Movie Thing vs. Movie Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
the Thing from the Fantastic Four movie

vs.

the Hulk from the Movie

who will win this one... unfortunately i have not yet seen Fantastic Four on screen... so... is he nearly as strong than in the comics ?

K3VIL
I've not seen the movie too, in Italy it will be released on september -,-.
Anyway, movie Thing survived from falling from Doom's skyscraper into the roof of another building, then on the streets, he tossed against a bus a car, he traded blows with Doom showing his own pretty well.
At last he must be on Class 15/20 Tons, and his durability is considerable, survive to those falls and take Doom's blast and hits requires a high level of resistance to injuries, but movie Hulk, he tossed away a 70tons tank, and ripped apart the others, survived to missiles, grenades and so, he was running over 200 mph, outspeeding helycopters, and doding their missiles, leaping huge distances at high speeds, he's at last a low level Class 100.
Thing is going down.

Wynndar
yea Movie Hulk is also about 10 times movie Thing's size, he would fling him away like a rag doll.

CorderaMitchell
True...

olympian
Is the Fantastic Four movie good? It didnt come up here yet.

Wynndar
It was ok. there were some things about it that were good. But it was really mediocre IMO. They've already decided to do 2 more which is good news. They had to set up the story in the first one, the next ones should be a lot more impressive.

CorderaMitchell
I haven't seen it yet, but people say its okay, if you are a fan, you will no doubt be entertained by it....

grey fox
Two words . Crazy Paving

K3VIL
Only chance for Movie Thing is if Human Torch shows up with Spider-Man, the X-Men and they do massive teamwork.

armandovalles
I think they made the movie Thing WAY TOO WEAK. In the Fantastic Four movie he was probly only around the CL 30 range, while he should be a low level Class 100.

I also think they severly weakened the Hulk for the movie, but not as much as the Thing. In the Hulk movie he was probly only around the CL 80 range, while he should be a medium to high level Class 100.

So yea, Movie Thing would get the shit beat out of him by Movie Hulk.

Wynndar
well even in the comics, after his transformation, the Thing was originally only able to lift 5 tonnes

K3VIL
Originally posted by Wynndar
well even in the comics, after his transformation, the Thing was originally only able to lift 5 tonnes
Indeed, well done.
Originally posted by armandovalles
I think they made the movie Thing WAY TOO WEAK. In the Fantastic Four movie he was probly only around the CL 30 range, while he should be a low level Class 100.

I also think they severly weakened the Hulk for the movie, but not as much as the Thing. In the Hulk movie he was probly only around the CL 80 range, while he should be a medium to high level Class 100.

So yea, Movie Thing would get the shit beat out of him by Movie Hulk.
Thing isn't a low level Class 100.Stop with that bull.sh.it or post here a proof of the Thing lifting more than 85 tons.You have no proofs he's above 85 tons level.
Hulk in the movie was a low level Class 100, he throwed away the tank like nothing, and he wasn't even really mad.

Wynndar
Thing's strength level is ambiguous at best, there is no evidence that he is only able to lift 85 tons either.

snoopdogg
Well to me it appeared Doom was stronger than Thing.

Wynndar
yea me too

K3VIL
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thing's strength level is ambiguous at best, there is no evidence that he is only able to lift 85 tons either.
Neither of him being a low level Class 100 guy like Colossus or Abominations.Just cause he can punch off their feet stronger guys doesn't means he's on par with them or stronger than usual.
Spider-Man can throw away Hulk with ease or lift him and smash him in the ground without effort, but he's not on the same strenght level.
A demonstration is the fight of Spidey and Samson VS Prof Hulk reverted to Savage version from a gamma sentient virus, Spidey tries to trick Hulk, slowing him, throwing away him, he and Samson were going all out, but except for throwing him into some walls, they weren't able to do anything.

Sentry
That's from wikipedia, they usually have up to date info.

Wynndar
thats from the 1986 marvel handbook

Sentry
Oh well. Wonder Man's info is spot on, except the part where his speed is subsonic. Maybe his running speed is, but his flight speed is around Mach 33. He can achieve that speed with ease, so if he really pushed it, he could go a bit faster.

Wynndar
yea they havent had any recently published stuff on the Thing. regardless, the Thing's strength is always increasing...and its definitely increased since 1986.

snoopdogg
The 2005 FF handbook was released a week ago and it appears he hasnt changed much.

His strength and durabilty are a 6.

85 tons falls into that category.

Wynndar
yes but that could simply be a reference to the classic Thing, who has for the majority of his existence been in the 85 ton category. However, modern comics do depict him being stronger. And anyone who reads a lot of FF knows that no one knows how strong the Thing is, not even Reed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.