Speculation: Who is R.A.B. ????? (Spoiler Alert)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quid Pro Quo
any ideas

Phoenix
Thats what I've been wondering! I was thinking of all the things we've had, and I think it must be someone new...

RAB could be Regulus A. Black, but hes dead

TheSun
Originally posted by Phoenix
Thats what I've been wondering! I was thinking of all the things we've had, and I think it must be someone new...

It's Regulus Black. He exchanged the lockets before he died obviously.

Hermione202
Originally posted by TheSun
It's Regulus Black. He exchanged the lockets before he died obviously.

Thats a great guess , but you never know. JK's full of mysteries.Take the Half-Blood Prince , for example.

TheSun
Originally posted by Hermione202
Thats a great guess , but you never know. JK's full of mysteries.Take the Half-Blood Prince , for example.
I never saw that coming to be honest.

Hermione202

me neither . I was just so suprised , when i read that part

TheSun
I can't wait until Harry gets a piece of Snape.

DarkCanadian
Oh, I was on Veritaserum.com before that. They thought that Snape would be the HBP prince, so I can't say I wasn't all suprised.

Hermione202
I can't wait until Harry gets a piece of Snape.

me neither.that will be a laugh laughing out loud

Elessea
Yeah, I'm still curious as to what side he's on and if there is something we don't know yet...

TheSun
Originally posted by Elessea
Yeah, I'm still curious as to what side he's on and if there is something we don't know yet...
I pretty much think he's a baddie now you know. After killing the main defender of the good side and all...

Hermione202
I pretty much think he's a baddie now you know. After killing the main defender of the good side and all...

and making that unbreakable vow .

Elessea
Yes, but there could be some reason that he had to do that we don't know yet, but in the end he's still on their side.

I mean, at the End Harry finally says that now that he doesnt have any adult parent-like figure worrying about him (aka: James, Lily, Dumbledore, Sirius are all gone) he can go off and defeat Voldemort. It gives him a reason to leave school and therefore move on to bigger and more important things. So perhaps Snape knew he had to kill Dumbledore in order to give Harry the strength to defeat Voldemort...

Hermione202
no , i don't think so.Snpe is plain evil! Harry still had the Weasleys and Lupin

tigress
snae needs a crucio any one else wondering if he was acting under the imperious?

Hermione202
I wondered that to but then i remembered what DD said about why he trusts Snape.
he said he trusts Snape because 'Sanpe said he was sorry James and Lily died.'

how could DD believe that?

Elessea
Look at this quote:

"And Harry saw very clearly as he sat there under the hot sun how people who cared about him had stood in front of him one by one, his mother, his father, his godfather, and finally Dumbledore, all determined to protect him; but now that was over. He could not let anybody else stand between him and Voldemort; he must abandon forever the illusion he ought to have lost at the age of one, that the shelter of a parent's arms meant that nothing could hurt him. There was no waking from this nightmare, no comforting whisper in the dark that he was safe really, that it was all in his imagination; the last and greatest of his protectors had died, and he was more along than he had ever been before." (p.645)

Now that his final protector (Dumbledore) has died, Harry is alone and only alone can he truely be strong enough to defeat Voldemort. He has to go on alone, and he could not do that until he no longer had the protection of Dumbledore and the others. I think his death was eminent and necessary to the continuation and completion of the series.

ladygrim
WIth his protectors gone i rekon he will join them in book seven if you kno wot i mean

Elessea
That may be the case, but I think as long as Dumbledore was alive Harry wouldn't have found the courage or strength to defeat Voldemort...he HAS to do it ALONE

shaber
It was never going to be as simple as driving a stake through his heart.

atila the great
i think it's regulus black too maybe he decided to turn to the right side (how SW did that sounded when dumbledore says it???) and betrayed voldemort by stealing and destroying the horcux

NightCrawler341
Regulus Black is my guess too. The note did say by the time you read this I will already be dead... but then again I started thinking... Regulus would have had to drink it like Dumbledore and need help.... so what if R.A.B. is three people?

Also, I don't think Snape's fully bad. I think DD wanted Snape to kill him, to help Harry.

DarkCanadian
Nah, R.A.B was one person, who wrote the note. But he probably did have help.

Snape's badass. No doubt.

NightCrawler341
Dumbledore never said what he wanted Snape to do.

Elessea
Yes...I think Snape killed Dumbledore in order to help Harry...((see quote))

TheSun
No way, Snape is going down in Book 7.

Saratn
I don't think its Regulus. Think about it. If he did place the horcrux in the cave, then why did Voldemort kill him, instead of being rewarded. And I think Sirius would know, because, Kreatcher and Sirius's mum would be boasting about it. Just thought I would offer my opinion.

TheSun
Originally posted by Saratn
I don't think its Regulus. Think about it. If he did place the horcrux in the cave, then why did Voldemort kill him, instead of being rewarded. And I think Sirius would know, because, Kreatcher and Sirius's mum would be boasting about it. Just thought I would offer my opinion.
Er, have you read HBP? R.A.B. stole the real Horcrux and replace it with a fake one. I don't think Voldemort's gonna be too pleased that someone ran off with a seventh of his soul.

Saberstylemasta
Look at this quote:

"And Harry saw very clearly as he sat there under the hot sun how people who cared about him had stood in front of him one by one, his mother, his father, his godfather, and finally Dumbledore, all determined to protect him; but now that was over. He could not let anybody else stand between him and Voldemort; he must abandon forever the illusion he ought to have lost at the age of one, that the shelter of a parent's arms meant that nothing could hurt him. There was no waking from this nightmare, no comforting whisper in the dark that he was safe really, that it was all in his imagination; the last and greatest of his protectors had died, and he was more along than he had ever been before." (p.645)

Now that his final protector (Dumbledore) has died, Harry is alone and only alone can he truely be strong enough to defeat Voldemort. He has to go on alone, and he could not do that until he no longer had the protection of Dumbledore and the others. I think his death was eminent and necessary to the continuation and completion of the series.

But what about Mcgonnagol(sp?) Even though she didn't seem like much of an adult figure to Harry before, he did mention in OotP (I'm gonna try to quote, but don't have the book on me) "Dumbledore has been gone before, but never Mcgonagoll, She had always been there, no matter what.( or something like that)

Hermione202
Do you guys think that this R.A.B. person is on the good side or the bad side?

TheSun
Do you guys think that this R.A.B. person is on the good side or the bad side?
I think he's dead. And considering he defied Voldemort, I'm assuming he was, at least at the end of his life, good.

Elessea
Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
But what about Mcgonnagol(sp?) Even though she didn't seem like much of an adult figure to Harry before, he did mention in OotP (I'm gonna try to quote, but don't have the book on me) "Dumbledore has been gone before, but never Mcgonagoll, She had always been there, no matter what.( or something like that)
Yes, but she's not one of the people he mentioned in this passage. And whatever it means, I have a feeling that his is an extreamly important passage yes

Hermione202
I think he's dead. And considering he defied Voldemort, I'm assuming he was, at least at the end of his life, good.

me too.

hotsauce6548
I think Regulus left the note. Who else do we know with the initials 'R' and 'B' ?

That makes no sense at all. no expression

Saberstylemasta
Maybe it's a new charactor?

spidey-carnage
You know the thing about R.A.B being three People, i think it isnt true.
Maybe he replaced the potion with another one so that Dumbledore refused to drink it and said all that stuff? After all he would have to drink it too...

And i have had a very wierd idea, see when Voldemort tried to kill Harry
he transferred some of his own powers into him, so since Harry is the heir of Gryffindor could he be a Horcrux?

GodricaG
Can RAB be anyone other than Regelus Black? I think the real horcrux is hidden at Grimmauld place, unless Mundungus already managed to steal it.

GodricaG
I think Dumbledore believed Snape because Snape loved Lily (which gave him another reason to despise James). I think Harry got it wrong that Snape was sorry James and Lily died. He thought Voldemort would kill James and Harry. He didn't expect Lily to die for Harry.

By the way, any rumors yet on how long we'll have to wait for Book 7? I pretty sure all of us have everything wrong, and Book 7 will be full of surprises we never anticipated.

iluvsirius
Well about the R. A. B thing, person, i dont know...how many people know about the horcruxes now that you think of it... Voldemorts being to obvious then with those horcruxes thingys, dumbledore knew about them now this anonymous R. A. B, just as weird as everything else.

And about Snape...I really think he is evil i mean worse than evil he is VERY EVIL! Cause if it was all part of Dumbledores plan for harry to find the courage why did Dumbledore plead Snape not to do it(kill him) it was clearly stated that when Dumbledore saw Snape he pleaded, not something Dumbledore would do and it is a little strange that Dumbledore the greatest wizard was killed just liked that though and not even Voldemort himself could kill him the year before...Its all very confusing...Oh gosh i wish the last book would come out soon i couldnt sleep at all when i finished the book after crying like a baby after Dumbledores death...I thought this book was very tragic and frustrating...but lets see what she has in the last book maybe there would be something that could cheer me up...

unibrow
yeah but how does anyone know dumbledore was pleading with snape NOT to kill him? maybe he was begging him to kill him....it just seems very strange to me to think that dumbledore trusted snape for just that reason? also why would jkr give us such a forshadowing in the beginning of the book that snape was a two timer unless it was to throw us off?

Director_Joe
Originally posted by GodricaG
I think Dumbledore believed Snape because Snape loved Lily (which gave him another reason to despise James). I think Harry got it wrong that Snape was sorry James and Lily died. He thought Voldemort would kill James and Harry. He didn't expect Lily to die for Harry.

By the way, any rumors yet on how long we'll have to wait for Book 7? I pretty sure all of us have everything wrong, and Book 7 will be full of surprises we never anticipated.

I find it interesting about the whole Snape loves Lily thing... It sounds reasonable. JKR said in an interview that Voldemort gave Lily a choice to move out of the way but she refused. Quite interesting...

Rowling says another 2 years till book 7... I really hope it's longer then book five, I was somewhat disappointed with the length of this book

Elessea
I'ver heard rumors that its going to be pushing 1000 pages happy

Saratn
Er, have you read HBP? R.A.B. stole the real Horcrux and replace it with a fake one. I don't think Voldemort's gonna be too pleased that someone ran off with a seventh of his soul. You obviously don't know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!! Why would Regulus steal the Horcrux, if he worked for Voldemort??? Voldemort would have gotten it back! He knows basically everything. Like he knew that the Prophecy was smashed! So then Voldemort would have known that Regulus stolen it. Plus didn't Sirius say that Regulus wasn't bright or something like that, so how could he have done it??? Hello, THINK!!!

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by spidey-carnage
You know the thing about R.A.B being three People, i think it isnt true.
Maybe he replaced the potion with another one so that Dumbledore refused to drink it and said all that stuff? After all he would have to drink it too...

And i have had a very wierd idea, see when Voldemort tried to kill Harry
he transferred some of his own powers into him, so since Harry is the heir of Gryffindor could he be a Horcrux? Harry's heir of Gryffindor?! Which book says that?

NightCrawler341
You obviously don't know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!! Why would Regulus steal the Horcrux, if he worked for Voldemort??? Voldemort would have gotten it back! He knows basically everything. Like he knew that the Prophecy was smashed! So then Voldemort would have known that Regulus stolen it. Plus didn't Sirius say that Regulus wasn't bright or something like that, so how could he have done it??? Hello, THINK!!! He could have defied Voldemort. And Voldemort only knew the prophecy was smashed because someone told him. I think he was bright enough to steal it and put it in the Blacks house.

Elessea
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
He could have defied Voldemort. And Voldemort only knew the prophecy was smashed because someone told him. I think he was bright enough to steal it and put it in the Blacks house.
yeah...and he may not have known it was a horcrux, he might just have thought it was important/valuable so he stole it

Saratn
No one told him that the prophecy was broke, he knew it was...how could someone tell him when the Death Eaters fought the Order. Has anyone lived if they defied Voldemort??? Regulus isn't that bright from what I've read. And if he did steal the Horcrux, then Voldemort would have killed him himself, instead of someone else.

NightCrawler341
yeah...and he may not have known it was a horcrux, he might just have thought it was important/valuable so he stole it He knew it was a Horcrux, it was in the letter.Originally posted by Saratn
No one told him that the prophecy was broke, he knew it was...how could someone tell him when the Death Eaters fought the Order. Has anyone lived if they defied Voldemort??? Regulus isn't that bright from what I've read. And if he did steal the Horcrux, then Voldemort would have killed him himself, instead of someone else. I remember someone telling him it. And Voldemort doesn't control his DE, at least not back then. Remember, he stole it before Harry was born. Voldemort probably didn't know it was stolen until Regulas stole it, then killed him for doing it.

Saratn
He knew it was a Horcrux, it was in the letter. I remember someone telling him it. And Voldemort doesn't control his DE, at least not back then. Remember, he stole it before Harry was born. Voldemort probably didn't know it was stolen until Regulas stole it, then killed him for doing it. But Sirius said that he wasn't important enough to have been killed by Voldemort, that meant that he didn't steal it. The Horcruxes are important to him, thus Voldemort would have killed him if he indeed stolen it.

NightCrawler341
Voldemort did kill him, and Sirius never said he wasn't important enough to steal a Horcrux because Sirius is dead!

Saratn
That was a typo and in the book it said that "He was probably killed on Voldemort's orders, I doubt he ever was important enough to be killed by Voldemort in person." He also tried to back out on the Dark Lord, it never said anything about stealing.

DarkCanadian
Note the words "probably" and "I doubt".

Saratn
But that doesn't mean it is him. And what of his middle name, how do we know that it starts with an a? For all we know it could start with a z!

DarkCanadian
And for all we know it could be A.

Saratn
How likely would that be though??? I bet that it is a new character, not Regulus. People jump to conclusions all because his first inital is a R, and his last is a B!

DarkCanadian
People jump to conclusions because he is the most likely character to match the mysterious R.A.B. We don't know what his middle initial is, and it is likely that it could be A. And remember that he died; Sirius didn't know how. He assumed. For now, mindlessly contradicting people for believing R. Black is R.A.B. is a very stupid thing to do.

Saratn
I agree, and J.K. Rowling likes to put twists into stories, so it could be him to mess with us, or it might not, for one a lot of people think its him, and two, it could be someone else that was mentioned in one of the books.

hpfanatic99
nobody told Voldemort about the prophecy he read harry's mind read the book.i beleive that it is Regulas too.sorry if i spelled some stuff wrong

Saratn
I don't think that he read their mind. He knows quite a bit of magic, other than reading peoples minds. He was able to speak without actually being at the Ministry.

hpfanatic99
he was there.

DarkCanadian
He was there.

Saratn
NOt at the time he wasn't he was speaking out, then he apperated.

DarkCanadian
No.

"Can't I, Potter?"
(Harry turns around, sees Voldemort pointing his wand at him)

Voldemort apparated behind Harry, THEN spoke.

Saratn
Whoops, forgot about that. I've been doing some thinking, and what about Amelia Bones? She was killed by Voldemort, and Amelia could be her middle name.

DarkCanadian
I doubt Madam Bones would have acted such without informing Dumbledore. She was on his side, remember? But Reg. Black 'backed out' from the Death Eaters. This could be the reason why.

Saratn
It's still a possibility, people said in the book that she was a strong witch, meaning she could have known where the horcrux was and went after it, and she could have been afraid to tell Dumbledore.

Saratn
I bet Regulus backed out because he was scared, not because he stole the horcrux.

DarkCanadian
That's what Sirius thinks. Not knows. And why would she have been afriad to tell Dumbledore? What the f**k?

pinkduckie
But why would R. Black want to destroy he whom must not be names if he worked for him?????

Hermione202
Originally posted by pinkduckie
But why would R. Black want to destroy he whom must not be names if he worked for him?????

because he 'backed out'

spidey-carnage
I don't remember clearly but i think book six mentions that kinda vaguely,
and plus in CoS Dumbledore say to harry when hes unsure if he really should be in Gryffindor that "Only a true Gryiffindor could have pulled the sword (Godric G.'s) out of the hat.

starwarsfreak34
Yes, but there could be some reason that he had to do that we don't know yet, but in the end he's still on their side.

I mean, at the End Harry finally says that now that he doesnt have any adult parent-like figure worrying about him (aka: James, Lily, Dumbledore, Sirius are all gone) he can go off and defeat Voldemort. It gives him a reason to leave school and therefore move on to bigger and more important things. So perhaps Snape knew he had to kill Dumbledore in order to give Harry the strength to defeat Voldemort...

i agree that snape is not on voldys side. i return to a very old theory about snape in love with lily, and i wonder i JK might just pull it off (what other reason would dumbledore have for trusting that snape was really sorry for what he did if that 'personal risk' was not that snape loved lily? maybe he hates harry and james cox he thinks harry should have been his son? (oh, and that means snape must have been acting on dds say so to kill him)

Saratn
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
That's what Sirius thinks. Not knows. And why would she have been afriad to tell Dumbledore? What the f**k? Well for one, she could have been afraid, because anyone could have been a Death Eater, that meant, someone could have heard about it. Another thing, why would he tell his Death Eaters? I'm sure he would want to keep it a secret.

Saratn
because he 'backed out' Well he didn't get too far, no one backs out on the Dark Lord.

Sakura-Chan

wow.. i couldnt really thing about it at all.. it prolly is him cuz hes dead... remember that the rab charactor said he'd be dead... but then i thought he supported voldermort.... but i guess didnt want to anymore...

orient_celts

Me as well. I thought it would yet be another character JKR will unveil for us readers. My guess was running from a former classmate of the Marauders to old professors call back to teach at the school. Never thought it was Snape.

spidey-carnage
Hey ive found another name like that
Bertram Aubrey, It says on pg 497,Chapter 24 (Sectumsempra in HBP)
that James and Sirius got into detention for playing a trick on him,
This is when Harry is doing detention with Snape.
It could be that the Surname came first like Black, Sirius
and his first name/middle name cold start with R, some people write theeir initials mixed up, like TGR instead of RTG

tigress
Voldie is very boastfull about his endeavour to his loyal ones, I still think Regalus is R.A.B

HimoKun

No, Snape didn't love Lily. In the flashback he called her a mudblood and didn't want her help. That's a whole lot of lobing, ain't it?

crazy_c
well he wouldn't want anyone to know how he felt, so maybe the whole mudblood thing was a cover up to hide his love for her...

Mr. Bacon
anyone else think book 7 is going to be the longest yet?

crazy_c
well, jk says she's trying not to make it too long, but ya never know.

DarkCanadian
She's going for 1000 pages.

HimoKun
Ya, 1000 with 20 point font.

TheSun
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
She's going for 1000 pages.
No, she said it will probably be shorter than OotP, and take a further 2 years to write.

GraciePoo
i thnik its possible that regulus is the RAB. cuz lupin said that it took almost a year for karkaroff to be killed, but regulus was killed in a few days. what would regulus have to have done to make voldie want to kill him so fast?

ladygrim
wink good thinking

GraciePoo
thanks!! big grin

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by GraciePoo
i thnik its possible that regulus is the RAB. cuz lupin said that it took almost a year for karkaroff to be killed, but regulus was killed in a few days. what would regulus have to have done to make voldie want to kill him so fast?

Yes, good thinking.

Dresta
2 years until the next book comes out thats so long she should have waited a year and then released HBP and released book 7 soon after.

GodricaG
Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
i agree that snape is not on voldys side. i return to a very old theory about snape in love with lily, and i wonder i JK might just pull it off (what other reason would dumbledore have for trusting that snape was really sorry for what he did if that 'personal risk' was not that snape loved lily? maybe he hates harry and james cox he thinks harry should have been his son? (oh, and that means snape must have been acting on dds say so to kill him) I know this is weird speculation, but here goes. What if the horcrux was actually the liquid? Maybe Dumbledore becomes the horcrux and is actually pleading with Snape to kill him, to destroy part of Voldemort's soul? Dumbledore would want to die before that part became too strong. Also, all the horcruxes must be destroyed before Voldemort can be killed. He certainly wouldn't want Harry to have to kill him. Why would he freeze Harry if he didn't want to die?

Quid Pro Quo
Because he wanted Harry to remain safe in the darkness because it is most likely that multiple death eaters could have killed Harry if he was revealed with Dumbledore.

DanZeke25
I know this is weird speculation, but here goes. What if the horcrux was actually the liquid? Maybe Dumbledore becomes the horcrux and is actually pleading with Snape to kill him, to destroy part of Voldemort's soul? Dumbledore would want to die before that part became too strong. Also, all the horcruxes must be destroyed before Voldemort can be killed. He certainly wouldn't want Harry to have to kill him. Why would he freeze Harry if he didn't want to die?

its a good idea but no, it cant be, because R.A.B said that he stole the Horcrux and repleced it with a fake one.

before i say who i think R.A.B is i have to say something. I cant believe how many people are saying that Snape is still a good guy, and that he killed Dumbledore for Harry. Come on, he killed dumbledore, he is a death eater, he tipped off voldemort about the prophecy, and everything. There is no way he did this for Harry. I admit before this book came out i was starting to believe that Snape was good. But no. I am back to hating him as much as before. I hope he dies so bad.

now for the R.A.B, i guess it could be Regulas, but i would rather it some guy entirely different that we dont know about. I've got one theory about this, but im not good at theorys so....

I think that Snape tipped off Voldemort that Dumbledore was leaving the castle to do "stuff" and probaly told Voldemort that Slughorn was in Hogwarts. Voldemort might have thought that SLughorn would tell for be forced to tell about Horcruxes, so Voldemort thought that Dumbledore was going off to find the Horcruxes. I think that maybe Voldemort went to the cave got the Horcrux and repleced it with a fake one and a fake note pretending to be someone that stole the Horcrux. I dont think Dumbledore would have died if he hadnt drunk the potion to try and the the Horcrux. I think it might have been all a setup by Voldemort to weaken Dumbledore and make it easier to kill him, and that he still has the Horcrux thats in the locket.

my theory is probaly way off, but i thought i'd just throw that out there.

IceWithin
I think the R.A.B is someone who has not been mentioned in the books yet, someone completely new although maybe he's parented to someone important in the books or something like that... but I doubt it was Voldemort himself the one who changed the lockets and I doubt it's Regulus Black too

spidey-carnage
Could sirius come back, if you look where JKR got the name for him ,
Sirius is also the brightest star in the sky it is also called the dog star, hence sirius tuns into a dog when he transforms into his animagus form.
astronomers have also discovered that sirus has another star with it, since sirius was so bright is outshone the other smaller star, so does sirus have another brother?
whose initials could be R.A. Black?

IceWithin
I VERY much doubt it Regulus, he looked like such a wuss, I'll bet anything it's not him!!!

HimoKun
Originally posted by GraciePoo

Lupin says it's surprising how long Karkaroff lives, and that normally someone would die in a few days, not take a year.

zombieman
I think Dumbledore instructed Snape to kill him, in the tower after he had drunk the potion he asks Harry to fetch Snape. I think Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him to save Draco Malfoy, Dumbledore could see that Malfoy was innocent and didn't want to become a killer. I think Dumbledore knew his time was up soon anyway, and when he heard how Voldemort was using Malfoy, he instructed Snape to make the unbreakable bond.

Maybe Malfoy will have an important role in the next book, I honestly think there will be one final twist regarding which side snape is on before the end of the saga.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by zombieman
I think Dumbledore instructed Snape to kill him, in the tower after he had drunk the potion he asks Harry to fetch Snape. I think Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him to save Draco Malfoy, Dumbledore could see that Malfoy was innocent and didn't want to become a killer. I think Dumbledore knew his time was up soon anyway, and when he heard how Voldemort was using Malfoy, he instructed Snape to make the unbreakable bond.

Maybe Malfoy will have an important role in the next book, I honestly think there will be one final twist regarding which side snape is on before the end of the saga.

No, he told Harry to get Snape because Snape would know how to cure him, and because Dumbledore trusted Snape to help him. I still will not believe that Snape is still good. ANd i cant wait until Harry gets too him.

Court Radcliffe
Here's what I think. Maybe Voldy planted the note to trick people and the liquid was the horcrox.

MetallicaT
Originally posted by zombieman
good point...maybe when Dumbledore was pleading with snape saying, "serveus....please" he was pleading with him to kill him

Elysian_Malfoy
I'm surprised no one has noticed a key factor in this. My mum noticed it before I did. Does anyone recall the conversation Harry overheard between Dumbledore and Snape? The one stating something along the lines of, "I don't want to do this....." "You must see it through Severus"
This leads me to believe that Snape is indeed still working for Dumbledore. Dumbledore already knew what Malfoy was up to long before he reached the boy. Not to mention the intense amount of stalling he had done to just sit and wait for Snape and the Death Eaters rather than go after them, or find some other way to stop Malfoy. Not to mention the fact that he immobilized Harry. To say that he had immobilized him because of the other DE is ridiculous. Dumbledore has seen Harry face DE before, he knows that Harry could have held his own. However, if Dumbledore did not want Harry to stop Snape, there would have been a very good reason for him immobilizing him. He knew that Harry would want to kill Snape, knew that Harry would not understand fully, and thus, stopped him from making the attempt.
Also, make note of the mini-duel between Snape and Harry when Snape was running away. True, Snape was not allowed to kill Harry, but that is not to say he was not allowed to injure him or cause any form of harm to him. Why didn't he then? Why did he just block everything Harry threw at him, and then in a last ditch effort, just tossed him backwards without any real harm? I think Dumbledore did indeed want to save Malfoy, I also think there was mroe to why he would have planned his own death. Another quick point, this being about the vow, if you noticed, Snape was very hesitant to make it anyway. This could be because of what it entailed, but it could also be because he was still working for Dumbledore. I don't think it's safe to rule him out as a good guy yet.

DanZeke25
All these are good ideas.. but i still think Snape is bad.

Elysian_Malfoy
oops. I messed up. It was Hagrid whom overheard the conversation. Anyway, here's the exact line

andyb44
Hi, anyone remember the scene in OotP where they're cleaning out Sirius' house, and they mention a large gold locket that no one can open? It's in the scene with the megical music box that lulls everyone into a stuper before Ginny closes it.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I didn't read through all the posts.

Director_Joe
Yeah I remember... I think that just might be the horcrux...

ladygrim
big grin oh yeah wink

Saratn
It isn't the horcrux. Sirius would have mentioned it didn't belong to family or something. He despised his family, and would have gotten rid of it right away. And Kreatcher would take it, but Sirius would have eventully found it and thrown it away. What I'm getting at is the locket belongs to the Blacks, not the Slytherin's, and that Black isn't related to Slytherin, the Dark Lord is. The locket had an S it think on it, and Sirius would have said that it wasn't his, and I doubt he would have it thrown out. It would have looked suspicous if it didn't have the Black family crest on it.

TheSun
It isn't the horcrux. Sirius would have mentioned it didn't belong to family or something. He despised his family, and would have gotten rid of it right away. And Kreatcher would take it, but Sirius would have eventully found it and thrown it away. What I'm getting at is the locket belongs to the Blacks, not the Slytherin's, and that Black isn't related to Slytherin, the Dark Lord is. The locket had an S it think on it, and Sirius would have said that it wasn't his, and I doubt he would have it thrown out. It would have looked suspicous if it didn't have the Black family crest on it.
Totally disagree, if Regulus stole the locket, it's obviously going to end up in his house. Sirius was only here for a shory whie, and he didn't know what was being thrown out, he missed loads of things.

ladygrim
^ for the first time ever i agree with you there

< sirius had been locked away fr 13 yrs so how would he know what his relative where bringing into the house and for wot reason and dont think ever item of value in the black family household has o have the cresent on

GraciePoo
ya i totally agree with that whole locket thing, its definitly suspicious. and Himo Kun, the actual quote from Lupin is "im suprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the death eaters; sirius' brothers regulus only managed a few days as far as i can remember." its on page 103. i definitly think that theres more to snape than what we know. JK's definitly going to throw in some twists about him before the end.

Hermione202
Totally disagree, if Regulus stole the locket, it's obviously going to end up in his house. Sirius was only here for a shory whie, and he didn't know what was being thrown out, he missed loads of things.

i agree

Fwiw187
I thought, as i was reading the book, that harry is one of the final horcurx and i also belive snap is still good and that DD knew couldn't help Harry anymore

Saratn
Not true. He's been stuck their since Dumbledore told Mcgonnagal about getting the old people back together, until he died. I'm sure he would have noticed if something was their that didn't belong, and he would have told somebody if he thought it was suspicious. My point being, is that Regulus wouldn't be that stupid to put the horcrux their (if it was him that is) the Dark Lord would be able to get to it easily. Surely he would have some connection to the horcruxes if he split his soul into them.

DanZeke25
If it is in Sirius's house, i bet Mundangus stole it.

Saratn
I doubt he did. Harry made it clear that he'll kill him if he was to steal anything else. If anyone was to steal it, it would have been Kreatcher.

GraciePoo
I dunno Mundugus might have been stealing things for a long time before Harry found out. For all we know he might have already sold it to someone. and if Mundungus already sold it, it could already be back in the dark lords hands. and if kreatcher stole it, it might be back in voldie's hands too.

Saratn
Good theory but I don't think that's possible. Someone would have noticed if he was stealing something from the house. And Kreatcher wouldn't give up anything that was in the Black's house.

Saratn
Originally posted by ladygrim
^ for the first time ever i agree with you there

< sirius had been locked away fr 13 yrs so how would he know what his relative where bringing into the house and for wot reason and dont think ever item of value in the black family household has o have the cresent on
They said that Kreatcher and the picture of his mother wee the only ones living in the house. So that doesn't mean a thing. Kreatcher didn't have to worry about his master's belongings getting chucked out, so he didn't have to get rid of them. If the locket was the horcrux, it would still be their. Kreathcer could've given it to anyone, because, Dumbledore would have found out, when he was talking to him. Mundugus would've stolen it when Sirius was alive either. He didn't steal his things until he was dead. No one could break in, unless Dumbledore gave the location of the Order of the Phoenix. Everything of the Black's has the family crest on it. So what if the locket had the crest on it??? Those were the things Sirius was trying to get rid of, because they reminded him of his family.

GraciePoo
didn't steal things until he was dead.

I agree with you there, but do we know how long until after sirius was dead that mundungus started stealing stuff?

GraciePoo
you right, kreatcher wouldnt just give away black stuff, unless he gave it to bella. i mean shes a black, and he loves her. and she probably would have given it back to voldie, unless she wanted to like be more owerful than him and tried to destroy it so she could destroy him..... big fight....sorry im going into some serious conspiracy theory lol.

Fwiw187
I LOVE SNAPE!!!

Jana
I HATE SNAPE!!!! happy

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Jana
I HATE SNAPE!!!!

AngelGirl
i think R.A.B is Seriuses brother! if u think about it, it make's sence!

Saratn
You might what to explain why it makes sense, other than his initials are R.A.B. because that's the only thing people came up with, besides the fact he was killed by the Dark Lord. Loads of people have been killed by him, so that doesn't mean iRegulus is the mysterious R.A.B. and it didn't even say his middle name. People assume the A is part of his middle name, from his father or something along the lines.

TheSun
You might what to explain why it makes sense, other than his initials are R.A.B. because that's the only thing people came up with, besides the fact he was killed by the Dark Lord. Loads of people have been killed by him, so that doesn't mean iRegulus is the mysterious R.A.B. and it didn't even say his middle name. People assume the A is part of his middle name, from his father or something along the lines. Regulus had an uncle Alphard, could have gotten the name from him.

Hermione202
Regulus had an uncle Alphard, could have gotten the name from him.

I have to agree .

sailorsun004
I have to agree, that makes sense. I want to ask something, But everyone has been putting the highlight tag thing on quotes from the 6 book and i am wondering If i should...even though its not really a quote...plus i dont know the tag, please help
!

div
something i.ve been wondering is where book seven will go . harry doesnt plan to return to school so... dus the book just feature harrys adventure to destroy the horcruxes or does he go bck to school?? or does ron and hermione run away to help harry ??

Saratn
That doesn't make sense at all. None of my friends have middle names from relatives, so why would people think that he does??? I mean it's a good theory, but I HIGHLY doubt that his middle name comes from his uncle.

sailorsun004
anyway vodamort got his middle from his grandfather, and my brother got his from my uncle

Hermione202
Harry 'James' Potter - James is Harry's fathers name .

Tom 'Marvolo' Riddle- Marvolo is Voldermort's Grandfather's name .

It does make sense

Celestialgirl
Regulus Black is my guess too. The note did say by the time you read this I will already be dead... but then again I started thinking... Regulus would have had to drink it like Dumbledore and need help.... so what if R.A.B. is three people?

Also, I don't think Snape's fully bad. I think DD wanted Snape to kill him, to help Harry.

YES!!! I totally agree with you! I mean I'm not a big fan of Snape but reading the 6th book made it look like he was evil but I couldn't feel him beeing evil maybe as others say Snape had to kill him not only to fulfill Snape's plans but Dumbledores.

Saratn
Why is it everytime I say something someone always has to counter it? huh Well I think its just a coincidence that they have names from their relatives.

div
i dont think tht R.A.B is regulus black ,reason being hes not a skilled enough wizard to escape the location of the horcrux also it has been proven tht more than one person has to be there to make it out alive

DanZeke25
This is probaly unlikely but..

What if all this was a setup by Voldemort. Maybe Snape told Voldemort that Dumbledore has been leaving the school secretly. Maybe Voldemort thought that Dumbledore might be after the horcruxes, so he went to every horcrux he has, and removed them and put them in a different place. Maybe he went to the cave took out the real one and put in the fake one. And made up some foney letter and name. Or maybe he purposely put the intials R.A.B. so everyone would think its Regulas.

who knows

Hermione202
Originally posted by DanZeke25
This is probaly unlikely but..

What if all this was a setup by Voldemort. Maybe Snape told Voldemort that Dumbledore has been leaving the school secretly. Maybe Voldemort thought that Dumbledore might be after the horcruxes, so he went to every horcrux he has, and removed them and put them in a different place. Maybe he went to the cave took out the real one and put in the fake one. And made up some foney letter and name. Or maybe he purposely put the intials R.A.B. so everyone would think its Regulas.

who knows

thats a bit......................unliely , I mean , think about it . Its not Voldermort's way of operating his plans , its to unlikely

Originally posted by Celestialgirl
YES!!! I totally agree with you! I mean I'm not a big fan of Snape but reading the 6th book made it look like he was evil but I couldn't feel him beeing evil maybe as others say Snape had to kill him not only to fulfill Snape's plans but Dumbledores.

I disagree strongly , because it takes a great amount of hate to kill someone .

DanZeke25
thats a bit......................unliely , I mean , think about it . Its not Voldermort's way of operating his plans , its to unlikely

which is why i said its unlikely

AngelGirl

RAB could be Regulus A. Black, but hes dead just because he's dead it does not mean that he did not exchange the lockets first! He was a death eater after all! anyway Jk Rolling might just be pretending hes dead then he suddenly becomes the new defence against the dark arts teacher in book 7!

AngelGirl

I disagree strongly , because it takes a great amount of hate to kill someone . or a great amount of love!

div
hey ppl wantin to tok i asked u to meet here so post your thoughts please

~*Angel_Wingz*~
what if R.A.B isnt the initials of a name but of something eles? i dont think a new character like sirius' brother is going to be added in the last book, i think its someone we already know...?

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by AngelGirl
i think R.A.B is Seriuses brother! if u think about it, it make's sence!

Thats who I think also.

smile

eternitygoddess
I don't think so. Come on people, you should all know by now that J.K. Rowling does not go for the obvious. Everyone thought that the Half-Blood Prince was Harry or Voldemort or Hagrid, no one guessed Snape. For all we know, R.A.B could be two people or even a group. We need to start thinking outside the box.

APIECEOFME
I agree that Regalus would be too obvious, but as for it being more than one person...the note found in the locket used the word "I" like 6 or 7 times. Wouldn't the note have said "we" instead. No I definately think it is one person. Who, I don't know yet, but just one. That's just my opinion though.

Unicor777
I think RAB might be regulus and something related to his death, something that (we) Harry will have to find out in the next book, or

RAB can be something related with the private lessons that Dumbledore (GOD Bless his soul) was giving Harry, what is to say, with Tom's past, before he becoming a Dark Lord, or

RAB is nothing, that Dumbledore invented to keep Tom Riddle bussy, and give Harry time to find the other pieces of Voldermort's soul.

div
why dont we all suggest the names tht we think it myt be and discuss the possibilites ...it may have something to do the four founders?

Saratn
Well I don't think J.K will go for Regulus being the R.A.B. its a bit I don't know...obvious, and who knows if his middle name even starts with an a,

Hermione202
Originally posted by div
why dont we all suggest the names tht we think it myt be and discuss the possibilites ...it may have something to do the four founders?

thats what we're doing.....................i don't think its the founders.......................

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>