Long distance relationships?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gisele
you see I m moving 45 mins away from where I live now..which here is where my boyfriend lives! I m only 14 and hes 15 but we want to stay 2gether! I told ma mom I was gonna run away and live here on ma own..but I didn't! But he wants to have a long distance relatophship like I do 2...my mom says I can speak to him on the phone and instant message him and maybe see him on da weekends! Ever had a long distance relationship?

Fionnuala
Ermm..that's not really very far away..you can still stay together..at least you can meet at weekends and stuff..

§P0oONY
Long distance is generally like someone living in a different country... e.g Cross Atlantic.

SlipknoT
**** your mom, move to his house.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by SlipknoT

I don't think incest will help...

SlipknoT
And I'd hardley Consider 45 minutes a Long Distance relationship, Thats like One lives in New York and the other Britan

Fionnuala
I live an hour and a half away from most of my friends....I'm in so many long distance relationships then crytissue

DarkCanadian
Originally posted by SlipknoT
General advice from a pothead.

Gisele
so you guys think 45 mins is 2 far?

s|m

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Gisele

I think you have completely miss read what everyone has posted.. 45 mins is not far at all in comparrison

Fionnuala
so you guys think 45 mins is 2 far? Not in the least bit...try England and America..that is long distance..

Anna85
you see I m moving 45 mins away from where I live now..which here is where my boyfriend lives! I m only 14 and hes 15 but we want to stay 2gether! I told ma mom I was gonna run away and live here on ma own..but I didn't! But he wants to have a long distance relatophship like I do 2...my mom says I can speak to him on the phone and instant message him and maybe see him on da weekends! Ever had a long distance relationship?
yes no expression

Gisele
true..man I m so in love with him! Hes ma first 2! and yes...hes a guy I ve meet in real life..hes not an online reltioship

JacopeX

Good question! NO!

Ken Kenobi

Come back and say that once you've had a relationship with somone on the other side of the globe.

I had a long distance relationship with a woman in New Zealand, the exact other side of the world. Hell, if she lived any farther away she'd be closer. laughing out loud

muserke
Jump on your bike and visit him after school if you don't have any homework.

Edit: I typed visTIT! stick out tongue

Neo_Version 7
45 minutes is definitely NOT far.

I take bus rides to school everyday that last an hour and a half, for god's sake!

JacopeX
I could walk to a place thats 3 hours away without breaking a sweat!

Anna85
nope ...

GuitarBunny

Wickerman

laughing My feckin college is further than that laughing

I dunno....i suppose you COULD say so...if you consider the occasional "her coming over from Britain fo' some nookie" a relationship....then yeah erm

~wickerman~

shellie
you see I m moving 45 mins away from where I live now..which here is where my boyfriend lives! I m only 14 and hes 15 but we want to stay 2gether! I told ma mom I was gonna run away and live here on ma own..but I didn't! But he wants to have a long distance relatophship like I do 2...my mom says I can speak to him on the phone and instant message him and maybe see him on da weekends! Ever had a long distance relationship? I wished my love was only 45 minutes away....instead of the 12-15 hours away...by plane...on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean...erm

it can work if its meant to be love

PrinceofBlades

Yes, and with a heavy heart, they never work. Enjoy it while it lasts...

SlipknoT
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
General advice from a pothead. laughing

PrinceofBlades

45 minutes isn't far. Days, no there's long distance...

silver_tears
I think he should impregnate you, and then you'll be set for life thumb up

Mist

why does your profile say your born in 1989? thatd make you 16...What the f**k?

Acherontia
Oh yes, "don't worry I love you"

Two weeks latter its the football team for her.

or

Cheerleader squad for him.

WickedTexasMomA
They never last plus your still young, there many fish in the ocean.XD

Acherontia
.....Gems in the sand

Acherontia
Sounds better then Fish in the sea, Sounds like

"Yes, I am hungrey, so i fish, and oucne I have eaten this fish, i shall fish again, for soon I shall be hungrey ounce again."

Mist
What the f**k?

Storm

Imaginary
I live a whole sea away from the person I like.

WickedTexasMomA
Originally posted by Acherontia
Sounds better then Fish in the sea, Sounds like

"Yes, I am hungry, so i fish, and oucne I have eaten this fish, i shall fish again, for soon I shall be hungry ounce again." """Yes, I am hungry, so i fish, and once I have eaten this fish, i shall fish again, for soon I shall be hungry once again."""

Spell Check mad

Oiram62205
yes I have. My ex lived 40 mins away if the traffic wasn't too bad. I would spend the weekends at her place. Things were good, but eventually they turned sour. I think in a relationship you need to be able to see and touch each other. Imagining and pretending gets old pretty fast. All I can say is give it a try and see how commited you guys stay. If things are cool than good for ya, but if things arent what you expected then you know what to do. Its important to be realistic and be upfront about what you want from the relationship.

Fëanor
hysterical *wipes tears* oh man that's classic

i think i'll use that for my next script

Originally posted by silver_tears
I think he should impregnate you, and then you'll be set for life thumb up

listen to sil.....she speaks truly no expression

frodo34x
45 minutes isn't far. How far classes as long distance partly depends if you can drive or not, and other factors. But if you can get there in 45 minutes, that isn't exactly far.

Gisele
well...our realtioship ended...a month ago.lol

Lord. Zidane
It sucks when you live far away from the person you like... sad

Gisele
I know..but i went away for 2 weeks and than he just lost feelins for me..he just asked my bff out..

Lord. Zidane
Geez that sucks...

DanieLs_4_Ever
Ever had a long distance relationship?
No no expression
Will I Ever? No no expression
Daniel and I are 20 minutes away, that's as far as distance will get between us..my parents are planted here in this house until the day they die and Im not going anywhere till I graduate and get a job and shit so im here to stay for a while as well. And the only reason Daniel would move is if his parents got divorced (long stories..) and all that. So yeah...we're stuck together forever...pretty soon we'll be livin together when I graduate next year. w00t w00t.
editbig grinont get mad at me for saying this, but I think ld relationships arent worth it because A. There's no physical contact, but I know you said you may get to see each other on the weekends..If you're me..that isnt enough. We see each other at school everyday and that isnt even enough..let alone 1-2 days on the weekend. Plus B. Where the hell is the sex and playing around, man? Lol...and C. Where's he gonna be when you get lonely or have a bad day and you need someone to hold you and tell you everything's alright?

Lord. Zidane
Cool, seems some have all the luck.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Lord. Zidane
Cool, seems some have all the luck.
Im the most unlucky person in the world when it comes to a lot of things.

Lord. Zidane
But your lucky with love.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Lord. Zidane
But your lucky with love.
I realise everyone has their levels of luck but Love is one of those that cant go too low on the scale. Of course there are 'the wrong types of people for you', but there's someone for everyone..you just have to find them yes

Lana
45 minutes long-distance? HAH!

Sucks he broke up with you, though.

Lord. Zidane
Indeed...

Imaginary
Originally posted by Lana
45 minutes long-distance? HAH!

Sucks he broke up with you, though.

Yeah, Lana with an "ocean-between-us" relationship stick out tongue

Lana
Hush stick out tongue

I will admit that it rather irritates me when people go "oh we're an hour apart that's so far!" because they have noooooooo idea.

cry

Imaginary
Hush stick out tongue

I will admit that it rather irritates me when people go "oh we're an hour apart that's so far!" because they have noooooooo idea.

cry

Aww hug Well you're going over for Christmas, right?

Lana
That's the plan!

dark_angelz
nope.But I have a friend in L.A n Im in Malaysia

AOR
why is this thread still up?

Lord. Zidane
Who knows lol

Acherontia
(...) I told ma mom I was gonna run away and live here on ma own..but I didn't! (...)

Okay, I have a solution for you.

Take a 2 inch think, 4 inch wide, and 4 feet long (also known as a 2x4)

Now, have somebody wake your head with it.

Alpha Centauri
If the two people are truly willing to dedicate themselves to making it work over however long it takes, any relationship can work. Regardless of distance.

Proof? You see people meeting each other over the net and getting married for life. The only time long distance relationships fail is if one half meets someone else, gives up or you both decide it's not working. Much like a short distance relationship.

The only obstacle is trust. If you can trust your partner to be faithful (again, as with any relationship), it can work.

Physical contact or lack thereof, sucks. No getting around that or lying about it, it sucks. Sometimes having it here and there when you DO meet, makes it worse. But it also makes you feel f*cking determined. I know, I've been there.

45 minutes to me is a ride to Blockbuster video. No offence, but your relationship is paper if it takes that much of a distance to make things hard.

-AC

Coldfire

crazy_shadow
i had a relation ship from here in texas to tennessee....and another in california, but the one in cali died in like 3 weeks...one in tennessee was lost like 2 months ago which lasted a year and 2 months cry bi*ch cheated on me at the last month...her friend was keeping an eye out to c if she was gonna ever do it...then the f*ckin last month....

Kumar
yeah, from my experience long distance relationships don't work. at least for me. My girlfriend went on vacation for a month and came back and broke up with me. turns out she had a boyfriend over there and didn't want to hide it anymore. you said he was your first real boyfriend so that would explain why you think you "Love him so much". its always like that the first time. I thought i loved my first girlfriend but look what happened to me.....

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Kumar
yeah, from my experience long distance relationships don't work. at least for me. My girlfriend went on vacation for a month and came back and broke up with me. turns out she had a boyfriend over there and didn't want to hide it anymore. you said he was your first real boyfriend so that would explain why you think you "Love him so much". its always like that the first time. I thought i loved my first girlfriend but look what happened to me..... yeah i thought the same thing but like 4 girlfriends later (lol) i found out it was just me likin her....but my ex the yr and 2 months...i loved her sad

Coldfire
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If the two people are truly willing to dedicate themselves to making it work over however long it takes, any relationship can work. Regardless of distance.

Proof? You see people meeting each other over the net and getting married for life. The only time long distance relationships fail is if one half meets someone else, gives up or you both decide it's not working. Much like a short distance relationship.

The only obstacle is trust. If you can trust your partner to be faithful (again, as with any relationship), it can work.

Physical contact or lack thereof, sucks. No getting around that or lying about it, it sucks. Sometimes having it here and there when you DO meet, makes it worse. But it also makes you feel f*cking determined. I know, I've been there.

45 minutes to me is a ride to Blockbuster video. No offence, but your relationship is paper if it takes that much of a distance to make things hard.

-AC
I agree totally yes

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
yeah i thought the same thing but like 4 girlfriends later (lol) i found out it was just me likin her....but my ex the yr and 2 months...i loved her sad
I know ya did hun hug

Spelljammer
Jesus, you call a 50 minute drive a long-distance relationship? My aunt Dee and mom are bestest friends over a distance like that!

Here's a tip, get over it.. And if states or something apart then come here and whine. Untill then shutup and be thankful you have somebody who cares about you. I swear, kids these days..

Coldfire
Originally posted by Spelljammer
Jesus, you call a 50 minute drive a long-distance relationship? My aunt Dee and mom are bestest friends over a distance like that!

Here's a tip, get over it.. And if states or something apart then come here and whine. Untill then shutup and be thankful you have somebody who cares about you. I swear, kids these days..
lol stick out tongue

Yeah 45 minutes is like no distance at all... I'm on the bus for that long in the morning messed

Spelljammer
On a bus no less! Where the people stink and the driver takes a drink!

Heheheh sucker..

Coldfire
On a bus no less! Where the people stink and the driver takes a drink!

Heheheh sucker..
haha well it's a school bus so it's not quite that bad stick out tongue Just has a bunch of whiny little kids on it instead roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Coldfire
Just has a bunch of whiny little kids on it instead roll eyes (sarcastic)
Stop being so down on yourself..

Coldfire
Stop being so down on yourself..
I hope you don't mean what I think you mean..... or you might find yourself in trouble.... erm

crazy_shadow
I agree totally yes

I know ya did hun hug of course u knew but who else wuld no expression

Coldfire
of course u knew but who else wuld no expression
I dunno whoever you decided to tell stick out tongue

crazy_shadow
I dunno whoever you decided to tell stick out tongue shock you're right who else does know fear

Coldfire
shock you're right who else does know fear
well how many ppl did you tell?? lol

crazy_shadow
well how many ppl did you tell?? lol TOO MANY fearfearfearfearfear

Coldfire
TOO MANY fearfearfearfearfear
stick out tongue well what's wrong with that??

crazy_shadow
stick out tongue well what's wrong with that?? nothin its great big grin imma tell the world hold on....*gets a microphone for everyone in the world to hear*

IM SINGLE!!!! HAHA IM RICK JAMES BI*CH....wait......IM WILLIAM BI*CH

Coldfire
nothin its great big grin imma tell the world hold on....*gets a microphone for everyone in the world to hear*

IM SINGLE!!!! HAHA IM RICK JAMES BI*CH....wait......IM WILLIAM BI*CH
hysterical

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
No no expression
Will I Ever? No no expression
Daniel and I are 20 minutes away, that's as far as distance will get between us..my parents are planted here in this house until the day they die and Im not going anywhere till I graduate and get a job and shit so im here to stay for a while as well. And the only reason Daniel would move is if his parents got divorced (long stories..) and all that. So yeah...we're stuck together forever...pretty soon we'll be livin together when I graduate next year. w00t w00t.
editbig grinont get mad at me for saying this, but I think ld relationships arent worth it because A. There's no physical contact, but I know you said you may get to see each other on the weekends..If you're me..that isnt enough. We see each other at school everyday and that isnt even enough..let alone 1-2 days on the weekend. Plus B. Where the hell is the sex and playing around, man? Lol...and C. Where's he gonna be when you get lonely or have a bad day and you need someone to hold you and tell you everything's alright?
Wow, I remember back in those days when he and I were together. smilesmilesmile

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm kind of in a L-D relationship, myself right now. His name is Dale and we have millions of things in common, including the fact that we're romantic. love We've planned a lot of stuff together and he will be coming down here before the year is over, though it pretty much just began so that leaves a while for him to get down here. sad I have never seen him before in person but I have talked to him over the phone and he has the sweetest voice ever. To be quite honest he's the only thing holding me together right now because all of the guys down here seem to be pricks and seem to get a kick out of hurting girls and Dale admits that he wants to go on a killing spree on these guys that have hurt me. We're still in the process of planning his visit and it is very very frustrating. Someday I plan on moving down there, though I'm not very high on the thought of leaving home, and spending my life with him. We've planned a lot of that already smile. He has a fantastic job and seems to have the same kind of friends and interests/hobbies/aspirations as I do, so we are pretty good to go! I can't wait for him to meet all of my friends and hopefully my family won't be annoying over it either.

Morning_Glory
blink good luck with that

soin2cal
It must be so hard! I once had a long distance relationship, but it never worked out because we never even saw each other at least once in a while. Probably because he lived in Gloucestershire which is kinda far away.
So unless i meet the person i dont do them anymore LOL!

speiderman
I don't do long distance either. they take too much work.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Well he's insistant (I can't think of the actual word to use) that we are going to work out and I believe him but it's pretty stressful for me to have to wait such a long time to see him. I'll be going down to Alabama which borders Florida, where he lives, and if he didn't live in the southern part of Florida I'd ask him to come visit me while I'm on vacation but alas, I can't.....so close yet so far and that pisses me off!

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm kind of in a L-D relationship, myself right now. His name is Dale and we have millions of things in common, including the fact that we're romantic. love We've planned a lot of stuff together and he will be coming down here before the year is over, though it pretty much just began so that leaves a while for him to get down here. sad I have never seen him before in person but I have talked to him over the phone and he has the sweetest voice ever. To be quite honest he's the only thing holding me together right now because all of the guys down here seem to be pricks and seem to get a kick out of hurting girls and Dale admits that he wants to go on a killing spree on these guys that have hurt me. We're still in the process of planning his visit and it is very very frustrating. Someday I plan on moving down there, though I'm not very high on the thought of leaving home, and spending my life with him. We've planned a lot of that already smile. He has a fantastic job and seems to have the same kind of friends and interests/hobbies/aspirations as I do, so we are pretty good to go! I can't wait for him to meet all of my friends and hopefully my family won't be annoying over it either.

wow..you just don't give it a rest do you?

i'll tell you what will hold you together for real, sitting still every once in a while.

Mr. Bacon
harsh shock

Lana
Originally posted by speiderman
I don't do long distance either. they take too much work.

What, and a 'regular' relationship doesn't?

DarkC
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
wow..you just don't give it a rest do you?

i'll tell you what will hold you together for real, sitting still every once in a while.
Co-signed.

Punkyhermy
What, and a 'regular' relationship doesn't?

I'm afraid that makes no sense to me. Why would any relationship need "work"? confused

The ones I've experienced throughout my 19 years on this earth have all occured naturally where the parties involved have "flowed" together. In each and every case, the others and myself have just been . We either can't help but end up in a relationship of a sort or we don't have any.

Relationships cannot be forced or made to be. The only scenario where I'd imagine such a thing would exist is where the existing relationship that the people involved share is not of the nature they prefer or desire. Boy meets girl. They want sex. Don't feel comfortable with the stark and crude nature of that relationship, so obliviously, force themselves to engage in a "relationship" where the obligatory "i love yous" are exchanged. Shuch an...arrangement would need work of course. no expression erm

Lana
I'm afraid that makes no sense to me. Why would any relationship need "work"? confused

The ones I've experienced throughout my 19 years on this earth have all occured naturally where the parties involved have "flowed" together. In each and every case, the others and myself have just been . We either can't help but end up in a relationship of a sort or we don't have any.

Relationships cannot be forced or made to be. The only scenario where I'd imagine such a thing would exist is where the existing relationship that the people involved share is not of the nature they prefer or desire. Boy meets girl. They want sex. Don't feel comfortable with the stark and crude nature of that relationship, so obliviously, force themselves to engage in a "relationship" where the obligatory "i love yous" are exchanged. Shuch an...arrangement would need work of course. no expression erm

Why would they need work?

Because people are flawed creatures and no one is the same, and by nature will not always agree. If you want a relationship to last, then yes, there will be effort and work involved. You need to learn to compromise. You need to learn to trust the other person, to be honest with them. You need to learn that it's not going to be some happy fairy-tale romance and there will be problems and you need to learn to work through the problems, so that they don't wreck your relationship. And so on.

There is far more to a relationship to simply love. And no offense, but you seem to have a very rose-coloured glasses view on love and relationships. Unfortunately, most relationships are not "fall in love and everything is happily ever after". Just because ones you've witnessed appeared to flow with no work or effort from either party does not mean that said effort was not there.

Röland
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus

If that works out for you, then more power to you, but I have to ask one thing.

You have only talked to this guy, never actually met him and want to spend the rest of your life with him? Not saying that you couldn't do that if you wanted to, but I'd put more thought into it and wait till you meet him if I were you.

Alpha Centauri
The bottom line is, nobody ever knows what another person is thinking. You will almost never know if your loved one is lying to you, or has lied to you, you just have to trust that they aren't and hope they're being honest.

Long distance relationships are harder because...well, if you have to ask why, you're silly. That said, I think they can work just as much as any relationship if the internet or whatever is only used as a catalyst.

I hate it when people meet someone they find alluring online and assume a relationship would work. They don't actually think what it would take to make moves to be together and make it work in the real world, or waiting to see if it even works after meeting, or even before. It gives internet born relationships a bad name, but that's all the should be, internet born.

If you can't realistically see it happening in real life, like...really happening, then don't bother. Thinking "This can happen, and here is why.", with legitimate plans, is fine. Thinking "This can happen..." followed by "Because we want it!" is null and void.

-AC

JacopeX
you see I m moving 45 mins away from where I live now..which here is where my boyfriend lives! I m only 14 and hes 15 but we want to stay 2gether! I told ma mom I was gonna run away and live here on ma own..but I didn't! But he wants to have a long distance relatophship like I do 2...my mom says I can speak to him on the phone and instant message him and maybe see him on da weekends! Ever had a long distance relationship? I don't believe in long distance relationships. They are stupid, pointless, and pathetic. PERIOD END OF STORY.

TigerEyes

Twice...my dad lives across the ocean (it's like a 2 hours ferry ride so its not too bad) but I met this guy who was my neighbor there and after a year of being friends went out for like a month before he dumped me....and it worked while we were together for the most part and he dumped because of other reason not the long distance and after that ended I went out with that guys best friend...and that last like 3 months before we broke it off cuz he figured out he was gay....
so they work if you make it work but you have to really try!

silver_tears
Originally posted by JacopeX
I don't believe in long distance relationships. They are stupid, pointless, and pathetic. PERIOD END OF STORY.

So you're saying if the person you love is shipped off to war your relationship is "stupid, pointless, and pathetic"?
****ing idiot.

Not all long distance relationships start off as such.

Röland
So you're saying if the person you love is shipped off to war your relationship is "stupid, pointless, and pathetic"?
****ing idiot.

That just made my day.

silver_tears

Röland

Leo.M
I don't believe in long distance relationships. They are stupid, pointless, and pathetic. PERIOD END OF STORY.

My god... you have to be the most retarded person on KMC.

If people ARE in love they can make it work. It doesn't matter how far away they are. What matters is that they both feel the same burning passion for one another. Sure it WOULD be better if they lived close to each other, but some just can't for whatever reason. If they are the one meant for you, how is it stupid, pointless, and pathetic to try and make it work? erm

*Lives in WA and is in Love with a girl in NY*

Coldfire
****ing idiot.

hear hear!!
Originally posted by Leo.M

If people ARE in love they can make it work. It doesn't matter how far away they are. What matters is that they both feel the same burning passion for one another. Sure it WOULD be better if they lived close to each other, but some just can't for whatever reason. If they are the one meant for you, how is it stupid, pointless, and pathetic to try and make it work? erm

That is exactly right

*lives in BC and loves someone in NJ*
(we're pretty much on the same page lol)

Röland
This thread keeps getting better and better. I love it. big grin

Puzzle
Hell the girl I love lives across the ocean, you can't help who you fall in love with.

Also, I agree with this following post of AC's:

The bottom line is, nobody ever knows what another person is thinking. You will almost never know if your loved one is lying to you, or has lied to you, you just have to trust that they aren't and hope they're being honest.

Long distance relationships are harder because...well, if you have to ask why, you're silly. That said, I think they can work just as much as any relationship if the internet or whatever is only used as a catalyst.

I hate it when people meet someone they find alluring online and assume a relationship would work. They don't actually think what it would take to make moves to be together and make it work in the real world, or waiting to see if it even works after meeting, or even before. It gives internet born relationships a bad name, but that's all the should be, internet born.

If you can't realistically see it happening in real life, like...really happening, then don't bother. Thinking "This can happen, and here is why.", with legitimate plans, is fine. Thinking "This can happen..." followed by "Because we want it!" is null and void.

-AC

DarkC
Originally posted by Leo.M

Dude, you're a walking example of why LD relationships aren't all bad. stick out tongue

Coldfire

-AC
This I also agree with happy

Lana
I live in Illinois, am in love with someone in the UK. That's pretty long-distance. And hey, we've met more than once, we're making it work out in our own way. Personally, I'm in it for the long run and will do all that is possibly within my power to MAKE it work. Because you know what, that's what love is. And it's hard, and it requires a lot of sacrifice, but it's ****ing worth it.

And I also agree with AC's post.

JacopeX
****ing idiot.

Not all long distance relationships start off as such. "In a world where there is no such thing as Long distant communications. It is just those who are there."

Just imagine that. I obviously do myself. And I can name a bunch of reasons why.

And what the **** are you talking about!? Im not talking about war and going away or anything like that. You obviously need to see what I mean before jumping at me like that.

Coldfire
Originally posted by DarkC
Dude, you're a walking example of why LD relationships aren't all bad. stick out tongue
what about me???!?!?! =O

lol

Puzzle
"In a world where there is no such thing as Long distant communications. It is just those who are there."

Just imagine that. I obviously do myself. And I can name a bunch of reasons why.

And what the **** are you talking about!? Im not talking about war and going away or anything like that. You obviously need to see what I mean before jumping at me like that.

If a person is sent away to war, overseas, the relationship they are in automatically becomes a long distance relationship you moron. She was saying that even regular relationships become long distance all the time, are you saying those are pointless?

You need to learn to comprehend what people are saying before jumping at her like that. durfist

Leo.M

you are right. eek! I am and so are some others. w00t

Alpha Centauri
For the record, saying you're in love with someone far away isn't proof that long distance relationships work.

One that's successful in the end is proof that they work, which none of yours are yet.

-AC

Lana
"In a world where there is no such thing as Long distant communications. It is just those who are there."

What about if someone goes off to school away from where you live?

And what, are you saying we should only communicate with people that live around us? Then what are you doing on the internet?

what about me???!?!?! =O

lol

Wow, I just realised it's been just short of two years since the first time we met...

JacopeX
You know, I just came to the conclusion that all of you mean Long distance relationships as in phone or stuff like that. I was thinking more into the Internet dating crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

My mistake people.

Puzzle
For the record, saying you're in love with someone far away isn't proof that long distance relationships work.

One that's successful in the end is proof that they work, which none of yours are yet.

-AC

This is true. I'm proof enough that long distance relationships can fail too.

Lana

-AC

Well, I'd say that meeting more than once, and working out long-term plans, and at the same time acknowledging the fact that while it'd be great that it works out, life may not agree, is certainly a large step to making it successful in the long run.

Puzzle
You know, I just came to the conclusion that all of you mean Long distance relationships as in phone or stuff like that. I was thinking more into the Internet dating crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

My mistake people.

Wow...you are stupid. no expression

Internet relationships are just as real as any other long distance relationship because *gasp* you can call them on the phone as well.

Lana

My mistake people.

How is the phone better than the internet?

Alpha Centauri
A lot of the reason they fail is because people get lonely and start one based on "It's good for now, I won't have to take it seriously.".

-AC

DarkC

My mistake people.
Don't shit on it just because you've never experienced it. Love is love.

Alpha Centauri
Well, I'd say that meeting more than once, and working out long-term plans, and at the same time acknowledging the fact that while it'd be great that it works out, life may not agree, is certainly a large step to making it successful in the long run.

How does that apply to what I said? I said nobody here has a successful one, not that nobody WILL. The last I checked, you still lived in Chicago.

-AC

Lana
A lot of the reason they fail is because people get lonely and start one based on "It's good for now, I won't have to take it seriously.".

-AC

Which I would agree with, and which is why I'd never actually say I was dating someone, or girlfriend-boyfriend with someone when I'm in a relationship that's primarily online and we're not actually together except for the rare times when we meet. I mean, yeah, we're together, we're in love, we're in a relationship...but we're not actually dating or physically together, for the most part.

Which I think is a huge problem with people and long-distance relationships that are primarily online. They expect commitment in a situation that pretty much makes it impossible, and thus dooms the relationship from the start.

How does that apply to what I said? I said nobody here has a successful one, not that nobody WILL. The last I checked, you still lived in Chicago.

-AC

And I never said it was successful yet, but certainly on a path to be so someday, and that I'm taking the steps needed to help it happen.

Though on the other hand, it might not ever happen. Who knows? I don't. I know what I'd like to happen and I'll do all I can to make it happen, but I can't control the future.

Coldfire
What about if someone goes off to school away from where you live?

And what, are you saying we should only communicate with people that live around us? Then what are you doing on the internet?

Wow, I just realised it's been just short of two years since the first time we met...
wow you're right! that's crazeh

-AC
yeah that's true, i'm also proof of that.
yes

JacopeX
How is the phone better than the internet? Well how did you get the phone number in the first place. By the person. I really don't believe in someone calling a random person by dialing random numbers and make up a love relationship. (Except if it were some stupid Dating Chat Hot line Ma Jiggy)

Internet is worse. You not only know the persons true self, but you hardly know how he looks like. Sure, now days technology allowed us to post pics using something called a DIGITAL camera. But what if those pics of your lover were fake somehow and he actually a deranged pedo. Yes, all that is possible.

Internet Dating is a joke to me really. Yes, there are some people, SOME PEOPLE, who actually have a successful relationship from on-line. But most have failed due to many reasons.

1.) He/She lies to you and comes up with the hurtful truth

2.) You get abducted. (Typical)

3.) The so called "meet" never happens as he/she is off dating other people probably and actually was dating on-line for fun or he is just lonely.

4.) "He's ugly! Shut up!"

Yes, I have been there before when I was a younger foolish child. But I have learned from my mistakes and try to learn even more to see clearly the values of life and it is very clear to me that it is enough for me to see the world we live in, Ect. Anyways, internet dating is nothing but BULLSHIT.

JacopeX
Don't shit on it just because you've never experienced it. Love is love. Actually I had a girlfriend in RL. Quit thinking you know me. Just liek you do all the "freaken" time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
And I never said it was successful yet, but certainly on a path to be so someday, and that I'm taking the steps needed to help it happen.

Though on the other hand, it might not ever happen. Who knows? I don't. I know what I'd like to happen and I'll do all I can to make it happen, but I can't control the future.

So you replied to my point for what reason?

"None of you have successful relationships yet.", "I'd say I'm on the path to making it successful.", "Yes, but it's not yet.", "I never said it was.".

Sh-shall you stop talking in this irrelevant-al way?

-AC

Coldfire
Well how did you get the phone number in the first place. By the person. I really don't believe in someone calling a random person by dialing random numbers and make up a love relationship. (Except if it were some stupid Dating Chat Hot line Ma Jiggy)

Internet is worse. You not only know the persons true self, but you hardly know how he looks like. Sure, now days technology allowed us to post pics using something called a DIGITAL camera. But what if those pics of your lover were fake somehow and he actually a deranged pedo. Yes, all that is possible.

Internet Dating is a joke to me really. Yes, there are some people, SOME PEOPLE, who actually have a successful relationship from on-line. But most have failed due to many reasons.

3.) The so called "meet" never happens as he/she is off dating other people probably and actually was dating on-line for fun or he is just lonely.

Yes, I have been there before when I was a younger foolish child. But I have learned from my mistakes and try to learn even more to see clearly the values of life and it is very clear to me that it is enough for me to see the world we live in, Ect. Anyways, internet dating is nothing but BULLSHIT.
That in itself is bullshit. Just because it may not have worked for you does not mean it will not work for someone else.

DarkC
Actually I had a girlfriend in RL. Quit thinking you know me. Just liek you do all the "freaken" time. roll eyes (sarcastic)
If you had half a brain you'd realise I was talking about long distance, not real life. Isn't that what the subject of this thread is? Hmm?

Puzzle
Yes, I have been there before when I was a younger foolish child.

Dude, you're still a young foolish child. A 15 year old is not allowed to say otherwise. blankpuzzle

Regardless of what you may say, you know nothing of the real world yet.

Lana
Well how did you get the phone number in the first place. By the person. I really dont belive in someone calling a random person by dialing random numbers and make up a love relationship. (Except if it were some stupid Dating Chat Hotline Ma Jiggy)

Internet is wrose. You not only know the persons true self, but you hardly know how he looks like. Sure, now days technology allowed us to post pics using somthing called a DIGITAL camera. But what if those pics of your lover were fake somehow and he actually a derranged pedo. Yes, all that is possible.

Internet Dating is a joke to me really. Yes, there are some people, SOME PEOPLE, who actually have a successful realtionship from online. But most have failed due to many reasons.

3.) The so called "meet" never happens as he/she is off dating other people probably and actually was dating online for fun or he is just lonely.

Okay, for starters, the stories of people pretending to not be themselves online are grossly exaggerated. I'd say maybe one of a few thousand people online are not who they say they are. And if they are lying about themselves, it's very, very easy to tell if they are or not. It's hard keeping up a false story all the time. Eventually they'll slip and **** something up.

1) Okay, so...no one can lie in real life or over the phone? Yeah, that happens too.

2) Almost never happens in reality. The only reason you hear about it a lot is because of the sensational media, but as with people pretending to not be who they really are...it's in reality very rare.

3) Yeah, that happens, and that is why I will never say that I am dating someone that I am involved with largely over the internet, because really, you're NOT dating.

4) Also happens in real life/offline.

And you really don't seem to be able to differentiate between long-distance relationships and internet ones. There are many, many people out there (several in this very thread, myself included) who are with someone, have met them, but due to the distances involved cannot be together very often. But they also do not want to let the relationship die, and thus their primary form of communication is online. What about that?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Puzzle
you know nothing of the real world yet.

You don't actually know that, however likely.

-AC

JacopeX
If you had half a brain you'd realise I was talking about long distance, not real life. Isn't that what the subject of this thread? Hmm? O RLY?

Sorry but you got me to the point where I thought you read my post but you come out with something like "You have never been in a relationship like that" when I just explained in the previous post/ This quote.

Lana
So you replied to my point for what reason?

"None of you have successful relationships yet.", "I'd say I'm on the path to making it successful.", "Yes, but it's not yet.", "I never said it was.".

Sh-shall you stop talking in this irrelevant-al way?

-AC

Damnit, everytime you do that it cracks me up laughing out loud

If you had half a brain you'd realise I was talking about long distance, not real life. Isn't that what the subject of this thread is? Hmm?

Err, how is long-distance not real life?

Puzzle
You don't actually know that, however likely.

-AC

You never know how the real world works until you are on your own.

DarkC
O RLY?
Um, yes.

If you want to make yourself look intelligent, don't respond with a stupid little internet cliche.

Okay, if you want me to be politically correct then I'll rephrase. Change "real life" to "local". Happy?

Alpha Centauri
Ok, for the purposes of those idiots here, a.k.a everyone besides me (As I am quite clearly the king of the world, King AC):

Relationships solely on the net are now known as internet relationships.

Relationships that have become serious as a result of meeting or meetings will be known simply as internet BORN relationships.

Anything else such as knowing each other in person first and then doing long distance, will be known as long distance.

Clear?

Originally posted by Puzzle
You never know how the real world works until you are on your own.

I know people who would beg to differ.

-AC

Lana
Ok, for the purposes of those idiots here, a.k.a everyone besides me (As I am quite clearly the king of the world, King AC):

Relationships that have become serious as a result of meeting or meetings will be known simply as internet BORN relationships.

Anything else such as knowing each other in person first and then doing long distance, will be known as long distance.

Clear?

-AC

I see no need to differentiate between a relationship started online and one started off that are over long distances. They're both long distance. But that's just me.

Alpha Centauri
Wasn't asking you, was I? Shat ittttt.

-AC

Lana
Wasn't asking you, was I? Shat ittttt.

-AC

Nevah!

Coldfire

Clear?

-AC
If it makes you happy lol

Punkyhermy
Why would they need work?

Because people are flawed creatures and no one is the same, and by nature will not always agree. If you want a relationship to last, then yes, there will be effort and work involved. You need to learn to compromise. You need to learn to trust the other person, to be honest with them. You need to learn that it's not going to be some happy fairy-tale romance and there will be problems and you need to learn to work through the problems, so that they don't wreck your relationship. And so on.

There is far more to a relationship to simply love. And no offense, but you seem to have a very rose-coloured glasses view on love and relationships. Unfortunately, most relationships are not "fall in love and everything is happily ever after". Just because ones you've witnessed appeared to flow with no work or effort from either party does not mean that said effort was not there.

Its either a misconception or a bastardization of the term to say that successful relationships need "work". Saying that insinuates a negative connotation. As if you have to strive to make yourself and the other engage in the relationship in question. Relationships cannot be helped like i said before. You either have any sort if a relationship with someone or you don't.

All the things you mentioned above, compromise, trust and honesty, are not the acts of "work" to maintain a relationship but components that comprise the relationship itself . In other words, these acts are the relationship if you will. Doing those things is having a "relationship".

You must have misunderstood me or I may not have been articulate enough.*shrugs* I appreciate ,treasure and am big advocate of love.smile But I also don't hesitate at all to critique the idea of it as it is treated in mainstream today.Which I suppose ends up making me a skeptic, someone hesitant to completely dive into the big fall herself.stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Its either a misconception or a bastardization of the term to say that successful relationships need "work". Saying that insinuates a negative connotation. As if you have to strive to make yourself and the other engage in the relationship in question. Relationships cannot be helped like i said before. You either have any sort if a relationship with someone or you don't.

All the things you mentioned above, compromise, trust and honesty, are not the acts of "work" to maintain a relationship but components that comprise the relationship itself . In other words, these acts are the relationship if you will. Doing those things is having a "relationship".

You must have misunderstood me or I may not have been articulate enough.*shrugs* I appreciate ,treasure and am big advocate of love.smile But I also don't hesitate at all to critique the idea of it as it is treated in mainstream today.Which I suppose ends up making me a skeptic, someone hesitant to completely dive into the big fall herself.stick out tongue

I hate it when people say they treasure love, or are advocates of. Love doesn't exist without people to use it, there isn't loads of true love floating around somewhere waiting to be used. Love can only exist with people who are in love, or someone that's in love. Not on its own.

Yes, by the way, it does take effort to keep a relationship going. You are implying that effort means striving and struggling, it doesn't always. It means making effort to keep each other happy.

-AC

Lana

How on earth does it insinuate a negative connotation? Not all work is tiresome, boring, etc.

And yes, trust, honesty, and compromise are components of a relationship. But they do not create themselves, nor do they stay by themselves. They only exist through the efforts of those in the relationship. And that's why so many relationships don't last. People fall in love. They think that that will carry it, that it will be easy. But it won't, because they'll have never put in the effort to establish the other important things that are needed.

And THAT is why relationships require work to make them last.

Coldfire
How on earth does it insinuate a negative connotation? Not all work is tiresome, boring, etc.

And yes, trust, honesty, and compromise are components of a relationship. But they do not create themselves, nor do they stay by themselves. They only exist through the efforts of those in the relationship. And that's why so many relationships don't last. People fall in love. They think that that will carry it, that it will be easy. But it won't, because they'll have never put in the effort to establish the other important things that are needed.

yes

JacopeX
Okay, for starters, the stories of people pretending to not be themselves online are grossly exaggerated. I'd say maybe one of a few thousand people online are not who they say they are. And if they are lying about themselves, it's very, very easy to tell if they are or not. It's hard keeping up a false story all the time. Eventually they'll slip and **** something up.

1) Okay, so...no one can lie in real life or over the phone? Yeah, that happens too.

2) Almost never happens in reality. The only reason you hear about it a lot is because of the sensational media, but as with people pretending to not be who they really are...it's in reality very rare.

3) Yeah, that happens, and that is why I will never say that I am dating someone that I am involved with largely over the internet, because really, you're NOT dating.

4) Also happens in real life/offline.

And you really don't seem to be able to differentiate between long-distance relationships and internet ones. There are many, many people out there (several in this very thread, myself included) who are with someone, have met them, but due to the distances involved cannot be together very often. But they also do not want to let the relationship die, and thus their primary form of communication is online. What about that? Exaggerating? My ass. It is starting to become common among many teens that have no sense whatsoever. Such as Myspace users, AOL/AIM users, Even other sites that have to do with communication with other STRANGERS. And where have you been now days!!!??? It is so easy to lie about yourself. Example: The whole "Gangsta" Parody I did a while ago. Plus, just think about it. It is so easy to lie about your life in many ways. People can be so slick and trust me, they would try everything they can to not **** up like that. yes, they would want to accomplish Abducting another Teen and make them there sex slave or something like that. Hell, I can lie to an average 15 old girl that I am a 19 year old body builder living around her location and she would of course believe it.

1.) Exactly

2.) Media cant lie about an abduction......Thats just plain stupid.

3.) .......It's still a relationship at first.

4.) Exactly

But you see, I dropped the whole Long distance Relationship and have my mind aimed more into the whole "Internet dating" subject. And who says about differentiating between the two? Or is it what I said that made you think what I said? Please forget the whole long distant relationship because of course they probably met in real life and then one of them move, and of course they still love each other. DUH. but internet Dating is different. Including how ridiculous it is. It is not real love at all. Nor is it love that you have with the partner. It is just two people that dont know each other, that just say "I lOvE U, LOLZ".

Alpha Centauri
Example: The whole "Gangsta" Parody I did a while ago.

With all due respect (None), that was more obviously fake than George Bush's Gay/Lesbian alliance membership card.

-AC

JacopeX
With all due respect (None), that was more obviously fake than Survivor.

-AC Well, thanks for your opinion. I thought it was starting to get stupid around the final days and getting boring. so I just acted like myself. roll eyes (sarcastic) It was fun as it lasted. laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Changed it to be more suitable.

Survivor was more realistic than you being a gangster.

-AC

Coldfire

-AC
laughing out loud

JacopeX

-AC OK. it was a Parody. Was not ment to be taken serious wih.

Punkyhermy

Thats what connotations do, strike personal feelings but regardless. "work" is generally used to describe something that requires force and effort. both not very pleasant things to participate in especially when used to things coming to you naturally.

Yes.I'm gonna have to state quite the contrary. They do create themselves. I don't trust every second person I know. I do not have to make an effort to trust someone. It either is there or it isn;t. And I shouldn't have to either. Because that would generally mean I'm off on the wrong track with this "relationship" with that someone. Its intuition, gut feeling et al, call it whatever you will, but if I'm at a point where I don't willingly trsut someone, and feel obliged to...something tells me this isn't going to get anywhere. erm Its not quantum physics. just common sense.

Lana
Exaggerating? My ass. It is starting to become common among many teens that have no sense whatsoever. Such as Myspace users, AOL/AIM users, Even other sites that have to do with communication with other STRANGERS. And where have you been now days!!!??? It is so easy to lie about yourself. Example: The whole "Gangsta" Parody I did a while ago. Plus, just think about it. It is so easy to lie about your life in many ways. People can be so slick and trust me, they would try everything they can to not **** up like that. yes, they would want to accomplish Abducting another Teen and make them there sex slave or something like that. Hell, I can lie to an average 15 old girl that I am a 19 year old body builder living around her location and she would of course believe it.

1.) Exactly

2.) Media cant lie about an abduction......Thats just plain stupid.

3.) .......It's still a relationship at first.

4.) Exactly

But you see, I dropped the whole Long distance Relationship and have my mind aimed more into the whole "Internet dating" subject. And who says about differentiating between the two? Or is it what I said that made you think what I said? Please forget the whole long distant relationship because of course they probably met in real life and then one of them move, and of course they still love each other. DUH. but internet Dating is different. Including how ridiculous it is.

Kid, I've been online since you were in kindergarten, probably younger. Myspace has how many millions of people? Yeah, there's going to be people on there who are not who they say they are. But it's not nearly as common as people say it is. Everyone makes a huge deal out of stuff like that and completely blows it out of proportion.

No one believed your little 'gangster' thing and you are seriously deluded if you think anyone did. There is a large difference between lying about yourself, and doing so in a consistent, believable way. Most people never get that down, though. And there are people who fall for it and will meet someone off the internet and find out they were lied to. Honestly, though? They're just as stupid, as chances are they went through no efforts to find out who this person really was. It's not at all hard to do. And living a lie is hard to do and people WILL slip up.

I never said they lie about people being kidnapped. I said it's sensationalist media. They take things like that and blow it up to be some huge deal, making people believe it's a far larger problem than it actually is. Yes, it happens. But does it happen as often as the media will lead you to believe? No, not at all.

I've never had any problems meeting people in person that I've met online. I've done so many times. it's called being smart about it. It's called not meeting the person until you've known them a long while, until you've spoken to them on the phone, you don't meet them unless there are other people with you, and that people know where you are. But some people DON'T bother doing any of this, though, and that's how problems occur. But it's not as common as the media makes it out to be.

Alpha Centauri
Thats what connotations do, strike personal feelings but regardless. "work" is generally used to describe something that requires force and effort. both not very pleasant things to participate in especially when used to things coming to you naturally.

I don't know how many or how few relationships you've been in, but they do require effort. Even if it doesn't feel like effort, you're making an effort by even being in the relationship, otherwise you'd just be nothing.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>