Terms of endearment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I've been calling strangers "chap" for some time now and I've felt its lost its errrrr special meaning to me now.

So, last night I began trying out some new one's to see how they went down. Firstly I had to get past some geezer who was blocking the door to the loo, so I stepped in and said, "s'cuse me chief", which seemed to work okay. Later I needed to get to the bar which was being blocked by a big chap so I said, "can I just get in there guvnor?", which also worked okay. What do you lot think?

LanceWindu
Sounds like something one of us American's would say.

Sounds really British.

Ushgarak
Getting a bit of a cockney vibe there, Mech?

LanceWindu
Why don't you try to act Australian? And go up to people saying "Hello there mate."

Texas
Try these on for size:

s'cuse me liver lips

or

can I just get in there rat face

ToMacco
Try man, or dude.

Or guy. "Hey, what's up, guy?"

finti
why do you need to call them something, whats wrong with excuse me

Gundark
If I'm out to dinner with my sister or my nieces and I want to get the waiter's attention as he's flying by (if its a guy obviously), I just say "excuse me, handsome -". Works everytime. It also works other places besides restaurants.

One time I was trying to squeeze past this really tall guy to get to a doorway and I said "excuse me Chewbacca". I got lucky - the guy thought it was funny. At least he knew who Chewbacca was.

queeq
big grin

Any suggestions for guys to get the waiter's attention?

Gundark
Flash money.

queeq
Same as with girls then. wink

mah
those are really typical american sayings though.
but I do believe you can call people pretty much everything, like what tex said, without anyone taking notice of it.

Texas
Just push the hoes out of your way! It's their fault for blocking you! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Speaking of waiters, how do you tell them to go away?
Checking up on you 7 times is 4 times too many!

mechmoggy
I'm not saying that to any men.

Not cocky Ush, I'm very pleasant when I say it. Not like my mates younger brother who calls everyone, "kid", I fecking hate that.

"Chap" is still my favourite I think, its kinda nice.

Gundark
I still like mate. Sounds like Crocodile Dundee.

Ushgarak
Mech, I said COCKNEY. Not cocky!

mechmoggy
Oooooooh!

Nah, I'm no "mockney".

yerssot
what? no fight?

Ushgarak
Cor blimey, guvnor, we don't want no fighting around here!

yerssot
He's British! Shoot him!

*looks around*
err... hmm... well... carry on... carry on... please?

mechmoggy
Jeez, did you play the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins? wink

Ushgarak
Goood day, Marrry Pawpins...

mechmoggy
Oh god no, please stop. Its just awful.

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic) Limeys

Ushgarak
Dick Van Dyke has a lot to answer for.

mechmoggy
Mary Bobbins was the highlight of his career, has anyone seen Diagnosis Murder?

finti
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Amazing coincidence that his son got a role as his son in that, isn't it? The studio execs MUST have been surprised!

Captain REX
Very surprising. laughing out loud

"Chim, chimeny, chim-chim, cherry..."

"A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down!"

Captain REX
BTW mech, try these.

For Punks:
"Get out of my way!"
"Move it skinhead!"

Gundark
I like using Huttese on people in real life. The lady in front of me in the express line at the grocery store was bitching about the guy in front of us who had more than 10 items in his cart. He told her to mind her own business, get in another line if she didn't like it.

When he glanced at me I said "ooklaynooma" and he said "what ?" Then I said something along the lines of "Matacrankika Makichista" and some other stuff Greedo said in ANH. The guy actually says to me "where are you from ?" And he was serious ! I just shook my head like I didn't understand him. But the lady was nodding her head at me and smiling like she knew the gist of what I was saying was that I was pissed off at him too. OMG - I almost busted out laughing. People are so stupid !

finti
I thought it was 12 items or less well guess express lines in Amish country are faster big grin

Gundark
Yes they are. Can't keep that poor horse standing out there forever.

mechmoggy
Has it ever been "up on bricks" when you got out then?

Gundark
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
shoping aided by a shovel

DJ Velocity

finti
well she wont be companied by you then!!!!!
And Magpies do suck by the way

Edna Witch
Hey go gundy! No I agree with you though. It's the best way to scare off weird blokes and annoying survey people that approach you on the streets of London too!

Gundark
Thanks DJ and Edna. I'll take both of those as compliments. laughing out loud

finti
whats wrong with a good ol`fashion fist in the face trick?

Edna Witch
Well when you are a virtual midget, have the strength of a mouse and are weedy as hell, you will see exactly why a good old fashion pnch in the face doesn't work Finti! Nah, best way for me is to scare them twice as much as they are scaring me!

Gundark
I kicked a guy in the nuts once.

Edna Witch
Oh yeah when I was younger I did that all the time. I remember when I was 12 one guy called my friend a whore so I had him up against the wall by his collar. But then I stopped getting any stronger and grew into an elegant young lady! Yeah well something like that anyway.

Gave one guy a black eye with a huge stick before now too. ompletely by accident of course. The weirdo asked me out the next day too for some reason! Boys!

Gundark
Boys are stupid.

Edna Witch
Always have been and definitely always will be. In fact I think it must get worse with age!

Gundark
Yes it does. Someday their knuckles will drag on the ground again and they'll go back to one eyebrow. laughing out loud

Edna Witch
No not the dreaded MONOBROW! Aaagggghhhh!

Gundark
Yes indeed. The one you need a lawnmower to trim.

queeq
All this yapping and still they can't live without us. big grin

mechmoggy
Damn straight, what would you girlies do without us us chaps?

There'd be no housework to do for a start, or much washing to do, or much food to prepare. So you'd all end up alcoholics with all that spare time on your hands. stick out tongue

yerssot
worldpeace?

mechmoggy
Silence you fool, give it a couple of years and you too will learn the ways of men. wink

yerssot
like the scum and villany they are?

mechmoggy
OMG Yerss look behind you!!!

*Runs off while Yerss' back is turned*

yerssot
My waffle! noooooooooo! it's the bucket again!

*turns back to mech*
you see, it's been following me since... where did you go??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.