Darth Tyrannus and Assaji Ventress vs. Mace Windu and Cin Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkDethbringer
at the hangar in the end of aotc Mace and Cin followed the trail of Dooku only to find the jedi assasin waiting.

Darth Windu
Sith are owned.

Human Vader
Dooku managed to beat Mace before and Cin completely outmatches Asajj. Cin would defeat Asajj before Dooku could beat Mace. It would be tough after that because Dooku MIGHT be able to hold both of them off or seperate them and defeat them one on one. I don't think thats very likely though. This one goes to the jeedai.

Darth Windu
Yes but Dooku defeated Mace at least thirteen years before ROTS. And in Dark Rendezvous: Yoda, Yoda states that out of all the other Jedi in the Temple, only Mace would be able to stand against him and have a chance of defeating him. So, Mace would have had to improved with his skills if Yoda considers him to be a match for Dooku. Now, as you stated HV, Cin would annihilate Ventress, leaving Dooku to fend for himself. Now, as much as I like Dooku, and as great a Sith Lord and duelist he may be, I highly doubt that he can stand alone against two of the best duelists in the Jedi Order. What I don't get is how Anakin beat him with one hand.

Admiral Akbar
Cin was protecting the children, so it was a shock to him that anakin was striking, dont go by what ROTs the game say's drallig was as suprised as that alligator jedi who was owned by jango. In AOTC

Darth_Janus
You could be right, Ackbar. I wish I knew for certain... Cin's role in the movie I never noticed, and I have yet to read the novelisation of Episode III (Which I will say for the umpteenth time, really blows a lot of theories out of the water. If the book had been written by GL or James Luceno, I might entertain its theories) Anyways, don't be so quick to discredit Ventress. She may have lost to Anakin (Read: The Chosen One/Hero auf dem Welt) once, but she's squared off with Kit Fisto and bested him, defeated two Jedi masters and killed them (One of them she fought twice and defeated both times) and she's gotten the best of Obi-Wan kinda sorta once or twice. She's not Sith elite, nor a Jedi master, but she can hold her own, make no mistake. And since Dooku himself trained her, they may work as a team well. I personally have no idea from reading the Clone Wars novels.

Anyways, Cin Drallig is a passive fighter if you observe his style. He blends Forms II, V, and VII. However, note that Dooku is the master of Form II and could easily hold Cin Drallig off. If Ventress was clever, which I believe she is, she could exploit Dooku as a shield until an opportunity appears in which the Sith can take the lead here. But really, Mace Windu could easily tear her apart out int he open, so it all depends on if she can keep Mace distracted long enough for Cin to become One with the Force.

But in accord with my ODDs rule, the odds are against Dooku and Ventress, though I had ot speak up because Ventress gets a worse rap then she should, especially because so few of the people here have read the Clone Wars novels.

Darth Windu
Well, Ventress took out Kit because she'd been studying his fighting style for a couple of minutes while he dealt with her underlings. She knew what to expect from him, and how we would react to certain attacks. I think the battle may have been different if they'd fought in different circumstances. However, I'm in no way undermining Ventress' ability. I'm merely stating that in a straight-up duel, either Cin or Mace could take her out.

I agree however, thta she is shrewd, and a clever fighter, so she might be able to pull of some miracle, but I think the Jedi Masters could pull something off first.

Darth_Janus
I think so too. Really, it's not a balanced fight. I'm going to make one that is.

Darth Windu
Lol, I haven't actually seen a real fight from you ever. Just the Disclaimer and that Political thing.

Darth_Janus
I used to make them all the time. I'm gonna make a mess of em now.

SnakeEyes
I believe the Sith could pull this off. I have a comic (Star Wars Jedi: Mace Windu), where Asajj and Mace fight each other, and neither one is holding back. Ventress manages to hold off Mace for a long time, having to resort to connecting her sabers and making them double-bladed, but she eventually escapes...

Darth Windu
A long time being four panels. And that's in the graphic novel Clone Wars: Volume 1.

Darth_Janus
Welcome back, SnakeEyes.

SnakeEyes
Hello there. I stop by here every now and then...

Darth_Janus
I see that. Everytime you are here, I am no longer the veteran of this subforum.

Admiral Akbar
Snake is a veteran also? Never knew. ANd those comics are nonsense, i have volume 2, and in there, 5 jedi masters are owned by durge and assaj, that makes no sense that they both have superior powers over to ancient jedi, and master kenobi, so even if the comic states that assaj could hold off against mace I manage not to believe that sort of thing, Its really a dark jedi knight, assaj is not a master against a 2nd best jedi master who has much more power. Maybe Assaj does have some brains, but Do you think mace has none? Note: If assaj fights him to long mace finds her shatterpoint and its all over. Cin and Dooku would have a lonnnnnng fight. MAce would be there to assit him ASAP.

Darth Windu
Ventress is better than you give her credit for. Obviously Mace would own her in a straight duel, as would Cin. But Ventress is crafty; she wouldn't engage Windu head on if she thought it was going to be a life-or-death battle, with her ending up dead. Anyway, Cin wouldn't last against Dooku as well as Mace would. He'd fight well, but not well enough.

Darth_Janus
How the hell did Ventress die, btw?

Darth Windu
In the cartoons, Anakin knocked her of a cliff. In the EU Comics from Dark Horse, he throws her into a tangle of wires and she falls from a tower or ship or something; don't really know.

Darth_Janus
And when chronologically is this? It's not at +33 months of the Clone War, during Dark Rendezvouz. She's alive and escapes then. And the war ended at 36 months.

Darth Windu
I just checked online like a second ago, and people on other forums are stumped too. Maybe the EU writers forgot to kill her off . . . .

Darth_Janus
Well, Luceno, as I recall, didn't even mention her in Labyrinth of Evil. There may have been a dispute of her validity as a character since she was never featured in-movie. But yeah, she never died so much as I saw in the books. And I never watched the Clone Wars cartoon. The artwork (Or any "zany" artwork like that) irks me so much I couldn't watch it in one sitting. And I don't have money and time to find every damn comic out.

Darth Windu
Wll, LOE was right before ROTS, so she wouldn't be mentioned. And I just read comics at Barnes and Noble lol.

darthsith19
Mace beats Tyranus, Cin beats Asajj.

Sorgo
Originally posted by darthsith19
Mace beats Tyranus, Cin beats Asajj.

Tyranus beats Mace because he has done it once so why can't he do it again.....

And, Asajj gave Anakin a nice scar and survived him, while Cin got his ass kicked by Anakin.

So, Dooku owns Windu, and Ventress owns Drallig.

darthsith19

That was a long time ago, when Mace was probably a Knight or still a Padawan. In Dark Rendezvous it says Mace could take Dooku.

And, Asajj gave Anakin a nice scar and survived him, while Cin got his ass kicked by Anakin.

When did he get that scar? Whiloe still a Padawan?

Sorgo
Originally posted by darthsith19

That was a long time ago, when Mace was probably a Knight or still a Padawan. In Dark Rendezvous it says Mace could take Dooku.

When did he get that scar? Whiloe still a Padawan?

The books are not Canon. They have no relevance to Lucasfilm/Lucasarts. The books mean nothing.

Example: On the ROTS Novel, Kit Fisto loses his head and it is placed on Palpatines desk.

In the movie, Kit is slashed on the chest.

Books win no arguement. They are nothing.

Padawan or not, Asajj still gave him the scar.

Obi Wan killed a Sith Lord as a Padawan. Don't hand me that blanmd line of crap.

DarthMaul9123
mace cant beat dooku if yoda didn't now i know all dooku did was run but still after that long mace would make it longer....but cin could take asajj then they could double team dooku and maybe win ...most likely win if they did it like that

Sorgo
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
mace cant beat dooku if yoda didn't now i know all dooku did was run but still after that long mace would make it longer....but cin could take asajj then they could double team dooku and maybe win ...most likely win if they did it like that

Cin could what?

Cin trained all the Jedi that died on Geonosis.

Asajj held her own against Obi and Kit, and she also gave Anakin a nice scar, while Anakin schooled Cin.

C'mon now!

DarthMaul9123
my bad i have failed the kmc order i ask for forgiveness

Darth Faunus
Sorgo, this is the EU section. We use the books here. and yes they are canon. not the novelizations, because those are merely translations of movies into books. They contain what the author would have wished done with the movie, the author's opinion, if you will. The CW novels are the tales of events that occured during the Clone Wars, without any contradicting facts whatsoever. So, in Dark Rendezvous, when Yoda himself stated that on even ground, no Jedi outside of himself and Mace could stand against Dooku, he was correct. i don't know why you wish to disacknowledge that. . .

Darth_Janus
I wish we had a better idea of how much Mace has come along since Dooku defeated him. A short duel in AOTC would have been nice.

Darth Faunus
My thoughts exactly. . . although we can safely assume that Mace has indeed improved more in terms of dueling skill since his duel. Not to say that he has surpassed Dooku; merely that he has improved in saber-combat by a greater relative amount.

Darth Faunus
Nice sig btw.

atlant80
assaj will attack cin or vise-versa. mace can hold off dooku long enough for cin to beat assaj and then dooku runs because he cant win

Darth_Janus
Thanks, Faunus. Hope you get back soon. Place isn't the same without the whole crew here.

Darth Faunus
I'll be back in the evening. The only reason I've been on in the past week is because I've been mooching off of other peoples' not-so-private connections. smile

Darth_Janus
Good man! I used to be such a net junkie when I first started going online (Back in '99) that I'd probably fight your grandma for a good dial up connection.

Illustrious
My grandma would so win, she's super granny.

Darth_Janus
For a good connection back then, I'd risk the Temple of Doom and then beat down your super nanny.

Illustrious
She'll just topple the Temple of Doom on your silly head.

Darth_Janus
Is your granny an astromech god, Illustrious?

Illustrious
She married Artoo.

Darth_Janus
Damn. Well, that explains how you got the highpriesthood. You blueblood bastard.

Illustrious
Yes, I got good genes.

Darth_Janus
Well I am half sith half jawa royalty. So nyah.

Illustrious
Damn. Tie?

Darth_Janus
Tie.

ESB-1138
Couldn't Dooku take out Cin as fast as he did Obi-Wan? And Mace might be able to take out Assaj fast.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Sorgo, this is the EU section. We use the books here. and yes they are canon. not the novelizations, because those are merely translations of movies into books. They contain what the author would have wished done with the movie, the author's opinion, if you will. The CW novels are the tales of events that occured during the Clone Wars, without any contradicting facts whatsoever. So, in Dark Rendezvous, when Yoda himself stated that on even ground, no Jedi outside of himself and Mace could stand against Dooku, he was correct. i don't know why you wish to disacknowledge that. . .

Books = Non-Canon

In the EU, they are Canon, but i can't stand it when people abuse it in arguements like it's gospel, when in fact, it isn't.

Darth_Glentract
but unless anytthing else in contradicting it, that is above it(movies), it doesn't matter if you don;t like it, it stands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.