Yoda's Pain - Geonosis, Order 66, & Alderaan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put it here.

When we see Yoda during Order 66, and later Obi-Wan during the destruction of Alderaan, both are in what seems to be a spirit-breaking, chest-clenching, heart-pounding fit of pain. Yoda basically falls over when the Jedi Order is wiped clean from the face of the Galaxy, and Obi-Wan needs to sit on the Falcon when billions of lives are erased.

Now, what of Geonosis? Why is Yoda not falling over in his gunship when a little less than two hundred Jedi are wiped out? There can't be that many more Jedi in the Order by the end of the Clone Wars, so why would he not feel pain from the Battle of Geonosis?

Sadako of Girth
I think that SHOCK was the key factor...
He probably expected casualties to occur on Geonosis...
Alderaan and the purge were like totally unanticipated....

Captain REX
Good point. Though, he was expecting the good portion of 200 Jedi to be killed?

kremzike
He was aware that they were going into battle. He knew the battle was going to take place at the Seperatists droid stronghold. And who's to say that he didn't feel the deaths of those who died before he arrived on Geonosis? But he knew the deal by the time he got there, so he was prepared.

66 and Alderaan were completely unexpected and large, (the simultaneous betrayal of Jedi across the galaxy and the destruction of an entire plannet full of people), so the disturbance in The Force would surely be large & easily felt by those so in touch with it such as Yoda & Obi-Wan.

Jedi Priestess
Indeed yes

JKozzy
Originally posted by Captain REX
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put it here.

When we see Yoda during Order 66, and later Obi-Wan during the destruction of Alderaan, both are in what seems to be a spirit-breaking, chest-clenching, heart-pounding fit of pain. Yoda basically falls over when the Jedi Order is wiped clean from the face of the Galaxy, and Obi-Wan needs to sit on the Falcon when billions of lives are erased.

Now, what of Geonosis? Why is Yoda not falling over in his gunship when a little less than two hundred Jedi are wiped out? There can't be that many more Jedi in the Order by the end of the Clone Wars, so why would he not feel pain from the Battle of Geonosis? I thought he looked irritated in some way leaning on his cane in the ship... maybe that scene was just cut from the movie stick out tongue

Sith Master X
It was definitely out of shock. He was at the battle of Geonosis, and could see for himself the death and destruction that was occuring. He probably didn't expect the Jedi Purge.

Captain REX
So much for the thought-provoking thread idea... stick out tongue

Thanks, that clears that up. We'll see what others think. *shrug*

SithHappens
I think it was because how they died. On Geonosis, the Jedi died honorably in battle. Which probably caused less disturbance. In the purge and the destruction of Alderan, people were killed suddenly, unexpectly, and most painfully and betrayed which probably caused more disturbance in the force.

darthmaul1
there were not a little less than 200 jedi on genosis..... i would have to say there was only 30 to 40 and not even half of them were wiped out.

Ushgarak
I think the cause is different in both cases. Alderan really is a mass murder of billions, in an instant, an almost unimaginable event.

Order 66- I am not sure if Yoda is feeling the deaths of the Jedi, as such- well, he may be. But far more I am sure he is feeling the huge "something has gone really really REALLY wrong and millions are going to die because of it" feeling, and that is what causes his shock.

PVS
pretty much what ush said with one more thing.

order 66 and alderan's destruction were not expected. the deaths in these events were sudden and without warning. thus the element of shock.

however, the geonosis battle was different. all the jedi went into that knowing the risk they were taking. im sure yoda was very upset over the casualties, but he knew the possibilities and was able to keep a clear steady mind from being prepared for the worst.

i think thats pretty much it

Captain REX
darthmaul1, the Official Site site said there were 200 Jedi there.

Sounds reasonable to me. big grin

Sadako of Girth
Yeah... Just because we didn't see all of 'em, it doesn't mean they weren't there... Could easily have been in other nearby areas and/or leading clone battalions...

kremzike
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I am sure he is feeling the huge "something has gone really really REALLY wrong

Like he does right after Anakin is named Darth Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.