Revan Vs Tharwin( Tactical Skills Not Combat or Force)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthrevan89
Who is the better stratgegist? Revan or Tharwin? Now I myself have never read the Tharwin trilogy so I can not take an active role in this thread. I am simply going to sit back and let everone else decide.

Darth Somebody
Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Thrawn was the last of The Emperor's Grand Admirals. He returned six years after the Battle of Endor. So, the Imperial Starfleet was routed, and various warlords tried to usurp the throne and claim themselves emperor. The fleet was in anarchy.

Basically, Thrawn had a sliver of the Imperial Starfleet and was on the brink of total victory. Only a last minute betrayal put an end to Thrawn. However, his genius was so feared by the galaxy, that the Republic was thrown into chaos by the mere RUMOR of his survival.

Revan had an unlimited fleet and resources. Thrawn had neither, and got just as close through sheer tactical brilliance.

Thrawn is the superior tactition. I'd go to say BY FAR.

Great Vengeance
Thrawn is by far better, what has revan done to be mentioned in company such as this? Defeat the mandalorians who are partially insane? Almost killing the republic was nice but then again he had an infinite fleet.

darthrevan89
Yea but Revan was aclaimed to be the best tactical genius of his time. Canderous called him a genius on the field.

Darth Somebody
In Survivers Quest by Timathy Zahn, he is referred to as the greatest genius in galactic history.

Sorry. Darth Revan maybe a powerful Sith Lord and a skilled tactical genius - but Thrawn is superior to just about EVERYONE in tactics.

MAKASHIMAN
Both seem to be masterminds so they would probly end up in escape pods both with dead fleets

Fishy
Is that so? Do you even know what Revan faced?

He defeated the Mandelorians with a third of the Republic fleet when the fleet was on the brink of extinction. He managed to turn around a war that was already lost.

After that he used the survivors of the battle at Malachor, who he all managed to convince to join him in to become the enemy of what they fought for, and challenged the Republic. He booked a lot of successes with only a third of the Republic fleet against the better in tact 2/3 of the fleet. Only later did he begin to use the infinite fleet.

Revan is attributed to being the greatest general ever as well, does that mean anything? Not really often great generals are seen as incredible during their time. Debates like this are supposed to put there things in perspective. What other people think doesn't really matter.

However just keep in mind that the Republic had no clear leader of their military either.

Unlike the Imperial remnants the Republic did not have more powerful ships and did not have the means to fight a full scale war. Also just like Thrawn Revan fought against somebody who was winning when everybody thought they would die. And the Mandelorians used far worse tactics because they were military geniuses too.

With all of that said I don't know who is better because I simply do not know enough about Thrawn but still.

Nai Fohl
Well...

I think Thrawn is the greater tactician maybe just only because he is more addicted to tactics than Revan. Thrawn studied the artwork of species he fought (sculptures, pictures, poetry) to gain insight to their history, thought process and culture and after doing so he designed own tactics for each enemy he fought.

Because of his superior tactics the border patrol of his homeworld Csilla annihilated an entire squadron of Jedi starfighters (!) and after that Thrawn moved on to destroy the Outbound Flight Project the Jedi had started to explore deep space (that sended the starfighters to Csilla).

And (beside all his victories against the New Republic) you have to keep in mind that he reached the highest rang in the Imperial Navy despite the fact that the Empire had prejudices against non-human people.

Fishy
Well the people that decide the promotions did not, but I am not saying Thrawn is not impressive. He is great and what he did from what I heard Revan faced more powerful opponents, or at least better strategists. Of course I can't be sure of this either and I don't know if it would really make one of them better.

darthrevan89
bump

Darth Somebody
Still. The New Republic fleet was mighty at the time. They had many great tactitions as well, and Thrawn had nothing compared to what Revan had. And Thrawn got just as close. So I would have to say that Thrawn is superior.

exanda kane
I really can't be bothered to explain myself fully, but we still don't know how much Revan achieved nor the kind of tactics he employed first hand.

Emperor Revan
Firstly, according to the Thrawn trilogy, the Republic and the Empire had about equal forces according to Han. Secondly, Revan did not have an ifinite fleet through most of his reign. Talk to anyone about him, GO-TO, Canderous, Zhar, Dorak, etc. They all say he was a brilliant tactician and the only reason that the Republic even won the Mandalorian war. He was brilliant, luring his army to Malachor V so they would obey only him and become a stronger militaristic empire, luring his less loyal followers to be the bait of the Mandalorians upon using the mass shadow generator.

He would use mass deceptions, feints, counter strikes, abandoning whole worlds so that others would be too fortified to strike. He could predict entire wars even and earned the respect of the Exchange, Mandalorians, and Echani. Mandalore himself was taken back by the ferocity of his attacks. He was given a third of the Republic army under his direct command. Even when Revan turned on the Republic with less than half of the Republic's army, he overwhelmed it and would've triumphed if it hadn't been for Bastila's battle meditation. By the time Malak became the dark lord, they had a larger army.

He used HK-47 to kill any direct threats, he had legions of followers trained to kill or turn Jedi to their cause.

Thrawn on the other hand, while good, also had Joruus and his battle meditation with him near the beginning of the Thrawn trilogy so all his accomplishments are not solely because of him.

All in all, I think it's kinda close but Revan takes this with only a little difficulty.

Darth_Janus
Well, let's see some figures on the table before we start calling shots. But in all actuality, you can't compare the two on level ground, just as you can't compare Patton and Rommel directly. Logistics are different, technology is different, situations are different... You can't quite compare them.... But what you can compare is the damage, I suppose.

Emperor Revan
what kind of figures? technology isn't much different and neither are the situations really. And what's the point of this thread if not to compare them?

Darth_Janus
Technology IS different. The Leviathan is like a fraction of the size of a Star Destroyer. There is no bacta in KOTOR era. Blaster bolts and turbolasers are generally smaller, with smaller ammo reserves. Force users are stronger in KOTOR era. There's a whole bunch of stuff, really.

Also, numerical evidence might help put things in perspective, if nothing else.

Emperor Revan
Touche.

All I could think of is that KOTOR doesn't have bacta.

Darth_Janus
But they do have kolto. Also, in the PT era, they had oh... what is it called? They discuss it in Medstar.... It's some kind of wonderdrug. All natural. All hell. Anyways, the modern era has that too.

Emperor Revan
Yeah. Ya'd think there would be a lot more technological differences over a course of nearly 4,000 years. Then again, instead of decimating a planet's surface with dozens of capital ships, they now use a giant space station capable of destroying the entire planet and also capable of being destroyed by two proton torpedoes.

Darth Somebody
I've been thoroughly convinced that if there was a Best Star Wars Chef thread, you'd say "Lord Revan", Emperor...

He's just perfect in all things and in every way and outshines everyone, right?

Darth Zenemij
Originally posted by Fishy
Is that so? Do you even know what Revan faced?

He defeated the Mandelorians with a third of the Republic fleet when the fleet was on the brink of extinction. He managed to turn around a war that was already lost.

After that he used the survivors of the battle at Malachor, who he all managed to convince to join him in to become the enemy of what they fought for, and challenged the Republic. He booked a lot of successes with only a third of the Republic fleet against the better in tact 2/3 of the fleet. Only later did he begin to use the infinite fleet.

Revan is attributed to being the greatest general ever as well, does that mean anything? Not really often great generals are seen as incredible during their time. Debates like this are supposed to put there things in perspective. What other people think doesn't really matter.

However just keep in mind that the Republic had no clear leader of their military either.

Unlike the Imperial remnants the Republic did not have more powerful ships and did not have the means to fight a full scale war. Also just like Thrawn Revan fought against somebody who was winning when everybody thought they would die. And the Mandelorians used far worse tactics because they were military geniuses too.

With all of that said I don't know who is better because I simply do not know enough about Thrawn but still.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've never been able to get a hold on the books about thrawn, but Revan I htink is better, what he did, I don't think anyone even had the knowledge, or courage to do.

Darth Somebody
Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Revan are both tactical geniuses. But I believe it is relative bias from particular people that makes them select Revan. Another reason is that whereas I have read the Thrawn Trilogy and KOTOR games - and I understand both well - most people have not.

I thought Fishy and Emperor Revan said that Revan's fleet was superior to The Empire's? If that is true, then think here. If Revan's empire was truly superior to Palpatine's - Thrawn got just as close as Revan did to galactic domination - and had only a SMALL percentage of the Imperial Starfleet, whereas Revan had the entire damn thing.

Though Thrawn is hardly a match for the Dark Lord, he is tactically superior. Thrawn commanded a mere portion of the fledgling Imperial fleet and managed to nearly conquer the Republic. It was also stated in the Thrawn Trilogy that The Republic's forces were "a lot better trained and motivated than the Empire's."

Whereas in KOTOR - Revan's men were skilled on a level perhaps greater than the Old Republic.

Thrawn's fleet was a little smaller, less trained, and not as motivated as the New Republic. But his genius was unparalleled. No one in the Republic could best him tactically.

He got as close as Revan did to conquering the galaxy, with a HELL of a lot LESS resources and firepower than what Revan had.

Think about it. All of this evidence supports my theory. Thrawn is without a shadow of a doubt tactically superior to Darth Revan.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Revan are both tactical geniuses. But I believe it is relative bias from particular people that makes them select Revan. Another reason is that whereas I have read the Thrawn Trilogy and KOTOR games - and I understand both well - most people have not.

I thought Fishy and Emperor Revan said that Revan's fleet was superior to The Empire's? If that is true, then think here. If Revan's empire was truly superior to Palpatine's - Thrawn got just as close as Revan did to galactic domination - and had only a SMALL percentage of the Imperial Starfleet, whereas Revan had the entire damn thing.

Though Thrawn is hardly a match for the Dark Lord, he is tactically superior. Thrawn commanded a mere portion of the fledgling Imperial fleet and managed to nearly conquer the Republic. It was also stated in the Thrawn Trilogy that The Republic's forces were "a lot better trained and motivated than the Empire's."

Whereas in KOTOR - Revan's men were skilled on a level perhaps greater than the Old Republic.

Thrawn's fleet was a little smaller, less trained, and not as motivated as the New Republic. But his genius was unparalleled. No one in the Republic could best him tactically.

He got as close as Revan did to conquering the galaxy, with a HELL of a lot LESS resources and firepower than what Revan had.

Think about it. All of this evidence supports my theory. Thrawn is without a shadow of a doubt tactically superior to Darth Revan.

Firstly, I am slightly biased towards Revan I will admit, but if I seriously think Revan will win or lose, I will say so without hesitation.

I must wonder if you even read my other post, since you didn't respond to my points at all.

1. Here are the main ones if you're too lazy to read. Thrawn's army and the Republic army had about the same forces, Han Solo says so himself.

2. Thrawn had Joruus and his battle meditation to aid him.

3. Revan on the other hand turned losing war factions into powerful armies that could turn the tide. The Republic army had more than double his forces yet he immediately started winning.

4. His forces were up AGAINST battle meditation which is the ONLY reason the Republic even survived.

5. The jedi council, the Exchange leaders, Mandalorians, the Echani, anyone who ever faced or knew Revan said he was a brilliant strategist.

Read my other post, I stated quite a few GOOD reasons why I think Revan would win. If anyone is a fanboy here it's you because you seem to think Revan has no chance whatsoever and you are wrong for that. I even said Thrawn could come close in my other post. Now, do us all a favor and read some of my other posts and it will become apparent that even in a close fight I don't always go with Revan if I don't think he will win.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
1. Here are the main ones if you're too lazy to read. Thrawn's army and the Republic army had about the same forces, Han Solo says so himself.

Revans army had
a) infinite amount of ships
b) troops with more battle experience
c) tons of Jedi / Sith

That "1/3 of the republics army" only referes to the "normal" troops he had, not including any force users (since the Jedi / Sith forces are independent from the republic army) or ships from the star forge.

Now for Thrawn:
Maybe (if you want to rely on Solos statement) they had about the same forces. But you have to keep in mind that most of the New Republic forces are veterans from the war against the empire. The "officers" as well as the "normal" starfighter pilots or ground forces.

We don't know how much that thing aided him. Still he has proven his military genius in times before he knew Joruus.

Look at what I've written about point 1.

Well...Thrawn was fighting against the New Republic. That includes people like: Admiral Ackbar, Carlist Rieekan, Jan Dodonna, Bren Derlin (military command), Lando Calrissian, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and starfighter pilots like Wedge Antilles.
That are at least people that survived 6-9 years of constant battle including the Galactic Civil War, the truce at Bakura, the Bacta War and several battles vs. Imperial Warlords (Ysanne Isard, Zsinj).

Not to mention that Thrawn was only stopped because the Noghri switched sides during a battle and his own bodyguard assasinated him.

And we are actualy talking about "tactical skills". So think of Revan without his force powers and his battle-precog.

darthrevan89
We have some good arguments here.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Revans army had
a) infinite amount of ships
b) troops with more battle experience
c) tons of Jedi / Sith

That "1/3 of the republics army" only referes to the "normal" troops he had, not including any force users (since the Jedi / Sith forces are independent from the republic army) or ships from the star forge.

Now for Thrawn:
Maybe (if you want to rely on Solos statement) they had about the same forces. But you have to keep in mind that most of the New Republic forces are veterans from the war against the empire. The "officers" as well as the "normal" starfighter pilots or ground forces.

We don't know how much that thing aided him. Still he has proven his military genius in times before he knew Joruus.

Look at what I've written about point 1.

Well...Thrawn was fighting against the New Republic. That includes people like: Admiral Ackbar, Carlist Rieekan, Jan Dodonna, Bren Derlin (military command), Lando Calrissian, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and starfighter pilots like Wedge Antilles.
That are at least people that survived 6-9 years of constant battle including the Galactic Civil War, the truce at Bakura, the Bacta War and several battles vs. Imperial Warlords (Ysanne Isard, Zsinj).

Not to mention that Thrawn was only stopped because the Noghri switched sides during a battle and his own bodyguard assasinated him.

And we are actualy talking about "tactical skills". So think of Revan without his force powers and his battle-precog.

a) not until the end of his reign.
b) thanks to Revan
c) thanks to Revan

the 1/3 of the republic army was just troops I know, but there was not even the entire third of his army left by the end of the mandalorian war, then he goes up against the Republic which has roughly double or more forces and all of those dark jedi he turned with tactics.

I suppose all of the imperials Thrawn had had never seen a battle before too right? Sure some were new but he still had some veterans in there and they weren't as inexperienced as you're laying on.

Next, Joruus' battle meditation is very effective and yes we do know about it. This is coming directly from an imperial admiral that didn't even want to believe battle meditation was possible. "In every single category and subcategory of speed, coordination, efficiency, and accuracy, the Chimaera and its crew were running no less than 40 percent more effective than usual. He turned to look at C'baoth's strained face, an icy shiver running up his back." Oh and Thrawn hadn't been in too many battles before Joruus.

Revan's forces on the other hand, was all but invincible and would've triumphed much sooner if not for Bastila's battle meditation according to Master Dorak. Revan is up against larger forces (ok, we can really cut that out since he started with weaker forces, but gained more from the Star Forge so it balances out kinda to more like equal forces IMO.) and he was against battle meditation whereas Thrawn was using battle meditation. Next, Revan was a tactical genius partially because of the fact that he turned so many to his cause. More Jedi turned to his side than died from his forces. Republic officers were joining him right and left as well.

Revan was the sole reason the Republic (losing side) managed to turn the war around and beat the Mandalorians. Listen to Canderous talk about his tactics again. Feints, Counterattacks, mass deceptions, he was a genius on the field. He would abandon whole worlds so that other's would be too fortified to strike. In the end, he proved too much for them. He fought them to a standstill and then began pushing them back. Even Mandalore himself was taken back by the ferocity of his attacks, the tenacity of his tactics, and the subtlety of his plans.

And lastly, I haven't mentioned anything about Force powers and only once said he could predict entire wars which I guess you could take that away even though it's not a Force trait and non-force users can do it.

Nai Fohl
a) not until the end of his reign.
b) thanks to Revan
c) thanks to Revan

the 1/3 of the republic army was just troops I know, but there was not even the entire third of his army left by the end of the mandalorian war, then he goes up against the Republic which has roughly double or more forces and all of those dark jedi he turned with tactics.

Can somebody without any force powers talk several hundret Jedi into following him ? No. Could Revan do that without force powers. No ! Does that count in the term of "tactics" ? No.

Even the veterans in the imperial army are sometimes stupid as hell. And please think of it: The Empire had far greater troops than the Alliance so they won't have that much people left with battle experience (Not if you think of how easy they go down.)

Oh great. One ship being 40 % more effective ? What does that decide ? And Thrawn hadn't been in too many battle before Joruus ? Well he had to become Grand Admiral somehow now doesn't he ?

That is no tactic...it's persuation or diplomacy and Thrawn hadn't even the opportunity to do so.

Abandon whole worlds...well...for being brutal and ruthless: Did you ever came across the "Ghorman Massacre" ? Tarkin landed a spaceship on a group of protesters killing hundrets of them. Reason: They were protesting against Imperial taxation.
And there was also that nice thing called "Tarkin Doctrine": "Rule through the fear of force, rather than force itself." That is the standard operation procedure of the Imperial Navy (result: the Death Star).

Now...just think a little bit. Thrawn rose threw the ranks of the Imperial Navy fast. He was a heir to the Tarkin Doctrine but had greater tactical abilities than anyone else in the Imperial Navy.

When it comes to "ground combat" Revan might be actualy better in tactics than Thrawn is but in a space battle I would bet on Thrawn.

Emperor Revan
Can somebody without any force powers talk several hundret Jedi into following him ? No. Could Revan do that without force powers. No ! Does that count in the term of "tactics" ? No.

(My response) He did it mostly through tactics, some he lured to Malachor V which corrupted them, he made teams of people designed to capture Jedi and send them to a place to break them, according to Master Vrook some of the Jedi left because of Sith promises of riches and power. No, it wasn't all tactics but some of it was. Listen to how many ways HK-47 knows to kill a Jedi, those are all tactics and they all came from Revan.

Even the veterans in the imperial army are sometimes stupid as hell. And please think of it: The Empire had far greater troops than the Alliance so they won't have that much people left with battle experience (Not if you think of how easy they go down.)

(My response) They had far more people than the Rebels so more chances of tacticians, who created the Sun Crusher? The galaxy Gun? World devastators? The Eclipse star destroyer? All imperials. Now granted imperials were often rather stupid but we have no way of comparing that to either of the forces in Revan's time either.

Oh great. One ship being 40 % more effective ? What does that decide ? And Thrawn hadn't been in too many battle before Joruus ? Well he had to become Grand Admiral somehow now doesn't he ?

(My response) First, it wasn't just the one ship. It was the whole battle and it was totally because of Joruus. How many Grand moffs were there? About 4 in the stupid kid books which are unfortunately canon and Tarkin of course. It's just a rank and obviously he had to have been good but we don't know anything about how he got there or as many battles as Revan. So Thrawn was a Grand Admiral. He wasn't even at the battle of Endor. Revan had direct control over a third of the Republic fleet within a couple years of fighting.

That is no tactic...it's persuation or diplomacy and Thrawn hadn't even the opportunity to do so.

(My response) No Thrawn didn't have the opportunity to turn jedi, but it's much harder than regular troops and Revan did use some tactics to do this as previously explained.

Abandon whole worlds...well...for being brutal and ruthless: Did you ever came across the "Ghorman Massacre" ? Tarkin landed a spaceship on a group of protesters killing hundrets of them. Reason: They were protesting against Imperial taxation.
And there was also that nice thing called "Tarkin Doctrine": "Rule through the fear of force, rather than force itself." That is the standard operation procedure of the Imperial Navy (result: the Death Star).

(My response) The movies sorta say it's the geonosians who made the Death Star but I liked the EU version more too.

Now...just think a little bit. Thrawn rose threw the ranks of the Imperial Navy fast. He was a heir to the Tarkin Doctrine but had greater tactical abilities than anyone else in the Imperial Navy.

(My response) Yes, so? you yourself said how stupid the imperials were. Revan was the greatest tactician of his time just like Thrawn.

When it comes to "ground combat" Revan might be actualy better in tactics than Thrawn is but in a space battle I would bet on Thrawn.

(My response) You might be right there, we don't know much about Revan's space tactics but surely during the two wars there were some space battles and Revan's tactics are spoken of highly throughout both games by everyone who mentions them so there's really no reason he would be bad at space tactics either IMO.

Darth Somebody: In addition to what I said in my previous response to you, Revan is really good at just about everything he does that has any correlation to power or might. Whether it's his power, potential, tactics, abilities, knowledge, or combat experience he excels greatly at it and we have seen no real flaws from him which is a big factor why I think he's so great.

Darth Somebody
Darth Revan is still not a god. He is not the best at everything he does. I swear. In every versus mode, you say he always comes out on top. In everythread where *Revan* is involved - you say he's the best. And it is because of people like you that I hate NJO Luke and Darth Revan.

Darth Revan is a superb tactition. But not the best. I have said it before and I will say it again, Thrawn had far less than what Revan had, and got just as close to victory.

Nai Fohl and I have both offered you points that trump Revan's. Grand Admiral Thrawn is the superior tactition.

Fishy
When Revan started his war he didn't have a lot either. Actually he had a weakened flete and still faced powerful strategicians (Kavar) or at least he should have. He faced people that had seen a lot of war already and were reasonable on their own. Of course Revan knew them and their weaknesses which helps him but does not mean he was any less. He had weaker and less troops in his first war and turned around. Without Revan the entire galaxy would be speaking Mandelorian.

Then he came back and he did not have the Star Forge back then and definitly not the troops to man them. If he would not have brilliant he would not have beaten the Republic back that far and he would not have had the troops to fill the infinite fleet a lot of time later.

Not everything he does can be attributed to the force and the Star Forge, without he still would have won. The only reason the Republic stood was because of battle meditation.

But would Revan defeat Thrawn? I have no idea, from what I have heard Thrawn was pretty good to.

And honestly you can't compare the two, you can't say anything about people like that.

Just look at a good debate between who's better, Hanibal Barca or Julius Caesar or Scipio Africanus or Alexander the great. I've seen debates reaching into the hundreds of pages and people still can't decide who wins. To many factors come in play here. To find a greater strategician is almost impossible. And if somebody here can say for sure, then I say you are lying and biased because you just can't know.

darthrevan89
Lets settle it and say that both were master strategicians.

Darth_Janus
READ HERE.

Or does anyone reas my posts? You can't directly compare them with the information we have here, and realisitically you can NEVER directly compare any two leaders or generals unless they were, by some fluke of nature, set in the same exact situations with the same exact resources. Let me make some points that we do know:

- We know the results of Revan's campaigns in the Mandalorian Wars and the War of the Star Forge shortly after. Whether or not he fought wars afterwards we do not know yet.

- We know the results of Thrawn's campaigns against the New Republic.

- We know that the Old Republic had rather inferior technology on some levels and much smaller ships.

- We know of each's reputation for strategy: in short, both were unparelleled geniuses in their own times.

So from this point on it's just a pissing contest. And, of course, Revan's reputation on this board hurts him no matter who spews forth compliments, so forget that.

But for my singular piece of opinion, I would think that Mandalorians, capable of glassing entire worlds and taking most of the Outer Rim in six years are a hell of a lot deadlier than the New Republic. Of course, as Dennis Miller says, I couold be wrong.

Emperor Revan
Darth Revan is still not a god. He is not the best at everything he does. I swear. In every versus mode, you say he always comes out on top. In everythread where *Revan* is involved - you say he's the best. And it is because of people like you that I hate NJO Luke and Darth Revan.

Darth Revan is a superb tactition. But not the best. I have said it before and I will say it again, Thrawn had far less than what Revan had, and got just as close to victory.

Nai Fohl and I have both offered you points that trump Revan's. Grand Admiral Thrawn is the superior tactition.

You're a stupid noob that doesn't know crap about other people. First, I have NEVER said Revan is best at everything, just really good at most things that somehow involve power and in a one on one fight I do always say Revan will win but I'm sure not the only one. Many people do to and I always back up my reasons. Now you idiotic liar, look at some other posts before you pretend to know someone because in team fights there are many cases even in close fights when I think Revan's team will lose.

Now nooby, you either didn't bother to read my entire debate full of good reasons why Revan would win or you're too much of a fanboy that you won't even respond to the arguments and post false claims that Revan had a larger army and have NOTHING ELSE TO SUPPORT IT. I have posted dozens of reasons backing up my opinion and you haven't. Gosh, I hate noobs.

Darth Somebody
You're a stupid noob that doesn't know crap about other people. First, I have NEVER said Revan is best at everything, just really good at most things that somehow involve power and in a one on one fight I do always say Revan will win but I'm sure not the only one. Many people do to and I always back up my reasons. Now you idiotic liar, look at some other posts before you pretend to know someone because in team fights there are many cases even in close fights when I think Revan's team will lose.

Now nooby, you either didn't bother to read my entire debate full of good reasons why Revan would win or you're too much of a fanboy that you won't even respond to the arguments and post false claims that Revan had a larger army and have NOTHING ELSE TO SUPPORT IT. I have posted dozens of reasons backing up my opinion and you haven't. Gosh, I hate noobs.

Fan boy? Quite the opposite. I've supported Revan in legitimate arguments where I believe he would come out superior. And in others, I state otherwise. But yes, you do make him out to be a god. To deny it would be lying. At least from my perception you do. You refer to him as the smartest Sith Lord. The most powerful Sith Lord. The greatest Sith Lord. You do make him out to be quite the god, Revan. And notice how I expressed my argument without resorting to namecalling. I just suppose it's a lack of able argument on your part.

Fishy
Okay instead of going on about calling each other noobs and forgetting about the entire debate you might want to consider going back to the debate.

anyways like Janus and I have both said already you can not decide the winner in this fight. You just can not.

For anybody that wants to continue this debate at least do so with facts. And don't get pissed off because I can Gaurentee you that you will never ever reach a conclusion about who is a winner.

Darth Somebody
This thing is a stalemate at best. The only way Revan would really win is if he excersized Battle Meditation. Of course, Thrawn is not a Force user, so it could be adept to cheating. Of course, Imperials are as cunning and evil as Sith Lords - so cheating can't be a bad thing.

I'd have to say this is one battle where Revan very well might not come out on top. Like Janus said. If he did win, it would be incredibly difficult. I see no room for ownage on Revan's part or on Thrawn's.

Fishy
Thats because there isn't any. You can simply not compare military skills, its hard enough to compare how people would fight against each other but to compare military skills? Its just impossible.

Emperor Revan
Fan boy? Quite the opposite. I've supported Revan in legitimate arguments where I believe he would come out superior. And in others, I state otherwise. But yes, you do make him out to be a god. To deny it would be lying. At least from my perception you do. You refer to him as the smartest Sith Lord. The most powerful Sith Lord. The greatest Sith Lord. You do make him out to be quite the god, Revan. And notice how I expressed my argument without resorting to namecalling. I just suppose it's a lack of able argument on your part.

Kudos for being calm. Now, I do think he's possibly the smartest sith lord, having plundered tons of knowledge from the Jedi, Malachor V, and Korriban which all 3 places were soon destroyed later. The most powerful, yes I do think he is. Is that fanboyism? No, I have many reasons backing up my opinion and many many others think that to. Greatest Sith lord? No, but coolest. Palpatine is the greatest IMO simply because he took full control of the galaxy.

Next, if I think the fight between Revan and someone else is close I will admit it. I think Revan would have a really hard time against NJO Luke but would barely come out on top after a really close fight.

Next, you haven't presented a twentieth of the argument I have and I said Thrawn could still beat Revan while you said Thrawn is totally superior. And you think I'm a fanboy?

darthrevan89
After reading these threads I realize that you cannot compaire the two. So I have a better idea...

Lets say that Tharwn and Revan were both thrust into the same exact tactical situation, given the same resorces and same level of recon. Who would be able to use the previously stated above to the best exent?

Darth Somebody
You're entitled to your opinion, Emperor Revan. But again, you seem to be quite irrational and arrogant at times. Do remember. Darth Revan may be cool. But no one needs to make him out to be more than he is. The same for NJO Luke. They are both amazingly powerful. But it is difficult to compare them to others. Like Revan vs Sidious. You can't compare to eachother how they fight.

There really is no proof to establish which Sith Lord or Jedi can best eachother unless they truly fight. You see, in the versus mode, it is all one-hundred percent fan speculation. Even on my part. Unless they fight - and we see it - we truly do not know.

Darth Somebody
And yes, I do believe you're a fanboy. I said Thrawn is the superior tactition - again read my posts. I also said that Thrawn is no match for the Dark Lord of The Sith. Which hereby implies Revan is superior to Thrawn in every facet except tactics.

Darth Somebody
Now. Perhaps your argument for Thrawn being an inferior tactition is workable. I will give you credit there. However, your argument against me and me being a fanboy is obviously quite lacking. Read my posts. Thank you.

Emperor Revan

You still think I'm a fanboy and I still think you're a noob. Neither is superior like you said and this competition could go either way. I lean towards Revan and you lean towards Thrawn. But in your posts you made up stuff like Revan's army had way more forces than their enemy (the Republic actually had about twice the army) and you said that Thrawn had far fewer forces when his army was about equal with the Republics. Revan was up against battle meditation which is the only reason his sith army hadn't conquered the galaxy and Thrawn used battle meditation for his side. You also didn't bother to respond to any of these points.

Darth_Janus
You're entitled to your opinion, Emperor Revan. But again, you seem to be quite irrational and arrogant at times. Do remember. Darth Revan may be cool. But no one needs to make him out to be more than he is. The same for NJO Luke. They are both amazingly powerful. But it is difficult to compare them to others. Like Revan vs Sidious. You can't compare to eachother how they fight.

There really is no proof to establish which Sith Lord or Jedi can best eachother unless they truly fight. You see, in the versus mode, it is all one-hundred percent fan speculation. Even on my part. Unless they fight - and we see it - we truly do not know.

There is a difference between drawing rational conclusions and fan speculation. Speculation makes no distinction between what could be and what somebody assumes could be, nor off of what information they use. I could speculate that I could become a librarian if I buy a mayor dinner. However, that might work against me, or not at all, or the mayor may have no hand in me becoming a librarian. That's wild speculation.

However, if I were to have information that the mayor is fond of hospitality and is hiring out the position, and I buy him a fine dinner or better, make him one, I can more accurately speculate that I would get the job. It's still, I suppose, an assumption in a nice coating. But it is valid as an argument, if not entirely sound.

Now, correct me if I didn't already say this: we can't draw comparisons between these two generals with what we have. Hell, military historians have TONS of information on Rommel and Patton, and yet experts cannot draw comparisons because their situations, logistics, personalities, etc. were so dramatically different. To find out who is truly better, we would need a controlled environment with exact supplies, men and whatnot for each general.

And even then you could argue that, because of chaos theory, no two campaigns will ever be alike even enough for direct comparisons, so that too is sketchy at best.

Fishy
They won't be, there have been a lot of simulations about certain generals, but the battles always go differently. Things change people change they see things they did not see before. You can never really know which general is better, you just can not. Even if those two would have faced each other we wouldn't know for sure which one is better.

Africanus for instance once beat Hanibal Barca. Is he better? We don't know.

Darth Somebody
Battle Meditation? Joruus C'Boath had Battle Meditation, but he openly abandoned Thrawn on several occasions to concentrate on capturing Luke and Leia. C'Boath often worked against Thrawn because he felt Thrawn was trying to takeover *his* Empire.

So yes indeed. Thrawn had Battle Meditation at his disposal. But C'Boath wasn't cooperative but only half the time.

And Revan's men were much more trained than the Republic, hence his victories. Thrawn openly admitted the Republic's were much more trained and motivated.

Fishy
Wrong, against the Mandelorians Revan his man were untrained and a bunch of retards that did not even know how to move. Revan turned that around and made them face the Mandelorians. Those guys were trained, those guys were great. Revan changed the tie of a war against a far superior enemy. He turned it around when he had fewer troops, they weren't trained as well, the morale was a lot lower and all that crap.

I think many people that are against Revan here, forget about that and just look at his war with the Star Forge. The Star Forge indeed made it really easy, but he had to go through a lot first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.