is the glass half empty or half full...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clementine
IMO I think the glass is just twice as big as it needs to be...but maybe that's just me embarrasment

Trigun King
it is the the same.

debbiejo
I've always tried to see things on a possitive, so I'd say half full....

Though there had been times in my life where my glass was broken, or bone dry.

JimMorrison227
For me the glass just doesn't exist.

Clementine
normally i just drink the damn thing, whatever it is

Creshosk
If it's being filled it's half full.
If it's being drank it's half empty.

Atlantis001
half-full and half-empty is the same thing, just the words are different.

T.M
this question is only used to test the attitude of the person. as debbiejo said she is a positive person so she has a optimistic look on life so it will always be half full. where as a pessimistic person will say that the glass is half empty.

i to think i am an optimistic person so the answer for me is always half full. it doesn't really matter about the glass of liquid really because the persons subconscious will answer with optimism or pessimism.

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by T.M
this question is only used to test the attitude of the person. as debbiejo said she is a positive person so she has a optimistic look on life so it will always be half full. where as a pessimistic person will say that the glass is half empty.

i to think i am an optimistic person so the answer for me is always half full. it doesn't really matter about the glass of liquid really because the persons subconscious will answer with optimism or pessimism.

So, what does it mean if I expect a refill when the glass gets to that point?

Storm
That you' re greedy wink

ILoveHayden
both

debbiejo
Originally posted by T.M

Yes....that is what stars are made of.....heaven....life, love, and happiness....Seeing the best in others...loving even the small miracles..

Let's drink to that.wine...See mine is full right now.

Lemonade Whiz
If I'm happy..it's half-full.

If I'm sad..it's half-empty

If I'm thirsty.. it's gone.

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by Storm
That you' re greedy wink

Well, the price of beer in the bar is high, so the bartender should keep me happy. smile

Wickerman
All i see is half erm I'm more of a realist than either optimist or pessimist

~wickerman~

T.M
Originally posted by Wickerman
All i see is half erm I'm more of a realist than either optimist or pessimist

~wickerman~

thats a good way of looking at it yes

neonight
It's not half empty!
It's not half full!
It's just the way you poured it!!!!!!

neonight

Ronny
it you poured a full glassthen drank half its half empty if you poured a half glass its half full http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon5.gif

Fishy
Its half empty because saying its half full just sounds stupid.

But Debbiejo is right, you happy half full you sad half empty...

Then again so is Creshosk

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ronny
it you poured a full glassthen drank half its half empty if you poured a half glass its half full http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon5.gif

And THAT ladies and gentlemen is the sound of my braincells committing seppuku no expression

~wickerman~

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Wickerman
And THAT ladies and gentlemen is the sound of my braincells committing seppuku no expression

~wickerman~

Cool ! laughing

Atlantis001

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Clementine
IMO I think the glass is just twice as big as it needs to be...but maybe that's just me embarrasment

I like your thinking. big grin

abdulkkadir
i dont think so i think its full what ever its

Storm
I support what has been said before. A test to simply determine if an individual is an optimist or a pessimist themselves.

JediMusician
A better question, Why is there is a glass? And also, Where did the contents come from?
Or could the glass--regardless of its status as being half full, half empty, or both at the same time--be a gateway to another dimension?

Storm
Given the context of a litmus test, those questions are irrelevant.

EsteemedLeader
it doesnt matter if the glass is half full or half empty, as long as you have as much as you need. thats all that matters

Flying High
i would just say i drank half of it confused

Syren
The glass being half empty or half full depends on whether someone gave you the glass with the liquid already in it, you may feel you're being conned and therefore complain it is half empty, but if you filled it yourself and only wanted a small drink you probably feel it is half full laughing out loud

big gay kirk
There are four types of people in the world...

"the glass is half full..."
"the glass is half empty..."
"Half full... no, half empty... no half full... no, half empty... no...."
"Hey! I asked for a cheeseburger!!!"

Alpha Centauri
What Syren said.

Also, if you fill it half without removing any, I think it's more in favour of being half full. Where ass if it's full and you drink half, it's half empty.

-AC

leftyard
the idea of being pessimistic or optimistic with this question comes from the negative and positive space in the cup. somehow by noticing the positive space (the half that is occupied by the liquid) you get labeled optimistic, and by noticing the negative space (the unoccupied space in the cup) you get labled pessimistic

its like this picture below
If i asked you what you see in this picture your answer would either be two faces if you noticed the black or a vase or something similar if you noticed the white.

my point is that the way you see something has to do with perception not your personality or outlook on things

debbiejo
It's the way you look at life.....AND...is the glass pretty?

Spelljammer
When it's half full people are constatly claiming it's thier glass, and no matter who ends up drinking it someone else get's screwed over without getting thier milk!

When it's half empty no-one bothers with it, and the poor rejected milk sits there to become tasteless cream that either go's bad and smelly or gets dumped down the drain.

And God forbid you should put water in the cup..

Storm
According to a linguistic analysis, the glass is half full, because the word full and the word glass are related in the same contextual meaning. A glass is primarily filled and not emptied, so if it contains water, it should be considered up most filled with something and not emptied of something. In other words, the glass is a container and not a emptier.
As a glass is a functional object, meant to be filled, if it contains liquid, it should be analysed in a perspective of being x amount filled.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Storm
According to a linguistic analysis, the glass is half full, because the word full and the word glass are related in the same contextual meaning. A glass is primarily filled and not emptied, so if it contains water, it should be considered up most filled with something and not emptied of something. In other words, the glass is a container and not a emptier.
As a glass is a functional object, meant to be filled, if it contains liquid, it should be analysed in a perspective of being x amount filled.

Hurray! big grin

hardyandtiny
I know at one time the glass was completely empty and I know the glass has had water added to it. So I would say we can only know it is half filled and we can never know if it was completely filled or emptied.

Regret
Originally posted by Clementine
IMO I think the glass is just twice as big as it needs to be...but maybe that's just me embarrasment I believe that it is both, it was completely full, but then someone melted the ice and it lost some of its volume, so I put a lid on it and heated it, venting slightly, now it is full of steam, but then condensation occurred and power fluctuations caused the heat to be reduced, so currently the glass appears in a state that is not the state that it should be judged.

Atlantis001
I think there are two valid solutions to this case.

Shakyamunison
What glass?

Regret
The glass is complete, it is neither full nor empty, the space inside, is what is in question wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
The glass is complete, it is neither full nor empty, the space inside, is what is in question wink

You just ruined all my fun. crybaby

debbiejo
If you want your life to be to the fullest.....and optimist...then it is always full..............And over flowing with what could be nest in this little glass.

BlackC@
If someone filled it right up then took a drink from it then it's half empty.

If they only filled it up halfway then it's half full smart

m. sade
half empty. definitely half empty...

Vinny Valentine
If the Glass was originally full, and you drank it to half way, then its half empty. If you fill it to half way, its half Full.

Regret
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You just ruined all my fun. crybaby Sorry for going all Taoist on you wink

Mindship
*ignores the glass; meditates on what's inside on its own terms* angel

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
Sorry for going all Taoist on you wink

eek! I, I don't, um, not sure, ah, How do you reply to that? laughing

big gay kirk
There are four types of people in the world...

The glass is half full...

The glass is half empty...

Half full... no half empty... no, half full... no, half....

What the hell is this!! I ordered a cheeseburger!!!

Symmetric Chaos
irrelevant

the glass exists and contains water (or something). further deliberation explains nothing that has not been explained

debbiejo
This really has nothing to so with water ya know...lol

The glass filled is where you put/leave/ and experience it..........If you live in the now, the glass will be right where you left it and never change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.