the mansions siege where he was drunk, drugged, dogpiled, sneaked and dogpiled again. He is able to feel more than Jugs but it doesnt tire him out unless its something along these conditions.

"and pain causes fatigue which causes sloppyness which leads to being K.O'd by Jugs"

He never felt fatigue before. When he first became Mortal he said he didnt felt fatigue in centuries.

Its a tie with a sligh edge to Jugs.

long pig
That's a bit hard to believe, but I trust you.

Then I agree to it as it being a tie.

olympian
Considering Jugs doesnt carry long range attacks in high measure. ( The iron man trick was kinda the same the he used to Ko Hulk too, once ). Or doesnt have other guys with him to help, i fail to see how is he going to take someone whos thougher than Thor in durability, same raw strengh and more skilled.

And im not saying by any means that Herc has a chance to Ko or win here.

Tough Guy
juggie would need a physcal opponent of hulks stature to lose. herc i think is just on the level strong , ie doesnt increase and isnt powerful enough to be up thir with hulks outputs. also olympian stop going on as though huk has met herc more than he has to put your point accross. the two have had less conclusive fights than hulk juggie, that themselves were quit inconclusive. and get a microscope for your weener

olympian
"juggie would need a physcal opponent of hulks stature to lose"

whistle He never lost against the hulk mano a mano.

"the two have had less conclusive fights than hulk juggie, that themselves were quit inconclusive."

All fights between Hulk/herc and Hulk/Jugs never had a clear winner. Wich means = stalemates.

KillAll
i'm not saying the longer the fight drags out, it favors juggernaut because herc will get tired or fatigue, i am saying:

the longer the fight drags out, it favors juggernaut because eventually, juggernaut will start to hurt herc. eventually his body will get battered. juggernaut has the strength, stamina, and durabilty to do such a thing.

olympian
I already said thats a possibility. Thing is without being 8th day Juggernaut when has he in regular levels knocked Thor out ? Hurting only takes you so far.

Possibility its a Juggernaut win, but more likely its a tie considering how Marvel fights go and considering how these two are evenly matched at each other and both having theyr own advantages.

Id like to see this one made actually.

Tough Guy
kill all im saying herc wuld need to be at hulks level to have a chance of defeating juggie thats all. herc would lose this as hasnt got unlimited strength or healing to take the battle to juggie im afraid

olympian
no expression

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/-story2page06-.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Hulk2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Hulk3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/-story2page09-.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/-story2page10-.jpg

+

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/4152/avengersih316f0yp.jpg

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/8779/avengersih316g5ee.jpg

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/2019/avengersih316h2xu.jpg

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/1092/avengersih316i7he.jpg

+

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050628041014&q=Hercules

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Thorvs.jpg

Yeah hes not on Hulks level alright. Or Thor.

Tough Guy
er yes he isnt. hulk has had many fights that are the same. stopped before a definitive conclusion. its what writers do to continue the mystique of the duel. hence these boards . at no point was the hulk shown reaching the levels of strength he has in the past and he wont cos it would be boring seeing him punch the lights out of everybody. juggie and herc are probably similar in strength, i just dont think herc would be able to ( unlike hulk) amp his strength anywhere near the level required to do any dammage

olympian
"er yes he isnt. hulk has had many fights that are the same. stopped before a definitive conclusion"

Works both ways. Aside from his low showing against lameass mortal Herc, what damage did the Hulk ever do to him? They both get hurt by each other and nothing more.

This concept you have that others arent in Hulk class its a joke. Marvel since forever wrote and showed that against these guys his strenght doesnt go up that way. Lifting something its not the same as fighting. Theyr rougly the same with each having its own advantages.

"i just dont think herc would be able to ( unlike hulk) amp his strength anywhere near the level required to do any dammage"

His normal strengh hurts the Hulk already. Now if you mean able to Ko the Hull? Unless Hulk its weak then no. Thing is Hulk never did it either.

The last point your correct. Hulk strenght increase is more than Herc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.