who cooler: Boromir or Faramir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterkit
I think Boromir is. Faramir kinda pissed me off with the whole Frodo, Sam Gollum thing.

ladygrim
i preferedv faramir

Dresta
in the books Faramir
In the films Boromir

Farimir was a ****** in the films he really pissed me off.

Great Vengeance
I prefer faramir, boromir was annoying.

TheFanboy
Sean Bean (Boromir) is one of my favorite actors, so it ain't a hard choice for me. smile

Lydia_J
I prefered Faramir even if he did get annoying in the second film

Lord_Andres
Id say Boromir kicks faramirs ass in the films, books I like them the same

maham
which 1 is which?

i m confused

did faramir die or was it boramir?

maham
i think i like faramir (if hez the 1 who his father hated)
poor guy i really do feel sorry fr him

Leggy_n_Merry
I like Faramir the best, although I also love Boromir. But Faramir is my favourite character overall anyway!

By the way nice sig Lydia big grin

Flying High
i liked faramir...it wa smaybe cause i felt sorry for him trying to make his dad proud when his dad obviously prefered his brother...and the fact that he tried to get his dad to love him the way he loved boromir...i think thats why i prefered him...

Smodden
In My opinion, Boromir has the most interesting character....making him cooler.
-Defending Osgiliath- Cool
-Member of the Fellowship of the Ring- Cool
-Protecting Merry and Pippen- Cool
-Trying to take the ring from the ringbearer- Not cool.

But I still think Boromir is the coolest...cool

Fëanor
i prefer the boromir in that animated LotR...

Smodden
Uh...confused

Fëanor
Originally posted by Smodden
Uh...confused eek! now THAT boromir is one scary mofo!!!

masterkit
Boramir is the one who died sad

Aduruth
Faramir, becuase his loyalty to his country, as boromir is, but he would risk everything for freedom. And he could resist the rings power longer than boromir couldve.

Son of Boromir
Give boromir a break anyone and everyone sooner or later is suduced by the powers of the ring his just happend to be sooner

Aduruth
Yes, but his being sooner, could've destroyed everything the fellowship worked for. In *MY* opinion faramir(the book one) would have been the better choice to go, and have borimir left behind to help defend minas tirith, becuase if there places were switched I highly doubt all those men who when to retake osgiliath wouldnt have fallen *IN* Osgiliath.

belbel300
Boromir was soooo much better

Mace Skywalker
its all about the game,and hot you play it

Bar-en-Danwedh
Boromir was an absolute legend.

After he dies EVERYONE the fellowship meets are all totally bummed about his death...

even when theoden is standing infront of his own sons grave he mentions Boramirs death as one of the thibngs that contribute to the 'dark days' in his sppech...

Fëanor
I think Boromir epitomises that one side of Aragorn. Where he is thoughtful and wary and uses his brains before acting...Boromir is quick to rush for glory and victory no matter the cost!!!

Jaro
Faramir by a lot.
Boromir:
-Captain of Gondor
-Died saving the Hobbits
-Went to the Council of Elrond
-Was weak willed and corrupted by the One Ring

Faramir:
-Ranger
-Captain of Gondor
-Made it with Eyown
-Said he would leave the One Ring on the road and never even touch it

Plus if Boromir and Faramir traded places (Faramir joined the Fellowship) he would have lived because he wouldn't have tried to take the One Ring from Frodo.

JediMasterLuke5
I like Boromir better. Boromir was one of the greatest men warriors in ME at his time.

Mánwé
i like faramir best as i feel sorry for him, and his story is ends better (and you cant beat his ambush) smilesmilesmile

muse5

Celestial
I dunno. They gave Faramir in the Two Towers in the movies a bigger role then in the books. Plus he seemed more bad@$$ when he learned they had the ring.

MistressofSnape
I like Faramir waayy better! Boromir was controlling and corrupted to easily.

~Bertilicious~
I think Faramir is the better character, but he wasn't done justice in the film. Boromir is the one that succumbs to the ring easily, but Faramir was the complete antithesis of his brother, being noble and valiant. However they spoilt this slightly in the film by showing him being tempted by the ring (an explanation why is given in the behind the scenes). Boromir was cool and a fantastic warrior, but Faramir was by far the superior to his brother, even if sadly not in his father's eyes.

masterkit
I prefered boromer but welcome to KMC

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by masterkit
I think Boromir is. Faramir kinda pissed me off with the whole Frodo, Sam Gollum thing.
Two fine men with the long reach of a sword and weary eyes for battle, yet...I must choose Boromir.

Talking_Owl
Boromir, easy.

stringz
i would say boromir any day of the week !!! FARAMIR IS A GIRL! if i was faramir i would slap denethor silly the biased *******! FARAMIR just started crying like a LOSER! plus boromir took three of lurtz' arrows and still kept on fighting!!!!!! boromir is a hero no doubt...

ESB - 1138
First of all unlike you (stringz) Faramir has respect for his father. If anything Boromir would be the girl for he started crying after attacking Frodo in Fellowship of the Ring. Boromir is a hero no doubt, if you consider a hero trying to take the One Ring from a hobbit (that is half you size). Faramir rode into thousands of orcs with just a few knights and charged bravely into battle showing more valor then his brother ever did not to mention he can resist the ring's power. He even said he would throw the ring down an spit on it.
Plus rangers are cooler then soldiers any day of the weak.

Vash Stampede
I would have to say it is faramir he my have did some thing that is not cool but he did let them go and he did his best to come out on top. it is not fare that is compared to his older brother wher faramir is so much cooler

RvB]Tucker
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
First of all unlike you (stringz) Faramir has respect for his father. If anything Boromir would be the girl for he started crying after attacking Frodo in Fellowship of the Ring. Boromir is a hero no doubt, if you consider a hero trying to take the One Ring from a hobbit (that is half you size). Faramir rode into thousands of orcs with just a few knights and charged bravely into battle showing more valor then his brother ever did not to mention he can resist the ring's power. He even said he would throw the ring down an spit on it.
Plus rangers are cooler then soldiers any day of the weak.

Sorry man, but in MY opinion that is BS. Bormoir would do ANYTHING his father asked, no matter how stupid or...ridiculous, and he wouldn't wine about it either. The only reason Bormir cried after he tried to take the ring is cuz he actually got a grip on himself and realized what he was about to do. you would cry like a baby if you went mad and tried to kill your mother or someone you really loved, than came back to our senses. Boromir was in the presence of the ring's influence for weeks-months. Faramir as in the presence for a mere days, at least. Faramir at least had some fellow rangers with him when he charged the "hordes" of orcs. Borimir didn't have ANYONE at all. just himself, he also fought Uru-Ki, which are ten times stronger than orcs, AND HE HAD THREE ARROWS IN HIS CHEST. (Lol, I'm not yelling, just putting emphasis, although their IS an italic button...) Finally, I prefer the brave soldier any day to the cowardly ranger that hides in trees all day, and is to afraid to get in his enemies face, so he uses a bow instead.

Darkman87
Boromir no question.

leifi98
Faramir is much cooler then Boromir.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by RvB]Tucker
Sorry man, but in MY opinion that is BS. Bormoir would do ANYTHING his father asked, no matter how stupid or...ridiculous, and he wouldn't wine about it either. The only reason Bormir cried after he tried to take the ring is cuz he actually got a grip on himself and realized what he was about to do. you would cry like a baby if you went mad and tried to kill your mother or someone you really loved, than came back to our senses. Boromir was in the presence of the ring's influence for weeks-months. Faramir as in the presence for a mere days, at least. Faramir at least had some fellow rangers with him when he charged the "hordes" of orcs. Borimir didn't have ANYONE at all. just himself, he also fought Uru-Ki, which are ten times stronger than orcs, AND HE HAD THREE ARROWS IN HIS CHEST. (Lol, I'm not yelling, just putting emphasis, although their IS an italic button...) Finally, I prefer the brave soldier any day to the cowardly ranger that hides in trees all day, and is to afraid to get in his enemies face, so he uses a bow instead. Woah shit. This guy laid it down.

ares834
He sure did. Now if only he would get laid... shifty

He also forgot the most important point of all. Boromir was played by Sean Bean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.