Superman and Superman family at Marvel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat

dawsey28
I didn't read all of that. You know, too many words... not enough pictures.

So does this have to do with Superman and Marvel?

Are you saying there is a possibility that Supes could be in the Marvel U?

I guess I should go back and read, huh?

whirlysplat
Supes could end up anywhere, words are your friend Dawsey, don't be scared of thembig grin

Blair Wind
where is this site you speak of??

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Blair Wind
where is this site you speak of??

See the first post Blair

Blair Wind
no you said you had your own site.....where?

whirlysplat
Its a joke kinda, I intend to have one, I didn't say it was up yetbig grin

whirlysplat
bump

grey fox
bump

Lord-of-Dreams
... i guess i should say 'bump' too???? Meh, don't think I will...

So... Marvel Supes, eh? Sounds dumb. I expect that they would have him fight Wolverine and get chopped up, just for the publicity. Anyway, a lot of the readers would leave the Super-title. I would really like to see a Magestic-boy, though!! lol If I were DC, I'd just kill Supes and Bring in Magestic- as advised- but not make him a copy, I'd keep the same old guy, just amp his credit. Give him some huge appearances and all that. Make him bang WW...

ScarletSpider
I wouldn't mind Marvel doing Superman. As long as they didn't stick him, retroactively, into regular Marvel continuity. I'd like to see them start him over in an Ultimate title, or under the Icon imprint.

long pig
No, not at all.

If Marvel tries this, EVEN IF IT'S LEGAL, I'll lose respect for them.

Superman is DC, fans know this everyone knows this, don't **** with history because you want more money.

Royalties are all that should be given, if anything.

Sometimes respect is worth more than money.

Superherovandal
seriously i thought that Siegel sold Supes to DC. meaning he's theirs.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by long pig
No, not at all.

Superman is DC, fans know this everyone knows this, don't **** with history because you want more money.

Co-signed. Though I'd get a small guilty pleasure of them ripping DC's biggest icon out from under them.

TheKahn
Originally posted by long pig
No, not at all.

I can certainly respect that point of view, but personally I wouldn't mind it a great deal. I don't know if I feel like DC deserves to have Superman because of the crappy way they treated his creator (and their heirs) given the untold millions they have made off Superman over the years.

I think DC should do the honorable thing, give the heirs to the estates a fair amount of money, and settle this once and for all.

Femi32
Originally posted by TheKahn
I can certainly respect that point of view, but personally I wouldn't mind it a great deal. I don't know if I feel like DC deserves to have Superman because of the crappy way they treated his creator (and their heirs) given the untold millions they have made off Superman over the years.

I think DC should do the honorable thing, give the heirs to the estates a fair amount of money, and settle this once and for all.

thumb up

I don't mind crossovers, but Supes should never be a permanent Marvel character. It's wrong. They would probably have him jobbing to Wolverine or Spider-man.

Marvel would probably rename Sentry as Superman.

Quick Freeze
give them the heirs their money and let dc keep making supes stories duh

roughrider
DC hasn't had a problem, over the decades, buying out publishers and taking the characters for their own. Still, Superman going to Marvel would send an enourmous shockwave.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by roughrider
DC hasn't had a problem, over the decades, buying out publishers and taking the characters for their own. Still, Superman going to Marvel would send an enourmous shockwave.

Gaiman has said Marvel will get Miracleman when the legal wrangles are sorted which is ironic as "Moores Marvel/Miracleman" first appeared in Captain Britain (UK Marvel) before Warrior magazine or Eclipse had him. It might be a time for shockwaves!!!

Milkie
DEATH TO SUPERMAN!!!!

Dayscribe
If Superman came to Marvel, he'd get a big revamp, new costume, and probably some really deep writing.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Dayscribe
If Superman came to Marvel, he'd get a big revamp, new costume, and probably some really deep writing.

What makes you think he doesn't get it now? A character maintain over 50 years of comics with bad writing.

meep-meep
I'd like to see SM in Marvel and not so Marvel could abuse him. I suspect if he were to become part of Marvel their would be a brief period of time where readership would sky rocket.

I'm pretty confident that Marvel could come up with some great stories for him.

I would love to see Superman trash Wolverine.....and who cares about WW. She'd die of depression if S left. Mr. Majestic has his chance with her right now but apparently she doesn't even notice him. Superman on the otherhand doesn't even need to try to get the girls oggling over him. And if DC did lose Superman and then proceeded to discredit him well I d tell them to STFU and quit whinning like a bunch of....whinners . I'd really hate and despise DC if they did that.

ExodusCloak
On the bright side, if Supes does get shafted to Marvel, we'll get to see how resistant he truly is to the Marvel Telepaths, adamantium, Magneto and his shields etc.. A lot of our theories would be answered.
However, I don't think the MU is big enough for Gladiator, Sentry, Hyperion and Supes.

What I don't want to see is Supes going hand to hand with Wolverine.

Jimmy Buggs
Superman going to marvel would be the biggest event in comic history. If he does go he needs to bring his history - villians and lois. Also they need to throw him into the top very quickly. He should end the civil war! What if they told superman he had to give up who he realy was.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
Superman going to marvel would be the biggest event in comic history. If he does go he needs to bring his history - villians and lois. Also they need to throw him into the top very quickly. He should end the civil war! What if they told superman he had to give up who he realy was.

I would hate it if that happened. I think they should kill off Lois Lane, keep his villians out of the MU make Mystique his new love interest and put him up against Thanos.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs

If he does transfer i doubt they'd bring his supporting characters (friends/villains) ... they'd just have him tell everyone that he's become displaced from his own universe (maybe say it exploded or something stick out tongue ) so that he can't go back.... they would have a brief period of him trying to return home, then a couple of years or so of him travelling MU Earth coming to grips with everything and getting into confrontations with both heroes and villains to establish his MU power stats

Maybe he'd travel to the coordinates of Krypton to see if there's anything there

But, nah..... I doubt it would ever happen to begin with

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
However, I don't think the MU is big enough for Gladiator, Sentry, Hyperion and Supes.

Are you kidding? Trust me, when there's money involved and a potential for an increase in readership, the unverse is plenty big enough for anyone and everyone.

I would love it if Superman became a permanent fixture in the MU.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
What I don't want to see is Supes going hand to hand with Wolverine.

Why not?

That would finally squash all of that nonsense from Wolverine fans claiming that Wolverine could beat Superman in a straight up fight.

If it actually were to happen, I'm sure that the storyline would be that he was somehow displaced from "that other universe" just like somebody posted earlier.

Superman probably won't mention any outright names of fellow JLers, but they would probably be alluded to.

MattDay
the man of marvel.... superman.

that would be crazy, he'd be in constant fights with thor, hulk, sentry, iron man, gladiator, thanos, all the heavyweights, he wouldn't get a rest from it.

MattDay
and banging she hulk why he's at it

Darth Jello
if this happens, it's at least an opportunity to bring back Access.

superman41082
Superman will never end up at Marvel.

olympian
Originally posted by dawsey28
I didn't read all of that. You know, too many words... not enough pictures.

So does this have to do with Superman and Marvel?

Are you saying there is a possibility that Supes could be in the Marvel U?

I guess I should go back and read, huh?

Well........yeah.

olympian
Originally posted by roughrider

Originally posted by TheKahn

Bingo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.