Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Malak and Bastila

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Windu
A line of crimson fire was drawn across Kit Fisto's chest as the the great Master fell, joining his Jedi allies in the afterlife. A tall figure stood towering over the Nautolan's body, as a blade of fire was withdrawn into its intricately designed hilt. A young woman with striking features stood near him, foot resting on the corpse of a Zabrak Jedi, a hole burned through his stomach. Nearby lay a decapacitated Itkotchi Master, his horns cloven in to by a blade that was golden like the noon sun. And sprawled over his elaborate senatorial desk was the body of the would-be Emperor, the Dark Lord Sidious, whose Sith lighning had been turned upon himself by a young Jedi's last act of defiance against the Darkness. Of course, the two beings standing in the Chamber couldn't let him live; he possessed far too much power and presented too great of a threat. The young, curly haired Jedi's blue blade had been extinguished along with his life by the black-clad woman's golden blades.

Across the hall, Master Windu struggled to hold on to a ledge outside the rooms shattered window. Anakin, in an act of both defiance and valiance shown by few, had leapt in front of the Jedi Master and shoved him out the broken window, keeping him from killing the Sith Lord. He however, killed the Dark one himself. Summoning the Force into himself, he had thrown the Dark Lord into his chamber, shattering his back on his desk. The Dark Lord had fired one last, desperate volley of lightning while nearly paralyzed on the floor, but it was deflected back into his heart by a blade as blue as the sky. The Korun Master hanging of the ledge had been there for some time, struggling to regain his energy and get back up. He had heard screams that belonged to his fellow Jedi, who had been thrown aside like rag dolls by the Emperor. Then, he heard the bloodcurdling sound of death, as Anakin had fell from the window, a look of pain, surprise, and sorrow on his face as his body fell to the ground below, cloven in two. But Mace didn't know what had happened. He'd seen the Emperor's death, but had slipped to a lower ledge afterwards. What Dark Creature could be behind those walls, through that mirror?

Suddenly he heard the roar of a ion-driven engine, and turned slightly to see Obi-Wan behind him in an airspeeder. The Jedi Master floated under him, and Mace dropped on top of the speeder. He pointed up, and Obi Wan steadily raised the ship until it was parallel to the window. Mace leapt into the building, and turning around, saw Kenobi engage the repulsorlifts to park the craft in the air as he followed Mace in. Mace picked his lightsaber from the floor and ignited it, as Obi Wan did the same. And a moment later, Palpatine's desk flew through the doors from across the hallway, just barely missing the Jedi pair as their superhuman reflexes threw them to the ground, out of harms way. The desk slammed into the hovering ship outside, igniting the engine and causing the ship to explode in a ball of fire. As the Jedi stood up shakily, two tall, dark forms entered the room. They pulled out their lightsabers, the taller, masculine form igniting a crimson blade, as the lean, purely feminine form's lightsaber blade glowed golden, it's shining blade extruding from a hilt almost twice the normal length. Both Jedi and Sith exchanged flourishes and salutes respective ot their forms of combat forms. And the next second they flew at eachother, blades of gold, crimson, cyan, and violet flashing faster than the eye could see. The battle had begun.

Darth Windu
Sorry for the long intro; I just got into the mood. smile

Darth_Janus
Not a problem, Matthew Stover. Not a problem. lol... Well, excellent backdrop. Trying to raise the bar for me, eh?

Darth Windu
Lol. Nah, I was just in the mood. And Stover's got nothing on me, lol. (jk)

Darth_Janus
Me either. Hell, I make James Luceno look like an amatuer with the plot twist.

Darth Windu
James Luceno? He's got nothing on you lol.

Anyone have opinions for the thread?

Darth_Janus
Well, a Sith Bastila will be obnoxious for Obi-Wan, but his defense should hold, if only for a time. Malak, however, is an ancient Sith and almost as cool but definately stronger than Mace. It depends on if Obi-Wan can successfully eliminate or disable Bastila in time to help Mace with Malak. And even then I can't say if both the Jedi will be walking out alive.

Darth Windu
I agree.

I think it's all but impossible for both Jedi to come out of this alive. But I think Obi-Wan's Soresu would allow him to get the leg up on Bastila. She's pretty arrogant herself, much like Anakin, and might present a weakness for Obi-Wan to exploit.

Also, as I've said, I think Malak could defeat Mace, but it wouldn't happen immediately. I think Obi-Wan might be able to exploit a weakness in Bastila by then, but if not, the Jedi are gone.

Admiral Akbar
Mace has the power to hold of against Malak, as for kenobi, he is always lucky, and bastilla might pull sometihng stupid, which gives obi wan the chance to finish him. This is debatable however, where is the setting?

Darth Windu
Did you read the that three paragraph work of art called the backdrop? Just kidding lol. It takes place in the same place that Palpatine fought the Jedi Masters. Also, the outside is accessible, not to mention the bodies of multiple people, and debris, which can be used to an advantage.

Please read the story in the beginning. I put effort into that man, EFFORT!!!!

Darth_Janus
lol.... Roight.

Darth Windu
Are you mocking me?

Darth_Janus
Nope. Just agreeing with an accent.

Darth Windu
Okay. I was just kidding, I hope you know. People, POST!!!!!!!!! Even biased fools who don't know what they're talking about, POST!!!!!!!!!

Nai Fohl
Erm...well...

Mace and Obi-Wan take this.

Obi-Wan is hell of a lightsaber duelist when he is on his own at least in ROTS times. Compare his fight with Dooku (together with Anakin) and than take the fight vs Anakin when he is on his own. Bastila is a Padawan (!) and I give her exactly zero chance against a Jedi Master on council level who has mastered form III, has 3 years of frontline experience (clone wars), survived Maul + Dooku and defeated Anakin.

Mace is just a phenomenon when it comes to lightsaber combat. He invented Vaapad when he was 13 years old, reached council level when he was 28. He also posesses a lot of frontline experience (clone wars) and combat experience from other missions. I'm quite sure that he can take Malak on his own.

At least Obi-Wan will kill Bastila while Mace and Malak are still fighting and then join Mace. Mace + Obi-Wan are just too much for Malak. Jedi win.

Fishy
Bastila is not a Padawan she is a knight, and she thought she was close to becoming a Master, and I would not be surprised by it. She has the power and the experience, she would have seen a lot of important battles and probably fought a few times against Dark Jedi before she met Revan too because of her battle meditation.

She has fought a long time. When she serves Malak she does seem arrogant like she is all powerful but she knows when she has lost and she is no fool. Her fight against Obi Wan would take some time but I do not think that Obi Wan will kill her fast if at all.

At the same time you have Malak and Mace fighting, Malak will win that eventually. I don't know how fast compared to the other fight but I think we can say he would do it in a reasonable amount of time.

If Obi Wan can kill Bastila before Malak defeats Mace he has a chance, but Bastila will throw those corpses at the debris at Obi Wan everytime Obi gets an edge so I don't think he will be able to do that.

Darth Windu
I agree with Fishy's last statement. I do think that Obi-Wan could take Bastila, if after a rather grueling duel. Bastila's pretty strong, but Obi-Wan's most likely a better swordsman, and definetely a more controlled and calm one. I've already expressed my opinions on Mace and Malak on like, the past six threads.

Darth Plagues
I say Obi-Wan and Mace take this one. Either of them can take Bastila and Mace could use his shatterpoint ability and/or his Vapaad on Malak so Kenobi and Windu win, without any casualties.

Emperor Revan
I think this is a pretty close fight. Mace would have a tough time with Malak and Obi would have a fairly tough time with Bastila. Bastila's a lot tougher IMO than most give her credit for and she could hold her own but in the end I think Obi would take this. Mace I believe would eventually defeat Malak on his own but with Obi's help, Malak would go down quick.

Darth_Janus
Meh. A few things:

- Nai, Mace's accomplishments are nice, but read Shatterpoint and Labyrinth of Evil and then base your opinion off of him in action at the HEIGHT of his abilities. He may have invented Vaapad, but that is not the proverbial Golden Ticket to whupass. Remember that.

- With Obi-Wan: remember that Nick Gillard, the man responsible for the lightsaber duels in the PT, stated that Form III was heavy on defense and blaster bolt reflection, using close movements with little effort. He also said in effect that a form III master would be virtually impervious to attack. However, neither would this master be able to neccessarily gain the advantage. And since we don't know if Bastila is heavy on Juyo, Makashi, or whatever, we can't say for certain just how close they would be in combat. But keep in mind the FMV of Bastila in KOTOR I, on Revan's flagship. She singlehandedly destroys a dark jedi just using the single blade of her lightsaber. She is far from some mere padawan and an amatuer. And lastly, Bastila along with Malak has had a multitude of experience versus other Force using, lightsaber wielding foes with the intent to kill (ANd not some academy training session) for several years.

- Lastly, Shatterpoint does NOT make Mace Windu god. Remember that. Matthew Stover, author of Shatterpoint and the resident expert on the ability, is clear to point out that, while Mace has the natural ability to sense weak points in things via the Force, he is still a mortal man and can be defeated. The usual logic around here involves Vaapad>All else. Get over it... Vaapad is a rare and new fighting style, but it is, again, not the Golden Ticket to whupass.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
- With Obi-Wan: remember that Nick Gillard, the man responsible for the lightsaber duels in the PT, stated that Form III was heavy on defense and blaster bolt reflection, using close movements with little effort. He also said in effect that a form III master would be virtually impervious to attack. However, neither would this master be able to neccessarily gain the advantage. And since we don't know if Bastila is heavy on Juyo, Makashi, or whatever, we can't say for certain just how close they would be in combat. But keep in mind the FMV of Bastila in KOTOR I, on Revan's flagship. She singlehandedly destroys a dark jedi just using the single blade of her lightsaber. She is far from some mere padawan and an amatuer. And lastly, Bastila along with Malak has had a multitude of experience versus other Force using, lightsaber wielding foes with the intent to kill (ANd not some academy training session) for several years.

I want you to keep in mind that the only one that ever defeated Obi-Wan in a lightsaber duel was Dooku. Now Dooku is not only clearly more powerful than Obi-Wan he is a master of form II and he practioned lightsaber combat and force use for more than 70 years when he defeated Obi-Wan (AotC and RotS). So he has two or three times the experience of Bastila. Also remember that Anakin / Darth Vader (maybe as old as Bastila but unquestionable more powerful) didn't manage to kill Obi-Wan.

I'm not saying that Shatterpoint / Vaapad making Mace undefeatable - at least Anakin + Sidious did kill him.

Although you have Mace Windu, who in terms of lightsaber combat is very close to Yoda facing Malak. Mace has the advantage of using a form that Malak doesn't know about. He had more training with a lightsaber than Malak (something like 50 years practice with that weapon), invented his own style at the age of 13 and practiced that for 40 years.

For Vaapad itself: Nick Gillard said that it is better than the normal form VII (Juyo) and we now that Juyo is equal to form II when it comes to lightsaber vs lightsaber combat. What does that mean ? That Vapaad is better than form II in a lightsaber duel ? Possible.

Now add the Shatterpoint ability and Mace might very likely be able to take anyone else in a lightsaber fight. The only exceptions (for me) are Yoda, Revan (close) and Tulak Hord. Now Malak is clearly not on Revans level and therefore I have to say that Mace can take him.

Even if not so. I have no doubt that Obi-Wan can take Bastila faster than Malak can take Mace and therefore it will still end with Mace + Obi-Wan vs Malak and Malak getting killed.

Darth_Janus
Well, Obi-Wan is incredible, I will not deny that. But until I have more solid evidence stating that Bastila (Someone the Jedi Council was willing to allow to mentor a reborn Revan on a suicide mission, someone they sent onboard to confront Revan) is indeed much weaker. I mean, Obi-Wan was good, but I don't believe he was a true Form III master until ANH really. Close, but not entirely mastered yet. But I am simply playing devil's advocate for Bastila; she and others like Ventress get the short end of the stick often.

As for Juyo being as good as Makashi at lightsaber combat, I have yet to see anything regarding that. I truly hope you aren't refering to KOTOR stats like you did earlier, since those are the very definition of non-canon EU material and don't count for anything.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
I want you to keep in mind that the only one that ever defeated Obi-Wan in a lightsaber duel was Dooku. Now Dooku is not only clearly more powerful than Obi-Wan he is a master of form II and he practioned lightsaber combat and force use for more than 70 years when he defeated Obi-Wan (AotC and RotS). So he has two or three times the experience of Bastila. Also remember that Anakin / Darth Vader (maybe as old as Bastila but unquestionable more powerful) didn't manage to kill Obi-Wan.

I'm not saying that Shatterpoint / Vaapad making Mace undefeatable - at least Anakin + Sidious did kill him.

When did ani and sidoius beat MAce>?

Admiral Akbar
Well, Obi-Wan is incredible, I will not deny that. But until I have more solid evidence stating that Bastila (Someone the Jedi Council was willing to allow to mentor a reborn Revan on a suicide mission, someone they sent onboard to confront Revan) is indeed much weaker. I mean, Obi-Wan was good, but I don't believe he was a true Form III master until ANH really. Close, but not entirely mastered yet. But I am simply playing devil's advocate for Bastila; she and others like Ventress get the short end of the stick often.

As for Juyo being as good as Makashi at lightsaber combat, I have yet to see anything regarding that. I truly hope you aren't refering to KOTOR stats like you did earlier, since those are the very definition of non-canon EU material and don't count for anything.

Is anakin Juyo i keep forgeting, if so then watch him and dooku fight in AOTC very, very similar moves. Maka obviously being a bit better since its the true form of saber to saber fighting, but juyo is similar as i mentionned. I watched the last fights in AOTC a few times, i know what im talking about.

Darth_Janus
Now.... Vaapad and its Juyo roots are shown by Mace alone. Maul uses Juyo in its unfinished form. Basically it is wild, seemingly unconnected movements that draw on a well of Force energy and an almost at-ease mind during battle. Vaapad kicks it up a notch with a hint of the darkside, kept tenatively in check. But Juyo itself is actually quite acrobatic in some moves and quite close ranged and efficient in others. While it is doubtless an excellent form for most any situation, it really excels at little beyond pushing the Jedi rage envelope.

Anakin uses Form V, which is Shien. It's a revision of Form III (Soresu, as Obi-Wan and Luminara use) and the emphasis is on aggression, not defense. Also, blaster bolts are reflected with this form, not deflected as in Juyo, Niman, Shii-Cho or Soresu. Luke Skywalker is also a Form V practitioner. As to why it resembles Dooku's moves, chalk it up to either Makashi dabbling after AOTC by Anakin or sloppy choreography in ROTS by Nick Gillard (As I do... Note that Dooku is not actually using Makashi in ROTS but flips, twirls, and uses a high stance as opposed to a more fencing-oriented stance)

kamikz
Mace and Obi wins.
Mace takes Malak thanks to his Vaapad and his great skills with a lightsaber and Obi-Wan kills Bastilla with help from his experience, knowledge in the force and saber skills that is probably beyond Bastilas.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by kamikz
Mace and Obi wins.
Mace takes Malak thanks to his Vaapad and his great skills with a lightsaber and Obi-Wan kills Bastilla with help from his experience, knowledge in the force and saber skills that is probably beyond Bastilas.

Consider reading before you post. You obviously know nothing..

Admiral Akbar
Oh SHien, dejmso, ah whatever im always confused. In that case I have no idea whether Juyo is simlar to Maka, but! If mace uses juyo to its unfinished form, it explains in the fight between him and dooku light side that dooku not yet mastered his form 2 was giving mace a good, similar fight. Although, they both lost their lightsabers and started to fist fight, point is that dooku is now a master at form 2, so his Maka is stronger than Juyo.
Note: Mace and dooku were at stalemate i nthier spar, meaning thier forms were maybe simlar and therefore they could predict every move.

Nai Fohl

Well...the Jedi council hadn't much of a decission here. Bastila saved Revan from dying forming a close connection between them. Who else they should have send ?

Obi-Wan is a form III master in times of ROTS. It is clearly stated in the ROTS novel.

Oh sorry...I was again refering to KOTOR stats (actualy the KOTOR II manual). But in this case I can give another proof of that suggestion.

I practice Kenjutsu (Katana swordfighting) for nearly 7 years now. There are two kinds of bad ass opponents they can throw at you: Somebody that uses a lot precise moves in his fighting style and a total newbie. It's not hard to figure out why a precise fighter is a good opponent. A newbie is dangerous because he is totally unpredictable.

Now precission is naturaly form II in terms of lightsaber combat. Form VII is what happens when somebody who knows how to fight still acts like a newbie (ever seen "Drunken Master" ?).
They are equaly dangerous in a duel and that is the reason why I would say a Vaapad user is the worst possible opponent. Vaapad contains precission AND unpredictable movements and that's just terrible for a swordfighter. Believe me.

Admiral Akbar
Very good evidence. You are correct.

SnakeEyes
I think the Jedi can take this. Mostly because I believe that Obi-wan can handle Bastilla and Mace and Malak are fairly close. Malak is stronger however... but would get wasted when double-teamed by Obi-wan and Mace at the same time...

Darth Infidus
Well, I dont think anybody mentioned this, but couldn't malak just obliterate Obiwan with the force before they even drew their weapons?

Darth Infidus
Since Obiwan would probably be focusing on Bastila, I dont think he would see it coming, if Mace was to yell out, "Watch out ObiWan!" Obi Wan would be force to draw his attention to the force attack Malak would do, if it was lighting he would have to block it using his lightsaber, if it was choke or some other unblockable force move, then Bastila would see her chance and strike him down, unless of course Malak just kills Obi like he did those two Jedi at the end of the starforge. Either way Id say Malak would be able to use his force powers on Obi, plague would be pretty good to use on Obi since it slows you down after which Bastila would take over.

Darth Infidus
And then Malak would just refocus on Mace, even IF Obi Wan could resisit Malak's force attack, which I dont think he could, he would still be a little disoriented, maybe enough for Bastila to take him down fairly quickly.

Darth Windu
Doubt it. You have to be INSANELY stronger than someone in the Force to crush them outright (Yoda and the Emperor's Hand). Dooku incapacitated Obi-Wan pretty well into the fight, but I don't think Malak would be able to do this with Mace so hot on his tail.

Darth Infidus
Na, he would neutralize Obi faster than dooku did with the force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.