Magneto vs Green Lantern (Kyle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Couldn't find this.

What do you think?

teddygreen17
Green Lantern Wins with out doubt - simply because of his ring. His ring has no electrons, no metal, and no gravity. Green Lantern forms his ring into a big ass plasma super electron decinergration ray. AND BBOOOMMMM Magneto face down ass up - 50 cent

ZephroCarnelian
That. Is. True.

GL's ring could quite easily put up a forcefield to resist Mag's powers.

kgkg
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
That. Is. True.

GL's ring could quite easily put up a forcefield to resist Mag's powers.
false , Polaris did well against Hal

Blair Wind
I made a thread a while back that had Mags vs Gl vs Invisible Woman.....and the conclusion (though I fought on the side of Gl and or IW....was that Mags won...) so ima go with that and say Mags wins.....

Solidus Snake
kyle forms a hammer inside mags shield but behind his head and knocks him out cold. or impales him on something.

Tron
Originally posted by kgkg
false , Polaris did well against Hal

Okay, but did he win?

kgkg
Originally posted by Tron
Okay, but did he win?
he managed to jack his ring .

Hal got him back later tho

Avalonofthewind
Lets see, a character who controls the em spectrum vs a guy who can do
anything he wants with willpower..

I think GL has this.

long pig
Anything you say?

Zenoside
I think it could go either way, since all of the Green lanterns have very bad imaginations. (The crap I could do with that thing...*sigh*) But GL has an edge.

Tron
Originally posted by Zenoside
I think it could go either way, since all of the Green lanterns have very bad imaginations. (The crap I could do with that thing...*sigh*) But GL has an edge.

Someone's forgotten about John Steward and Kyle Raynor.wink

It's not that they have bad imaginations, every GL uses their rings differently, whatever fits their personality. It was explained pretty well in Green Lantern: Rebirth #6.

Darth Macabre
It all comes down to whether magnetos powers to manipulate all forms of energy (em spectrum) will affect the green lanterns ring.

Magneto wins though, in my own.

Tron
And it's also a matter of whether the power in Kyle's ring can keep Magneto's power from having any effect on it or not.

King Castle
hmm.. i see some false assumptions here.

Polaris took control of Kyle and the rest of the JLA in the artic.

Kyles armor costume was magnetic.

also was able to hold kyle in place and keep him from using his powers while he wandered about his end goal..

Slaanesh
Kyle..he's more powerful..

King Castle
magneto can give Kyle an aneurysm ala the pheonix. no expression

carver9
Magneto 7/10...both are powerful but I give the edge to magneto and by the way I can't remember anything penetrating mags forcefield... same can be said for kyle.

iceman24567
Kyle for the solid

-Pr-
If we go by average Magneto, then Kyle. If we go by current uber Mags, then he can take it.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
If we go by average Magneto, then Kyle. If we go by current uber Mags, then he can take it. average magneto is very very powerful

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
average magneto is very very powerful

And?

Nihilist
Originally posted by iceman24567
Kyle for the solid

Starscream M
And? he's arguably more powerful than average kyle

Mindset
Kyle, easily.

Mags beats any other GL, especially Hal (PR) and Guy (ODG) smile

-Pr-
he's arguably more powerful than average kyle

And?

Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle, easily.

Mags beats any other GL, especially Hal (PR) and Guy (ODG) smile

lol.

Starscream M
And?
so I think you're wrong when you said average mags would lose to kyle.

-Pr-
so I think you're wrong when you said average mags would lose to kyle.

and you're free to think so.

I think Kyle would win, and by virtue of that, i think you're wrong.

Starscream M
and you're free to think so.

I think Kyle would win, and by virtue of that, i think you're wrong. couldn't mags pop a blood vessel in kyle's brain with a mere thought?

zopzop
couldn't mags pop a blood vessel in kyle's brain with a mere thought?

No I don't think that would work.

I'm not a big DC guy but I remember during the "Crisis in Time" arc some doofy looking DC villain shot a Chronal Wave or something at Alan Scott and some other JSA guys. They all dropped dead from the extremely rapid aging, but Alan's ring completely protected him, he was unfazed.

If that ring's aura can stop that, Magneto isn't doing jack to Kyle or any other Lantern while they have that aura up.

BattleMage
Is the ring metal or plastic?

Lunacyde
Originally posted by BattleMage
Is the ring metal or plastic?
Neither.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle, easily.

Mags beats any other GL, especially Hal (PR) and Guy (ODG) smile http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail07.jpg

-Pr-
couldn't mags pop a blood vessel in kyle's brain with a mere thought?

assuming he was able to do that while taking an onslaught from kyle and able to manipulate him through kyle's shield, maybe.

King Castle
Originally posted by BattleMage
Is the ring metal or plastic? whatever material it is, it appears to be magnetic whit how polaris was able to manipulate it along with GL's suit construct

Lunacyde
Originally posted by King Castle
whatever material it is, it appears to be magnetic whit how polaris was able to manipulate it along with GL's suit construct

When was this?

-Pr-
Polaris is a horrible example to use for most of the JLA imo. It's inconsistent and ignores several established power levels/abilities.

King Castle
when Polaris went to the north pole or antartic to gather magnetic energy for whatever was up to. probably something stupid like move the planet so it crumbles apart.

Polaris for a smart guy is pretty stupid and doesnt think, things through.

only one he wasnt able to effect was plastic man who distracted him enough to rescue his team that were in a magnetic hold.

iirc polaris had GL smacking himself.. polaris was all like: why you hitting yourself, why you hitting yourself? angel

Lunacyde
I was actually looking for an arc name or issue #s so I could download it....

King Castle
Polaris is a horrible example to use for most of the JLA imo. It's inconsistent and ignores several established power levels/abilities. what.......ever....... cool

unless you can find a similar moment of Kyle being resistant and consistently .. it still counts just b/c u dont like it doesnt make it pis.

Prep-Man
Kyle> Magneto.

YFZ 350
Kyle is more powerful and should win.

Magneto1982
Erik Lensherr all the way!

Lunacyde
^Really? I would have never guessed you would have thought that....

-Pr-
what.......ever....... cool

unless you can find a similar moment of Kyle being resistant and consistently .. it still counts just b/c u dont like it doesnt make it pis.

i don't like it because polaris hurts them; i hate it because it's retarded.

gl's can set their shields to block psionic signals, and it's been done enough on panel to make it a pretty reasonable tactic.

that, and we don't know what current gl rings are made of.

chomperx9
magneto removes the ring and crushes it. oh wait no magneto cant do that cause its kyle. but if it was a no name GL then he could remove it right ?

Slaanesh
if u mean a no name GL who just got the ring for about an hour and doesn't really know how to use it..then yes..

kgkg
Speaking of Polaris he has few good showing against Greed lantern and even the JLA using his powers but there are other times where he got owned by Kyle.

chomperx9
Originally posted by kgkg
Speaking of Polaris he has few good showing against Greed lantern and even the JLA using his powers but there are other times where he got owned by Kyle. Polaris is no magneto

xmarksthespot
Kyle ftmtw.

I bet even fatnude will get off Magneto's manmeat long enough to agree with me. 313

Mindset
Oh, he'll be getting off, but not on the way you want.

zeel
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto 7/10...both are powerful but I give the edge to magneto and by the way I can't remember anything penetrating mags forcefield... same can be said for kyle.

thor's hammer makes quick work of mag's shields. at least it has in the past.

Mindset
Iirc it was absorbing it, it didn't just smash through.

Mshinu
Mags makes Kyle punch himself, distracts him with a hologram of Wondy kissing him and steals the ring, then uses the ring better than Kyle ever did.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by chomperx9
Polaris is no magneto

At his most powerful, Polaris certainly is.

Warlord
Kyle

Bentley
In this thread yet another example of Carver lowballing a DC herald.

Kyle is too much for Magneto, he'd still have to work for it though.

No name GLs would be crushed by Magnus.

chomperx9
Originally posted by 753
Kyle is too much for Magneto, he'd still have to work for it though.

No name GLs would be crushed by Magnus. LOL

King Castle
i don't like it because polaris hurts them; i hate it because it's retarded.

gl's can set their shields to block psionic signals, and it's been done enough on panel to make it a pretty reasonable tactic.

that, and we don't know what current gl rings are made of. blocking psionic signals is not the same as magnetic energy. plus they at times have to be aware of the TP and explicitly raise a shield for it.

and even then Martian Manhunter has gotten past the shield to communicate report and coordinate with the team. stick out tongue

Omega Vision
blocking psionic signals is not the same as magnetic energy. plus they at times have to be aware of the TP and explicitly raise a shield for it.

and even then Martian Manhunter has gotten past the shield to communicate report and coordinate with the team. stick out tongue
And you don't think that Hal or Kyle might have a filter to allow J'onn's tp link through?

A friend managing to pass information on isn't nearly the same as a hostile telepath mindraping. Not even close.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
And you don't think that Hal or Kyle might have a filter to allow J'onn's tp link through?

A friend managing to pass information on isn't nearly the same as a hostile telepath mindraping. Not even close. a filter? you making this up or is this stated onpanel?

Omega Vision
a filter? you making this up or is this stated onpanel?
It's conjecture, but supported conjecture.

Case in point: J'onn can communicate with Zatanna but when he tries to invade her mind she's shut him out. The same could be true of GLs.

King Castle
GL consciously raised and lowered his Psi blocks when he visited the big head guy in prison so he could take his memories. GL struggled with him when he wouldnt let go of the memory download even though the guy wasnt necessarily attacking him a psi bolt would have put hal down even if he was actively resisting. a psi shield is need b4 hand to be effective. his regular shield dont actively keep out psi attacks.

also Hal stated that he needs to specifically Psi Block Martain manhunter to not be effected by MM when he talked about how to take down MM.

that He would summon a psi block helmet why do it if your normal everday shields can do it? answerL b/c he needs to consciously activate it not the helmet but the psi block itself.

chomperx9
has it ever been stated or proved that a GL ring is magnetic proof ?

King Castle
has it ever been stated or proved that a GL ring is magnetic proof ? no. its actually bn the opposite. whistle

chomperx9
no. its actually bn the opposite. whistle then magneto wins easy

Prep-Man
When Hal faced Polaris, he channeled his energy right back at him, IIRC. This was a Polaris who was messing with reality from his powers.

LOL You LOLing me chomper? Awesome!

chomperx9
Originally posted by 753
You LOLing me chomper? Awesome! my pleasure

Even without manipulating the ring directly, Magneto can defeat GLs. Their shields do not make them totally, automatically or consistantly impervious to electromagnetic attacks at all.

Magneto has very impressive shielding of his own; atomic level manipulation of metal including trace amounts in living organisms (like the iron rip) and the atmosphere; neuro shutdown and other forms of metabolism crippling; and massive energy projection. He's got what it takes to face them.

Prep-Man
I agree. Kyle will likely screw it up. But GL's have what it takes to counter anything Magneto throws at him. Hal has defeated magnetism users before and he can do the same with Magneto.

Just depends on who can adapt the fastest, if we use out of 10 system.

King Castle
Plus Magneto can bend light )photons around his shield using electromagnetic.

i know i know ppl will say that a GL construct is not light.. whatever..

it is said to be a form of plasma energy as well as light whatevert its power source of the emotion the constructs description has not changed nor have the times they bn used against the wielder by others who can control various forms of energy..

even the oaths defines it as "light" even though its powered by emotions... angel

chomperx9
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=505689& amp;highlight=title%3A%28magneto+vs+green+lantern%

Omega Vision
Plus Magneto can bend light )photons around his shield using electromagnetic.

i know i know ppl will say that a GL construct is not light.. whatever..

it is said to be a form of plasma energy as well as light whatevert its power source of the emotion the constructs description has not changed nor have the times they bn used against the wielder by others who can control various forms of energy..

even the oaths defines it as "light" even though its powered by emotions... angel
I hope you're not saying that Magneto is as potent a light manipulator as Dr Light. Because that's the level you have to be to manipulate GL constructs in such a way.

King Castle
Magneto is strong and powerful enough to resist it and "shunt" it off his shield.

Omega Vision
Magneto is strong and powerful enough to resist it and "shunt" it off his shield.
Right...so you are saying he's Dr Light's level?

King Castle
Dr. light and him would be even in a forum fight against each other going either way.

but, i did not say that, dont put words in my mouth.

But, Magneto has shown he can keep back Mjonlir and its blast, pheonix blast etc etc..

he is also a multi tasker doing more then just resisting the attack but also attacking them. erm

i would put an average power blast from kyle below these ppl and mag should be able to do the same against his most powerful blast as he has done against the others.

chomperx9
magneto removes the ring. end of story

Prep-Man
Kyle overloads Magneto. End of story.

Omega Vision
Dr. light and him would be even in a forum fight against each other going either way.

but, i did not say that, dont put words in my mouth.

But, Magneto has shown he can keep back Mjonlir and its blast, pheonix blast etc etc..

he is also a multi tasker doing more then just resisting the attack but also attacking them. erm

i would put an average power blast from kyle below these ppl and mag should be able to do the same against his most powerful blast as he has done against the others.
Saying that his shield could resist Kyle's attacks (for a time anyway) is fine, but implying he can do it by directly manipulating the constructs/blasts is ascribing him light manipulation on the level of Dr Light, which is pretty baseless.

King Castle
not really.. the magnetic shields shunt off photons/energy off the field, some marvel physic reason.

magneto has taken control of optic blast shunted off Dazzler's attack, even heat and powerful flame blast b/c he could "shunt the Energy itself"

but that would not the be the only reason kyle relies on will power as well when facing another person. magneto's power is based on psionic.

both of them fighting would be a strength of who has the greater will of breaking whose defenses. i go with magneto.

-Pr-
blocking psionic signals is not the same as magnetic energy. plus they at times have to be aware of the TP and explicitly raise a shield for it.

i never said it was the same thing. magneto's command of metal is psionic, though.

when the ring starts to become affected (assuming it even is), then they would know to put up a shield. even then a lantern can just demagnetise their ring.

he doesn't go past their shield. don't be silly. rings can allow telepathic communication even between non telepaths. it has filters.

i never said it was the same thing. magneto's command of metal is psionic, though. Is it? Didn't they settle on a physiological or at least both psionic adn physiological explanation after all? Something to do with ultra high concetration of 'electrolytes in his organism.

chomperx9
i never said it was the same thing. magneto's command of metal is psionic, though.

when the ring starts to become affected (assuming it even is), then they would know to put up a shield. even then a lantern can just demagnetise their ring.

he doesn't go past their shield. don't be silly. rings can allow telepathic communication even between non telepaths. it has filters. when has a lantern demagnetise their ring ?

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
Is it? Didn't they settle on a physiological or at least both psionic adn physiological explanation after all? Something to do with ultra high concetration of 'electrolytes in his organism.

i tend to believe that almost any power activated by the mind is generally a psionic signal.

i honestly don't know if they settled on it.

when has a lantern demagnetise their ring ?

hal did it back in the day against the old doctor polaris. it's not exactly a difficult feat either.

chomperx9
i tend to believe that almost any power activated by the mind is generally a psionic signal.

i honestly don't know if they settled on it.

hal did it back in the day against the old doctor polaris. it's not exactly a difficult feat either. but how would kyle know to do that before bumping into magneto ? all it takes is one sec and if kyle does not demagnetise then its over.

OneDumbG0
but how would kyle know to do that before bumping into magneto ? all it takes is one sec and if kyle does not demagnetise then its over. I think Magneto's name might provide Kyle a slight clue as to Magneto's powers aside from the common knowledge he's given. Not that I'm saying he does it instantly... but y'know... Kyle isn't exactly dumb.

chomperx9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think Magneto's name might provide Kyle a slight clue as to Magneto's powers aside from the common knowledge he's given. Not that I'm saying he does it instantly... but y'know... Kyle isn't exactly dumb. right so when they meet eachother the 1st sec before they go at it they are gonna stop for a sec and shake hands and introduce themselves ?

Hi im magneto

and I am kyle, Nice to meet you

Just thought we'd might want to get to know one another before fighting.

U bet good luck to us both, SHAKE

-Pr-
I think Magneto's name might provide Kyle a slight clue as to Magneto's powers aside from the common knowledge he's given. Not that I'm saying he does it instantly... but y'know... Kyle isn't exactly dumb.

you made me laugh while groggy at 8am in the morning.

Thank you.

Slaanesh
right so when they meet eachother the 1st sec before they go at it they are gonna stop for a sec and shake hands and introduce themselves ?

Hi im magneto

and I am kyle, Nice to meet you

Just thought we'd might want to get to know one another before fighting.

U bet good luck to us both, SHAKE

u should read the rule..they got basic knowledge of each other before the fight..

Prep-Man
I think Magneto's name might provide Kyle a slight clue as to Magneto's powers aside from the common knowledge he's given. Not that I'm saying he does it instantly... but y'know... Kyle isn't exactly dumb.

rolling on floor laughing

King Castle
Originally posted by Slaanesh
u should read the rule..they got basic knowledge of each other before the fight.. the rule is the basic knowledge of the populace.

one is a well known mutant terrorist on the morning to evening news.

the other is a superhero celebrity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.