Best Batman Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Which has been the best Batman movie so far? I vote for Phantasm.

Mr Parker
Batman Begins is easily by far the best Batman movie made so far.No contest.Batman Subzero would be my second favorite.

Wickerman
I also voted Batman begins, but it was a TERRIBLE choice to make between BB and MOTP to be honest

~wickerman~

Zod4Life
Haven't seen Batman Begins but still voted for it.

((The_Anomaly))
Batman begins was fanststic, easily the best of all the movies.

vvvrulz
Batman '89 for me was just slightly better than Begins. Still haven't seen Phantasm !

Myth
I forgot about Mask of the Phantasm! That is one of the greatest animated movies of all time. However, I still vote BB by a landslide. 1989 is devinitely second.

DarkAge
Holy crap, I didn't think it would be that much of a landslide. surrender

Wickerman
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Batman '89 for me was just slightly better than Begins. Still haven't seen Phantasm !

you DEFINITELY have to see phantasm. It's awesome. As for the 89 Batman movie, when i saw it then, i thought it was a comedy. I kept thinking it was a comedy or some sort of parody for a long time.... sick

~wickerman~

vvvrulz
So Phantasm is right up there despite being an animated flick?

snake_eyes616
Batman Begins IMO.

Wickerman

it completely KILLS the competition, minus Batman Begins.

~wickerman~

Joker1237
Batman 89 is still number 1 for me, Joker was pretty scary in that movie, Telling jokes to dead bodys and killing people for the joy of it.

MOTP is next, again Joker had his scary movements, His talk with Reeves.

Than return of the Joker, was great, alsome. Uncut rules.

Than Batman Begains.

After that Subzero.

Than the list starts making a hugh drop.

Batman returns. Dark, but miss up Penguins orgin.

The Myster of the Batwoman was pretty weak. But ok in its own right I suppose.

Batman Forever is pretty bad.

And than Batman and Robin nearlyu killed Batman, Becuase of this movie, they took BTAS off the aire in fear of ratings or something, for a while.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Batman begins was fanststic, easily the best of all the movies.

Well we at least agree on that. big grin

Mainstream
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Well we at least agree on that. big grin

indeed

Mr Parker

Yes because it and Sub Zero are much better than the crap Burton made. roll eyes (sarcastic)

bakerboy
Batman begings clearly.

Zod4Life
Yep.

Joker1237
MOTP is Better than Batman Begains. And Batman 89 is still Number 1.

Snowbeast
Definately Begins, then Batman ('89), Returns, MOTP, Forever, the '66 movie and finally B&R. Haven't seen the other movies.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Joker1237

i STILL don't understand what the fascination most people have with the 89' Batman movie is all about What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Myth
Its all about Jack Nichelson as Joker.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Myth
Its all about Jack Nichelson as Joker.

Well you know what they say, "De Gustibus et coloribus non disputandum" .......but that's just wrong What the f**k?

~wickerman~

vvvrulz
To be honest, i'm equally fascinated as to why you hate Batman '89. I guess its just a matter of taste huh.

Wickerman
To be honest, i'm equally fascinated as to why you hate Batman '89. I guess its just a matter of taste huh.

I don't hate it per se, but it could've been a HELL of a lot better. I mean come on....I'm also gonna quote myself from the "Who should play the Joker" thread as to why i disliked Jack Nicholson as the Joker:

Originally posted by Wickerman
I'm just gonna "break all the rules" here and say that i wasn't a big fan of how Jack Nicholson portrayed the joker. His acting is very good, but IMO it wasn't what was needed for the joker. He had awesome lines, but that's not because of Jack Nicholson. Jack Nicholson also had a crappy body IMO for the Joker. He was too old, too fat, and not nearly "graceful" enough if you get my drift. He didn't have the right nose, and the make-up used on him looked like crap. The only thing he got right were the jokes....and even then there was just something wrong about the voice. Hamill is the obvious best choice for voice IMO, but an entire movie with voice-over simply wouldn't work. Now that i'm done bashing Nicholson, lemme add my little piece of thought:

- Glover has the insanity part down, has the right physionomy (sp?), and is perfect in fits of rage. However, i think the character would be lacking in the "jokes" part. He'd be the opposite of nicholson. Nicholson - funny but not dark enough, Glover - dark but not funny enough.

- Sean Penn....well, he did an excellent job in Mystic River, but again, i'm not sure about the "joke" part. he COULD do it, but he might come out looking like someone trying really really hard to do something someone else would do with ease.

- Ed Norton would look like a transvestite .....really......He's an AWESOME actor, and i loved him in every movie i've seen him in. He was feckin INCREDIBLE in Fight Club, and that part where he loses his temper and beats the crap out of the blond dude (knocking all his teeth out) was VERY joker-like......but i just don't think he has the looks for a Joker. Not to mention if they go with the "Jack Napier" background, he'd prolly make a crappy gun for hire.

- Jude Law is also an awesome actor. One of his best roles, in Road of Perdition was awesome, and also very joker-esque. I think he'd make an excellent candidate if he buffed up a bit.

- Joe Viterelli droolio

As for the rest of the actors mentioned, i don't know them well enough to comment. Thanks for reading this...if you did.

~wickerman~

That pretty much sums it up with me disliking the way the Joker was portrayed in that movie

~wickerman~

vvvrulz
I can see your point about his physical attributes actually, but the fact is not much of the audience seemed to mind it because Nicholson simply stole the show with his acting. But you are right in a sense, this joker wasn't quite as er 'smooth' as lets say the cartoon joker.

I really find it hard to picture anyone taking on the role at the moment, if anyone, probably Eddie Norton.

Wickerman
I can see your point about his physical attributes actually, but the fact is not much of the audience seemed to mind it because Nicholson simply stole the show with his acting. But you are right in a sense, this joker wasn't quite as er 'smooth' as lets say the cartoon joker.

I really find it hard to picture anyone taking on the role at the moment, if anyone, probably Eddie Norton.

That was JUST the Joker part of the movie that i disliked.....so....yeah.....there's more no expression

~wickerman~

Mr Parker
That pretty much sums it up with me disliking the way the Joker was portrayed in that movie

~wickerman~

Yeah thats why I like Ceasar Romero better as The Joker because he had the right build for the role unlike Nicholson.

bakerboy
Nicholson is a great actor, amazing actor, and his joker was decent, but not as the joker really is. It was more jack playing his own joker in his own way that the joker himself. Plus, phischally he was the opposite of the character.

Myth

Oh hell yes! I would love to see Norton get the part. He has yet to fail me plus he is tall and skinny and can play as a crazy man.

vvvrulz
And he can play a badass if he has too, there is what you call a genuine 'actor'.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Myth
Oh hell yes! I would love to see Norton get the part. He has yet to fail me plus he is tall and skinny and can play as a crazy man.

Hmm.......he's an incredibly awesome actor......that can also do crazy awesome scenes.....fight club being living proof...........but still.......there's something about him that i'm not convinced about....maybe it's the egg-shaped head, maybe it's the whimpy voice......but....i dunno erm

~wickerman~

EsteemedLeader
Batman Begins sucked and i hate it with a passion. It should be destroyed and christopher nolan should be destroyed!

Zod4Life
Take it easy buddy.

Zod4Life
Batman:Mystery of the Batwoman was an awesome film!!!

Myth
there's something about him that i'm not convinced about....maybe it's the egg-shaped head, maybe it's the whimpy voice......but....i dunno erm

~wickerman~

I can really imagine him letting out a great laugh for Joker. As for head shape, I think it is fine.

Zod4Life
Anybody else besides me think that Batman:Mystery of the Batwoman was a good movie?

Mr Parker
i STILL don't understand what the fascination most people have with the 89' Batman movie is all about What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Yeah I could understand why people would like Batman 89 the best if they werent Batman fans and didnt understand the character because Kim Basinger makes the movie worth sitting through big grin but for anybody whoever read the comic,I will never understand why they like that crappy film especially over Batman Begins. roll eyes (sarcastic)

vvvrulz
lol I'll be honest, when I first saw that movie, I wasn't exactly the biggest batman fan, ie didnt read the comics or anything. So I guess thats probably why I enjoyed it to the full extent.

Even now i'm only just starting to learn the true ways of the Dark Knight as all the hype is back.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Joker1237

your living in a fantasy world dude,Batman 89 is crap other than the parts where you get to look at Kim Basinger that is. big grin

vvvrulz
Let the guy voice his opinion, after all many others actually agree that Batman '89 is number one.

Charlie8
Batman Begins just rules the Batman movies. It really goes into what Batman is and who he is. I think it's one of the best movies i have ever seen! Batman 1 and 2 were good but nothing can beat Batman Begins.

sevenman
BATMAN MASK OF THE PHANTASM

Kelly Renee
'Mask of the Phantasm' & 'Return of the Joker'

voted for motp here.. but they're both great. I haven't seen 'Begins' yet.. *sigh*

sevenman
Kelly Renee will see BATMAN BEGINS.

BATMAN RETURNS ****ing rocked, *******! The Penguin's origins were cool and me and my little brother were haunted by it when we were little. Too bad they just made him look like some fat guy in the animated series.

BATMAN & ROBIN took BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES off the air? I thought BATMAN BEYOND did that. Then that went off of the air because of 9/11. Then it came back with Return of the Joker but had a weak execution in marketing and advertisements and made the Joker's face green on the video cassette in case the person buying the DVD was afraid of clowns. This will fool them unless they watch it! Justice League came along and then dropped in ratings so they made up a gimmick and stuck "UNLIMITED" at the end of it and the ratings went back up. I think the episode "Epilouge" was the final episode of BATMAN BEYOND and the last episode of JUSTICE LEAGUE or the first episode of JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED. I thought the ending was weak. Now we have THE BATMAN! Woohoo!

~wickerman~

*plays the last scene of BATMAN to Wickerman*

Hmm.......he's an incredibly awesome actor......that can also do crazy awesome scenes.....fight club being living proof...........but still.......there's something about him that i'm not convinced about....maybe it's the egg-shaped head, maybe it's the whimpy voice......but....i dunno erm

~wickerman~ He can be Egg Head!

My list.

1. BATMAN MASK OF THE PHANTASM
2. BATMAN THE MOVIE
3. BATMAN
4. BATMAN BEGINS
5. BATMAN BEYOND RETURN OF THE JOKER
6. BATMAN SUB ZERO
7. BATAMN RETURNS
8. BATMAN MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN
9. BATMAN FOREVER
10. BATMAN & ROBIN

I hear alot of talk about how BATMAN isn't true and Jack Nicholson and all that noise but it along with BATMAN RETURNS were my first impressions of BATMAN. I thought that BATMAN from the animated series wasn't realistic and weak compared to MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS if it wasn't supposed to be realistic. I could see a man putting on black bullet-proof rubber but gray spandex always seemed awkward and ready-for-a-mental-institution for me.

lil pimp
MY list would go like this
1. batman forever
2.batman mask of the phantom
3.batman returns
4.batman beyond return of the joker
5.batman sub-zero
6.batman
7.batman the movie
8.batman and robin
9.batman begins

I never seen batman mystery of the batwomen!
I also understand if you want to kill me for liking batman and robin more than batman begins but I dont really give a shit of what ya think of me!! smokin'

vaya_the_elf
1. Batman begins
2. Batman
3. Batman Returns
4. Batman Forever
5. All the animated movies of batman
Think thats all the really good ones

I know I did not say Batman and Robin I like to pretend the movie never happened.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf

I know I did not say Batman and Robin I like to pretend the movie never happened.

I like to pretend Batman and Robin and both Tim Burton Batman movies never happened.

vaya_the_elf
laughing I know

sevenman
I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH BOTH OF YOUR OPINIONS!!!!!1

Originally posted by lil pimp
1. batman forever
3.batman returns
5.batman sub-zero
6.batman
7.batman the movie
8.batman and robin
9.batman begins

I also understand if you want to kill me for liking batman and robin more than batman begins but I dont really give a shit of what ya think of me!! smokin' If you like nipple shots.

DarkAge
Can we have one discussion about Batman movies without bringing up nipples please? Jesus

lil pimp
Thank you darkage!!!!

.Dance_Inside.
Batman Begins is by far the best Batman movie yes

Mr Parker
1. batman forever
3.batman returns
5.batman sub-zero
6.batman
7.batman the movie
8.batman and robin
9.batman begins

I also understand if you want to kill me for liking batman and robin more than batman begins but I dont really give a shit of what ya think of me!! smokin'

we know that you were actually just joking that you thought batman and robin was better than batman begins,you confessed that on that other thread,so that being the case pimp,whats your REAL list? I would say you have a good list there and good taste other than listing batman returns before sub zero,I think your REAL list would have batman begins at the top right?

lil pimp
Not Really but close!this is my true list!

1.Batman forever
2.Batman begins
3.Batman mask of the phantom
4.Batman beyond return of the joker
5.Batman sub-zero
6.Batman 89
7.Batman and Robin
8.Batman:The Movie (1968)
9.Batman Returns

Still havent seen the one about batwomen!

cameron666
1. Batman
2. Batman Forever
3. Batman Returns
4. Batman Begins
5. Batman and Robin

Mr Parker

1.Batman forever
2.Batman begins
5.Batman sub-zero
6.Batman 89
7.Batman and Robin
9.Batman Returns

Still havent seen the one about batwomen!

so I assume you just made a mistake then when you put batman returns ahead of subzero? yeah NOW your list has more credibility to it now than before,even though batman begins blows batman forever away as being loyal to the comicbook,at least you have credibilty now unlike the other people that have listed the burton batman movies ahead of batman begins because as we true fans know,michael keaton was the worst casting choice in comicbook history because of how physically wrong he was for the role.

lil pimp
i think i know why alot of guys liked keaton simply because he was the only batman that there girlfriends didn't like so they never got jealous of him.

Kelly Renee
Oooo, here's my list-

1. Batman-Mask of the Phantasm & Return of the Joker
2. Batman Sub Zero
3. Batman Returns
4. Batman 89

I haven't seen 'Begins' yet.. *sigh* So this is my list, for now. 'Batman Forever' and 'Batman & Robin' don't exist.. in my opinion! HAH! They're horrible.. absolutely horrible.. sick

Blue450Rider
Mine is:

Batman Begins

Batman 1989

Batman Returns

Batman Mask of the Phantasm

Batman Forever

Batman and Robin

Mr Parker
i think i know why alot of guys liked keaton simply because he was the only batman that there girlfriends didn't like so they never got jealous of him.

yeah that and I think people just like keaton as an actor so they look past how bad he was for the role.I cant believe how people dont understand how burtons batman movies are much more horrible than batman forever is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil pimp
Batman returns to me was like a batman version of the nigtmare before christmas and a twist of the eleghentman.

Bat Dude
No, I think people liked Keaton becuz he had acting ability(unlike Kilmer), respect for the dark aspect of Batman(again unlike Kilmer), and showed fans how mysterious and badass Batman/Bruce Wayne is.(and again unlike Kilmer)

I remember a comedy strip from Mad Magazine. It made fun of B&R by calling it Buttman and Rubbin. That would have been a better title. lol

lil pimp
Keaton was a short little boy compared to kilmer! but if you liked him that much good for you.

Kelly Renee
Originally posted by Bat Dude
No, I think people liked Keaton becuz he had acting ability(unlike Kilmer), respect for the dark aspect of Batman(again unlike Kilmer), and showed fans how mysterious and badass Batman/Bruce Wayne is.(and again unlike Kilmer)

I remember a comedy strip from Mad Magazine. It made fun of B&R by calling it Buttman and Rubbin. That would have been a better title. lol

I agree. smile

EsteemedLeader
OMG I can't believe that Begins is not only winning, but smoking the competition! That movie should never have been released!

lil pimp
People these days rather watch a long ass story then see any action.The movie was good but dragged like a motherf*cker!

estranged
so far begins has been the best adaption of batman to the big screen though 89' (until begins) was my favorite mainly because of nicklesons performance as the joker and apart from bale, keaton has been the best batman as he respected the character

but only begins can close to the awsomeness that is MOTP

lil pimp
I guess he was a good batman but no why in hell was he a good bruce his ugly ass should of kept the mask on through the whole movie!

Mr Parker
Keaton was a short little boy compared to kilmer! but if you liked him that much good for you.

not only that,but a cowardly killer as well which is why the first two films are so god awful,they totally butchered his character and keaton brought no credibility to the role because of how he did not even come close to fitting the part.it was like burt reynolds being cast for boss hogg in the dukes of hazzard movie.Im both cases,you just got to raise your hands in the air and say what the hell? mad yeah its just thet are keaton fans no doubt and cant see how horribly miscast he was. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
I guess he was a good batman but no why in hell was he a good bruce his ugly ass should of kept the mask on through the whole movie!

you got that right Pimp.he was a horrible bruce wayne,he acted nothing at all the way bruce wayne does.Kilmer at least acted the same way bruce wayne did and at least fit the part.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
OMG I can't believe that Begins is not only winning, but smoking the competition! That movie should never have been released!

Actually The burton and schumacher batman movies are the ones that should never have been released.They all butchered to death the comicbook in one way or the other.Its no surprise whatsoever Batman Begins is blowing away the competition since it was the ONLY Batman movie made so far that wasnt crap.

bakerboy
Its very easy to post. Batman begins is the only good movie about batman with real actors. The other four movies were crap. The animated ones were pretty good too.

bakerboy
Originally posted by Bat Dude

Nope. Keaton was pretty bad in those movies. He did of Bruce Wayne a goofy and abstedminded idiot. He wasnt any badass in those movies, only a stupid and insecure guy with memory problems

WindDancer
hahaha! Begins is just grinding the competition. stick out tongue

VenomVA
Mine are:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Begins
Batman: Subzero
Batman Beyond: Return of Joker
Batman Forever
Batman '89
Batman Returns

The Mystery of Catwoman animated movie was kinda weak to me....I won't rank that one...same as B&R YUCK!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy
Nope. Keaton was pretty bad in those movies. He did of Bruce Wayne a goofy and abstedminded idiot. He wasnt any badass in those movies, only a stupid and insecure guy with memory problems

Exactly.Thats why ALL the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies were crap.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WindDancer
hahaha! Begins is just grinding the competition. stick out tongue

No surprise there since Batman fans FINALLY got a Decent Batman movie for once. Happy Dance

Kelly Renee

Would you stop FORCING your opinion on people? It's really annoying..

I LIKE Burton's films, I LIKE Michael Keaton and I HATE Kilmer/Clooney.. I HATE 'Batman Forever' AND 'Batman & Robin'.. and I always WILL.

Batman Returns
i voted Batman Returns. well duh, my SN indicates that, lol. i just think its a brilliant gothic story with great visual effects, gotham looks great, the performance are superb, especially michelle pieffer, oh DAMN, shes my dream woman, and her playing catwoman was perfectly cast!! love the penguin too, hes so funny! yet you also feel bad for him at the end. keaton, once again, proves that he IS the Dark knight and i was very impressed by everyones performance. keaton really knew whop batman was, and i just love the story and the relationships and the inner hidden meanings and everything!! the love story between selina/catowman and bruce/batman is simply amazing!!! should have won a oscar for best on screen romance (if they had that catagory)!!

B89 is seciond cuz i LOVE IT!!! keaton is the best batman!!

oh and bale was good too. stick out tongue

Batman Returns

WTF!!! oh just STFU!! stop callin the burton films crap!! do you even know what ypour saying!! GOD!! Kelly Renee is right, stop forcing your half assed, shallow opinion on ppl!

loser.

sick

Mr Parker
The Burton movies ARE crap.yes I know what I am saying but you dont.Keaton was a horrible choice for the role of Bruce wayne.He did not even come close to fitting the role.Bale was 10 times better than Keaton.You feeling the need to get into name calling just shows that you no credibility on what your saying.Thank God for Batman Begins.The one and ONLY good batman film that made up for that Burton/Schumacher travesty.Batman is not the cowardly killer Burton made him into.Burtons Batman movies are crap because of that.His movies butchered to death his character committing sins by killing his arch enemys The Joker and The penguin.

Batman Returns
The Burton movies ARE crap.yes I know what I am saying but you dont.Keaton was a horrible choice for the role of Bruce wayne.He did not even come close to fitting the role.Bale was 10 times better than Keaton.You feeling the need to get into name calling just shows that you no credibility on what your saying.Thank God for Batman Begins.The one and ONLY good batman film that made up for that Burton/Schumacher travesty.Batman is not the cowardly killer Burton made him into.Burtons Batman movies are crap because of that.His movies butchered to death his character committing sins by killing his arch enemys The Joker and The penguin.

oh i forgot, im a loser who has horrible opinions and i like to act like im god and that my opinion rules all.

i edited your post to more acuartaly depict what your acting like. its true, you are officially a loser. you kiss nolans ass like hes god. ppl only like BB cuz its new. give it a few months, ppl will be changin there opinions. BB was a borefest. im glad burton wasnt 100% true to the comics, he added depth and heart and emotion to the characters that werent and ARENT present in the comics that much. he explored areas that usually arent explored in comic book/superhero films. he made MASTERPIECES, not just forgetable comic-book crap like nolan and the spiderman director and **** like that.

schuamcher sucked. we all know that. if theres anyone to put down for making batman a loser, its him, NOT burton. if it werent for burton and his awsome vision, there would BE no bat films to love or hate.

and stop spamming this thread with "your opinion" and acting like your opinion rules all. your an ass if you really think that. not everyone liked BB, me included, and putting down there favorite films starts flame wars. stop intigating a flame war, or i will report you.

just shut up.

Mr Parker
No Burton sucks even worse than Schumacher because he made the worst casting choice in comicbook history.If you ever read the comics you would know that.Bruce wayne is not a short runt,who is half bald,pudgy and out of shape and acts like a doofus around women like Keaton did.He is cool and suave around the women.that idiot Burton only cast keaton because he was friends with him and felt comfortable working with him.He did not care about making the best casting choice possible.Schumacher at least cast someone who looked the role.Kilmer is everything bruce wayne is suppose to be.Muscular,a full set of hair-NOT half bald with a receding hairline. He was everything bruce wayne is suppose to be that keaton was not.Only he had a corny script to work with with corny lines,thats why he got into a fight with schumacher because he wanted to portray him more seriously but could not because of the script.

No that would be Burtons Batman movies that are a borefest.a batman movie shouldnt have them standing around talking practically the whole damn time like that god awful batman 89 did with hardly any action in it.No that would be Nolan that added depth and heart to the characters.Burtons batman movies,was all about the villains with batman having just a supporting role in it.You know I am right about that.Thats stupid for a batman movie.we knew nothing at all about Bruces motivations for fighting crime or why he dressed up like a bat something batman begins did a great job of going into detail explaining and at least in batman forever-the one half way decent batman movie of the four,we knew why he dressed up like a bat and fought crime because it was finally explained.it SHOULD have been explained in the first one since its the origin story for god sakes but that idiot Burton did not bother with it.He made CRAP.Nolan on the other hand,made A MASTERPIECE.yeah schumacher sucked because he made a horrible casting choice in chris o'donnel as robin.a guy who was not only way too old for the role to be adopted but also cant act worth a crap>he ruined batman forever.He should have cast scott weinger from full house and that movie would have been great.

Your dreaming if you think people will change their opinions.People like batman begins so much because its the ONLY batman movie faithful and loyal to the comicbook.People have been waiting for ages to see a batman movie that did the cape crusader justice and this batman movie finally did.That was the batman movie I wanted to see back in 89 but got robbed of because of Burton a guy that never should have been allowed near a batman franchise.He only cares about HIS vision.He does not care about pissing on the fans like he did.Thats a wild theory of yours that if it werent for Burton there would be no batman movies to love or hate.you calling people names wont make people take you seriously.you act just as much as YOUR opinion rules as well so get off your high horse.you calling people names is flaming,duh.

You say I am acting like Nolan as god well your posts show you are acting like that idiot Burton is god.Tim Burton has made some good films before such as ed wood and the night before christmas,but his Batman movies are crap.thank god for nolan a guy who knew cared about the fans and showing batmans TRUE character.not the cowardly killer burton made him into.

congrats,you are right about that director of the spiderman movies.He was a horrible choice to direct those movies and he screwed up those films big time,even worse than Burton did with Batman.Congratulations,you said ONE intelligent thing on this thread.Dont waste your time replying to me because Im done with you.

Batman Returns
holy shit, you FOOL! im not tryin AT ALL to change ANYBODYS opinion, YOU are, you ignorant ass!! stop puttin words in ppl's mouth!! your alone in your assumptions, i didnt even read your whole ignorant post against the burton films, its all just a big rant and nothin good comes out of it!! did you really think you would change my opinion!!?? wow, you got real issues pal. your diggin your own grave. and your huge post's suck, they dont amount to anything cept "ok i think burtons films suck cuz i just think they suck and thats that", wow, talk about immaturity on a message board roll eyes (sarcastic) i dont think you'd do well on collage essays, cuzthat whole paragrph SUCKED. get a life pal, cuz guess what? im reporting you. bashing other films that ppl like isnt rught, and your just a big stupid jerk. and believe me, ive gotten plenty of messages from other ppl that you indeed ARE, lol, thats why i tolerate your idiocy. go to the SSH boards, you'd probably like it better, plenty of nolan ass kissers to talk with. stick out tongue

bakerboy
Again, going on childish insults. I dont get why the people need to going on insults talking about movies. Its really ridiculous. For me, batman begins was totally superior and much better and faithful than the other movies, but i dont go on insults to valid my arguments.

All the people has the right to express their opinons with freedom in these forums . To deny it is just nazi and fascist.

Batman Returns
Again, going on childish insults. I dont get why the people need to going on insults talking about movies. Its really ridiculous. For me, batman begins was totally superior and much better and faithful than the other movies, but i dont go on insults to valid my arguments.

All the people has the right to express their opinons with freedom in these forums . To deny it is just nazi and fascist.

first off, im no nazi, LMAO, oh brother, what a stupid comment! also, the reason i posted that, ill admit "very angry" post is cuz parker doesnt get seem to undertsnad that he IS flaming and trolling, he snot just stating his opinion, he goes on pointless rants like a 2 year old expecting ppl (like you i assume) to be like "dooyyyy yeah i agree!! even though your posts amount to nothing!!".

you have to understand, ppl have been PM ing me telling me how friggin rude parker and his immature posts are and that i should just "deal" with him, LMAO, well, if he continues to say **** that i dont like, then he's in for it. no joke. i already reported him, so a moderator should be talkin to him soon.

lil pimp
Guys its just a movie chill.

bakerboy
There arent any rude or trolish or bashing in mr parker posts. He is only posting his opinions, like me. You are the one who starts with insults and personal offenses.

Batman Returns
There arent any rude or trolish or bashing in mr parker posts. He is only posting his opinions, like me. You are the one who starts with insults and personal offenses.

again. WRONG. mr. parker rudley put down the burton films immidielty after i said i liked them better then BB. then i said, "hey you need to lighten up and stop flaming the burton films for no reason except ypour insecurities i assume". then, he goes "on the rampage", and some of the **** he siad pissed me off alot, so naturally after his rude outbursts, i retaliated, telling him WHY hes wrong in a mature, coherent manner, and ofcourse he doesnt care, so he just keeps doing what hes doing. hes not winning, so theres no point to reply to his, or yours, halfassed comments and trolling "opinions". then YOU came into it and said a load of **** that was wrong, and now look at it, EVERYONE is argueing over a movie. noone can just state there opinon and leave it be?? its GOTTA be an arguemnt, especially with ppl who dont even know what there sayin except "i dont like this and that"?

like ive said, its sad. sad and whats more sad, ppl actually PM me and say to be "gentle" on him a day after i join. LMAO, i guess im not the only one who feels this way about mr. parker. laughing

Mr Parker
Rudly put down the burton films? LMAO. laughing you lie because you did not reply in a mature manner,it was rude and uncalled for just like all your posts are to everybody.talk about insecurities,that would be you,you cant stand to see those god awful burton films put down.your the guy trolling.you cant stand to be proven wrong how bad burtons films are like many people here cant but you take it to a new level and insult people all the time.yeah those people that pm'd you,cant stand it that I have taken them to school before in the past and have proven before how the burton batman movies are so bad,they know they cant counter my arguments,take it easy on me,yeah whatever.you lost the debate a long time ago in your posts just like that sevenman did.this for sure is my last post I will use to bother discussing anything with you.

as others have said,BATMAN BEGINS blows away the other batman films.

WindDancer
Batman Begins (2005) Pwnz Batman (1989) Great Poll. thumb up

Batman Returns
Batman Begins (2005) Pwnz Batman (1989) Great Poll. thumb up

you should have added IMO before or after that stupid post. not everyone agree's with that. and why love a poll that only aims to mock the past great bat films? that only makes YOU look bad. roll eyes (sarcastic) i wouldnt be too proud of myself, cuz if you were a TRUE bat-fan, you would like ALL the bat-films, and yes that includes B&R. i dont like it, but then again im not a "purist", cuz i tend to hate purists, they think there so rightcheous. well let me tell ya, there not. there losers. thanks for proveing that to me. BB blew, and blew hard. your ignorant though, and wouldnt know a good fun film if it bit you in the ass, so just STFU. cant believe you like BB likeyou do, IT WAS SO BORING!! where was the action and awsopmness?? why couldnt i see bale fight? why did batman talk funny like alec baldwin rip-off marble m,outh AND look like jay leno in the cowl!! omg, this movie sucked, and it WASNT what batman is supposed to be: BORING!!

and parker, might as well stop posting now, i dont read your ignorant, half assed posts. like ive said, your on my ignore list, and from what it looks like, most fo the nolan ass kissers in this thread. roll eyes (sarcastic) mad B89 is a classic. i mean, they play it on TCM for cryin out loud, and the burton actors performances left a mark on hollywood and batman (B89 went as far as to influence comic books!!) but what did bale do for batman? nothing. zip. he made a boring batman movie and thats that. made a good FILM, but not a good BATMAN film. there is a difference. it wasnt fun, it was bland. it wasnt exciting and gripping, it was boring and slowpaced. and the actors made SURE they bored you to death before they hit you with that wink and did there stupid shit on the trains and planes and automobiles and whatnot. actually, BB was something else: a comedy. it showed how stupid hollywood can be sometimes. and just cuz ppl "like" it now does not secure it a permant memory in the general audience head like burton did with B89 (and to a point, BR, my personal fav.).

lil pimp
I happen to like all the movies and yes including B&R some i like more then others but i dont start haten on the people that dont like forever,just because somebody happens to not like a movie that you do doesnt meen you got to go all crazy on them that just like a little kid.

But i do agree with you that batman begins was a little boring but it was a good movie alot better then burtons films mostly becouse keaton was not in it. batmanthis is what keaton looked like with the mask.

DarthLazious
The very 1st Batman movie and no not the Adam West one.

bakerboy
All what you want, batman returns, but in the poll, batman begins is kiking the other movies asses so hard that is even funny argue against that.

Batman Returns
doesnt matter. B89 and BR are still awsome movies, i could give 2 sh**s what BB ass kissers think. roll eyes (sarcastic) at least i ahve an open mind and not ignorant like most of them are and can actually tell a good movie from a modern, unoriginal "spiderman-esque" movie.

lil pimp
You should really use your spellcheck next time.

peejay88
I personally liked Batman returns best of all, as a movie i thought it was great all round. It didn't stay particularly true to the comic books but neither do any of the fillms if you wanna be picky. As with the comic boks the drawer and writer of the comic defines the character and events, much like the directors of the films.

Batman Returns
You should really use your spellcheck next time.

COUGH*immature*COUGH

Batman Returns
Originally posted by peejay88
I personally liked Batman returns best of all, as a movie i thought it was great all round. It didn't stay particularly true to the comic books but neither do any of the fillms if you wanna be picky.

EXACTLY. i have proven my point. there was alot in BB that wasnt faithful. nor do i WANT it to be super faithful, cuz that means oneword: BORING. ppl have to understand, transalting a book (or in this case, comic book) to screen is not an easy task, and usually the director and script writer have to add things to the film that arent in the comics so that audiesnces will actually want to SEE the movie and enjoy it as well. BB was not exciting and i just felt bored most of the time. B89 and BR, heck, even BF had more engrossing action then this. BB is a good MOVIE, but not a good BATMAN movie IMO. it just too boring and un eventful.

Burton made the best. cool Happy Dance

Mr Parker
Naw that would be Nolan that made the best.Batman Begins is a good movie and great Batman movie.That would be the burton batman films that are not good batman movies which are boring and uneventful.Nolans Batman Movie did justice to his character unlike Burtons Batman films by making a point of it that he will not kill people to bring justice to gothem city.People will say that he killed his trainer by not saving him which is untrue.not saving someone and out right murdering somebody which was what Burtons Batman did, are two entirely different things.doesn sound like you watched the same movie that the people who loved batman begins did because batman begins had non stop action in it from beginning to end like a batman movie SHOULD have.everybody knows that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

vaya_the_elf
I'd say Batman begins. Then Batman smile

Beacon of Grace
Batman Begins!

Batman Returns
Naw that would be Nolan that made the best.Batman Begins is a good movie and great Batman movie.That would be the burton batman films that are not good batman movies which are boring and uneventful.Nolans Batman Movie did justice to his character unlike Burtons Batman films by making a point of it that he will not kill people to bring justice to gothem city.People will say that he killed his trainer by not saving him which is untrue.not saving someone and out right murdering somebody which was what Burtons Batman did, are two entirely different things.doesn sound like you watched the same movie that the people who loved batman begins did because batman begins had non stop action in it from beginning to end like a batman movie SHOULD have.everybody knows that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

umm......stop your ranting pointless posts please? you wind up looking like a fool cuz of ypour pointless posts. you rant and rant and say "doooooyy BB is da best word up!!" and sound like a down-syndrome kid. just shut up, not everyone agree's with you. your opinion does not equal fact, so please just STFU, your not wrong and your not right. so stop acting like your right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

oh and burton had artistic-ness, nolan was copying spiderman, and th villians were boring. burton, once again, triumphs. BB just was boring and sucked IMO. cant believe he made batman boring. and bale was so uninteresting. keaton had that thing, that thing not everyone has, that look maybe? i dunno, but he had it, that on-the-edge look and bale looked like a bimbo ass, even as batman. i actually felt emabarssed wtaching his batman. sad he looked like a guy in a suit, unlike burtons batman, who was a true creature of the night, not some rich goth kid wannabe like bale. of course thats just my opinion, but at least i end with a point in my posts, not just some random stupid rant like. take my advice, debate intelligently. smile

bakerboy
Stop with that garbage, batman returns. You are acussing mr parker of postint the same thing again and again and you are the one on posting the same crap again and again, burton this , burton that, what great were the burton movies, etc. Ok, we get it, we know your opinion, change the issue. Your discussion is getting old and boring .

And please, read the comics for once in your life, batman begins 100 times more loyal to the comics than the burton movies. Stop with your nonsense.

Batman Returns
Stop with that garbage, batman returns. You are acussing mr parker of postint the same thing again and again and you are the one on posting the same crap again and again, burton this , burton that, what great were the burton movies, etc. Ok, we get it, we know your opinion, change the issue. Your discussion is getting old and boring .

And please, read the comics for once in your life, batman begins 100 times more loyal to the comics than the burton movies. Stop with your nonsense.

i could give 2 sh**ts if BB was more loyal to the comics, I DONT READ THE COMICS. ive read the big ones like DKR, and year 1, and things like that, but im not a regular with comics, so i really dont care. i know what i need to know, and what i KNOW is that BB, while being supposedly more "faithful" was also more BORING to the average viewer who could give 2 sh**ts what how wayne gets to be batman. i mean, cmon! i dont care about where he got his bat dinky ears from china!!! oh brother! i was rolling my eyes through have the movie! not to mention snoring! in fact, this whole thread is making me snore. and you and parker are seriously on the child level here with your stupid rants and nonesense. give it up! YOUR the one with annoying "BB is better so shut up" posts! cmon! first there stating your opinion, and then, stating your opinion while ramming it down ppl's throats. you and parker are doing this and its seriously annoying me and others who i talk to. so please, stfu and stop acting like BB was a godsend, it certainly wasnt, and, like someone else said, EVERY bat -film, including BB, isnt acurate to the comics if you want to get picky, and trust me, theres ALOT thats not faithful to the comics in BB. ill make a list if you'd like, just say the word. that would make a VERY good debate. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker

Bakerboy if I were you,I would not even bother reading his posts just like I dont anymore.He is obviously one of those keaton/ Burton apologists who refuse to see the shortcomings and failures of the Burton Batman films.Like you said,the guy has never read any of the comics because if he had, he would know how Burtons Batman movies were nothing at all like a Batman movie.That they were more suited for a james bond flick than a Batman film and how those movies butchered to death his character.I addressed his last post only for the benefit of other people who like the Burton Batman films because their posts arent insane like his are.

He has proven he doesnt have a clue what he is talking about saying that Batman Begins was boring and uneventful.Yeah a movie where the majority of the movie has lots of action in it and explains in detail his origin story is unevenful and boring.yet a movie where all they do most the first hour in a half is stand around talking most the time with very little action in it till the last 30 minutes of the film IS not boring and exciting! the guy cripples his arguments constantly with laughable statements like there was no action in Batman Begins when everybody who saw the movie knows it did.. laughing the ONLY thing he has said since he has come on here with ANY ring of truth to it is that Sam Raimi is a worse comicbook director than Burton is.Now THAT he is right about. big grin

bakerboy
You are right, mr parker. Is totally impossible to discuss with this guy, he only goes on insults and personal offenses when someone critizes the burton movies. For my part, the discussion is dead.

BlackC@t
Batman Begins, by far.

Thousand times better than 89' Batman.

BlackC@t
Why does it matter if BB was loyal to the comics? Just because a movie is loyal to the comics doesn't make it good.

Spider-Man wasn't exactly loyal to the comics, but it's still a brilliant movie.

Batman Returns, it's best to leave Bakerboy be. There's no convincing him, he's a shit stirer so it's best to just leave it.

Batman Returns
i give up. why do i even talk in this thread? whats the point? you have only burton haters and sh** heads. at least black cat gets how to state an opinion without bein an ass. im through. no wonder the burton fans dont come in here anymore, they have to deal with YOU 2 losers, tweedle-dee and tweedle dumb. nobody really likes you cuz of your half assed opinions (ppl have told me in PM's). BB was boring and uneventful in MY eyes, whatcha gonna do about it? IT WAS. GET OVER IT. and many ppl agree with me, so go suck it. you got your wish parker and bakerboy, but i still think B89 and BR are the best damn bat films ever, and you are just ignorant BB lovers whp have no have no good taste in movies and wont give credit where credit is due. shame on you. while your giveing BB a blow job, ill be haveing a life, cya! Happy Dance

bakerboy
Its laughable how people without any reason or argument always goes on insults and childish offenses. What sad.

bakerboy
And really, those people who posts crap argumets as stupid as hell or simply lies like that there wasnt any action in batman begins and a lot of action in tim burton batman are totally invalid and out of reality. Those opinions are just stupid lies and nonsense crap. All the people who could see those movies will see it. Its simple A LOT OF LIES.

Batman Returns
And really, those people who posts crap argumets as stupid as hell or simply lies like that there wasnt any action in batman begins and a lot of action in tim burton batman are totally invalid and out of reality. Those opinions are just stupid lies and nonsense crap. All the people who could see those movies will see it. Its simple A LOT OF LIES.

omg, LMFAO!! this made me laugh out loud!! how untrue!! your so pitiful! so ignorant! you dont know what batman is all about. if you did, you wouldnt be sayin sh** bout burton and his masterpiece of films.

talk about childish, just look at you! your a sad mental case of BB lover syndrome! BB has got you whipped! you dont even know who batman REALLY is! if you did, you would shut up. go away little child, your makin me sick.

BlackC@t
Its laughable how people without any reason or argument always goes on insults and childish offenses. What sad.

Quit provoking him. You claim to be being more level-headed than he is, you're just as bad.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Batman Begins, by far.

Thousand times better than 89' Batman.

Well your second post after this one was not at all true black c@t but you were dead right on in this post.you hit the nail on the head on this post. big grin

Mr Parker

That is why I strongly advise to stop responding to him bakerboy.The more and more you take his bait and respond to him,the more and more you are just playing his game that he wants you to play and falling into his trap.He is not worth it.He is just on here seeking attnetion.dont play his game by responding to his posts,thats what he wants you to do.

bakerboy
Hey, i dont provoking anyone or insulting anyone. Not even discussing with that guy because my discussion with him ended a long time ago. I was refering not only to him, but to several fans of tim burton movies from those forums who always post insults to the people who critizes those movies. Im not even entry in a discussion with those guys anymore.

vaya_the_elf
confused

JediMasterLuke5
Batman Begins is the best Super hero movie ever so of course its the Best batman movie. Batman Begins is the highest rated Super Hero movie ever.

sevenman
1. batman forever
3.batman returns
5.batman sub-zero
6.batman
7.batman the movie
8.batman and robin
9.batman begins

I also understand if you want to kill me for liking batman and robin more than batman begins but I dont really give a shit of what ya think of me!! smokin' mask of the phantom laughing out loud mystery of the batwomen laughing

Originally posted by DarkAge
Can we have one discussion about Batman movies without bringing up nipples please? Jesus HELL NO.

1.Batman forever
2.Batman begins
5.Batman sub-zero
6.Batman 89
7.Batman and Robin
9.Batman Returns

Still havent seen the one about batwomen! laughing out loud Well your true list is an idiot. laughing

Originally posted by Kelly Renee
Oooo, here's my list-

1. Batman-Mask of the Phantasm & Return of the Joker
2. Batman Sub Zero
3. Batman Returns
4. Batman 89

I haven't seen 'Begins' yet.. *sigh* So this is my list, for now. 'Batman Forever' and 'Batman & Robin' don't exist.. in my opinion! HAH! They're horrible.. absolutely horrible.. sick YOU ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Batman returns to me was like a batman version of the nigtmare before christmas and a twist of the eleghentman. this ****** cant even spell elephant man

Actually The burton and schumacher batman movies are the ones that should never have been released.They all butchered to death the comicbook in one way or the other.Its no surprise whatsoever Batman Begins is blowing away the competition since it was the ONLY Batman movie made so far that wasnt crap. or its new

hahaha! Begins is just grinding the competition. stick out tongue becuase its new

Originally posted by VenomVA
Mine are:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Begins
Batman: Subzero
Batman Beyond: Return of Joker
Batman Forever
Batman '89
Batman Returns

The Mystery of Catwoman animated movie was kinda weak to me....I won't rank that one...same as B&R YUCK! THE MYSTERY OF CATWOMAN laughing

Originally posted by Kelly Renee
Would you stop FORCING your opinion on people? It's really annoying..

I LIKE Burton's films, I LIKE Michael Keaton and I HATE Kilmer/Clooney.. I HATE 'Batman Forever' AND 'Batman & Robin'.. and I always WILL. WORD

1. BATMAN RETURNS (1992)
2. BATMAN (1966)
3. BATMAN BEYOND RETURN OF THE JOKER (2001)
4. BATMAN DEAD END (2004)
5. BATMAN BEGINS (2005)
6. BATMAN MASK OF THE PHANTASM (1991)
7. BATMAN (1989)
8. BATMAN MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN (1999)
9. BATMAN SUB ZERO (1998)
10. BATMAN FOREVER (1995)
11. BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)

Lord Shadow Z
1. Batman Begins
2. Batman Forever

LLG
1: Batman Begins
2: Batman Returns
3: Batman(1989)

Batman:Mask of the Phantasm was pretty good too.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
1. Batman Begins
2. Batman Forever

once again me and lord shadow z see eye to eye.

TwisterGameX
Batman and Robin
Batman forever
Batman(with the Joker)
Batman begins

TwisterGameX
^ JK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.