Rotj With Jedi Temple

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

splintercell
AT THE END OF ROTJ WHEN THE SCENS WITH NABOO AND CORUSANT
IN THE BACKROUND AT HE END OF THE CORUSANT PART THE JEDI TEMPLE IS STILL THERE

yerssot
could you please drop using caps? some find it annoying. (including me stick out tongue)

yeah, they added it for the DVD if I'm not mistaken

splintercell
i know that but...the jedi temple was destoyed in episode III so why would it still be there in episode VI?

exanda kane
I raised a post on this - the fact that half of coruscant shouldn't be there!

yerssot
it's not destroyed, it's attacked... some flames don't mean it breaks down

exanda kane
I find it hard to believe that the Emperor would've left it standing!

exanda kane
And I dont think there's one when Luke wants to start the New Jedi Order

yerssot
you're not the Emperor, and he clearly did left it standing since it's visible in ROTJ
and the NJO is EU

Morridini
Well if he did leave it it still doesn't collide with the EU. I doubt he would let all the Jedi Archives and Artifacts be, so he removed and/or destroyed it. When we see it in RotJ it is only the same building, not the same inside. That's how I like to see it, and no one might even know what it was before the Empire.

((The_Anomaly))
yes, i also found it hard to believe that palps would let it still be there.

(i was gonna start a thread on this long ago! but i kept forgetting to do it.)

anyways, yes its odd....

Huma
Maybe he left it standing as a reminder to the people that he is supreme. If he can take out the jedi, imagine what he can do to everyone else.

Plus, it was one hell of a building. Maybe he uses it for a command center? or training station for new troopers or something

Morridini
Perhaps he was actually thinking financially?
Why tear apart a perfectly fine building which can be used for many things and build a new one instead? So by keeping i there and removing the inside he saved a lot of money. And it seems like he likes to save money as he produces TIE's which are very cheap to build, and therefore are easily taken down in combat.

KJ
Seeing the Jedi Temple still standing, brought tears to my eyes.

For those of you wrongly saying that it was destroyed - Obi-Wan and Yoda go walking through parts of it in Ep3 and find the bodies of the dead Jedi.

A battle took place in the temple, hence the smoke, but it wasn't destroyed. Why Palpatine didn't have it torn down is another question and something that will probably come up in the E.U.

exanda kane
I just think as a Sith, hating the Jedi, and having plotted for about 20 years to bring about their demise, why Palpatine would be happy to let their fortress stay up in the middle of the Imperial Capitol. He wants to get rid of the Jedi right . . .

yerssot
KJ? blink
I do hope you stick around this time smile

well, exanda, clearly you're not thinking as a Sith since he didn't blew it to smithereens

KJ
Hello, Yerssot.

This place has changed a bit.

My thinking behind why Palpatine wouldn't destroy the temple is that we know in ANH that the Senate is still there to 'keep the local systems in line'. So it's obvious that people in the Senate are still fighting against Palpatine and trying to bring back the democracy.

So even though Palpatine is Emperor, he's still got problems and he's still playing games with people.

He probably keeps the Jedi Temple standing to appease the Mon Mothma's and Bail Organa's who would use the destruction of the Temple to further their cause and bring more systems into the rebellion.

In ANH when the Imperial Senate is disbanded, you might think that he would destroy the Temple then. But he has bigger problems by that point like farmboys destroying his Death Star.

beedubaya
It seems like I saw a screenshot of Anakin and some clone troopers laying waste to the Jedi Archives. Maybe this scene will show up in the deleted scenes on the DVD edition of ep3? I doubt the temple was actually in usable condition on the inside, and why spend funds destroying something that no longer matters to begin with?

splintercell
EXACTALLY WH WHOULD HE LEAVE IT SATNDING AND I TYPOED I MENT IS WAS BADDLY MANGLED NOT DESTROYED AND IT LOOK AS IT WOULD CRUMBLE AT NE TIME AND IT LOOKS BRND NEW ITS MIND BOGGLING BUT WHAT OF THE DEAD JEDI I WONDER WHAT THEY DID WITH THEM?LEFT THEM THERE OR GAVE THEM A PROPER CERIMONIAL BURIAL?

Morridini
Originally posted by beedubaya
It seems like I saw a screenshot of Anakin and some clone troopers laying waste to the Jedi Archives. Maybe this scene will show up in the deleted scenes on the DVD edition of ep3? I doubt the temple was actually in usable condition on the inside, and why spend funds destroying something that no longer matters to begin with?

Exactly my thoughts.

beedubaya
I have also heard another theory that Emperor Palpatine remodeled the Jedi Temple into his personal home. What better what to blaspheme the Jedi than to have the Sith lord make his home inside the Jedi's most sacred structure. This is just something I read, no evidence behind it whatsoever.

SithHappens
He didn't destroy it because he killed the Jedi. Whats the point now?

splintercell
why would he leave the temple standing!!!??

yerssot
to not get a total uproar?

Red Superfly
Why would there be an uproar?

The Jedi, if you all remember, are "bad guys" that tried to take over. Everyone is backing the Empire.

Even if people are simply afraid of The Emperor, nobody would speak up about the Jedi Temple being demolished.

I'm stumped as to why it's still there. The Jedi are an "extinct" people, barely anybody believes in them and what they stand for - so why is the Jedi Temple still there in plain viewing on Coruscant?

We have to assume it was converted into Palpatines Palace or something. It doesn't make sense considerring the Jedi were eradicated and people don't know much about them in the OT. They are almost mythical, and The Force is considerred trickery and nonsense. How the hell did people miss the Jedi Archives and Temple smack dab in the centre of Coruscants capital? This must mean everything inside it was destroyed and the building now houses something completely different, and people simply don't know that it was once the Jedi Temple.

I bet Palpatine turned it into a sewage processing plant just to be extra arrogant.

Tulak Hord
Actually, I think it was the Imperial Throne Room that he used before he had the DS II. It makes sense.

Red Superfly
Yeah, I was guessing that. I mean Lucas said the Jedi Temple was designed to resemble Palpatines spire on the Death Star II. Would make sense.

He obviously couldn't find anywhere big enough to put his Oversized Spinning Chair Throne Of Hate.

I don't think Palpatine ever hated the Jedi really, he just wanted the temple so he could put his chairs in there.

yerssot
why? because not everyone is against the Jedi. It would furthermore encourage people to stand against him since he is erasing the memories of when things were good: before the dark times, before the empire
and why should he even bother with destroying it

Stealth Agent
i beleive the line was something like this

"this is how democracy dies. in thunderous appluase." Something like that. 99% of everybody was with Palps. Except those very few that rebelled.

yerssot
99% of the senators, not the people they represented

PRINCE XIZOR
why did they not put mon mothma in ep 3?

yerssot
cause it would throw off the focus of anakin's fall

Red Superfly
Originally posted by yerssot
why? because not everyone is against the Jedi. It would furthermore encourage people to stand against him since he is erasing the memories of when things were good: before the dark times, before the empire
and why should he even bother with destroying it

I never said everyone was against the Jedi. The small minority are obviously the same people who form the seeds of the Rebel Alliance.

Damn I wish more was put into this in Episode III. They spend two movies talking about trade routes and leave out the IMPORTANT politics.

yerssot
nope, but that's how I see it: it's not cause the senators applauded that the people they represent agree with that.

I think they'll include it on the DVD wink

Captain REX
Bit of EU in there, but its from the Official Site's databank.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.