Games you never/haven't finished

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
I know there are many games that I own that I just haven't got around to finishing or I am stuck at a certain part and can't finish it.

Are any of you all in the same predicament?

If so list the game and why you haven't/can't finish it.

Trigun King
Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

General Zodiac
Spyro 4. Played it a day and hated it.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Trigun King

Yeah I still haven't finished this one either.

I need to get on it though.

darth_royke
final fantasy 9+10. i get to the end then start losing interest. driv3r, gta san andreas(still enjoying just driving round) dawn of war(on hardest level anyway), and prob more

DarkCanadian
Metroid Prime.

hotsauce6548
At least half of the games I own I haven't finished and haven't tried to, either. no expression

Black Waltz #3
most final fantasy games because I lose interest about half way through then play a different game

black robb
Games i've never finished...
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Perfect Dark
Super Mario 64
Ape Escape
Ratchet and Clank 3
Super Mario Sunshine
Sly Cooper

General Zodiac
Games I never finished:
Spyro 4
GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andres
Simpson's Hit and Run
The Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Lords

Swanky-Tuna
GTA 2 and Chrono Trigger. GTA2 just gets too repetative and I got right up to Lavos on Chrono Trigger then just lost interest.

CorderaMitchell
Aladdin, don't know why. sad

Beelzebuu
Xenogears, I dunno why but I never finished it.

CorderaMitchell
Why? stick out tongue

Hulk Power
Games I haven't finished? Well theres X2: Wolverine's Revenge. That game sucked. I bought it and the first day I played it, I stopped playing it because it sucked so much. Then theres Dead to Rights. Cool game but too busy to play. And finally theres Turok: Evolution. I think it's too hard in some parts of the game so I can't pass it.

thundercracker
fable - got bored
unreal championship 2 - got midnight club 3
top spin tennis - it came with the xbox an got played 1 time
midnight club 3 - just got it

GalacticStorm
Beyond Good and Evil

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes(GC remake)

Resi 0

Resi 4

Pikmin

Final Fantasy 6

Silicon Valley(N64. amazing game)

Jet Force Gemini

Illusion of Gaia(SNES)

Secret of Evermore(SNES)

powerfulone1987
Whoa, I don't feel that bad now.

I didn't know it was so common for people not to finish most of their games.

Cause I have a bunch I haven't finished either because I lost interest or got to a tough spot and couldn't finish or I got another and put the other one off for so long that I haven't got the urge to pick it back up.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
GTA 2 and Chrono Trigger. GTA2 just gets too repetative and I got right up to Lavos on Chrono Trigger then just lost interest.

I got to the Hydra in Chrono Trigger and I tried and tried and even tried again a year or so later and still couldn't defeat it so I gave up on that game a long time ago and never finish.

What a shame cause I really liked that game too and I never got to the second disc and it was 50$ and I was young at the time and for me to spend that kind of money on a game was a big deal for me at that young of an age.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I know there are many games that I own that I just haven't got around to finishing or I am stuck at a certain part and can't finish it.

Met Prime - I'm 'at' the metroid prime literally.. but I'm too lazy to finish

FFX - I'm at the version of sin where you have 10 turns to defeat him.. again too lazy..

Shinobi (ps2) - got to one of the later stages where you gotta chain air kills... however I didnt really feel like starting from the beginning of the level over and over again.. since theres no real continues

Ninja Gaiden - I really liked this game.. but when it got to the point where you were required to abuse the dodge system just to get by on a common basis.. I sorta lost interest..

Mario Sunshine - Very refreshing and colorful.. but I decided after the 50th star that it was nowhere close to mario 64.. I may finish it someday when I'm bored

I got to the Hydra in Chrono Trigger and I tried and tried and even tried again a year or so later and still couldn't defeat it so I gave up on that game a long time ago and never finish.

What a shame cause I really liked that game too and I never got to the second disc and it was 50$ and I was young at the time and for me to spend that kind of money on a game was a big deal for me at that young of an age.

wow you only spent 50?.. I heard people were paying 80 dollars a pop for squaresoft RPGs back then.. especially FF6

sai12
Haha...a thread made for me!! I never seem to finish games..*sigh*

Morrowind-Got bored
Sudeki-Got to the last boss guy and got my butt kicked several times...I'm too lazy to go level up more..
Crimson Sea-My brother sold his xbox which had my game save..which was conviently to the last boss!! ARGH! I'm not replaying it all on my xbox!!
Zelda: Maajora's Mask(Something along those lines)N64--Some stupid fish monster kept beating me up...so I gave up!! Too much work to keep getting to that point only to get my ass handed back to me!!

Hehe, I always feel like such a loser if I admit my shortcomings on game!! :P But I feel right at home here!

hh?
Guardians Crusade

i just gave up

SnakeEyes
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas... and Far Cry (VERY hard game to beat)

systemshock2
Aliens Vs. Predator 1 on the PC. Due to the fact you couldn't save made it very frustrating when you died in a level and had to start all over again.

sith_darth_jay
just about half the games i own, i haven't beat, and some of then haven't even started to play it big grin
GTA III: can't beat the last mission, dunno why
half way through:
spyro 4
silent hill 2
vagrant story
and some more i don't remember

games i own and haven't even began to play:
ratchet and clank 1
final fantasy IX
the suffering
MGS snake eater
and more...

and lots of computer games, not to mention Snes, Gameboy and N64 games....and some PS1 games...

GreenFist
I never finished:
Simspons Hit and Run
and i don't know if this game is ever suppose to end but
Virtua Fighters 4

kmcdude
GTA-San andreas,I could never pass the ''Plane flying test'' Damn it

cking
dead to rights the first game. I could never beat the fat mayor, I kept hitting the guy but it didn't hurt him. I never did know what to do.

Blue Dragon
Taz Wanted & Crash Bandicoot 1. It sounds so stupid yes but on Taz (which is crap & wished never bought it) I don't know what to do. I want to sell it.

As for Crash Bandicoot, if anyone remembers, get all the boxes to collect a gem. In 2, 3 & other previous games it's easy but in 1 it's so hard!

You CANNOT die because all the boxes you destroyed behind you come back so when at a check point you have to start again or go backwards to get them which is just harder...glare

I thought why not get the checkpoints so if I do die I'll be at the beginning again ready to start again but the checkpoints are boxes too. So...I die, I start back at a checkpoint, I quit the level, enter again & start again, ugh!!

I need all gems to get to Cortex, in other games it's a choice to get the gems (which I like to do & it's easy to do) but in this game you HAVE TO get them & without dying! mad

Now games like Zelda I can do, well some of them, not Oracle of Seasons & A Link to the Past.

jaden101
hitman 2 cause its damn hard

americas 10 most wanted cause its totally shit

resident evil 0 cause it got boring

matt hoffmans pro bmx 2 cause tony hawks is superior

as for all you people who never completed the zelda games...i feel truly sorry for you mad stick out tongue

LiL nAstY GirL
GTA's
RE 0
RE

Vidina
Most games I play never beat

FF9
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Summoner
Ratchet and Clank

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
wow you only spent 50?.. I heard people were paying 80 dollars a pop for squaresoft RPGs back then.. especially FF6

you say that like it was a long long time ago.
I am 18 now so it was only like a few years or more ago.

Movie_Geek_
Resident Evil 0 ( I got stuck at one point and just gave up. )
Zelda MM ( It took to long but I got to most of the end of the game and just used cheat coads to finish I never did it the right way )
and I know a lot of other but that is all I can think of right now.

luffyjin
Resident Evil Code Veronica X:got to boring :O
Sonic Jam (3d mode):couldnt find way to finish level
beyblade v force:is kind of good in multiplayer but sucked apart from that
tekken 5: ONLY RENTED FOR ONE DAY AND GT HALF WAY THROUGH OH I WNAT TO BUY IT SO MUCH

powerfulone1987
I never could even get off of the train part of Resident Zero because the game was a little to much for me.
This was my first Resident Evil game and very well may be my last.
I would get real jumpy and my stomach would start to hurt from getting nervous and anxious when the next zombie would jump out.
I though it would help since I had a partner but no not much. It would have been better If I cold only control one character and the other be with me the whole time being controlled by the computer.
I even had to play with the light on. It has been a few years since I last played it and like I said, I never got off of the train in the beginning of the game so maybe I would be able to handle it now, I don't know. I even got my sister to come in my room to watch me play it and make me less nervous.
Now that I am going off to college, I am sure I would be able to play it in my dorm room with all the other people around me in the building plus with my roommate being there.
But throughout it all I would have like to watch someone play it. Especially to see the cut scenes, I love cut scenes. That's one of the main things I look forward to when playing a game so I am pretty disappointed that I never got to see all of the cut scenes so we'll see. I even bought a strategy book for the game like last year or the year before so that I would know what was coming up and and be less nervous but if anything it made me more anxious to know what I would have to face in the game in the dark so who knows. I do hope I finally pick it up again to play or get to see someone play it.
Well see.............................

kier14matrix
Hahahaha I agree Powerfulone1987 the Resident Evil games do scare the shit out of the player, I was playing it on the on the dreamcast or Sega Saturn (can't remember which) and a dog burst through a window and i jampout my ****ing skin so i turned off the console and said "**** that this games never going on again."

So the games i haven't completed is

Resident Evil (for either Dreamcast/Sega Saturn)
Viewtiful Joe - I'm stuck on the later Midnight Thunderboy chapter, grrrrrr.
Timesplitters 2 - Can't get round to completing it
probs some other but i can't remember right now.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by kier14matrix
Hahahaha I agree Powerfulone1987 the Resident Evil games do scare the shit out of the player, I was playing it on the on the dreamcast or Sega Saturn (can't remember which) and a dog burst through a window and i jampout my ****ing skin so i turned off the console and said "**** that this games never going on again."

So the games i haven't completed is

Resident Evil (for either Dreamcast/Sega Saturn)
Viewtiful Joe - I'm stuck on the later Midnight Thunderboy chapter, grrrrrr.
Timesplitters 2 - Can't get round to completing it
probs some other but i can't remember right now.

Haha, I have been there with that game, i just made the mistake of playing it again and trying to make myself deal with it but i couldn't. I may be able to now though, i don't know, i doubt it.

I got stuck on Viewtiful Joe also on the level where you fight yourself, I think i was fighting myself on that board.

kier14matrix
Haha yeah, i really don't think i will go back to playing the game, not for some time anyway.

pr1983
Max Payne 2... i just havent gotten around to it...

Guys, if you think Resident Evil is scary, go rent Silent Hill...

kier14matrix
Haha i'll pass, i'm guessing it's gonna be more scarier than Resident Evil :-|

pr1983
Put it this way...

if resident evil is 50% action and 50% scares, silent hill is 10% action and 90% scares...

Movie_Geek_
Ha Ha! sound like my kind of game!

Blue Dragon
Also not finished A Link to the Past (I'm stuck) & Oracle of Seasons (I think, the red one...also stuck.)

Any of the GTA series ( i just play em for walking around the cities and whatnot

Ninja for the original playstation...that shlt got hard
And GT2...i was up to 98.3% finished but then i lost the game..arrrg!!!

Hit_and_Miss
I've clocked most of my games...
But I haven't finished the doom expansion pack...I'm at the last boss but my laptop couldn't hold the graphics, I clocked the first game on my pc but got the second at uni without my pc. now my laptop is broke so i couldn't finish...sob

Jade empire.. I loved KOTOR 1 soo much I got redrawl symphoms from it till KOTOR2 came and got me addicted again. Now i realise if i don't complete jade empire I won't miss having done it all..... ill clock it when KOTOR3 is nearly out...

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Also not finished A Link to the Past (I'm stuck) & Oracle of Seasons (I think, the red one...also stuck.) I also got stuck on Oracle of Season. I would have like to got Oracl of Ages instead but they were out but anyway I got stuck on the part where you have to get the season just write so continue and be in the right place. It's like a cliff you have to get up and you have to make it spring to grow vines and climb up but they there's something up there that stops you and you have to change the season to another one and whatever season you changes it to to continue you cause another obstacle to form because of that season so it cancels out what you were trying to do.
It's confusing and agravating. I tried and tried and gave up and came back and tried again and gave up and don't intend to go back. ugh.

SaintDaneSlayer
Originally posted by pr1983
Put it this way...

if resident evil is 50% action and 50% scares, silent hill is 10% action and 90% scares...

pr1983 i so agree. i was watching my cousing play silent hill at night with no lights on in his basement. its like a horror movie.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by pr1983
Put it this way...

Hrm, I dunno.

Silent Hill isn't scary. It uses a different kind of atmophere. It's more tense, and as a result scary, but there's no genuinely scary adrenaline-fuelled moments like in Resident Evil (the dogs leaping through the window, Nemesis hunting you down).

Silent Hill is like living in a nightmare. It's much more surreal and, most importantly, subversive. A flicker of light, a moving shadow, a creepy musical box left on in an empty hostel. This and the fact your radio crackles whenever you get near an enemy (usually in the dark or in the thick of fog) makes it genuinely unnerving. Silent Hill just makes you feel as though your about to go insane. Awesome game.

Otaku
Originally posted by Zatch

Morridini
I don't buy games that are bad, thus I always complete games I buy. As for games I rent or download it's a whole other story.

I never finished Rome Total War, I got kinda tired of it after conquering half of the game.

Sonic x 20
Ninja Gaiden. big grin big grin

Kumar
i haven' tfinishes...oh, let me think:

FF 7 8 or 9 (i am in the process of playing 8 & 9 and 7 just got too hard at the very end)

Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES)

Megaman X (SNES)

Xenosaga (bought without playing it, big mistake, and then played it once and i have never played it since. its not a bad game, i just never got into it)

Sonic Adventure (got too hard)

those are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head. i am really lazy and when a game gets too hard, i usually give up. sad, i know. i really need to finish more games.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Silent Hill is like living in a nightmare. It's much more surreal and, most importantly, subversive.

I couldn't agree more. Although I found SH4: The Room seriously lacking in the disturbing department. It did have some nice touches like the giant Eileen head and the soft toy rabbit that stares accusingly at you after her murder but for me SH1 & 2 were the ones that seriously messed with your mind. Nothing beats the buzz of static as the monsters close in on you through the oppressive fog.
There is a great FAQ about Silent Hill the town on gamefaqs. It really drums home just how twisted the series is.

Sonic x 20
Ninja Gaiden was a very hard game to beat, but I love the challenge because it helps me improve my gaming skills. Sometimes, that giant bone dinosaur causes me to jump out of my seat because very time he does that jaw bite attack, it's like he is actually going to come out of the TV screen and bite you!!!!!!!! I still defeated him though. That jaw bite of his will kill you with only one bite. big grin big grin

ShapedByWords

chronotrigger
ICO

no real reason erm

RedAlertv2
I still havent beaten Ocarina of Time. But Im close

Blue Dragon
I also got stuck on Oracle of Season. I would have like to got Oracl of Ages instead but they were out but anyway I got stuck on the part where you have to get the season just write so continue and be in the right place. It's like a cliff you have to get up and you have to make it spring to grow vines and climb up but they there's something up there that stops you and you have to change the season to another one and whatever season you changes it to to continue you cause another obstacle to form because of that season so it cancels out what you were trying to do.
It's confusing and agravating. I tried and tried and gave up and came back and tried again and gave up and don't intend to go back. ugh.
I have one of the pendants, on ALttP but can't get to locations of 2 & 3! sad

Dead Goth
This makes me feel better cuz I never finished FF7. I wuz too lazy to beat Sephiroth

Snoopbert
Icewind Dale II

Darth Jello
and game in the ghosts and goblins series...too hard!!!

sully_2u
the one zelda game i havent finished was Wind Waker cuz it was too damn long...i hated SAILING lol it took too long

KingDubya
Metroid Prime - I got too bored, and got distracted by Ninja Gaiden and KOTOR
Ninja Gaiden - The pink flying demon lady (I can't remember her name) is too hard for me
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Worst FF EVER!
Final Fantasy VIII - Adel is too hard for me on my file there, and now the disc keeps pausing whenever I get up to the last battle with Seifer
Conker's Pocket Tales - I lost it a few years back
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - I played the sequel beforehand and thought it was better than the first
Second Sight - One of the levels just proved to be too hard for me
Psi-Ops - Same thing as Second Sight
Vectorman - Same as the last two
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (GBA) - Too boring
Various other games I forget the names of...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.