Book Buying Spree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I never celebrated my 14th B-day in December in 2001. So I'm going to go on a book buying spree. Here's the books I want to get so far.

LOTR:

The Silmarillion
The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King

Star Wars:

The Essential Guide to Star Wars Droids
The Essential Guide to Star Wars Vehicles & Vessels
The Essential Guide to Star Wars Weapons & Technology
The Essential Guide to Star Wars Aliens
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Other:

The Giver
Left Behind #1-20

Anyone suggest any Star Wars books?

LanceWindu
Any NJO.

BTW I read the giver in middle school, I personally liked it.

Captain REX
Yes, my friend recommended it.

LanceWindu
It's a little on the wierd side though.

Julie
Definately invest your money in NJO.....or just get them from your local library wink

LanceWindu
That way you can save money!

Captain REX
Well, here's what I got. I didn't get all of the Left Behind books or LOTR. Here's what I got:

Spiderman
The Giver
Left Behind #1
Attack of the Clones: Episode II
The Silmarillion
The Essential Guide to Vehicles & Vessels
The Essential Guide to Droids
The Essential Guide to Weapons & Technology

It all cost $101.07. Mom's treat. big grin

LanceWindu
Too much money for me.

I've got a total of five bucks.

Edna Witch
No need for me to spend any money on SW books in a while. I have about 40 of them sitting on my bookcase at home and I have only read just over half. Just never have the time any more. And that isn't including the ones I got for my nineteenth birthday. Ooh how tempting it is to read ep 2 before the film! No must resist!

Mujaffa
EpII-book was great and the same was the cartoon

Edna Witch
I am sure it is a fantastic book as like all the others I have read but I really would rather not spoil my enjoyment of the film!

LanceWindu
I have 20-25 books and still have 14 to read, but I have read a lot of other books from the library. So there's not many books I haven't read.

Corran
Does anyone know if there is a fully conclusive upto date list of all the books available for EU and NJO?

yerssot
probably on TF.N

http://www.theforce.net/timetales/

?

LanceWindu
But you have to register there.

I'll go search for ya.

Corran
Found the full list of what I wanted in tfn, didn't need to register either.

Thanks. big grin

Julie
Wow Cap Rex, nice choices. The left Behind series is very good. When you get around to it though, get NJO! You won't regret it!!!!!

LanceWindu
It's a great series for the die hard fans!

Julie
Die hard or not they're great stories....period wink

LanceWindu
True.

It does get a little technical though.

Captain REX
I did want to buy Left Behind #1 through #20 and "The Art of" books for ESB, ROTJ, and AOTC. I have the ANH one.

I go down to my Borders bookstore ocassionally. Lots of good books, and lots of organized sections. Science-fiction, War, Mythology, Personality, Sexuality (who would want books about sex? The same books are always there), Kids', etc.

I go there to get away from my obnoxious brother and sister, both younger. I live on a street with NO KIDS MY AGE there, only my siblings friends. I have to ride my bike a few blocks to get to my friends! mad

Borders is quiet, so that's where I find refuge from the eternal shrieking of the midgets. laughing out loud

Julie
Poor Capt sad
Actually the Left Behind series doesn't have that many books yet....1-20 is the kids series...there are only about 9 adult novels

LanceWindu
I've never heard of the Left Behind series.

Bespin Bart
He's reading the kids version. But right now he's readin' Spiderman.

Julie
quickly: The Left Behind series are stories about the events told in Revelations

I haven't seen Spiderman yet but I plan to in the future......

LanceWindu
What is Revelations?

Julie
oops I think I spelled it wrong....Rev. is the last book of the Bible which predicts what will happen in the end times...it's really interesting stuff.....e-mail me if you have any other ques.

LanceWindu
Ok, I'll think about it.

Julie
smile are you still thinking.....you think a long time wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.