Coleman Trebor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
Something has been bugging me about this guy. He's the guy who jumped onto the platform during the battle of Geonosis to try and take out Dooku and was quickly despatched by Jango. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm certain that when I saw the cinema version of AOTC, Coleman Trebor was a human character yet in the DVD he's an exotic looking alien. Is this the result of some tinkering by ILM during the processing of the DVD or had my memory faded a bit since seeing the cinematic version?

lisahenderson15
I didn't notice anything of that nature and I don't think there are many ways to go back and see the cinimatic version, so I guess you're stuck. Maybe you can find some one else who noticed it. And if it is true, why would GL do that? What's the point?

yerssot
errr, in my version he never was human.

perhaps you mistook yourself with the looks of Rob Coleman, the animation director?

Captain REX
The name 'Coleman Trebor' had been accidentally switched with a human character named 'Sarr Labooda' or something like that.

But the Vurk, or dinosaur-like, Jedi Master known as Coleman Trebor was always dinosaur-like.

masterkit
He was always like that. I remember and he was on the jedi council like that to.

Captain REX
Indeedy.

masterkit
Indeedy, I like thatsmile

Captain REX
It's mine! stick out tongue

Darth_Janus
He was a council member? You've got to be kidding me.

Captain REX
Nope, he was on the Council.

Ogami Itto
Yeah it seems they give away council positions to anybody these days!

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
He was a council member? You've got to be kidding me.

That poser was on the council?

Sheesh, standards are slipping.

masterkit
what do you people have agaisnt Coleman

Captain REX
Everyone is ticked that a Council member would be gunned down so easily. They have been for 3 years...

yerssot
Jedi aren't infallible, they are arrogant and fight too casual ... it got the better of him

amity75
I'm still not convinced, The Coleman Trebor that tried to take out Dooku and was shot by Jango at the battle of Geonosis was definitely a human character in the cinema version. It was 1.45 pm when I saw it and I was sober.

bobcrickett
He was never human; he's always been a CGI Vurk.

bilb
yup, never.. repeat NEVER human

yerssot
I think you have trouble remembering when you were sober wink

Captain REX
Otherwise, we'd see some random documentary about the transition.

yerssot
*best McCallum voice*
But you see the reason to change this was actually really interesting. So with this we could explore the limits, so... how far ILM and Lucasfilm could take this and see where we would end up.
The idea to change him into this really weird but funny, but still really weird alien-jedi just for the heck of it, was just for fun but it would show us how far technology would stand in case we needed to use this for the next star wars movie which will be out in 2005 of course.
But so you see, it was a really interesting experience for us and ... ... I have no idea what you just asked me.

Captain REX
*best Georgie boy voice*

I thought it was cool to blow our money on it, I had lots of fun! What'd we do again?

bilb
Originally posted by yerssot
*best McCallum voice*
But you see the reason to change this was actually really interesting. So with this we could explore the limits, so... how far ILM and Lucasfilm could take this and see where we would end up.
The idea to change him into this really weird but funny, but still really weird alien-jedi just for the heck of it, was just for fun but it would show us how far technology would stand in case we needed to use this for the next star wars movie which will be out in 2005 of course.
But so you see, it was a really interesting experience for us and ... ... I have no idea what you just asked me.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

FistoFan
Captain REX, Sar Labooda was the Jedi with the green lightsaber that jumped in front of those two droids, but you're right, during production her name was given to Coleman Trebor.

FistoFan
And Coleman Trebor was on the Council because he was replacing Yarael Poof.

bilb
silly jedi, always getting killed off & such stick out tongue

chinabing
But what is the name of the dinosaur species that Coleman Trebor looks like? That's what bugs me!

Captain REX
Originally posted by FistoFan
Captain REX, Sar Labooda was the Jedi with the green lightsaber that jumped in front of those two droids, but you're right, during production her name was given to Coleman Trebor.

I already knew.

FistoFan
He's a Vurk.

Captain REX
...I knew that.

Sesse
If he was a master and in the council, that was quite a sucky attempt... I think that padawan on the bridge in episode 3 would have done better job! I thought, you can't take a Jedi by supprise....

masterkit
in Ep. III they took alot of jedi by surprise

DiamondBullets
Trebor wasn't THAT pathetic. He was out-done by the perfect soldier--the template of the Clones hand picked by Lord Tyrannus. While going for Dooku, he was blind-sighted by Jango, an experienced Jedi killer. Unlike Trebor, Mace was aware of Jango's location and made a bee-line for him. Not to mention, his jetpack stalled.

What killed Master Trebor:
1. Nobody's perfect
2. Shit happens

obiwills
That sort of thing would never have happened to Obi Wan.... or Yoda... or even Ani... but they were all exceptional jedi.... many of the Council members were caught off guard and killed instantly during order 66

Captain REX
Those are better ways to look at it.

Koolwoo92
I have no idea why he was a human cause he was actually computer animated

commander fox
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

What killed Master Trebor:
1. Nobody's perfect
2. Shit happens

lol

Council#13
i like to dig up old threads yes

darthvader_fan
i thought so

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Council#13
i like to dig up old threads yes

too bad its not a bannable offense because all it does is clog the page with useless crap roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.