obi-wan most powerful jedi!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jar jar binks
dooku is more powerful than obi-wan , anakin killes dooku in 1 min. obi-wan is able to fight anakin for 10 min.!!! and even nearly kills him!! isnt that strange?!

Ast Rofan
no, not strange

dgeniu
Obi-Wan is certainly wise - that is his power. He`s like a fundemantal example of the Jedi. I tend to believe Anakin is more powerful - as in the amount of skill and pure power he has - but he is also arrogant and that is a great weakness which makes him easy to manipulate.

Ken Kenobi
...this proves nothing.

Obi-Wan knew Anakin's moves, he was best suited to fight him.

jar jar binks
anakin says he is the most powerful jedi and abused that he is not a master , but he cant bit obi-wan. in new hope obi let vader kill him, period.

Captain REX
And your point is?

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
...this proves nothing.

Obi-Wan knew Anakin's moves, he was best suited to fight him.

Ast Rofan
Okay, I need to track down this elusive version of Episode 3 where Obi-Wan kicks Anakin's ass.

I AM JEDI
ken is right he did know his moves didnt you see the part when they messed with their lightsabers all weird like then then they both tryed to force push... obi 1 taught anikan all he knew so there for they were matched but anikan was too blinded with his own power and at the end he made a stupid ass choice to... well attack obi 1 .. who had the high ground. that's why obi 1 could fight anikan for 10 minutes .. but I dont know why he lasted for like 1 minute with dooku

Captain REX
Obi-Wan did not know Dooku's skills and moves like he did Anakin's. After all, they only fought Dooku twice.

I AM JEDI
and this time anikan learned his lesson to take dooku with obi 1 and alone but it didnt really matter obiwan was down in like 1 minute.

Paul-Muad'Dib
C'mon people isnt there already enough threads about who is more powerful? I mean even if one is stronger than the other, that doesnt mean in their confrontation that the stronger will win, because there are several factors, we can see that every day in our lives in different competitions and stuff.

And no Anakin is not so much stronger that he could just wipe Obi out. I thought that is clear that GL wanted to show that with all main characters there isnt such a fluctuation in power so that one person could just wipe out the other, the only exception is Anakin Vs. Dooku in Episode III, which was imo lame, because Dooku lasted longer even with Yoda, who has a lot more experience in combat so i presume he would have the edge in a possible combat with Anakin.

Well so as Obi knew Anakin's moves so perhaps Anakin knew Obi-Wan's, so that isnt an argument really. And even if Obi tought Anakin he developed his own style, because he had to if he wanted to progress, and also in their training combat they couldnt use all their knowledge, and in real combat many more possibilities appear.

So what considers this topic about Dooku, Anakin and Obi-Wan i think is clear that all are very powerful indeed, Dooku has better knowledge of the force so againg i think its lame that he did not use any lightning in combat with Anakin (nor any other force power with which he obviously takes out Obi-Wan with ease), GL probably thought that scene where Anakin reflects any force power would make Yoda's scene smaller when he does it against Sidious.

Anakin obviously has far more skill with the lightsabre than Dooku thats why he lost so fast, what considers Obi-Wan and what gives him equality in the battle with Anakin is his control, his calmness, his promise to finish the task which is given to him. Well i dont even know why i am debating this over, because it seems that we will never make a conclusion about powers of main characters, simply because GL showed some confrontations very lame imo.

Ast Rofan
Dude, paragraphs are your friend.

Paul-Muad'Dib
Sorry m8, i just started writing and at the end i didn't realise that i wrote so much:P

((The_Anomaly))
*sigh* Yoda is the most powerful jedi.

its in this order

Yoda
Anakin
Windu
Obi

that pretty much sums it up.

Yoda says himself "to fight this lord sidious, strong enough you are not"

so thus Obi is not as strong as Yoda, making him not the strongest Jedi

I AM JEDI
yes you read my mind anomoly

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by I AM JEDI
yes you read my mind anomoly

Your mind anomaly? hahahaha I got it. I'm just kidding. I also agree with "The anomaly" wink

Fishy
First of all, Dooku changes forms in the fight so he wasn't really trying against Anakin.

If you listen to EU which I know you all hate, but this time its EU Lucas agreed with, you can see that Dooku was told by Sidious to not defeat Anakin. He got unlucky and got screwed over and lost but Dooku just became arrogant during his fight with Anakin.

Normally speaking Anakin would not stand a chance against somebody like Dooku

Captain REX
EU that Lucas agrees with? What? confused

Coruscant and Kashyyyk where EU that George agreed with... stick out tongue

Dooku never changed forms, not to my knowledge. He uses Form II. But guess what? That's EU anyway. stick out tongue

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Obi Wan isn't the most powerful Jedi but he is up there. He is highly skilled with the saber (he bested Darth Maul, General Grievous and Anakin) and wise in the ways of the force. His biggest downfall is his over-confidence in his ability, which is something he and Anakin have in common. I love his suprised expression in episode III when he exclaims "How did this happen? We're better than this". When he fights Dooku he thinks the outcome is a forgone conclusion, of course they will win. He even tells Palpatine that "Sith Lords are our specialty".

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Fishy
First of all, Dooku changes forms in the fight so he wasn't really trying against Anakin.

If you listen to EU which I know you all hate, but this time its EU Lucas agreed with, you can see that Dooku was told by Sidious to not defeat Anakin. He got unlucky and got screwed over and lost but Dooku just became arrogant during his fight with Anakin.

Normally speaking Anakin would not stand a chance against somebody like Dooku

see that dooku was what?

forms are EU, in the movie Anakin was simply better then Dooku was.

thats it.

Darth Nhilus
You guys Anakin made a fatal mistaske jumping to that cliff. He couldv'e easily slain obi wan.

I AM JEDI
but we will never know... later on he could have made another or the fight could have gone on until sid got there and then bye bye obi wan

jar jar binks
obi 1 confronted droids alone, (remember he was serounded by at least 100 droids!), obi wan killed Grievous, terminated darth Moul. and yes... he was trained by qui gon who found the secret to immortality . these are indeed THE killer arguments. no one can say otherwise. i rate them:1)Obi-Wan Kenobi; 2) Anakin ; 3)Mace Windu; 4)Palpatine; 5)Yoda ,etc.

jar jar binks
obi 1 could whip palps ass coz if he can confront 100 droids he can also confront 1 palpatine ( no matter how powerful he(palp) is he is still weaker than 100 battle droids with a dozen destroyers!

((The_Anomaly))
^^ your a fool

"to fight this lord sidious, strong enough you are not" - Yoda to Obi-Wan in Eps. III

enough said? i think so.

jar jar binks
you just overestimate yodas powers! he is just an old lamer. and he is always freaking : " i hope right you are". Break me a ****ing give.

DeVi| D0do
"I hope right you are"

He said that once... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ast Rofan
And where does Dooku (cant believe I am going to say this) pwning Obi twice come into play?

jar jar binks
maybe 6th, i guess.. but , anyway, if dooku is so powerful, why he lastes only for one min . with anakin?(and obi 1 for 10 min).where is logic?

Paul-Muad'Dib
Because GL showed this duel lame, i mean c'mon Dooku didn't even try to use some force power on Anakin, what the heck is that supposed to mean? Wasn't that his strongest power, especially being on the darkside.
Its because we can presume that Anakin in that time still wouldn't be so strong, so he couldn't reflect Dooku's force power yet.

And no there isn't any logic in that, its just a movie, if you would wanted SW to have perfect plots and no lame scenes it would have take GL 100 years to do that. And please why can't you made some objective debate?

SithHappens
Obi is very powerful but not the most.

Will-one Kenobi
What is it with you people and the EU , cant you just except that dooku didnt try to beat Anakin because sidious told him not to, then sidious betrayed dooku end of story

Moff jango
Dooku's better than Obi wan

((The_Anomaly))
because EU is not canon...

thats whats with it...

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Moff jango
Dooku's better than Obi wan

Agreed.

chris-tofer
Well.. in episode 4, Obi-wan is defeated by Darth Vader which is Anakin, because he got more powerful, like at the end of episode 3.. he broke everything in the place from all of his anger.. also, in #2 when he first fought Dooku, Anakin wasn't finished his training.. and in 3 when Anakin fought Dooku.. Obi-wan was stuck under a bridge type thing, which stoped him from fighting further. But you are right about Obi-wan knowing Anakins moves, and also him being blinded about thinking he is the best. The most powerful Jedi, is Yoda, in those episodes, he is most strong with the force, but everyone has their own opinions.

Darth Zenemij
Dooku was a very good sword fighter, and Obi wan is very wise and strong in the force, but not the strongest ever, it would have to be Yoda, with the fact that he has invested the majority (800) of his life into Jedi teachings, ways and blah blah blah. I mean for crying out loud, Obi wan taught anakin, almost everything anakin knows obi wan knows, if anakin wasn't blinded from power and what not, then we would have killed Obi wan and all that crap.

Captain REX
If that's a scale of one to five, you're pretty close. stick out tongue

I AM JEDI
tisk tisk jar jar not only are u wrong your makeing fun of yoda... u need to take a time out and think about what u have said..

Captain REX
Right, because I AM JEDI has that authority and will not at all tick of Jar Jar by putting him in an unauthorized time-out... stick out tongue

commander gree
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
*sigh* Yoda is the most powerful jedi.

its in this order

Yoda
Anakin
Windu
Obi

no this order yoda mace
plo koon/kit fisto

and i dont know the rest

Tulak Hord
Originally posted by Darth Zenemij
it would have to be Yoda, with the fact that he has invested the majority (800) of his life into Jedi teachings.

Yeah, but don'tcha know, only 30 some years from TPM to ROTJ isn't EU roll eyes (sarcastic) So the other 770 years don't count to some people. wink

chris-tofer
1. Yoda(900 years old upon death), 2. Darth Bane(died of old age), 3. Yender Platis(6 armed jedi) 4. Kaja Sinis(first jedi) 5. Bontu Sitmus(yoda's master)

chris-tofer
And if it's just a top five Jedi list, then Kyle Katarn would take Darth Bane's place.

Bicnarok

systemshock2
I don't know about him being the most powerful. A lot of other are more correct when they said yoda and/or anakin, but then again I would easily pick obi-wan as backup anyday due to his extraordinary resourcefulness and skills.

The Biker Scout
oh man...

chris-tofer
Well Yoda is 900 years old, think of the battles he's been in, and survived cause he lived for 900 years, untill episode 6. And I don't remember how he died, but your right about him hiding. But he is an old man. And Darth Bane or Yender Platis would kick his ass, because they are ancient. And the acient ways of the force were better then the new. But Yoda is the most knowledged of the force, out of all the people in the jedi council, and he could defeat Obi-Wan easy. Maybe he just doesn't like fighting, or he doesn't want to get in the way of fate. Like when they thought Anakin was the chosen one, when it is really Luke Skywalker, and Yoda started saying maybe they read it wrong and stuff.

Captain REX
Gree, Plo Koon and Kit Fisto are not on par with Mace Windu or Yoda, not even with Obi-Wan, it seems. I agree with 'Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan' and nothing else. Anakin may have lopped off Mace's arm, but Mace is still second-in-command of the Jedi Order, if you actually pay attention.

Midi-chlorian. Not meta-chlorian. Midi. Not meta. Midi.

Chris, that list of people is irrelevant, since only one of them is actually in the movie. And Luke's not the Chosen One, his father is.

chris-tofer
Luke is the chosen one because he defeated the Sith, Anakin did not. Like Yoda said maybe they read the legends wrong. And it doesnt matter if they weren't in the movie. They would kick everyones ass who is in the movie. Plus they're in video games. And the history of Star Wars.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Yeah, but don'tcha know, only 30 some years from TPM to ROTJ isn't EU roll eyes (sarcastic) So the other 770 years don't count to some people. wink

actually this isnt true (although i found this comment extremly funny)

even though we dont see Yoda's traning for those 770 years, it is still in the movies that he "for 800 years have I trained Jedi..."

so its still Canon, even if we dont know specifics.

Tulak Hord
Darnit, the one time I make a sly comment, and you disagree with me STILL! lol.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by chris-tofer
Luke is the chosen one because he defeated the Sith, Anakin did not. Like Yoda said maybe they read the legends wrong. And it doesnt matter if they weren't in the movie. They would kick everyones ass who is in the movie. Plus they're in video games. And the history of Star Wars.

EU...?

and Luke did nothing to defeat the Sith, Vader gave his life to kill palpaine. therfore killing himself (a sith) and palpatine (a sith) and since there are only 2 sith. Anakin destroyed the Sith. Luke was just sorta the person who got the ball rollin. in actual fact luke did nothing other then watch Anakin fulfill his destiny.

Pirate476
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4487434#post4487434

how cruel

Captain REX
The numbers are wrong, by the way; Yoda was 900 as of ROTJ. stick out tongue

And The Anomaly is right; Luke just got things started, and defeated Vader only, though slicing off his hand does absolutely nothing because said hand is fake... stick out tongue

Captain REX
And Vader/Pirate? Don't post links to threads that have nothing to do with the relevant conversation.

mace wendu4
mace wendu might be alive but i highly doubt it.

mace wendu4
the anomly, well wouldnt you do the same thing if someone was beating the shit out of your son

mace wendu4
Anakin was truly the chosen one, when he killed dark sidius in episode 6.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
EU...?

and Luke did nothing to defeat the Sith, Vader gave his life to kill palpaine. therfore killing himself (a sith) and palpatine (a sith) and since there are only 2 sith. Anakin destroyed the Sith. Luke was just sorta the person who got the ball rollin. in actual fact luke did nothing other then watch Anakin fulfill his destiny.

Agreed, Luke never did anything!!! How the hell could he be the chosen one?

mace wendu4
captin rex ill make your hand fake if you dont shut the **** up

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by mace wendu4

Easy Muce Window, pick your enemies a little better.

Tulak Hord
Well, now, look at it this way. Luke was the one chosen to be a whiney little ***** instead of stay on the harvest another year with his aunt and uncle. If he wasn't screaming "Daddy daddy the bad lightning hurts", vader wouldn't have killed Sids. But nooo, Luke had to whine about the academy, and the new droids. And he just HAD to find the message. And the woman whom he frenched who turned out to be his sister.

I'm done.

I really don't like Luke skywalker.

jar jar binks
i suggestembarrasmentbi 1 , qui gon(coz he found the secret to immortality), yoda ( coz he is wise ) mace windu(greatest fighter) palp is not really strong . remember he lost to macesmile

chris-tofer
Well.. he convinced Vader that there was some good in him.. if he didn't do that.. then Vader would of never killed Sidious.

chris-tofer
Also, Luke could of defeated Vader if Sidious didn't do force lightning. He did it to Luke longer then he did it to Vader, and yet Vader died from it when he is wearing a armored suit. And you obviously know that his hand being cut off wouldn't of killed him, because it isn't a real limb.

Tulak Hord
Vader was holding out on Luke so he wouldn't kill The Emperor's prized catch. Vader could slice up Luke like sushi.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by jar jar binks
i suggestembarrasmentbi 1 , qui gon(coz he found the secret to immortality), yoda ( coz he is wise ) mace windu(greatest fighter) palp is not really strong . remember he lost to macesmile

he lost to mace purposly.

Captain REX
Originally posted by mace wendu4

Mace Wendu4, you might want to take some lessons in grammar and rethink that statement; threatening me is not exactly wise, seeing as I am a moderator.

Hell, was that even directed at me? Who's Captin Rex?

Captain REX
Chris-tofer: He may have gotten Vader to go back to the Light Side, but Luke did not kill his father or the Emperor. Vader killed the Emperor, and in the process got himself killed. Anakin was the Chosen One, George Lucas said it himself. You can disagree with me, but you can't disagree with the creator of Star Wars. no

Jar Jar Binks: Mace won because Palpatine let him. Go find a thread that discusses that and talk it up, but not in a thread about Obi-Wan. Also, 'Yoda, Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan' is just fine and dandy. Yoda was the top of the Order, Mace right behind him, Anakin was powerful but reckless, and Obi-Wan was simply less powerful than them, but one of the most powerful Jedi there were. Qui-Gon would probably go in front of Yoda, however. Palps wouldn't be on the list, since we're talkin' Jedi.

Tulak: Vader might have held out on Luke a bit, but I'm pretty sure Luke beat him fair and square. Anakin didn't pull a Palps in that fight, he was just crippled.

Tulak Hord
True, but his sheer strength could knock luke over like it did in ESB. And he could just pummel down on luke until luke's arms hurt, and luke would be weakend. Hmm.....Vader as a baseball player...I wanna see him in the suit wearing the cubbies outfits.

Captain REX
Hah...

Vader was incredibly strong, mostly due to cybernetic enhancements and the mechanical limbs. yes

jar jar binks
mace could have killed palp, or didnt you see the shot? mace blocked all the lightning from palp. and he was not faking . i suggest you rewatch the shot.

mace wendu4
mace could take palp. I doubt palp would let mace deflect his blast and get disfigured by his own attack just to show how the jedi were against him. besides anakin didn't give a crap about how palp got his ass whooped, he just didnt want him to die so he could find out how to stop death.

mace wendu4
Mace Windu is the strongest (muscle and saber fighting skill wise)
Yoda is the most powerful with the force (and he can jump around like a cool monkey)

Palp is stronger with the force than mace but less than yoda. mace is a better fighter than palp. case closed.

Tulak Hord
Prove it to me. Back up your statements.

Darth Calladus
Originally posted by chris-tofer
Luke is the chosen one because he defeated the Sith, Anakin did not. Like Yoda said maybe they read the legends wrong. And it doesnt matter if they weren't in the movie. They would kick everyones ass who is in the movie. Plus they're in video games. And the history of Star Wars. omg did he really just say that lmao eek! laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

Darth Calladus
ok well if were gonna talk about palp lettin mace win, im gonna thorugh this truth out there too DOOKU LET ANAKIN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
palpatine told him to lose on purpose.

mace wendu4
As for mace being the strongest, in episode 2 somebody says something like " he's as wise as yoda and as strong as mace windu" that shows that mace is stronger or else they'd just say he's as wise and strong as yoda. and as for yoda being the most powerful with the force, its obvious that nobody ever beat him force wise, he deflected sidious's blast right in front of him and he got shot back because of recoil and he's lightweight.

Tulak Hord
Anakin said Obi is as powerful as master windu. That ain't sayin' shit.

matreid
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Anakin said Obi is as powerful as master windu. That ain't sayin' shit.

yes

wannabe
Why is everyone thinking, that Anakin fullfilled the prophecy by killing Palpatine???
It is said, that he would bring balance to the force...and so he did in episode3...just not like the Jedi thought! At the end there were two Sith and two Jedi left...perfect balance i'd say.
Oh...and Obi is the greatest, eventhough he is not the most powerful. Being the most powerful is no guarantee to win a confrontation and winning a fight against someone more powerful is not illogic. you can win a brawl against a physically stronger adversary by being faster, more determined, more skilled, more experienced, being more "en forme" etc.. Please stop looking at the fights between the characters as if they had powernumbers glowing over theire heads that determine the outcome: Dooku-5 v. Obi-3 = Dooku has to win each time etc., thats bulls**t and does only work on a cheat of paper, not in a movie and not even in real life!

Captain REX
Wannabe, Anakin fulfilled the prophecy by killing Palpatine and then dying himself.

The existance of the Sith and the Dark Side leads to imbalance. Eradicating them leads to balance. George Lucas said so himself.

And I'm not even going to bother with the 'Mace beat Sidious!' stuff in this thread, go find one of the threads regarding it, and don't bring it up. Keep on topic.

Lord Mader
Obi wan is not stronger than anakin obi defeated him because he had the high grounds. But Obi-Wan is more wiser and knows more about the force. He is a good jedi and the best mentor.

Aduruth
False, I'd have toi disagree, Obi-Wan was more powerful, wiser, quicker etc, than Anakin, but not more powerful than Vader. wink

I'd say Obi-Wan is in the top 5 in swordsmenship,
top 3 in force using
top 3 in quickness(including strategy)
and top 2 for wiseness, becuase i think it was said yoda was the most was jedi, so i cant say he's the wisest.

But overall I'd rank him 1-3 as best *jedi* and top 10 as the best jedi/sith, compared with all others. smile

Captain REX
You're joking, right?

Anakin was certainly more powerful than him; if the Jedi believed in luck, Obi-Wan would have a luck streak ten thousand miles long.

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Aduruth
False, I'd have toi disagree, Obi-Wan was more powerful, wiser, quicker etc, than Anakin, but not more powerful than Vader. wink

???????

Do you mean Vader as in mech Vader?

If so, you are saying OW is better than Anakin in his prime, but weaker than iron lunged cripple. confused

Captain REX
...which is completely ridiculous and makes no sense, I might add. big grin

Ast Rofan
Yes, that too. big grin

tlbauerle
Yes...that three...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.