At what age did Bruce become Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Some people say 22, others say 29. Would anyone be able to affirm this for me?

NoFate007
I think his parents died when he was 8, correct? I'd consider him Batman that instant, because that's the moment his life turned into the thing it is now. Batman was dormant for a few years while he trained but then he embraced it.

As for officially, I have no idea, maybe 24?

OtterVomit
In the Year One comics, he was 25 when the bat flew through his window. In Batman Begins, he's 29 when he returns to Gotham, and turns 30 during the movie (his birthday party where he throws everyone out before Ras burns his house down).

Wickerman
Originally posted by OtterVomit
In the Year One comics, he was 25 when the bat flew through his window. In Batman Begins, he's 29 when he returns to Gotham, and turns 30 during the movie (his birthday party where he throws everyone out before Ras burns his house down).

Dammit, was about to say in BB he's 29, but your observational skills surpassed my own sad Didn't even realize he turned 30 no

~wickerman~

Kieralinn
Comics was early 20's...in All Star Batman & Robin he is supposed to be like 25...according to Miller.

In BB..yep he was 29 and turned 30.

Joker1237
I say he became batman at 8 years old. He done the custom at the age of 25 though.

Bat Dude
I say about 25 or 26. It's just an estimate.

wuTa
it sure the hell ain't 29 comic bookwise, i always believed it to be 24, could be wrong though

Mainstream
I think he was 22 to 24 years when he offically became Bats

lifeisaglich
started training at age 8....put on the suit at 21 years of age..I think

WindDancer
Well, he finish school at age 24. So I'm guessing he became Batman somewhere about 28-30. I'm not quite sure but his training years overseas did took about 7 years. And 30 is a bit old...maybe he finish school earlier.

Mainstream
I think he was batman by the age of 25 or 26 I think

Joseph_Kerr
In some of the comics, it mentions Bruce leaving Gotham at age 14 to begin is training. I think many believe this to be too young (and unrealistic), so that's why in the movie he's in his 20's during his training.

WindDancer
In Batman Begins take a closer look at the scene in which Bruce and Rachel are talking at Wayne Mansion in the early morning of Bruce's birthday. You'll see a balloon decoration with the number 30 in the background. Then you can make your assumptions from there.

Mainstream
and he was gone for 7 years so he started training at age 23

munkiesarus
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
In some of the comics, it mentions Bruce leaving Gotham at age 14 to begin is training. I think many believe this to be too young (and unrealistic), so that's why in the movie he's in his 20's during his training.

Yeah, I've heard of the left-at-14-for-ten-years statements. Makes more sense than the "he started his training at 8" idiocy I"m hearing in here.

olympian
Ill go with about 25 myself. At least post crisis.

manjaro
he became bats at 25 for sure

SnakeEyes
A comic book character's age is always something hard to determine because they don't really get older/age like real people...

olympian
Hey SnakeEyes you post at Shc ?

sevenman
He went to school and shit until he was twenty two then left his identity behind him and ran away to travel the world for training until finally returning to Gotham City seven years later fully trained but needed a to become a legend strike fear into those who prey against the fearful. I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.