"Nacho Libre" (Hess Bros. Project)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Nacho Libre

It's written and directed by the Hess brothers who brought us "Napoleon Dynamite", and it's starring Jack Black, due in 2006.

crickey77
I just heard about this one. I think it could be pretty funny. Btwn Jack Black and the Napoleon Dynamite guys, sounds like a good combo to me. Have you heard any other recent news about it?

Solo
I disliked "Napoleon Dynamite", although I am a huge fan of JB's. So I'll be seeing this.

crickey77
yeah, i bet a lot of JB fans see this one just for him.

Mando
Jack Black is histerical is just about every comedy he is in.

The only comedy I can think of where he isn't funny, is "The Cable Guy".

I'll be seeing this.

MildPossession
I'll wait till dvd, didn't think much of Napoleon Dynamite.

Nevermind
Big fan of Napoleon Dynamite and I think Jack Black is okay. Definitely sounds like an interesting movie. I think I'll watch this.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, I just saw the trailer for this...It looks good. I love it when Jack Black goes loco, ese.

edwinian
*bump

been subscribing to the podcasts for this movie and they're pretty cool. saw the trailer in the theater and laughed my ass off.

Wolfie
This will go up there with Jack Black's other fine works such as Shallow Hal and Envy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Wolfie
This will go up there with Jack Black's other fine works such as Shallow Hal and Envy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's had better. sick

Solo
Originally posted by Wolfie
This looks much more promising then those two releases.

Wolfie
Originally posted by DarkWizard
He's had better. sick
I know. I'm just saying a movie starring Jack Black from the creators of Napoleon Dynamite looks like a disaster in the making.

systemshock2
Best part in the trailer was when he's showing off his new clothes to that nun, and then he flexes his butt cheeks into a wedgie. Awesome stuff. This movie will be so much fun to see. Can't wait until it comes out.

DarkWizard
I hope this movie doesn't turn out to be a piece of shit.

edwinian
Originally posted by systemshock2
Best part in the trailer was when he's showing off his new clothes to that nun, and then he flexes his butt cheeks into a wedgie. Awesome stuff. This movie will be so much fun to see. Can't wait until it comes out.

that parts hilarious. at first i thought the nun was penelope cruz, but it's not.

WrathfulDwarf
Ignoring all the bad reviews and the advise of my buddies to skip Nacho Libre....I still went to see it.

All my spectations sunk during the film.

I was hoping to get a little history of the Mexican Luchadores from 70's like Santo and Blue Demon or other icons....Of course that is not what the film is about. It's about a guy who puts on a mask and tries to save an orphanage....pretty noble right? Well, sure it is...but it completely collapse.

What you get instead is Jack Black (in his typical clumsy characters) falling down, crashing into things, looking like an idiot, hitting his head...etc..etc...there was a sense of friendship and stuff with the pretty looking nun...but that just didn't fit in to be honest. It was just out of place. Very disappointed...I really wanted this movie to take off....but it just use the usual fart jokes to try and balance itself...just wasn't enough.

WD awards Nacho Libre

2 out of 5

Myth
I was pretty disappointed myself. It is just filled with jokes. Some are really funny but others are just really not even funny. They really lowered the film in my mind.

office jesus
Jack Black playing a Hispanic? Some funny shit.

Myth
Have you seen it or are you just going off the trailer?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I finally saw Nacho Libre last night. I laughed quite a few times, and it was a very cute movie. I loved every face Jack Black pulled, they were all perfect.

It's not a great movie, but it's fun and nicely played.

SnakeEyes
I saw this movie a couple months ago.

Needless to say... it was horrible.

I laughed at a few scenes, but mostly just thought it tried to hard to be abstract and failed.

The pros:
- Jack Black in lots of scenes.

The cons:
- Everything else. And I mean that pretty literally.

Wolfie
I saw it when it came out. I might've laughed once the whole movie.

I have very little faith in a movie starring Jack Black. He's funny, but only in small doses (Orange County, Saving Silverman).

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If you know that you only like Jack Black in small doses why the hell would you watch a movie he headlines?

Seems like an exercise in futility, if ever there was one.

(There was)

Wolfie
Friends and coworkers were raving about it to me. I respect them enough to give it a chance.

And I can't very well say for sure it's bad if I've never seen it, can I?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If I only liked Jack Black in small doses, then I probably wouldn't watch a movie where he is the main character. My brain would tell me not to, and I would obey.

WrathfulDwarf
This is one of those films you can watch on cable tv on a boring lazy afternoon sunday.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, I'd go along with that. It's a nice, cute movie. Nothing more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.