Orion vs Full God Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Full God meaning full power/immortal.

Hercules is the prince of power, one of the strongest beings in the universe, Orion has been said to be the strongest humanoid on Earth.

Orion gets his mother box and astro harness(of course)
Hercules gets his adamantium mase and whatever else he uses as weapons.

These two would not get along at all, it'd be funny.

olympian
Orin with the astro power beats pretty much every High end brick.

Can someone provide the potential of the astro power, its like cosmic power no.

Toe to Toe....hmmmm rougly equal, both highly skilled, both though and both are immortal ( dont know that much about New gods in general, but they are immortal arent they? ).

Its a toss up. None will quit. And top of that both are stubburn as hell.

olympian
Btw are the Hydra arrows allowed wink

long pig
Yeah, he's immortal.
I was going to put him without his motherbox and Astro harness, but without his rage in check via mother box, his strength rises too far for Herc to really handle in a h2h fight.

long pig
Sure, why not.
Can they penetrate his force field?

olympian
Well they could make Gods wish they wer death. Theyr magical.

About his rage, why you say it would be too much for Herc to handle? Superman never seem to have of a problem to match him.

Dont forget that Herc can go into warrior madness as well.

long pig
Superman made the mistake of blasting his motherbox once, Orion flipped out and beat the hell out of him.
Superman has stalemated and lost to him(bloodlusted pre-crisis superman), they are at least around the same strength, Orion is said to be stronger though even with the mother box.

olympian
Pre Crisis Superman even it was absurd had actually alot of peers in strengh.

Orion was one and so was Heracles. Wonder Woman was another at the time like Captain Marvel. ( ironically all wer " Gods " ).

Astro Orin wins. But without i see it as a bloodust toss up.

About the rage ill check out to see if its all that.

long pig
Yeah, the rage is pretty nuts. His strength goes from Superman level or slightly above to insanly high, potentially limitless.

The astro force that goes through his body surges his strength higher and higher, the AF is basically power from the presence.

The reason why he has to keep his rage in check is because otherwise, he turns basically into a bloodlusted Hulk+astro force, killing anything in sight.

olympian
Was he with that rage when he beat Darkseid in Orion # 5 of Simonson?

He seemed to have the astro at first but the looked like he took it off.

Its cool to see another character with Heracles gig of " stronger i get with mad rage. "

long pig

olympian
I like Orion best than 90% of DC characters. Oddly enough i dont like much the Kirby "look" but i really dig the one Simonson got to him. Much cooler.

And Herc does have chances but only on a physicall match. Or using the Hydra arrows before he gets his force field on.

This is one of the fights that i never know what to answer, without both having " weapons ".

Damn i want a classical Jugs/Hercules and an Orion/Hercules one shots.

long pig
Kirby invented him, so I can't say I don't like the look he gave him, but I do like the simonson look from his series more so.
The Kirby look is dated.

Orion was the only hero I knew in DC who really didn't mind killing.....anyone.

whirlysplat
Cap Marvel, Vartox and Mon El etc were pre crisis peers, Orion was't and neither was WonderwomanOriginally posted by olympian
Pre Crisis Superman even it was absurd had actually alot of peers in strengh.

Orion was one and so was Heracles. Wonder Woman was another at the time like Captain Marvel. ( ironically all wer " Gods " ).

Astro Orin wins. But without i see it as a bloodust toss up.

About the rage ill check out to see if its all that.

long pig
Captian Marvel wasn't near Superman's equal in strength? I thought that was the common thought about him.

olympian
"Cap Marvel, Vartox and Mon El etc were pre crisis peers, Orion was't and neither was Wonderwoman"

Wrong. Wonder Woman and Supes had one fight and it was a stalemate. One draw by Garcia Lopez.

Orion Pre Crisis was Supes level. Thats one of the things the crisis didnt changed in relation of Superman. Hes still a peer. Unlike WW relation to supes post crisis.

And Captain Marvel wasent a peer? Is that why he actually have - wins - against Superman? And that must be also the reason why Supes at this time starts ripping off Captain Marvels powers and background, because he wasent a peer.

Heracles was also, Mon- El another, Vartox another, Wonder Woman another, Orion another and Shavam who was a Supes villain was too.

long pig
Orion was definatly at least equal, and by some accounts his superior in strength. Now, it's more than likely he's even more superior to current supes, since Orion hasn't been effected by the crisis.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by olympian
"Cap Marvel, Vartox and Mon El etc were pre crisis peers, Orion was't and neither was Wonderwoman"

Wrong. Wonder Woman and Supes had one fight and it was a stalemate. One draw by Garcia Lopez.

Orion Pre Crisis was Supes level. Thats one of the things the crisis didnt changed in relation of Superman. Hes still a peer. Unlike WW relation to supes post crisis.

And Captain Marvel wasent a peer? Is that why he actually have - wins - against Superman? And that must be also the reason why Supes at this time starts ripping off Captain Marvels powers and background, because he wasent a peer.

Heracles was also, Mon- El another, Vartox another, Wonder Woman another, Orion another and Shavam who was a Supes villain was too.

It was excepted Pre Crisis Supes was the strongest of the JLA, Orion was weaker Pre crisis accept it. Excuse me Fawcett Comics created Marvel after Superman. I didn't mention Marvel as he was obviously a peer. I do not have the issure you talk of, I do have the Superboy and Legion one though where Superboy travels to 1974 and lifts more than Wonderwomanbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

long pig
It's really hard to say, I mean they did fight h2h pretty squarly with niether really showing who's stronger until Orion's motherbox got smashed, then it was pretty appearant who was stronger.

But then again, Superman has more feats of strength, and it sorta seemed as though he might have tried to hold back at first.

Superboy is stronger than PC Captian Marvel?
Jesus, I really don't know anything about CM....

olympian
"It was excepted Pre Crisis Supes was the strongest of the JLA"

And? There are other heroes besides the JLA. WW didnt lost against him so she cant be that weaker. If she has a max higher or not its another story.

"Orion was weaker Pre crisis accept it"

Yeah, thats why unlike Superman he has a win/near win against Pre Crisis Darkseid. I accept that wink

"Excuse me Fawcett Comics created Marvel after Superman."

And where did i said they didnt? He was an amalgamation like Supes. It doesnt change the fact that DC copied Captain Marvel when he became more popular than Supes. How?

A bald rival cientist in Dr Silvana= Bald_mad_scientist Luthor came later.

Flying= Marvel did it first.

Strength= Marvel started to do crazy feats first. Like tossing asteroids into orbit and figthing beings from the past and future.

Background= Marvel " familiy ". DC copied the whole Superman familiy from it. Superboy/girl/dog/uncle wharever.

And Pre Crisis Superboy was as strong if not stronger than Superman.

long pig
Eh, it's kinda common knowledge WonderWoman is a step below Superman.
I think they let her stalemate with him because of her fanbase, she shouldn't be able to last long against an angry Superman.
I'm no Superman fan, but I know what he can do when he's pissed.

Whirly knows his Superman/Gladiator background, he should give the link of the "First Superman", it's hella interesting.

DC and Marvel both copied superman from the Gladiator guy from the book.

And,(I'm not defending) but Orion knew Darkseids weaknesses and ways to take him out when he killed him, Superman knew next to nothing about him. That in itself gives a bit of prep to Orion.

I can't remember, but I believe Orion deflected Darkseids Omega Beam back to DS with his bare hands, I'm not sure Superman could do that though.

ImmortalOne
So, ...... Orion wins yes ???

long pig
Yeah, he wins.
It's kinda one sided though, the Astro-Force takes it to another league.

Hercules would DEFINATLY give him a decent sized run for his money though, their strength isn't very far apart if any.

I'm still pissed about the Orion vs Surfer fight...........I think he could take Surfer.

olympian
She is a step below post crisis. Pre crisis anyone who could give him a fight was a peer in strenght. Like He-man and all the others i mentioned. Savage Hulk at that time also.

About fanbase....i wouldnt bet on it. She doesnt have much of it. At least compared with Superman and some others.

They did both copied Gladiator yes, what i wanted to show is that DC copied elements from Marvel and not just the other way around. Alot of people think Superman was the one who came up with all these
elements originaly and Fawcet ripp it all off.

Agreed. Orion has a huge advantage by knowing his father well. It doesnt change that is was always a peer of him and Supes tho.

"So, ...... Orion wins yes ???"

You mean against Hercules? With Astro yes wink without it its too much an unknown battle...and id really want to see it.

ImmortalOne
It should be a stalemate, bro........ (I'm a SS fan why am I saying this??)

whirlysplat
"It was excepted Pre Crisis Supes was the strongest of the JLA"

And? There are other heroes besides the JLA. WW didnt lost against him so she cant be that weaker. If she has a max higher or not its another story.

"Orion was weaker Pre crisis accept it"

Yeah, thats why unlike Superman he has a win/near win against Pre Crisis Darkseid. I accept that wink

"Excuse me Fawcett Comics created Marvel after Superman."

And where did i said they didnt? He was an amalgamation like Supes. It doesnt change the fact that DC copied Captain Marvel when he became more popular than Supes. How?

A bald rival cientist in Dr Silvana= Bald_mad_scientist Luthor came later.

Flying= Marvel did it first.

Strength= Marvel started to do crazy feats first. Like tossing asteroids into orbit and figthing beings from the past and future.

Background= Marvel " familiy ". DC copied the whole Superman familiy from it. Superboy/girl/dog/uncle wharever.

And Pre Crisis Superboy was as strong if not stronger than Superman.

You should have just bumped my thread on Miracleman for a very detailed synopsis from John Carter on Mars and Wylies Gladiator to Alan Moores revamp of the Marvelman character.

Pre Crisis Supes was stronger than Orionbig grin accept it

The great Darkness Saga where the clone of Orion has snot beat out of him by Superboy kinda proves itbig grin

long pig
Oh no, EVERYONE COPIES EVERYONE, that's the name of the game in comics.

Spiderman lead to Slade lead to Spawn lead to Deadpool.

About the Surfer fight, Surfer hit Orion with ONE blast, Orion didn't have his shield up or anything, and he was taken out by that one shot. Horrible writing, even fore x-overs.

I think astro-force would harm Surfer like the Omega beams did, it's basically magically based and Surfer's weakness is magic.

Not to mention he's stronger and a better fighter and can keep up with lightspeed fighting in space(not on earth, he can only go mach 5 or so).

Basically, he should have as good a chance as Thor does, and then add a forcefield to deflect blasts and super healing(hulk level).

olympian
"Pre Crisis Supes was stronger than Orion accept it "

Never! devil

"The great Darkness Saga where the clone of Orion has snot beat out of him by Superboy kinda proves it"

Thats not Pre Crisis. Hummm! How strong was that Orion clone?

And wouldnt that Superboy be stronger than the post crisis Superman that was in the past wink

long pig
Whirly, Orion faught a clone of himself before and overpowered it quasi-easily.
That kinda shows you the clones are never as powerful as the original.

whirlysplat
These were. The Superman Clone was stronger than Superboy, Have you ever read it long pig, its the best precrisis DC story, by a long way. Its Giffen but before his writing went mad. Its genius and still on sale in trade, not much pre crisis is read it mate, its cool.

olympian
If that clone wasent at least stronger than regular Orion its not a big feat.

whirlysplat
If that clone wasent at least stronger than regular Orion its not a big feat.
It wass his equal in every way right down to the astro forcebig grin

olympian
Whyrly....Darkness saga isent pre crisis. Giffen wasent a pre crisis writer.

"It wass his equal in every way right down to the astro force"

Was it stated or showed? If it went that way - with - astro force then that Superboy is ahead of Superman.

Just like he was Pre Crisis stick out tongue

ImmortalOne
Supez fanboys are getting more annoying theese days, they even post supez in threads that dont concern Supez.... sigh...

whirlysplat
Whyrly....Darkness saga isent pre crisis. Giffen wasent a pre crisis writer.

"It wass his equal in every way right down to the astro force"

Was it stated or showed? If it went that way - with - astro force then that Superboy is ahead of Superman.

Just like he was Pre Crisis stick out tongue

Yes it is precrisis I shall prove it Superboy is part of the Legion. Point madebig grin Superboy was removed as part of the Crisis!!!!! Thats what the pokcet Dimension plot was the Legions part of Crisis, it was not 85 but 82 or 83 therefore Precrisis.

olympian
On the topic.

Orion with Astro Force wins against Hercules. The only chance Herc would have would be if he had the Hyda arrows and shot him before Orion activated his field. One chance in hell and not likely.

Physicall match its a toss up for me. A crazy and bloody one.

Out of Topic.

You dont need to prove Superboy of the legion of superheroes was ahead of Superman. He always was and i know it.

And that story was written post crisis. If the events are Hypertime its another story.

whirlysplat
On the topic.

Orion with Astro Force wins against Hercules. The only chance Herc would have would be if he had the Hyda arrows and shot him before Orion activated his field. One chance in hell and not likely.

Physicall match its a toss up for me. A crazy and bloody one.

Out of Topic.

You dont need to prove Superboy of the legion of superheroes was ahead of Superman. He always was and i know it.

It was 1983 just checked that makes it Precrisis, I'm losing respect for you Olympian and yes Geffen was writing from 1980

olympian
You said The Darkness saga. Thats not 1983. Whats the name of that one

whirlysplat
The trade was released in 1991 the original arc was 1983 - 84

ImmortalOne
Wait, I thought Pre Crisis was 1982 and past....

olympian
"The trade was released in 1991 the original arc was 1983 - 84"

But was it the great darkness saga? That saga is recent.

whirlysplat
It's hard to convey in retrospect how suffused with tension these issues were they originally appeared in issues #287, 290-294, and Annual #3, in 1982-1984. Recently released in trade form, likely due to the burgeoning popularity of the new series, this was a Legion epic that lived up to the name with scope and menace. From the teaser in #287, which indicates that things are not quite right on that barren, familiar world, to the coda of Annual #3, shock really did follow shock as the Legion struggled against the one menace that could have conceivably destroyed the universe. Who's strong enough to do that? Darkseid is.

http://www.shotgunreviews.com/comics/greatdarknesssaga.html

Point made, Its the Great Darkness Saga

1982 -84 earlier than I remember, starting to think you make stuff up, I will check everything you say from now on.

olympian
Was confusing with Rock of Ages whos also a Darkseid Tale and its more recent.

"starting to think you make stuff up, I will check everything you say from now on."

Be my guest. Its there for check.

And Pre Crisis Superboy is stronger than the man, check that out too.

whirlysplat
No but you obviously don't know much pre crisis to get the best series precrisis from the Legion muddled with an average post crisis JLA story.
If you haven't read it you can't disagree with the truth from one who has and challeges you to read it.

olympian
That tale being the best pre crisis story is a matter of opinion. And mine can be different.

That story doesnt take the other stories theyr truth. Read Wonder Woman against Superman. Read Heracles against Superman. Read Superman getting beaten by Mongul. And read Orion winning against Darkseid. Read captain Marvel beating Superman and vice versa.

Great darkness saga is a story that shows how badass Pre Crisis Darkseid was. So does Rock of ages. Really different here. Theyr both about Darkseid beating on everyone.

Doesnt erase the fact Pre crisis Orion has a near win if not a win at all - once - ( some time since i read it ) while Superman never did. Pre Crisis Superboy its another level.

whirlysplat
pre Crisis Suberboy was weaker than Mon elbig grin Mon el was a very slight bit higher than Superman, not much
The Great Darkness is generally considered the best, which is why its still in print. Unless like me your lucky enough to have the original issues and the trade.
I remeber Orion and the new gods generally as being much weaker in comparision Pre Crisis, with the exceptions of Highfather and Darkseid. Superboy pre crisis was created by the time trapper, he was a clone if you will, his powers were not as great as pre crisis Superman. This can be proved easily using feats etc.

Keep the faithbig grin

Play honestlybig grin

Don't make stuff upsmile

Stay Whirly rock

long pig
How can you say Orion is weaker than Darkseid when he has actually beaten and killed him.

If you say DS is equal or greater than PC supes, then you'd be saying Orion is as well.

whirlysplat
Orion actually try's to kill Darkseid in the Grat Darkness Saga and I think this is the story everyone on here is getting confused aboutbig grin He doesn't kill him. Highfathers clone doesn't kill him either. The fact Darkseid is alive in the 30th Century Pre Crisis kind of proves this. People are listening to what they heard and not what happened or what they readbig grin.

Read it and seebig grin

ImmortalOne
What ?? DS wasnt killed back then ??

K3VIL
Full God Hercules is near indestructible.He can be killed only in Olympus, so, when he's fighting outta that dimension, he's immortal.Even if someone possess such power to damage or injure him, he'll heal back at outstanding rate that will make Hulk and Wolverine looking like they are 2nd rate regenerative guys.
Orion on the other hand possess a high degree of invulnerability which rival that of Superman, his strenght and power are CONTAINED from the mother box.Orion's real nature is revealed when you broke it or he's separated from it.Like when he beat the crap outta the Man Of Steel, his face change in appearence and his berserker rage make him a near unstoppable force.
I think he and Herc will stalemate.
whirlysplat Orion has been written in a crap manner on major occasions, when the writers remember who he is, he stomp anything/anyone on his path.

long pig
Darkseid indeed was killed. They faught in another dimention and Orion won.
Of course he's back, but he was killed.

ImmortalOne
He WAS killed, that settlles it back to topic !!!

whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
Darkseid indeed was killed. They faught in another dimention and Orion won.
Of course he's back, but he was killed.

Pre crisis he was not killed to my knowledge please give me a referencebig grin

ImmortalOne
I thought we were back to topic ??

long pig
It may very well be PC DS, it was in new gods #20.
But the thing is, the Darkseid today is pre-crisis Darkseid, he and none of the other new gods were effected by the IC.

So, technically yes, he beat PC Darkseid.

whirlysplat
The new gods were revamped by the Crisis, just subtlely proof is Darkseid can't move planets instantly though Space anymore. The whole contnuity was altered by Crisis. Not just what you saw, whole events were wiped, its another thing people on this board don't get. I guess you had to read crisis at the time and not just the trade which omits a lotbig grin

ImmortalOne
So, DS is weak !!

K3VIL
I've always wanted to know, why if Darkseid possess the Omega Force he can't use it to levitate or fly or erect force fields and so?
I mean, he can blast you with Omega Beams, use punches and kicks, but if a low level Class 100 like Colossus throw him in outerspace with success what he's gonna do?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
I've always wanted to know, why if Darkseid possess the Omega Force he can't use it to levitate or fly or erect force fields and so?
I mean, he can blast you with Omega Beams, use punches and kicks, but if a low level Class 100 like Colossus throw him in outerspace with success what he's gonna do?

Right allow me to answer, I time existed, lets call it pre crisis (because thats when it was) When all the things you mention and more could be done by Darkseid. Then the Crisis came and Darkseid was depowered, he has been depowered further and further over the last twenty years. The Scary thing is Crisis doesn't seem like 20 years ago to me confused but it isbig grin

K3VIL
whirly that's crap.
I mean I've always looked at DS like the Thanos of the D.C. Universe, the guy with a league of his own, but they have reduced him to a punching ball bi.t.c.h.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
whirly that's crap.
I mean I've always looked at DS like the Thanos of the D.C. Universe, the guy with a league of his own, but they have reduced him to a punching ball bi.t.c.h.
exactly in is day he was better than Thanos. Read Great Darkness he humble a lord of Chaos instantly. Mordru is shredded by himbig grin

olympian
"pre Crisis Suberboy was weaker than Mon el Mon el was a very slight bit higher than Superman, not much"

Yes Pre Crisis Superboy was slighty weaker than Mon-el. So was Superman. Nothing new here.

"The Great Darkness is generally considered the best, which is why its still in print. Unless like me your lucky enough to have the original issues and the trade."

Its a story like any other, doesnt interest me. If it does to you, kudos.

"I remeber Orion and the new gods generally as being much weaker in comparision Pre Crisis, with the exceptions of Highfather and
Darkseid. "

Now whos making things up? "much weaker?". Check all the fights between Orion and Darkseid. Youll find out Dark never won - all - of them. Orion was one of the strongest.

"Superboy pre crisis was created by the time trapper, he was a clone if you will, his powers were not as great as pre crisis Superman."

Nice but you only found that post crisis. He wasent a clone, he was someone that existed in two different timelines. Its like someone separating you in two different places. Its still you and not a clone. He was at least equal if not stronger.

Featwise they wer the same. Planet movers.
Did pre crisis Superman (not superboy) ever fought validus or another being that looked like a huge Hulk flaming Torch?

whirlysplat
Superboy - No he was the time trappers creation, part of the whole pocket universe he had created. Yes we only found out about that in the time trapper legion arc that fed into crisis.

Darkseid beat orion every time precrisis, to my knowledge, reference if you know more. I certainly never read it.

Supes performed some much more impressive precrisis feats read the pre crisis battle with Sathanus and Blaze where he was split into. He defeats high magic by phasing in and out of time. He also travels instantly, yes instantly around the earthbig grin

Keep the faith the trapper created the pocket dimension

Validus was created by Darkseid he was the time displaced son of lighting lad and Saturn girl (it all goes back to the great darkness saga). And yes Supes fouhgt far worse like Sathanus.

Keep the faith

read the comics you talk aboutbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
"Superboy - No he was the time trappers creation, part of the whole pocket universe he had created. Yes we only found out about that in the time trapper legion arc that fed into crisis"

Post the scan then. It says Time trapper picked a part of Supes in the timeline and created another. Thats not a Clone.

Your right. You should read the comics.

And in case you didnt knew, Superboy travels in time as well and its a planet pusher like Supes.

whirlysplat
"Superboy - No he was the time trappers creation, part of the whole pocket universe he had created. Yes we only found out about that in the time trapper legion arc that fed into crisis"

Post the scan then. It says Time trapper picked a part of Supes in the timeline and created another. Thats not a Clone.

Your right. You should read the comics.

And in case you didnt knew, Superboy travels in time as well and its a planet pusher like Supes.

Unlike you I did read the comicsbig grin

Its not a traditional method of cloning but the DNA would be identical to supes ergo a time clone big grin You also need to understand a clone is a identical duplicate this is what superboy would be. Your wrong againbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay in schoolbig grin

Don't fiddle big grin

Stay Whirly rock

Post a scan to say I'm wrong that his a "duplicate" of supes, genetic duplicate ergo = clone. Your wrong I'm right live with it, you have been throughout this thread. You didn't even know the comics name laughing out loud and anyone who has read that arc knows your wrong and you've posted it here for all to seebig grin

olympian
"Its not a traditional method of cloning but the DNA would be identical to supes ergo a time clone You also need to understand a clone is a identical duplicate this is what superboy would be. Your wrong again"

Then its not a clone. Its the same person who was deslocated in two different timelines. In the story where Supes went to the Supergirl Universe its stated TT Removed a fraction of Supes " real universe " and created other wich history went another way.

Thats not a clone. If you dont know what a clone is just say so.

"Post a scan to say I'm wrong that his a "duplicate" of supes, geneti duplicate ergo = clone. Your wrong I'm right live with it, you have been throughout this thread. You didn't even know the comics name "

You brought it up, you post. Im even going to say wich comic it says he isent a clone. Its during the saga where Superman goes to the Supergirl - timeline- where Superboy died. Its the second issue of that saga (1988) and its explained in the first five pages.

" You didn't even know the comics name "

Excuse me? What i didnt knew was if it was pre crisis or not. stick out tongue

whirlysplat
Time paradox its not the same personbig grin A little problem is it grew up in a completely different way and has a distinct different life. Therefore not the same person, same genetic information same source but not the same person, it was not a timeline its a pocket universe.

I have a degree in molecular biology genetics is my main postgraduate qualification. I can quote from Stryer if you want a genetically identical individual is a clone again your wrong. I'm right.

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

olympian
whyrly lets see if we get things straight. Its not a clone as - a - clone right? There was no genetic manipulation. He picked a fraction of one universe and created a pocket one basing on that. For me that means its the same person that was splitted in different timelines. Everyone from the actual Universe had two different timelines going for.

"A little problem is it grew up in a completely different way and has a distinct different life."

But thats what im saying. Its the same person with two different ends. Different cultures yes, different ways of living and history but it was still "Superman".

We will just have to agree to disagree here.

whirlysplat
Its a genetic duplicate, genetic manipulation is not needed they share the same DNA.

You admit they are the same? Genetically identical yet you say superboy is stronger confused

Yes it was still Superman but it was not Superman therefore it was a being created from part of the original that was genetically identical. Anyway thats cut its a clone. Anyway thats cut his powers are less than an adult superman. The pocket Universe/is not a fully fledged alternative universe, it is more like a bubble read a book Yahman and I were discussing called Hyperspace (its theoretical physics/it goes into this kind of pocket universe and the paradox that is superboy/ it even uses the time clone idea).

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

whirlysplat
whyrly lets see if we get things straight. Its not a clone as - a - clone right? There was no genetic manipulation. He picked a fraction of one universe and created a pocket one basing on that. For me that means its the same person that was splitted in different timelines. Everyone from the actual Universe had two different timelines going for.

"A little problem is it grew up in a completely different way and has a distinct different life."

But thats what im saying. Its the same person with two different ends. Different cultures yes, different ways of living and history but it was still "Superman".

We will just have to agree to disagree here.

Genetic Manipulation Bwahahaha

Plant cuttings are clones

There are several reasons that you may want to clone your plant, the most obvious being, that you don't have any seed. Cloning might be your only option in this case. Another reason that you might want to take cuttings is to control the Quality of the plant(s). Let me explain: Every seed, like every human being, is slightly different. Genetically, no two plants are the same, DNA works in plants much the same way as humans. So if you have a plant that is just what you want it to be you can take cuttings to "clone" your special plant. Over time you could make about a bazillion genetically identical clones if you wanted to.

http://www.simplyhydro.com/cuttings.htm

You haven't a cluebig grin

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
"You admit they are the same? Genetically identical yet you say superboy is stronger"

I always admit they are the same. It was you who said Superman was stronger and i said " no ".

"Yes it was still Superman but it was not Superman therefore it was a being created from part of the original that was genetically identical"

My point: It was still Superman. He wasent genetically manipulated per se but instead he was the same guy with the same backstory and emotions that got splited in one timeline taken from another.

"Genetic Manipulation Bwahahaha"

Why are you laugthing of what you said?

whirlysplat
"You admit they are the same? Genetically identical yet you say superboy is stronger"

I always admit they are the same. It was you who said Superman was stronger and i said " no ".

"Yes it was still Superman but it was not Superman therefore it was a being created from part of the original that was genetically identical"

My point: It was still Superman. He wasent genetically manipulated per se but instead he was the same guy with the same backstory and emotions that got splited in one timeline taken from another.

"Genetic Manipulation Bwahahaha"

Why are you laugthing of what you said?

No you said supes feets were less than Superboy, again you make stuff up laughing out loud Supes is the adult version of course his stronger laughing out loud

Why am I laughing because no genetic manipulation is needed for a clonebig grin If you alter the code it becomes an augment, a clone which has been genetically manipulatedbig grin

Clones are identical. Identical twins, budded plants/bacteria, etc. are all clones in these variation comes from mutationbig grin Genetic Manipulation Bwahahahahah, You said you knew what a clone was laughing out loud

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
"No you said supes feets were less than Superboy, again you make stuff up Supes is the adult version of course his stronger"

I said combat wise Superboy looked more impressive. And he does, Supes never fought validus and the like did he.

"Why am I laughing because no genetic manipulation is needed for a clone If you alter the code it becomes an augment, a clone which has been genetically manipulated"

First you said its not needed any genes and then you say its genetic manipulation. Make up your mind.

"Clones are identical. Identical twins, budded plants/bacteria, etc. are all clones in these variation comes from mutation"

All correct. Problem is its not what im arguing here.

whirlysplat
No this is

and your still wrongbig grin

In traditional cloning no memories for higher organisms, but a genetically identical time displaced duplicate would. Interestingly the time trapper gave him his back story as well that was all fabrication also.

A clone is a genetically identical duplicate, anyway you cut it Superboy Precrisis is that.

It can't be him lying there as he never died, its a cutting like a cutting from a plant (get your head round the concept). Therefore its a clone. A genetically identical duplicate. Its not Superman thoughbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Genetically identical = clone (as at the point it was cut by the timetrapper it became a different individual).

Keep the faithbig grin

Understand higher concepts like time paradox, displacement, duplication, any Star Trek episode with a transporter malfunction wink should help!!!!!

Stay Whirly

whirlysplat
Back to the Herc problems he was in a Coma for over a week it says in Avengers. It took Thor a whil to stop him being a Cowardbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
"Back to the Herc problems he was in a Coma for over a week it says in Avengers. It took Thor a whil to stop him being a Coward"

Wich is true. And the moment he stopped being afraid he punked the whole Wrecking Crew and theyr weapons.

Wich is better than being knocked out by a snake.

whirlysplat
He was a coward matebig grin

Remeber when the Griffen beat him up, or the Bee guy in Champions.

I mean the Griffen, Namor made him his steed for christsakes, what a wussybig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
Yeah and when Superman knew Doomday was back he was shaking like bamboo.

"I mean the Griffen, Namor made him his steed for christsakes, what a wussy"

And Herc fought Namor evenly wink

whirlysplat
But he didn't need anyone to convince him to fightbig grin Supes Just got on with itbig grin Thats the difference.

olympian
"But he didn't need anyone to convince him to fight Supes Just got on with it Thats the difference."

He was scared to death. Thats why in the end of issue one he wasent fast enough to pass the Boom portal. Why? He said he was frigthened to die again.

whirlysplat
He was Frightened and it slowed him but he got on with it and did the job, he didn't shake for ages running from fightsbig grin Like Hercbig grin

olympian
"He was Frightened and it slowed him but he got on with it and did the job, he didn't shake for ages running from fights Like Herc"

Nah he just shakes of Doomsday, Zod , Martin Manhaunter when he said he would be afraid to face him wink

"he didn't shake for ages running from fights Like Herc"

Time is on Hercs side, he takes time for whatever he wants devil

whirlysplat
I like Hercules but he gets a lot of kickings.

I have a question for you how did he de-evolve back to normal after the evolutionary war? Cause I'm damned if I know.

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

Wynndar
Incomplete writing

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Wynndar
Incomplete writing

Is that how Marvel did itbig grin

olympian
"I like Hercules but he gets a lot of kickings.

I have a question for you how did he de-evolve back to normal after the evolutionary war? Cause I'm damned if I know"

"alot of kickings" where? he was only Ko once all the years he was immortal. Mortal herc is another story. Hes not on a high level.

And how many heroes get kickings? All of them.

About the devolving, i have no idea. I never managed to get those issues. I saw in one board that the energy he had was used to give birth to a new celestial, but i cant confirm it.

whirlysplat
Anyway before people started saying Orion was a match for Supes, pre crisis, I was going to say Generally Herc shuld beat both the Hulk and Orion individually of course most of the time.big grin

olympian
Whyrly ( whats the origin of the name ) Orion was a match. That doesnt mean he was stronger than Supes. It means he could tang along with him back and forth.

About Herc, you actually hate the guy or what stick out tongue

whirlysplat

olympian
"Whirlysplat? Do you read Ben Elton?"

Nope. What is it about.

About the Superboy thing we reached an agreenment. Its was time manipulation that created two people resembling each other about everything in theyr universes.

"Orion precrisis was not a match"

Man he wasss, a guy who can go against Darkseid of that time can go against Superman. This case its just a matter of opinion i guess.

whirlysplat
Its a Ben Elton Joke about old public toilets on railway stations. I mean have you ever noticed you get turds as large as babies arms, pebbledashing etc, when you needed to use one. Well as you goi along the cubicle trying to fond a toilet to use you see all these things but the worst turd of all is Mr Whirlysplat big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

olympian
LoL big grin

And yeah i`ve noticed....

whirlysplat
LoL big grin

And yeah i`ve noticed....

smile

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.