Thanos vs. The Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thanos

vs.

The Authority

whirlysplat
The Doctor turns him into a Pretzel big grin

keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

the Darkone
The Doctor will be the first one taken out, he has fought odin, glalactus, maker (beyonder),magus etc. you don't think he wouldn't take out their best weapon out you a really sick in the head. Thanos takes out the doctor and every body else falls into place.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone
The Doctor will be the first one taken out, he has fought odin, glalactus, maker (beyonder),magus etc. you don't think he wouldn't take out their best weapon out you a really sick in the head. Thanos takes out the doctor and every body else falls into place.

Hmm and he does this before the Doctor turns him into a Pretzel or afterwardsbig grin

Noconfused i am not sick in the head, why do you say that confused

Your not very old are youbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Be over 13 on the forum rock

Stay politebig grin

Stay Whirly rock

CorderaMitchell
lol

Khellendros
Yeah, the Authority puts up a good fight, but Thanos, being an Eternal, could probably resist the Doctor's matter manipulation. So, unless the Doctor can stay alive long enough to do some BFR, Thanos will win eventually.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Khellendros
Yeah, the Authority puts up a good fight, but Thanos, being an Eternal, could probably resist the Doctor's matter manipulation. So, unless the Doctor can stay alive long enough to do some BFR, Thanos will win eventually.

Why will being an Eternal stop magic?

Please explain your theorybig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

long pig
What's BFR?
Explain damn you!

Solidus Snake
the authority wins

hawksmoor prolly could phase punch a hole thru thaons and kill him

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
the authority wins

He probably couldbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Khellendros
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Why will being an Eternal stop magic?

Please explain your theorybig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock
It may be magic, but the effect is just matter manipulation, the kind Silver Surfer and most Eternals can do. You can't kill an Eternal unless you dispese their molecules, and with Thanos' enhancements, I don't see the Doctor doing that before he gets killed

Originally posted by long pig
What's BFR?
Explain damn you!
BattleField Removal. As in teleporting Thanos elsewhere.

the authority wins

Phase punch? What exactly is that?

Solidus Snake
he phases and solidifies half way through you in a punch

DigiMark007
With the phase punch...he can't phase people, just cities...and as previously stated, Thanos can only be killed by displacing his molecules. Phase punch or not, it won't do much to him. Anyone below Thanos, The Authority destroys them, but this is a good fight. And honestly, given the Doctor's powers, if he was smart about it he could probably beat Thanos as well, but I don't see it happening if they actually fought.

-DM

kgkg
he phases and solidifies half way through you in a punch
SS can do that, anybody with matter manipulation ( people who can change themselves can do it)

Thanos won't be turned into anything, he survived the trip to Nexus (where he was basically shattered)

Thanks to death Thanos is nearly unstoppable

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by DigiMark007
With the phase punch...he can't phase people, just cities...and as previously stated, Thanos can only be killed by displacing his molecules. Phase punch or not, it won't do much to him. Anyone below Thanos, The Authority destroys them, but this is a good fight. And honestly, given the Doctor's powers, if he was smart about it he could probably beat Thanos as well, but I don't see it happening if they actually fought.

-DM

please read the authority where jack killed regis please.

thx

DigiMark007
Ok, fair enough (I've read it...he basically owns Regis, but it didn't look like your "phase punch" to me...it just looked like he tore him apart with fists of rage). But as I stated, it still won't do anything to Thanos.

-DM

Scoobless
he popped out of the ground underneath regis and tore him apart... looked like he punched straight through him... nothing to suggest phasing

i think the Authority could stop one of Thanos' plans... but they may run into trouble if they get dragged into a head on battle with him

Laminator_X
The Regis was no Thanos.

The Doctor could beat Thanos if he gets a leg up on him. Thanos could also wipe out half the Authority in one blow if he strikes first.

Any fight with the Doctor in it is kind of like Schroedinger's Cat. Either the Doctor makes it all go away, or he doesn't; and there's really no way to say in the abstract. The Doctor's really on a different level. If he weren't such a flake he'd be godlike. The Psycho Doctor from the 60's spanked the rest of the Authority + parallel world reinforcements, and he was just toying with them.

supremthor
if thers alot of sun apollo takes thanos

Solidus Snake
apollo could never ever take thanos

i reread the authority...and u guys are right.

color me humiliated smile

Khellendros
Originally posted by kgkg
SS can do that, anybody with matter manipulation ( people who can change themselves can do it)

Thanos won't be turned into anything, he survived the trip to Nexus (where he was basically shattered)

Thanks to death Thanos is nearly unstoppable
Even without Death, he's still an Eternal with all kinda of power nehancements. He's a b*tch to kill in any state.

Originally posted by supremthor
if thers alot of sun apollo takes thanos
No. Apollo after a sundip could only hope to stall Thanos for a while. In the end, though, Thanos is just too durable.

kgkg
Originally posted by Khellendros
Even without Death, he's still an Eternal with all kinda of power nehancements. He's a b*tch to kill in any state.

Agreed

What hasn't he done.

Has defeated the Elders
***** slaps guys like thor , Hulk , Silver Surfer
Outsmarts the likes of Doom etc
Durability to hang with Odin, Tyrant (where other top notch hero don't last much)
Can teleport, Can trap someone like mad Thor with power gem (someone that Strange, and Warlock couldn't contain)

Apparently Thanos has never been truly tested ( before battling Odin)

Thanos is the second best villain out there

That's why I pity Darkseid

leonidas
second best?

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
second best?
ya

Joker is tha best

Laminator_X
Is Apollo's equal to Odin? That's what it takes so beat Thanos in a head-on fight. Even if Apollo were able build up that level of power (which he might be), he cant sustain it. He uses up his stored energy in his attacks. A battered but still spoiling for a fight Thanos will crush Apollo as he starts to run down.

Jenny Quantum might be able to out-power Thanos, but Apollo is overmatched.

Thanos is also a better tactician than all of them except the Midnighter. Unless they "Door" onto the bridge of Sanctuary V or something theyd be lucky if Thanos just brawls with them. Even then, in the battle for the Cube way back, he beat the Avengers, the Thing, Mar-Vell, Moondragon, etc. all without working up much of a sweat. He also carries a nuke on his person, just for laughs.

Again, this all assumes the Doctor hasn't just turned him back into a statue.

leonidas
joker?! with your love of ss, i'd NEVER have begged you for a joker fan. i figured it was some almighty cosmic dude. and thanos USED to be ultimately cool back when he first gained some prominence. fighting the first cap marvel and warlock - i have most of those issues. after they brought him back it wasn't the same. they made him TOO tough. like they seem to be doing to everyone nowadays.

sad

late

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
joker?! with your love of ss, i'd NEVER have begged you for a joker fan. i figured it was some almighty cosmic dude. and thanos USED to be ultimately cool back when he first gained some prominence. fighting the first cap marvel and warlock - i have most of those issues. after they brought him back it wasn't the same. they made him TOO tough. like they seem to be doing to everyone nowadays.

sad

late
I don't love SS lol

I just happened to have read all his comics (at least I hope)

ya they made Thanos too powerful , and he is always finding a way to be #1

power ups yes , apparently darksied went the opposite direction

DigiMark007
Apollo would never beat Thanos in a million years. And I've said this before, but usually saying "Who can the Authority beat?" is basically saying "Who can the Doctor beat?" A few would be able to hang out in the "herald-level" section of the restaurant (Angie, Apollo, Jack with the right conditions) but none but The D are near Thanos. If they used Carrier doors, all of their resources, and basically bought time for The Doctor they coudl probably do it...but everything would have to go right and I still say Thanos wins more often than not.

But the Doctor's matter control is damn close to limitless, and all he has to do is think about it. Since he once grew in strength and size many hundreds of times, I'd assume he could simply make himself a Class Infinity and throw Thanos to the next galaxy or at least knock him out or something. He's also sent people to different dimensions and traveled time. He could go back to when Thanos had a self-defeating personality and whup on him bad. They might never kill Thanos, but The Doctor could definitely "win" the fight.

Problem is, he's never written to potential since it would make some story arcs boring...though they've been creative with giving reasons for him not intervening (comatose from an overdose, doesn't agree with The Authority, loses his powers to an evil Doctor, is just learning to use his powers, etc.). But if they ever decide to write him to full potential I have a feeling a Doctor vs. Odin/Galactus/Abstracts/teams of magic-people, etc. thread wouldn't be out of the question (just one-on-one though, not at the same time).

-DM

Scoobless
aren't the Doctor's powers linked to the Earth? being as he's only Earth's shaman and not Shaman of the multiverse..... wouldn't he have to be on or near one of the various parallel Earth's to be useful?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
aren't the Doctor's powers linked to the Earth? being as he's only Earth's shaman and not Shaman of the multiverse..... wouldn't he have to be on or near one of the various parallel Earth's to be useful?

In theory, that makes sense, but it hasn't seemed to stop him. The evil Doctor casually remarked that he could eat the sun if he wanted to (and he fought Apollo inside the sun with no ill effects), and a former Doctor (in the "Garden of Ancestral Memory"wink seemed to fully believe that the evil Doctor could destroy all life in the universe, perhaps multiverse....in any case, I forget the exact words but he was worried about more than just Earth.

The Doctor, being an "Enlightened Being" (and also somewhat of a flake about his powers) tries to preserve life and hasn't really tested his limits, but given the evidence I see no reason why he would have power only with Earth-related things.

-DM

whirlysplat
In theory, that makes sense, but it hasn't seemed to stop him. The evil Doctor casually remarked that he could eat the sun if he wanted to (and he fought Apollo inside the sun with no ill effects), and a former Doctor (in the "Garden of Ancestral Memory"wink seemed to fully believe that the evil Doctor could destroy all life in the universe, perhaps multiverse....in any case, I forget the exact words but he was worried about more than just Earth.

The Doctor, being an "Enlightened Being" (and also somewhat of a flake about his powers) tries to preserve life and hasn't really tested his limits, but given the evidence I see no reason why he would have power only with Earth-related things.

-DM
Indeed the Doctor still turns Thanos into a Pretzelbig grin

homer mmmmmmmm Pretzelsbig grin

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock

DigiMark007
Though he seems to be slightly sarcastic with his remarks, I'd have to disagree with whirly...Khell made some good points earlier about matter manipulation not working that easily on Thanos. But still, The Doctor has plenty of other options that I detailed earlier. It would be an interesting fight.

whirlysplat
Of Course Matter Manipulation will workbig grin

Thanos is a pretzelbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

kgkg
Though he seems to be slightly sarcastic with his remarks, I'd have to disagree with whirly...Khell made some good points earlier about matter manipulation not working that easily on Thanos. But still, The Doctor has plenty of other options that I detailed earlier. It would be an interesting fight.
Matter Manipulation won't work

The nexus was manipulating his matter and changing his form. (thanks to death shit like that has very little effect , even before death ( he is a manipulator himself)

whirlysplat
Originally posted by kgkg
Matter Manipulation won't work

The nexus was manipulating his matter and changing his form. (thanks to death shit like that has very little effect , even before death ( he is a manipulator himself)

His not a MM on the Docs scale big grin as for the Doc he just makes himself infinitely strong "infinite" is word of the day homer

And beats Thanos upbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Thanos Diesbig grin

Jenny Quantum beats Thanos, he loses to a 5 year old big grin

Stay Whirly rock

the Darkone
Changing thanos molecules or turning him into a pretzel won't work at all. Death has cursed him he can't die by no means, th doctor doesn't have intelligence like thanos who is over 5000 years old and highly smart one of the smartest beings in the marvel universe and maybe in comics.

Thanos as eternal can increase his own powers at will he has vast mental powers that he uses to protect his mind from mind attacks he has cosmic and plasma energy projection which he can fuse both power sources into a divesting blast. Plus he will tare authority a new a$$hole this is the same being who had destroyed the marvel universe on more than one occasion.

The Aurthority is dead on rival.

whirlysplat
Jeeny Quantum and the Doctor destroy Thanosbig grin

and noone really knows how jacks exploding punches work his not really strong enough to do what he is supposed to so..................
how?

Keep the faithbig grin

Thanos is a Pretzelbig grin

Stay Whirlybig grin

DigiMark007
Originally posted by the Darkone
Changing thanos molecules or turning him into a pretzel won't work at all. Death has cursed him he can't die by no means, th doctor doesn't have intelligence like thanos who is over 5000 years old and highly smart one of the smartest beings in the marvel universe and maybe in comics.

Thanos as eternal can increase his own powers at will he has vast mental powers that he uses to protect his mind from mind attacks he has cosmic and plasma energy projection which he can fuse both power sources into a divesting blast. Plus he will tare authority a new a$$hole this is the same being who had destroyed the marvel universe on more than one occasion.

The Aurthority is dead on rival.

1. The only time he destroyed MU was with help from more powerful artifacts.

2. Even a cursory knowledge of Authority will tell you that The Doctor has been reincarnated throughout history since the dawn of humanity. He is aware of his past selves and has their collected knowledge. So Thanos' 5000 years of experience are actually probably dwarfed by The Doctor's combined knowledge.

3. Sure Thanos is a badass, and can increase his powers. And no, matter manipulation would not work on him directly. But I detailed at least two other ways the D could use his considerably ridiculous powers to take him down (earlier on page 2). The rest of The Authority is a distraction at best, and dead at worst, but Big D could definitely pull it off (if they ever decided to write him as a non-flake).

-DM

whirlysplat
Jenny Quantum has almost unlimited abilitiesbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

DigiMark007
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Jenny Quantum has almost unlimited abilitiesbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

Er, but when has she ever used them? Jenny Fractal perhaps, but she's not a member of the Authority and is now dead/reincarnated in J. Quantum/something weird like that.

Thanos would own her before she figured out what was going on...she has no training with her conisderable powers. Maybe in 15 years I'd agree, but not now. Only The Doctor has a chance.

-DM

whirlysplat
yes she has she basically blasted the avengers clones, as a baby and when the carrier was attacked was able to enter the microuniversebig grin

whirlysplat
5000 experience part of the Doctor is as old as human life on Earthbig grin

Laminator_X
Re transformations: In one of his "drama-powered" moments, Adam Warlock turned Thanos into stone. The Doctor has WAY! more power at his disposal.

the Darkone
Thanos in the end crumb stomp the doctor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.