Wonder Woman VS upper street-levelers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khellendros
Wonder Woman: No flying, no lasso, with bracelets.

VS.

Captain America
Batman
Batgirl
Iron fist
Taskmaster
Black Panther
Midnighter
Daredevil
Wolverine
Deathstroke

The team gets their basic equipment. Do they stand a chance against the Amazon?

olympian
Wonder Woman wins. Not only is she highly skilled, shes durable on her own ( altho less than some guys here ). Her combat speed is higher, and her huge strengh advantage is going to give her the wins.

Simply put, shes skilled as these guys, have faster reflexes and her punches can Ko any of those if she wants.

jinzin
i think wonder woman would lose...but not without a lot of human shields going down first...

olympian
Her only way of losing is if she wfights around slow for Wolverine to stab her.

Unlike Superman she usually uses combat speed.

jinzin
explain to me why deathstroke can't give her a decent run for her money when he's already done it?

Khellendros
Originally posted by olympian
Wonder Woman wins. Not only is she highly skilled, shes durable on her own ( altho less than some guys here ). Her combat speed is higher, and her huge strengh advantage is going to give her the wins.

Simply put, shes skilled as these guys, have faster reflexes and her punches can Ko any of those if she wants.
Yeah, but I've heard Deathstroke has given her trouble before, and Midnighter is more like Deathstroke in powerset than he is to, say, Batman. Wolverine has his adamantium and healing factor, Black Panther has his vibranium suit and a few of Iron Fist's chi amped punches in a row could probably injure her. It's a tought fight for the team, of course, but if you look at their abilities and feats this shapes up as a good struggle for WW.

olympian
Because more often than not shes has everythng to win. And with that strengh differnce and speed i fail to see how they win the majority.

And i consider Deadstrock against Jla a low showing. Unless you come up with the idea hes above them as a group. Even that one without Superman he fought.

Khellendros
And i consider Deadstrock against Jla a low showing. Unless you come up with the idea hes above them as a group. Even that one without Superman he fought.
Of course he isn't above them as a group, but that's the point with these characters. Guys like Deathstroke and Wolverine and to a greater extent Batman And Daredevil have taking on people who are above them in power levels as their stock in trade.

Between the use of explosives from Deathstroke and Batman, the healing factors of Wolverine, Deathstroke and Midnighter and the resistance to sever injury afforded to BP Captain America and Wolveine with his skeleton, I think Wonder woman is in trouble.

Khellendros
BUMP for more votes/arguments.

Sentry
Iron Fist and Wolvie can hurt her good. Iron Fist can sink tankers with his blows. If the others distracted her, he could land a few solid shots in, while she's disoriented, Wolvie could plunge his claws into her.

demigawd
when written the way she's supposed to be written (a stutter step behind Superman in all categories), she would be able to end this fight in seconds. She should be herald category going against street characters, it should be no contest. Superman has earth-shattering power, the ability to level the planet if he so chose, and Wonder Woman is considered his peer. There's no way this group should be able to stand against Wonder Woman, when written properly.

Unfortunately, unless she's fighting Superman, she's rarely written properly, which is why writers have her fighting people like Deathstroke and Batman hand-to-hand. So REAL Wonder Woman wins 10/10. Recent Wonder Woman only wins 4/10 due to durability problems against people like Iron Fist, Deathstroke and Wolverine.

olympian
Well i changed my mind a bit. Without her weapons she is going to be in more trouble.

Its this way, if she manages to connect her punches against thse guys they all lose. If they manage to connect theyrs and considering her low durability, shes going to get down. Especially with guys like Wolverine and his claws.

Tron
Think about this, you've put these street levels against a character who's only a small step below Superman, and fights far better. True, some of these guys can hurt her if they hit her (that's a very BIG if), but like demigawd said, written right, she can easily backhand every one of them into unconciousness within seconds.

long pig
Agreed.
She wins.

Slade gave her a good run, but one reason was because he's immune to magic for some reason.

they all can hurt her, but it's doubtful any would pull a win.

olympian
I agree. My last stance was IF they manage to hit her. If she had Supermans durability or even below they wouldnt stand a single chance.

long pig
Her durability isn't like superman's at all. Anyone can stab her, but blunt forces bounce off.

Any of these guys can stab/shoot her, but it's doubtful she'd give 'em time.

Regular old aluminium needles peirce her skin just like they do ours, but say a train runs into her, she'd be fine.

It's weird.

olympian
Thats why they have - a - chance. Her durability for someone of that level sucks.

Overall i agree, she wont give them time to do it. But theres always that slight possibility. Thats why i included it.

long pig
Wait, is it all at one time?

demigawd
Yes.

But dogpiling can work against them as easily as it can work for them. Like, she can grab Wolverine and use him as a sword against everybody else.

jinzin
I agree. My last stance was IF they manage to hit her. If she had Supermans durability or even below they wouldnt stand a single chance.

what do you mean IF?

jinzin
my take deathstroke gave her a good run and hit her ALOT in that fight...wolverine went move for move with deathstroke and they were both dodging eachother like crazy, these two guys ALONE should be able to give her a decent run....add in those other dozen heroes, she goes down...

DarkCrawler
How strong is Deathstroke? WW gets hit by guys like Darkseid and gtes up right after it. Punches from WW will set all the street levelers fly miles away...I think that she can take it unless the all dogpile on her.

Solidus Snake
WW will win each one effortlessly.

deathstroke will be teh greatest challenge.

ZephroCarnelian
Iron Fist could possibly hurt her.

So could Logan with his toothpicks.

The rest couldn't scratch her.

So she rips most of them in half with her bare hands, then flies up and throws lorries and double-deckers at the other two until they're squished.

Simple.

who?-kid
This is an unfair battle. Wonderwoman is outclassed. She is FAR from being invulnerable, and some of the guys she has to face, are experienced geniuses.

Throw in Wolverine, Taskmaster, Iron Fist (and that irritating Midnighter) and she'll go down.

Darth_Erebus
The Amazon cleans house. This one's not even close.

Wanderer259
She's busy dealing with someone when somebody else fast enough puts a bullet through her head.

One-on-one, I'd give it to Diana, but there's just too many here to not be invulnerable.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Tron
Think about this, you've put these street levels against a character who's only a small step below Superman, and fights far better. True, some of these guys can hurt her if they hit her (that's a very BIG if), but like demigawd said, written right, she can easily backhand every one of them into unconciousness within seconds.

I think in less than a second her superspeed is that of a godbig grin

Albeit "a small god"wink

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

jinzin
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
How strong is Deathstroke? WW gets hit by guys like Darkseid and gtes up right after it. Punches from WW will set all the street levelers fly miles away...I think that she can take it unless the all dogpile on her.

deathstroke is said to be in about the class 10 range..but then you throw in the fact that he knows how to throw a punch as effectively and as accurately as batman and you're looking at a far more exponential amount of power in said punch than what his strength class would suggest...

demigawd
Except Wonder Woman is at least 10 times stronger than that. And an order of magnitude faster (speed of Mercury). Think of you punching someone who can bench 15 pounds. That's the equivalent of you beating up an eight year old.

jinzin
yeah but deathstroke was taking hits from her as well...the thing is, she's up against way too many experienced h2h combatants and two of which have near precognition skills due to how well they can anticipate the way a battle will pan out.....can wonder woman move faster than flash? cause that's what she's up against....guys that can beat up on people who move at flash-like speeds....can she hit harder than hulk? cause she's up against people who have KO his butt as well...

I just don't see how she wins...she takes a lot of these guys' sorry asses with her but she ain't winnin....

DarkCrawler
Well, she can knock out any of these guys with one punch...

jinzin
like she couldn't with deathstroke? or how she probably won't with wolverine? or how she couldn't with batman?

DarkCrawler
If Wonder Woman can lift something that is bigger then city, then yes, she can knock them all out with a punch. Yes, even Wolverine.

jinzin
even people she won't touch?

really..batman took down her most fiercest and skilled amaons in three panals...wonder womans not exactly free of threat here...

demigawd
Originally posted by jinzin
yeah but deathstroke was taking hits from her as well...the thing is, she's up against way too many experienced h2h combatants and two of which have near precognition skills due to how well they can anticipate the way a battle will pan out.....can wonder woman move faster than flash? cause that's what she's up against....guys that can beat up on people who move at flash-like speeds....can she hit harder than hulk? cause she's up against people who have KO his butt as well...

I just don't see how she wins...she takes a lot of these guys' sorry asses with her but she ain't winnin....

Well, that goes back to what I was saying before. When written correctly, at, say, bloodlust mode or vs. Superman mode, she wins EASILY. She beat Flash blind. BLIND. Remember, she's got the speed of mercury. That makes her the fastest person on this battlefield. She hits with force comparable to the Hulk. How many of these guys could survive that kind of hit ONCE, much less multiple times? And she's as skilled in the martial arts as many of the guys here.

These guys shouldn't lay a hand on her. She could kick one of these guys like a soccer ball into three more and take them all out. Four down in one shot. Rinse. Repeat.

Do you think Superman can beat Deathstroke in one punch? If so, then WW should too.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by demigawd
Well, that goes back to what I was saying before. When written correctly, at, say, bloodlust mode or vs. Superman mode, she wins EASILY. She beat Flash blind. BLIND. Remember, she's got the speed of mercury. That makes her the fastest person on this battlefield. She hits with force comparable to the Hulk. How many of these guys could survive that kind of hit ONCE, much less multiple times? And she's as skilled in the martial arts as many of the guys here.

These guys shouldn't lay a hand on her. She could kick one of these guys like a soccer ball into three more and take them all out. Four down in one shot. Rinse. Repeat.

Do you think Superman can beat Deathstroke in one punch? If so, then WW should too.

Its all truebig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

jinzin

see the thing is if she stops for a moment, for a split second, that's all deathstroke needs to capitalize on it and win.....I think given the heroes she's fighting here that's more than a fair assumption...

demigawd
How is Deathstroke going to turn a split second into a win against the likes of Wonder Woman? Just so we're clear, Deathstroke put up a fight, but he still got totally owned in the end.

jinzin
shotgun. he did the exact same thing to impulse...the split second impulse hesitated in movement was all he needed for deathstroke to turn him into a target...

demigawd
Wonder Woman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Impulse.

She dodges and blocks gunfire in her spare time.

jinzin
cause she has to..there's no room for even marginal error here....that's all the team needs...

demigawd
You're basing this whole thing on a slim chance that someone could land some kind of lucky shot, as though it's a game of tag. It's not. She doesn't have great durability, but it's not like Wolverine slashes her and the game is over. She's a warrior - she fights through A LOT of damage. And I don't believe they can do enough damage to her to actually put her down. Might she get stabbed in the process? Maybe. Will she get shot a couple of times? Possibly. Might she even take an iron fist shot before it's all said and done? I can see that. But you're talking about a girl who took poundings from the likes of Superman and Darkseid. What's a little chi from a CL 1/8 opponent going to do to put her down that multiple shots from CL100+ opponents could not?

WW still takes this.

jinzin
just like you're basing you're whole argument on wonder woman moving faster than impulse speed throughout the entire fight..... if deathstroke already gave her a hell of a run and hit her a bunch of times..I really don't see how she wins this against ALL these people...like I said...bats alone has already taken down her fiercest amazon..I know that it wasn't wonder woman but that's still hella impressive for a feat BY HIMSELF...add in all these other heroes I don't see how she wins...

DarkCrawler
even people she won't touch?

really..batman took down her most fiercest and skilled amaons in three panals...wonder womans not exactly free of threat here...

Normal amazons are like Class 1 or 2... confused

DarkCrawler
just like you're basing you're whole argument on wonder woman moving faster than impulse speed throughout the entire fight..... if deathstroke already gave her a hell of a run and hit her a bunch of times..I really don't see how she wins this against ALL these people...like I said...bats alone has already taken down her fiercest amazon..I know that it wasn't wonder woman but that's still hella impressive for a feat BY HIMSELF...add in all these other heroes I don't see how she wins...

So wait...you base this whole fight on one fight with Deathstroke? What the f**k?

jinzin
oh I'm sorry I had no idea that normal amozons could take on supergirl who outfought superman...and win.........confused

jinzin
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
So wait...you base this whole fight on one fight with Deathstroke? What the f**k?

I'm basing this whole fight on the amount of a threat that deathstroke is from all of his feats against ridiculously powered foes....and the fact that all he needs is a split second to take this and win it...

DarkCrawler
oh I'm sorry I had no idea that normal amozons could take on supergirl who outfought superman...and win.........confused

Well, Wonder Woman's mother has the strength of ten amazons, and she is only powerful enough to lift cars...

jinzin
that makes no sense.....

in any case artimes beat supergirl...batman beat artimes....

demigawd

That's akin to saying because Captain American took out a couple of Asgardians that he can beat Thor. That's also akin to saying that because Captain America landed some shots on King Thor in The Reigning that he's a worthy opponent. He's not.

WW doesn't have to move faster than Impulse speed. She's already the fastest person on the battlefield, right? Nobody is faster. Deathstroke can sneak in a punch here or there, but that's nothing. Deathstroke SURVIVED against Wonder Woman, he never hurt her. As soon as she got serious, that was it for Deathstroke.

No one but Deathstroke has superhuman strength. No one has superhuman speed. Like I said, she can keep her distance by using superior running speed, then attack them one by one, or just grab one of them and throw them at escape velocity into others. Or she can thunderclap them Hulk style. Or pick up cars and trees and beat the hell out of them. Or uproot the ground from under them. Or pick up stones and snipe them with them. There are A LOT more things she can do to end this fight than vice versa.

demigawd
that makes no sense.....

in any case artimes beat supergirl...batman beat artimes....

Artemes did NOT beat Supergirl in a fight. They were sword dueling as an exercise, something Supergirl had never done before and Artemes won the duel. Wonder Woman said herself that Artemes sword would have broken against Supergirl's skin if she struck, and Superman later said that Supergirl could single-handedly take down the entire island if she wanted to. So that proves nothing, unless you're trying to say Batman can beat Supergirl H2H. And I KNOW you're not trying to say that...are you?

jinzin
after she got serious...and he still hit her.....

all he needs is one shot...and it's over..same with wolverine, same with midnighter, same with batman, same with cap, same with BP, same with taskmaster, same with batgirl....yadda yadda yadda...

DarkCrawler
Well, that is bad writing. Wonder Woman is 100 times stronger, why doesn't she just rip that damn staff out of his hand and beat Deathstroke to death with it?

jinzin
Artemes did NOT beat Supergirl in a fight. They were sword dueling as an exercise, something Supergirl had never done before and Artemes won the duel. Wonder Woman said herself that Artemes sword would have broken against Supergirl's skin if she struck, and Superman later said that Supergirl could single-handedly take down the entire island if she wanted to. So that proves nothing, unless you're trying to say Batman can beat Supergirl H2H. And I KNOW you're not trying to say that...are you?

what..supergirl had been training for months....artimes kicked her legs ot from under her and gained the leverage to secure a win and then supes interffered....that's a win....superman said she had wnough power to take on the island and wonder woman agreed sure..but she also said it's how one knows how to use the power they've got obviously batman isn't going to win h2h but he has the tools to be considered a serious threat here...

demigawd
after she got serious...and he still hit her.....

all he needs is one shot...and it's over..same with wolverine, same with midnighter, same with batman, same with cap, same with BP, same with taskmaster, same with batgirl....yadda yadda yadda...

Thanks for the scan. Notice that she really wasn't trying to hit Deathstroke that whole fight. She fliped him, tripped him, did everything she could to NOT hit him. she finally said enough of this, and with a smirk, gut punched him ONCE and ended it. Just like that. She was basically toying with him.

No way any of those people can knock out WONDER WOMAN, peer of SUPERMAN in one shot. None. Not one. She could stand there and say "take your best shot", and nobody is going to take her out with one shot. Not Deathstroke, not Wolverine, not Iron Fist. No one.

what..supergirl had been training for months....artimes kicked her legs ot from under her and gained the leverage to secure a win and then supes interffered....that's a win....superman said she had wnough power to take on the island and wonder woman agreed sure..but she also said it's how one knows how to use the power they've got obviously batman isn't going to win h2h but he has the tools to be considered a serious threat here...

That's not evidence of anything. Of course Artemis is capable of tripping Supergirl. It's just a matter of leverage. What would Artemis have done next? Stabbed her? Her sword would have broken. Punched her? She'd break her own hand. Artemis would have been utterly useless if she tried to follow up. You think Supergirl couldn't end Artemis' life in a nanosecond if, say, she went up against Artemis instead of Superman after Darkseid programmed her?

jinzin
<<<"Thanks for the scan. Notice that she really wasn't trying to hit Deathstroke that whole fight. She fliped him, tripped him, did everything she could to NOT hit him. she finally said enough of this, and with a smirk, gut punched him ONCE and ended it. Just like that. She was basically toying with him.">>>

and yet for all of you insightful attributes about her, her speed didn't help her from getting pummeled in the first 3 quarters of this fight...

<<<<'No way any of those people can knock out WONDER WOMAN, peer of SUPERMAN in one shot. None. Not one. She could stand there and say "take your best shot", and nobody is going to take her out with one shot. Not Deathstroke, not Wolverine, not Iron Fist. No one.">>>

actually wolverine would end her life with one hit..anyone could do with with a sharp object right?

<<<"That's not evidence of anything. Of course Artemis is capable of tripping Supergirl. It's just a matter of leverage. What would Artemis have done next? Stabbed her? Her sword would have broken. Punched her? She'd break her own hand. Artemis would have been utterly useless if she tried to follow up. You think Supergirl couldn't end Artemis' life in a nanosecond if, say, she went up against Artemis instead of Superman after Darkseid programmed her?">>>

i think she could beat artemis of course..but in a nanosecond? hmmm I'm still deciding....I mean she was holding her own against those doomsday clones.

demigawd
<<<"Thanks for the scan. Notice that she really wasn't trying to hit Deathstroke that whole fight. She fliped him, tripped him, did everything she could to NOT hit him. she finally said enough of this, and with a smirk, gut punched him ONCE and ended it. Just like that. She was basically toying with him.">>>

and yet for all of you insightful attributes about her, her speed didn't help her from getting pummeled in the first 3 quarters of this fight...

Pummeled is an overstatement. She was being toying with him and being kindly because, well, who is he? Just some guy 1/20th her strength. It's like letting your three year old kid wail away on your stomach until he accidentally smashes your nuts, then you figure, "ok, that's enough of that" and throw your kid out the window. Fight over.

Oh. Er....

I don't even think Wolverine could do it, honestly. She's got tough skin. I don't think he could kill her in one shot. And certainly none of the rest of them.

Either way, you must ackcnowledge that you can't use her sparring session with Artemis as any kind of predictor of anything whatsoever. You only saw a REAL fighting Supergirl against Superman...and she damn near wasted him.

jinzin
<<"Pummeled is an overstatement. She was being toying with him and being kindly because, well, who is he? Just some guy 1/20th her strength. It's like letting your three year old kid wail away on your stomach until he accidentally smashes your nuts, then you figure, "ok, that's enough of that" and throw your kid out the window. Fight over.

Oh. Er....">>>

ummm deathstroke was messing her up the entire fight he even seemed to have knocked the wind out of her....one would think with the speed of mercury bit that she would move out of the way maybe she likes being hurt..orrrrrr....maybe she couldn't do jack about it cause she doesn't fight at that speed......

<<<"I don't even think Wolverine could do it, honestly. She's got tough skin. I don't think he could kill her in one shot. And certainly none of the rest of them.">>>

tougher than hulks? is sharp objects not her weakness?

<<<"Either way, you must ackcnowledge that you can't use her sparring session with Artemis as any kind of predictor of anything whatsoever. You only saw a REAL fighting Supergirl against Superman...and she damn near wasted him.">>>

okay I admit it wasn't the best analogy..but I still think that it says something about batman being a threat here....but I can use it to predict that artemis has much more strength than prevously assumed...otherwise supergirl would have creamed artemis with the sword...by your own admission she didn't have a lot of skill with a sword right? do you know how hard it is to control a weapon without said skill? consider her superstrength..... suddenly the fact that artemis' strength didn't collapse in the process of the swords clashing is much more impressive....

demigawd
<<"Pummeled is an overstatement. She was being toying with him and being kindly because, well, who is he? Just some guy 1/20th her strength. It's like letting your three year old kid wail away on your stomach until he accidentally smashes your nuts, then you figure, "ok, that's enough of that" and throw your kid out the window. Fight over.

Oh. Er....">>>

ummm deathstroke was messing her up the entire fight he even seemed to have knocked the wind out of her....one would think with the speed of mercury bit that she would move out of the way maybe she likes being hurt..orrrrrr....maybe she couldn't do jack about it cause she doesn't fight at that speed......

She did do jack about it. She said, "that's enough" quite calmly, gut punched him once and that was the end of the fight.

She's beaten Flash and most of the rest of the JLA while blind. You don't think she could beat a bunch of streets with her full sight when written correctly? Like I said, she could Thunderclap Hulk style and take half of them out. She can blow the rest of them away...literally, with the same superbreath all major league powerhouses have. I just keep naming possibilities here. If you want to account for someone getting in a lucky shot, then it's good for one victory in a ten fight series. But given that WW is stronger and faster than all of them COMBINED, she takes the VAST majority here. You don't agree?

jinzin
she couldnt' do jack shit to avoid getting hit..that was my point..you obviously missed it...

correctly written? if that's the case doesn't batman already have a failsafe to take her down? that theories somewhat subjective...

and no I don't agree...though you make a convincing argument...

demigawd
Characters using speed isn't often written into characters. How many times has Flash been hit by those damn boomerangs? Deathstroke BEAT Flash. Do you think that was supposed to happen? PIS makes for strange effects.

But not on this board. On this board, characters fight with the powers they're given. ALL of them. And WW is as fast as Mercury. Deathstroke shouldn't be able to hit her. And in the end, she wasn't hurt. Just look at the smile on her face. She's a warrior.

Deathstroke is the strongest of the opponents on this field. If THAT was the best he could do, after hitting her over and over, then ain't no way the rest are taking her down.

Just out of curiousity - out of 10 fights, how do you have them going?

jinzin
deathstroke used no pointed weapons....and as far as him taking down flash if these characters are supposed to use everything they've been given than him taking down flash is not so unbeliveable....WW may have been smiling due to satisfaction, but during the fight DS was hurting her....

out of 10? not sure yet...still deciding...

demigawd
deathstroke used no pointed weapons....and as far as him taking down flash if these characters are supposed to use everything they've been given than him taking down flash is not so unbeliveable....WW may have been smiling due to satisfaction, but during the fight DS was hurting her....

out of 10? not sure yet...still deciding...

Deathstroke taking down the Flash IS unbelieveable. Deathstroke could ambush Flash and try to cut his head off, but Flash would feel the sword against him in slow motion and just...walk out of the way, even after it makes contact, because he wouldn't be around long enough for it to pierce his skin. Deathstroke could snipe Flash and the bullet could touch Flash's head. Flash would just think, "hey, a bullet is trying to enter my head", then...walk out of the way before it even begins to enter his head. THAT is a character written to the best of his abilities, not his silly loss.

Likewise, with Wonder Woman written correctly, Deathstroke's hardest blows should hurt HIM more than it hurts her. She's 20x his strength. And even with the writing we've seen in that issue you've posted, in the end, she ended it with one punch. And Deathstroke, like we agreed, is the strongest of the bunch you've assembled. She took him down with a single punch. I see no reason she couldn't do likewise to everybody else, given her strength level.

Also, you're counting on the fact that she's going to be somehow overwhelmed by sheer numbers. This is the same woman who fought superpowered ARMIES for 10,000 years. Enhanced Metas and Low Level Heralds - hundreds of them at a time. For 10,000 years. What are half-dozens streets compared to that?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Khellendros
Wonder Woman: No flying, no lasso, with bracelets.

VS.

Captain America
Batman
Batgirl
Iron fist
Taskmaster
Black Panther
Midnighter
Daredevil
Wolverine
Deathstroke

The team gets their basic equipment. Do they stand a chance against the Amazon?

I want to say WW logically, but in writing she'd lose, seeing as Iron Fist did something good to hulk.

But where her credits due, she is just below superman, that AND she's a superior fighter in terms of proificency, but she isn't as durable as superman.

I feel she can take it 7/10.... for now.

long pig
No, it isn't.
Marv(Slade's inventor) said when asked about Slades speed compaired to Flash "No one has tested Slades speed for the first 20 feet, but for those first 20 feet, Slade can hang with Flash."

Those first few feet are all he needs, lets not forget his eye's are enhanced to see lightspeed action and even able to see on the
molecular level.

Nah, he has wolverine level durability, and it was said in that fight that Slade was faster than WonderWoman.
Of course he can't beat her himself, but he could definatly cut her.

CorderaMitchell
I could suffice with cut, but defeating flash written at his best I still cannot.

long pig
Why? When it's clearly stated that a fully powered Slade can keep up with him for the first couple steps.

If flash had time to reach uber speeds, then Flash would win, not because Slade can't see him, but because he can't react at FTL speeds.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by long pig
Why? When it's clearly stated that a fully powered Slade can keep up with him for the first couple steps.

If flash had time to reach uber speeds, then Flash would win, not because Slade can't see him, but because he can't react at FTL speeds.

I understand that, I'm not saying not hit, but if this were a fight to life and death, I don't see him simply taking care of flash like that, thats hard for me to agree with there.

leonidas
i think i'm with khell and jinzin on this one. the deciding factor for me is that her invulnerability isn't where it would need to be to survive this one. they can certainly hit her, as has been shown time and again, and all it would really take is one good stunning blow, wolvie zips in slices her head off or stabs her in the heart. there would certainly be casualties, and none of them are taking her individually, but damn, bats, cap, panther, ds all working together, making strategy, working as a team . . .

that's one tough ass team. IF she could somehow take out cap before the others, and get his shield, well then, the team is officailly f'd. but i think she'd need the shield to win this.

good, thought provoking match khell.

long pig
^^^no shit leo.

If they work together, they do have the greatest tactical minds on earth to help.

WW will get cut many times in this fight, and she will be wounded mortally, but she'd kill the rest as well as herself dying.

Plus, Slade has grenades that have k.o'd Superboy and Wondergirl at the same time....one grenade.

If he lobs a few of those and they work, it'd open her upp for an attack from wolvies adamantium, slades adamantium equivilant Sword and his nervous system attacking promethium staff cannon(which has knocked WW on her knees before.) and Sabretooths adamantium claws.

This ain't no easy fight for either.

CorderaMitchell
I'm starting to agree a little aswell.

She can't fly.

She doesn't have a bio field.

She gets no weapons either.

She may be a step from superman, but superman has the durability to shrug this off, whereas she doesn't, AND she can't fly, she doesn't have the lasso nor the bracers, and she's dogpiles.

Quantity over quality in this case, especially when the quality becomes less, than usual.

demigawd
No, it isn't.
Marv(Slade's inventor) said when asked about Slades speed compaired to Flash "No one has tested Slades speed for the first 20 feet, but for those first 20 feet, Slade can hang with Flash."

Slade's reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with his ability or inability to hurt Flash. What I described above was that Slade could very well slice at Flash from behind, but Flash is so fast that he could feel the sword against him and move out of the way before it begins cutting. It doesn't matter how fast Slade is to react, he wouldn't be able to slice with any impact. Ditto with guns. The idea that, in Identity Crisis, Flash had to run AROUND explosives is ridiculous. Flash should outrun the explosives.

I'm not sure where this whole acceleration rumor started that makes him out to be slower than he is, but just remember...Flash evacuated an entire city in LESS time than it took for a nuclear explosion to level it. No running start necessary. And THAT is FTL reaction time - seeing the bomb begin to go off, evac millions of people, relocate them out of range of the nuclear bomb in the time it takes for the bomb engulf the area. And you're telling me that some dude could ever cut him with a sword? Or that bullets would ever connect? PIS.

That's nice, so he can see himself missing Flash over and over.

Having Wolverine durability doesn't impress me. I think Wonder Woman can knock out Wolverine with one shot, too. Or just throw him miles away like what happened to poor Wolvie this month in New Avengers.

demigawd
I think what everybody is getting wrong is this belief that it's a close quarters slugfest. It's not, or at least it doesn't have to be. If the rules stated, "Wonder Woman is limited to punching and kicking, and the battle starts from 10 feet away", then maybe they could get enough shots in to take her down. But those aren't the rules, so she's NOT limited to simply punching and kicking everybody. When dealing with streets with human strength and durability, pretty much anyone above CL50 is the damn Hulk to them. Why on earth would she just sit there and trade punches? She's goddamn Superman-lite. Hulk-lite.

I see it like this:
She thunderclaps them, a la Hulk. Batman, Batgirl, Iron Fist, Taskmaster, Daredevil all go down...you can't dodge it, you can't avoid it, and they're all totally human in durability.
She could probably take most of the rest of them with a second thunderclap, but for variety, she stomps and breaks the ground open, swallowing Cap.
She runs back to get some more distance. She's the fastest runner on that battlefield, no one is closing the gap on her. She grabs a tree and swats Wolverine away into near earth orbit. That leaves Midnighter and Deathstroke, who are probably the two most formidable opponents. But those two by themselves aren't going to beat her. They might land some shots, but she's beaten an ARMY of enhanced metas. Two high level streets aren't going to beat her.

So as long as Wonder Woman prevents a dogpile, and given her running speed, a dogpile is impossible, she can take them all out at a distance, at her leisure.

And wins with signficant ease.

DarkCrawler
^agree.

WW wins this 8/10.

long pig
No, he couldn't.
Not when being stabbed by someone who can react and attack as fast as you can for the first few feet. Slade was even said to be FASTER in some areas.
If flash were to try to move before the blade begins to cut, Slade would simply move with him and continue with the stabbing.
Slade is nearly=Flash for the first few steps.

Obviously he can.
It's like this: If Flash and Slade were two feet in front of each other, and they were going to have an old fashioned style gun fight, and they both go for their own gun at the same time, they'd both reach, grab and point the gun at nearly the same speed.

Same thing with a knife fight, they'd pull their knives at nearly the same time and both would have an equal chance of stabbing the other for the first few steps, then Flash would go around him like he's standing still.

No, it isn't.
Flash doesn't reach lightspeed from the first step, it takes him time to reach full speed. His normal cruising speed is around 300mph. He didn't have but maybe 7 feet to work with there, and since he went from being still to running, he probably didn't reach 300pmh yet.

It isn't a rumor, it's been stated many times by his writers and in his comics, there are scans of it in the Gladiator Thread.

DarkCrawler
What about that one time when Flash heard an bullet launch, changed into his costume, ran to the crowd of people, searched the backs of everyone and then grabbed the bullet behind policewoman's back? He himself said that he was not able to move in full speed in the crowd, but he was still fast enough to do all that.

long pig
The time he heard a gunshot and ran around looking for the gunman? I don't think he changed costumes, but he may have.

Like I said, he can't go lightspeed from step one, but he can definatly go sub sonic after a few steps.

The room he had to move was enough to go fast enough to do what he needed.
The room he had when he faught Slade wasn't more than 7 feet, add surgically placed bombs and you have a distracted flash.

long pig
Shit, I'm not saying Slade can match Flash's speed, I'm just repeating what Slade's writer said, he can hang with him for the first few steps enough to get the job done.

Slade isn't a speedster, but he is very very fast and smart.

CorderaMitchell
Shit, I'm not saying Slade can match Flash's speed, I'm just repeating what Slade's writer said, he can hang with him for the first few steps enough to get the job done.

Slade isn't a speedster, but he is very very fast and smart.

agreed.

WW can win, but I'm not so sure that it would be so easily though.

Khellendros
Man, this turned into a decent thread. Just to clear something up for the few people who were unclear: this is WW versus the whole group all at once, one on one would be ridiculous.

Seriously though, I definitely see the group taking this. Midnighter can cloud the minds of others, making himself invisible to people a few feet away or with enhanced senses. He can plot every possible move she can make, and be reacting as soon as he sees her twitch. Deathstroke is fast enough to give Speed Force users trouble, and has the weapons and know-how to hurt metas with comparable durability. Black Panther is above peak human, wears a suit that absorbs kinetic impact, and a set of vibranium claws and an energy knife that can slice into heavy duty steel with ease. Taskmaster has an energy projector that lets him mimic Wolverine's claws, Spidey's webbing and Cap's shield, along with a huge variety of fighting styles and the ability to move at double peak human speeds. Captain America knows every fighting style on earth, and has a shield that has taken hits from various versions of Thor with little or no trouble. Given half a chance, Iron Fist will put a hurting on her with his chi fist. wolverine has taken hits from the Hulk and kept coming, hell, he's been kncocked into orbit and survived.

Frankly, I'd give the team of Deathstroke, Midnighter, Wolverine and Captain America a chance at a couple wins out of ten. With all these other insane fighters to keep her busy, I seriously think Wonder Woman is getting beat down here.

CorderaMitchell
Man, this turned into a decent thread. Just to clear something up for the few people who were unclear: this is WW versus the whole group all at once, one on one would be ridiculous.

Seriously though, I definitely see the group taking this. Midnighter can cloud the minds of others, making himself invisible to people a few feet away or with enhanced senses. He can plot every possible move she can make, and be reacting as soon as he sees her twitch. Deathstroke is fast enough to give Speed Force users trouble, and has the weapons and know-how to hurt metas with comparable durability. Black Panther is above peak human, wears a suit that absorbs kinetic impact, and a set of vibranium claws and an energy knife that can slice into heavy duty steel with ease. Taskmaster has an energy projector that lets him mimic Wolverine's claws, Spidey's webbing and Cap's shield, along with a huge variety of fighting styles and the ability to move at double peak human speeds. Captain America knows every fighting style on earth, and has a shield that has taken hits from various versions of Thor with little or no trouble. Given half a chance, Iron Fist will put a hurting on her with his chi fist. wolverine has taken hits from the Hulk and kept coming, hell, he's been kncocked into orbit and survived.

Frankly, I'd give the team of Deathstroke, Midnighter, Wolverine and Captain America a chance at a couple wins out of ten. With all these other insane fighters to keep her busy, I seriously think Wonder Woman is getting beat down here.

This is where I agree, one on one IS ridiculous.

The thing is Wonder Woman is AWESOME, but she is removed from what makes her shine the most. She isn't as durable as superman, and is going against like 30-40 powers at once. That, and Captain America's leadership, lead me to believe that he can get the others to take WW down, but after a hard fight.

People always use the example of WW being taken off guard by Batman in sparring matches. Deathstroke is in this equation, and I believe he, Captan America, and Iron Fist perhaps, are the deciding factors.

The problem with this thread is that the title itself says "upper street levelers" against them one on one she'd clobber them, but otherwise, I still need to consider. I had a hard enough time convincing everyone in the spiderman vs. trio thread, he was in bloodlust with ALL of his powers.

I don't think WW would even win 8/10, without a scratch, this would be no walk in the park.

My mind can be changed however.

demigawd
No, he couldn't.
Not when being stabbed by someone who can react and attack as fast as you can for the first few feet. Slade was even said to be FASTER in some areas.
If flash were to try to move before the blade begins to cut, Slade would simply move with him and continue with the stabbing.
Slade is nearly=Flash for the first few steps.

But again, there's a difference between being able to react as fast as someone the first few steps and being as fast as they are. There are no examples of Slade moving at 300mph at ANY steps. None. There are plenty of showings of him REACTING really fast, but reacting fast and moving fast are two different things. For example, your analogy below:

This I agree with, because they are rivals in reaction time, in thinking speed. HOWEVER, what comes next is what makes the biggest difference. They grab and point the gun at the same speed, and perhaps Slade even pulls the trigger first. Flash's power comes into play at this point, because he is fast enough to see the bullet leaving its chamber and outrun it before it actually hits him. Like the example someone used in a previous post, he was able to hear a bullet coming, change into his outfit and find it all before it hit anyone. Slade could, like Flash, hear the bullet coming beforehand, perhaps even see it coming. He could NOT, change clothes and get people out of the way or anything else but possibly dodge it himself. That's the difference here. Ditto with Flash sensing a nuke start to go off, then clearing out the whole city before its blast radius engulfs the city. That's FTL reaction time AND speed.

See what I'm saying? Let's use this other example you referenced below:

ok, in this case, they'd pull their knives at the same time, but they would NOT have an equal chance of stabbing the other. Their thought processes and initial reactions would be nearly identical, but by the time Slades strike came down, Flash would be long gone. Even if he began initial contact with Flash

If that were true, he wouldn't have been able to clear out a city in less than a second. If that were true, he wouldn't have been able to hear a bullet and change clothes and etc. If that were true he wouldn't have been able to instantly lend his speed to the JLA, taking the whole group into the speedforce right in the middle of another character's speech. But he has, because he can. And you're telling me that a guy who can react fast enough to save an entire city from a nuclear explosion AFTER IT STARTED suddenly can't save himself from some dynamite? I don't think so.

But back on topic - the scan you posted specifically said that Slade MAY be faster, but WW is slowed by her outfit and the absurdity of the whole situation. She then proceeded to tussle for a bit, and ended the fight with one punch. Slade has the best durability of the group and he was taken out with one shot. The others have no chance, and there are too many leaders to properly organize. I can't remember - is there prep in this fight? If not, the team is doubly screwed. It'll be over before the tactical minds even get on the same page. She's not going against a well-organized team, here. She's going against a collection of egos and individuals. That works to HER advantage, not theirs.

Draco69
What the ****?! That's all I can say. Jesus Christ. No matter what I do. No matter the facts or logic. She's STILL underestimated. And reduced to this stinking pile of bullshit.

And the DD vs. WW is pure crap. That was the Messing/Loeb era. She was IMMENSELY depowered during that era. For some odd reason they tried to make her a street-leveler with enhanced strength. The Deathstroke vs. Wonder Woman fight is crap and pure PIS.

Draco69
Oh and my best thumb-ups and salutes for demigawd for having some ****ing common sense and defending WW against a legion of illogical fanboys.

smile

Khellendros
Originally posted by Draco69
What the ****?! That's all I can say. Jesus Christ. No matter what I do. No matter the facts or logic. She's STILL underestimated. And reduced to this stinking pile of bullshit.
laughing laughing laughing
Yeah, or maybe she's just not as badass as you want everyone to believe.

EsteemedLeader
this fight is horribly one sided. just the team of cap and wolv could defeat her. they have both taken on the hulk 1 on 1, and her lasso isnt as good as caps shield

Khellendros
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
this fight is horribly one sided. just the team of cap and wolv could defeat her. they have both taken on the hulk 1 on 1, and her lasso isnt as good as caps shield
It's not horribly one-sided. WW has the edge in strength AND speed. Though, she doesn't have her lasso, so comparisons to the shield are moot.

CorderaMitchell
Oh and my best thumb-ups and salutes for demigawd for having some ****ing common sense and defending WW against a legion of illogical fanboys.

smile

She wins against like 40 powers, with caps leadership, and ds tactical prowress, with no flying, bracers, rope, or bio field like superman?

Explain....

demigawd
I just did, man. I wrote an entire scenario that explains it. She's 20+ times stronger and faster, she's got multiple ways of dealing with these guys from long range before any of them get near her, and she's going against a collection of egos and alpha males who have no prior experience working together. She's fought LEGIONS of enhanced meta beings over a period of 10,000 years who could, by themselves, beat this entire group. I'm not gonna argue the point forever, but I just don't see how they could win a majority against as skilled a warrior on so high a level as Wonder Woman.

long pig
There is a reason why she uses those braclets to deflect bullets, ya know? She can't handle it, and if she doesn't have them here, there are three guys who are dead shot accurate with guns, I'm doubting she'd last the first 10 shots.

To demi, Flash and Slade are both very inconsistant. That's all there really is to it.

CorderaMitchell
I just did, man. I wrote an entire scenario that explains it. She's 20+ times stronger and faster, she's got multiple ways of dealing with these guys from long range before any of them get near her, and she's going against a collection of egos and alpha males who have no prior experience working together. She's fought LEGIONS of enhanced meta beings over a period of 10,000 years who could, by themselves, beat this entire group. I'm not gonna argue the point forever, but I just don't see how they could win a majority against as skilled a warrior on so high a level as Wonder Woman.

I umderstand all of this, but she is going against captain america's leadership, who has led guys like Thor into battle.

She used her flight, bracers, and lasso to defeat that evil as well. She has none of it, NOR a bio field.

She is going against sooo many powers and angles here, she could win, but it isn't THAT easy.

I'm not just talking about LEVLS, I'm looking at the situation, batman has caught her off guard in training.

demigawd
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I umderstand all of this, but she is going against captain america's leadership, who has led guys like Thor into battle.

Yeah, I'm sure in a no-prep fight people like Taskmaster, Midnighter and Deathstroke are going to fall right in line behind captain america. They're all going to be barking orders at each other. Midnighter is going to be like, "listen to ME, I can calculate millions of scenarios in a second", Deathstroke is going to be like, "no, listen to ME, I can calculate TENS of millions of scenarios in a second", Cap is gonna be like, "No, listen to ME, because...I'm Captain America", and while they're just trying to organize, Wonder Woman would have already dispatched half the team. So you can take the idea that this is going to be some kind of organized fighting unit right off the table...cluster**** advantage goes to Wonder Woman.

Which are all things I'd say would come very much in handy against, like, Superman. Or Darkseid. But this is a collection of street levels. She can take almost all of them out with one shot, one throw car. Some thrown bricks. A big breath. A big clap. A tree made into a bat. I mean, I could go on and on about how she can use her extraordinary strength to kill every last one of them from 20 feet away.

You're hedging your bets here, Cordera. Are you arguing that she'd win with more difficulty than I'm describing, or are you arguing that she'd lose?

You're talking about recently? She was blind!

If she can deflect hails of gunfire, I'm thinking that she's quick enough to dodge them, too. Bullseye is one of the best shots in DC or Marvel, and Daredevil makes him miss. Wonder Woman dodges large scale energy projectiles. I doubt she's troubled by some gunfire.

Zahit
If I sink my claws into her......it's over.......naughty

Draco69
laughing laughing laughing
Yeah, or maybe she's just not as badass as you want everyone to believe.

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your innane ramblings never cease to amaze me...

Seriously though, if you think a Superman level character would have any trouble curbstomping the sh** of these players it just goes to show how useless your posts are.

Draco69
There is a reason why she uses those braclets to deflect bullets, ya know? She can't handle it, and if she doesn't have them here, there are three guys who are dead shot accurate with guns, I'm doubting she'd last the first 10 shots.

To demi, Flash and Slade are both very inconsistant. That's all there really is to it.

She can deflect Superman's heat vision and rapid fire alien gun laser beams at point-blank range...but ten shots are gonna put her down.

Pfft. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
Wonder Woman is made out of dirt.

Draco69
Demigawd....I think I'm in love with you. A calm rational mind not infected with the rabid fanboyism that seems to affect so many of our fellow comic book readers.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Wonder Woman is made out of dirt.

Dirt from the sea. big grin

snoopdogg
She can deflect Superman's heat vision and rapid fire alien gun laser beams at point-blank range...but ten shots are gonna put her down.

Pfft. roll eyes (sarcastic) I have seen her block Darkseids Omega Beams with her bands.

Those beams were so powerful they dissentegrated Supergirl

Cosmic Cube
Dirt from the sea. big grin

Lmao

W W W
O O I
N M N
D A S
E N
R

All of these guys have human durability/reflexes/strength. Wonder Woman can easily block bullets, or dodge them, if need be. One shot to the face will take care of every single one of them.

CorderaMitchell
Yeah, I'm sure in a no-prep fight people like Taskmaster, Midnighter and Deathstroke are going to fall right in line behind captain america. They're all going to be barking orders at each other. Midnighter is going to be like, "listen to ME, I can calculate millions of scenarios in a second", Deathstroke is going to be like, "no, listen to ME, I can calculate TENS of millions of scenarios in a second", Cap is gonna be like, "No, listen to ME, because...I'm Captain America", and while they're just trying to organize, Wonder Woman would have already dispatched half the team. So you can take the idea that this is going to be some kind of organized fighting unit right off the table...cluster**** advantage goes to Wonder Woman.

Agreed

Which are all things I'd say would come very much in handy against, like, Superman. Or Darkseid. But this is a collection of street levels. She can take almost all of them out with one shot, one throw car. Some thrown bricks. A big breath. A big clap. A tree made into a bat. I mean, I could go on and on about how she can use her extraordinary strength to kill every last one of them from 20 feet away.

But they aren't going to simply stand there, she isn't invurnerable like superman, and if she is pelted by a good amount of shots, by Cap's shield and etc., than she can be overcome, these guys have enough accuracy and speed to overwhelme her. WW is superior, but she is lacking major defense, offense, and evasion that made her superior, she's like a watered down hulk here, VERY watered down in defensive terms.

You're hedging your bets here, Cordera. Are you arguing that she'd win with more difficulty than I'm describing, or are you arguing that she'd lose?

I'm arguing that if he wins it would be with more difficulty. Not a clear shot.

You're talking about recently? She was blind!

Not recently, he has before. I am in NO way suggesting that he can beat her alone.

If she can deflect hails of gunfire, I'm thinking that she's quick enough to dodge them, too. Bullseye is one of the best shots in DC or Marvel, and Daredevil makes him miss. Wonder Woman dodges large scale energy projectiles. I doubt she's troubled by some gunfire.

Now in a hypothetical match, you'd have to assume that they are going at their best, and are subject A and B. Villans are getting in ridiculous wins and losses from left to right. This can be said when a strong superhero is unable to knock out a weak one.

Its hard to predict from that many angles, and I'm sure DS and cap will be the key factors here. If they stay alive, it is POSSIBLE that she will be overwhelmed.

Draco69
Another calm rational mind. So very, very rare these days.

Cosmic Cube
You've missed a lot in your down time, Draco. You have yet to encounter the recent wave of rabid Superman fans. They're beyond foolish, trivial concepts such as logic.

Lookie here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t356246.html

kgkg
how fast is WW?

Superman was too fast for her in recent issues

snoopdogg
Originally posted by kgkg
how fast is WW?

Superman was too fast for her in recent issues In the Wizard JLA special issue they published they said her top speed was between mach 2 or 3.

They said Superman was 99% speed of light.(on Earth)

CorderaMitchell
Another calm rational mind. So very, very rare these days.

Thanks, I think... confused

Draco69

But they aren't going to simply stand there, she isn't invurnerable like superman, and if she is pelted by a good amount of shots

Which Diana will avoid, dodge, and laugh off. Her reflexes are on par with Superman. They simply cannot hit her. And if by an odd stroke of luck they do, they will do absolutely no damage.

by Cap's shield and etc.,

WW will speedblitz them and take any weapons they have to batter them into unconsciousness and put them in her overflowing trophy room

these guys have enough accuracy and speed to overwhelme her.

No they don't. You're dreaming. Please.

WW is superior,

Vastly, vastly, vastly superior.

but she is lacking major defense,

Please. She was hit by FIVE hyper velocity punches by Zoom. Landed with immense explosions all over the world. And she was taunting him the entire time. Please.

offense,

Pfft. Nearly as strong as Superman. Many times faster than sound.

and evasion

She can dodge laser beams, blows from the Flash and Zoom, and hails of bullets....but she can't avoid ten guys punching and kicking her. Pfft.

that made her superior, she's like a watered down hulk here, VERY watered down in defensive terms.

You have NO idea what you're talking about. Please. This sentence alone shows how little you know about her character.

I'm arguing that if he wins it would be with more difficulty. Not a clear shot.

About as difficult as stepping on ant with a steel-toe boot.

Not recently, he has before. I am in NO way suggesting that he can beat her alone.

There may be hope for you yet

Now in a hypothetical match,

Take out hypothetical...good....now but in "illogical, mindboggling, complete PIS-ridden bullshit that makes Spider-Man vs Firelord look like a federal document" then you close to what you're arguing

you'd have to assume that they are going at their best, and are subject A and B. Villans are getting in ridiculous wins and losses from left to right. This can be said when a strong superhero is unable to knock out a weak one.

Waitaminute. Cap and the others will be "at their best". But Wonder Woman will suddenly lose her superspeed, durability and super-strength for this fight. In your arguements she isn't fighting at her best. Sounds hypocritical doesn't it?

Its hard to predict from that many angles,

It's VERY easy to predict if you manage to put aside rampish fanboyism and accept the goddamn truth. Any sense of logic would tell you that WW wins easily.

and I'm sure DS and cap will be the key factors here.

What the **** will Cap do? Throw his shield. WW will catch it...and decapitate him with it.

Deathstroke? Split in twain.

If they stay alive, it is POSSIBLE that she will be overwhelmed.

About as possible as George W. Bush impregnating Saddam Hussein and naming their lovechild Cassidy Jones.

Draco69
Thanks, I think... confused

I was referring to Cosmic Cube. Not you. For god's sake you honestly think I would call a person who believes that Captain America can hurt a Superman-level character "rational"?

Draco69
You've missed a lot in your down time, Draco. You have yet to encounter the recent wave of rabid Superman fans. They're beyond foolish, trivial concepts such as logic.

Lookie here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t356246.html

Sweet Jesus. They MUST be exterminated.

evil face

kgkg

evil face laughing

Draco69
how fast is WW?

Superman was too fast for her in recent issues

Superman is faster. However we cannot really tell EXACTLY how fast she is. We can only guesstimate. HOWEVER she is rather fast. She kept up with the likes of Jesse Quick and the Flash. And she zigzagged around the world to keep an eye on White Martians. She can certainly reach escape velocity rather easily though.

If your referring to the Superman/Wonder Woman "battle" in his comic I'm afraid I must call bull****. In HER comics Superman often came out with broken bones and bloody bruises.

Cosmic Cube

evil face

Check out Supes vs. Surfer. Superman will win, but no one can come up with a reason why. sick

kgkg
Superman is faster. However we cannot really tell EXACTLY how fast she is. We can only guesstimate. HOWEVER she is rather fast. She kept up with the likes of Jesse Quick and the Flash. And she zigzagged around the world to keep an eye on White Martians. She can certainly reach escape velocity rather easily though.

If your referring to the Superman/Wonder Woman "battle" in his comic I'm afraid I must call bull****. In HER comics Superman often came out with broken bones and bloody bruises.
I see thanks

can you give me issue number where Wonder Woman did well agasin't superman

Draco69
Originally posted by snoopdogg
In the Wizard JLA special issue they published they said her top speed was between mach 2 or 3.

They said Superman was 99% speed of light.(on Earth)

Mach 2? That's not even the speed of sound. That's entirely false. She can go MUCH MUCH faster than that. She once ran from Themyscira to China in under a minute.

snoopdogg
Check out Supes vs. Surfer. Superman will win, but no one can come up with a reason why. sick Now that is not true.

If you were paying attention you guys were saying Norrin was gonna do this or gonna do that and we gave examples of Superman overcoming similar situations.

Go ahead Draco read it. Its not farfetched.

snoopdogg
Mach 2? That's not even the speed of sound. That's entirely false. She can go MUCH MUCH faster than that. She once ran from Themyscira to China in under a minute. I thought mach 1 was speed of sound.

So mach 3 would be 3x the speed of sound.

Anyways I didnt write the issue Wizard did. Its on page 76 cause Im looking at it right now.

Cosmic Cube
Mach 2? That's not even the speed of sound. That's entirely false. She can go MUCH MUCH faster than that. She once ran from Themyscira to China in under a minute.

Mach 1 is the speed of sound... embarrasment

Draco69
I see thanks

can you give me issue number where Wonder Woman did well agasin't superman

I don't have the exact issue numbers because 1) I'm bush-tired from work and 2) I'm too lazy to look for it.

HOWEVER, I will give you the backgrounds. The most recent one was during the Phil Jimenez era where she and Kal beat the living crap out of each other. Diana had her arm disclocated and Kal had his ribs broken.

The other fights were rather inconclusive because they were holding back against each other. However they fared well against each other. In an interesting note, WW's lasso actually managed to cut his skin due to it's magical nature.

Which bolsters the arguement for what a certain magical hammer to the head will do to Superman....

Draco69
Mach 1 is the speed of sound... embarrasment

Dammit! Sooooo embarrassed. embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Sorry guys. I'm so tired. I really HATE my job. Too much sun.

Although I have nice tan... eek!

Cosmic Cube
Now that is not true.

If you were paying attention you guys were saying Norrin was gonna do this or gonna do that and we gave examples of Superman overcoming similar situations.

Go ahead Draco read it. Its not farfetched.

In that thread alone, Superman developed immunity to kryptonite, red sunlight, and telepathy.

He's immune to magic now too. Read Supes vs Thor.

Did I imagine this, or did Wondie own him in JLA Witchblade?

Draco69

Anyways I didnt write the issue Wizard did. Its on page 76 cause Im looking at it right now.

Wizard also said that Power Girl can only lift 25 tons...and we all know that's bull****

CorderaMitchell
Which Diana will avoid, dodge, and laugh off. Her reflexes are on par with Superman. They simply cannot hit her. And if by an odd stroke of luck they do, they will do absolutely no damage.

I'm understanding reflexes to counter, but you are seeming to imply that her speed is near there to, reread my post.

WW will speedblitz them and take any weapons they have to batter them into unconsciousness and put them in her overflowing trophy room

Possible, does it even sound like I'm saying she'd lose, I'm saying she won't win as easy as you're implying.

No they don't. You're dreaming. Please.

So you are implying that NONE of these guys have hit or can hit a superhuman, again, I'm not saying she's losing, I'm saying that it isn't going to be god mode as it seems.

Vastly, vastly, vastly superior.

physically yes

Please. She was hit by FIVE hyper velocity punches by Zoom. Landed with immense explosions all over the world. And she was taunting him the entire time. Please.

Reread my post, you're jumping on me in your overhastiness to defend your beloved character. When I said that I meant bracers.

Pfft. Nearly as strong as Superman. Many times faster than sound.

Her lasso, I'm not saying she doesn't have what it takes.

She can dodge laser beams, blows from the Flash and Zoom, and hails of bullets....but she can't avoid ten guys punching and kicking her. Pfft.

And flying, I'm not saying she doesn't have what it takes.

Everyone seems to dodge the flash nowadays.

You have NO idea what you're talking about. Please. This sentence alone shows how little you know about her character.

I'm saying that she doesn't take damage on his level, or in thickness of skin, why so bitter?

About as difficult as stepping on ant with a steel-toe boot.

lol, that can be hard, depending on the wedges, the steel enforced on the toe, doesn't really help the bottom of the shoe.

In terms, you aren't good at being sarcastic.

There may be hope for you yet

You are sooo misinterpreting this it isn't funny.

Take out hypothetical...good....now but in "illogical, mindboggling, complete PIS-ridden bullshit that makes Spider-Man vs Firelord look like a federal document" then you close to what you're arguing

How can a match be illogical if it hasn't happened?

Stop putting words in my mouth, you are making yourself sound like an ass.

Waitaminute. Cap and the others will be "at their best". But Wonder Woman will suddenly lose her superspeed, durability and super-strength for this fight. In your arguements she isn't fighting at her best. Sounds hypocritical doesn't it?

Not close again sorry.

His referece was to using crp writing, the comment was meant to discredit itself, you are arguing for the sake of it.

It's VERY easy to predict if you manage to put aside rampish fanboyism and accept the goddamn truth. Any sense of logic would tell you that WW wins easily.

I've said that, but not effortlessly easy, IMO.

When I said angles, I'm talking angles of attack, but you probably aren't familiar with that.

Did I say she loses? You are sounding like a fanboy here actually,

" she wins. so easily, you don't know this xxxx, accept it"

What the **** will Cap do? Throw his shield. WW will catch it...and decapitate him with it.

Deathstroke? Split in twain.

More than likely.

About as possible as George W. Bush impregnating Saddam Hussein and naming their lovechild Cassidy Jones.

Nextime INTERPRET my posts. I'm convinced that many read, but few can actually comprehend. WW wins easily, its a poor thread.

CorderaMitchell
I was referring to Cosmic Cube. Not you. For god's sake you honestly think I would call a person who believes that Captain America can hurt a Superman-level character "rational"?

I think a person that misinterprets my posts should be viewed the same, I said effectivley lead to defeat.

Your speculation is flawed here, so bad.

Are you looking for an argument?

snoopdogg
Wizard also said that Power Girl can only lift 25 tons...and we all know that's bull**** They also said that Thor can beat Superman..............

Dont pick and choose wink

Cosmic Cube
They also said that Thor can beat Superman..............

Dont pick and choose wink

Which is plain idiotic. Everyone knows that Superman doesn't "lose." Don't even use the words "Superman" and "lose" in the same sentence.

snoopdogg
In that thread alone, Superman developed immunity to kryptonite, red sunlight, and telepathy.

He's immune to magic now too. Read Supes vs Thor.

Did I imagine this, or did Wondie own him in JLA Witchblade? Cosmic pics were shown with Superman overcoming those situations.

No opinions or guesses. Just things that happened in comics.

snoopdogg
Which is plain idiotic. Everyone knows that Superman doesn't "lose." Don't even use the words "Superman" and "lose" in the same sentence. Enough with the anti-fanboyism.

Its immature and childish. I actually expected more out of you.

Cosmic Cube
Cosmic pics were shown with Superman overcoming those situations.

No opinions or guesses. Just things that happened in comics.

Superman beat a low concentrate kryptonite alloy robot with red sunlight blasts. The robot wasn't even made to hurt him.

What about matter transmutation? Telepathy? Energy siphoning?

Cosmic Cube
Enough with the anti-fanboyism.

Its immature and childish. I actually expected more out of you.

I'll stop the anti-fanboyism when the fanboyism stops. For the time being, Superman is unbeatable.

snoopdogg
Superman beat a low concentrate kryptonite alloy robot with red sunlight blasts. The robot wasn't even made to hurt him.

What about matter transmutation? Telepathy? Energy siphoning? What was the suit made fo then?

Luthor made the suite to take out Superman.

Cosmic Cube
What was the suit made fo then?

Luthor made the suite to take out Superman.

Luthor made the suit to battle Superman. Eclipso possessed one of the weaker battle suits so that he could take over Superman's body. He can't possess someone if they are dead.

Draco69
I'm understanding reflexes to counter, but you are seeming to imply that her speed is near there to, reread my post.

It IS nowhere near or as low as the others. Until I see Captain America zipping around past the speed of sound my opinion still stands.

Possible, does it even sound like I'm saying she'd lose, I'm saying she won't win as easy as you're implying.

It IS easy as I'm implying. You just don't seem to see it. Another scenario. Diana puts her hands in the ground...and rips open a giant fissure for them to fall to their pitful deaths. Demigawd did an astounding job going through a multitude of ways WW can end the battle fairly quickly. And then some.

So you are implying that NONE of these guys have hit or can hit a superhuman,

None of these guys CAN hit her. It's not in the realm of possiblity. It goes every sense of logic. I'm implying they simply cannot land a hit on her. She's way too fast.

And I'm not even gonna go into just how good a warrior she is.
again, I'm not saying she's losing, I'm saying that it isn't going to be god mode as it seems.

physically yes

As well damn near everything else.

Reread my post, you're jumping on me in your overhastiness to defend your beloved character. When I said that I meant bracers.

Can I help it if my beloved character just happens to be the most underestimated comic book character in comicdom? sad

Bracers or no. Her durability is still astounding. The loss of her vambraces means little to nothing. In fact that will make WW even more ruthless. If that's possible.

Her lasso, I'm not saying she doesn't have what it takes.

Lasso or no, you underestimating a Superman level speedblitz from a woman who can lift oil tankers without breaking a sweat.

And flying, I'm not saying she doesn't have what it takes.

Flying or no, she can still jump up several miles...then come crashing down creating a off the scale earthquake.

Everyone seems to dodge the flash nowadays.

And everyone is still quite slower than him.

I'm saying that she doesn't take damage on his level, or in thickness of skin, why so bitter?

I'm hardly bitter. I'm just amused that you seem to be backing off rather timidly with a "I know WW can win, but she can lose in a very slim situation such as thus" arguement.

lol, that can be hard, depending on the wedges, the steel enforced on the toe, doesn't really help the bottom of the shoe.?

You must have gotten the bad ones. Timberland rocks.

In terms, you aren't good at being sarcastic.

In terms, you aren't good at being rebutted either

You are sooo misinterpreting this it isn't funny.

I think I'm interpreting it quite accurately. You in your heart know that WW will win....HOWEVER you seem to be grasping for a situation where WW will somehow lose in a horrible SvFL fashion.

How can a match be illogical if it hasn't happened?

Because it's rather obvious. As obvious as knowing that it will be very hot during the summer in the Panama.

Stop putting words in my mouth, you are making yourself sound like an ass.

Stop debating a rather stupid debate against something that is so obviously apparent and correct. You're not making yourself credible by doing so.

Not close again sorry.

If it wasn't even close. Why reply? I'm sure it's rather close to the mark. Or on it even.

His referece was to using crp writing, the comment was meant to discredit itself, you are arguing for the sake of it.

I'm arguing to defend my beloved character. Duh.

I've said that, but not effortlessly easy, IMO.

Which is PRECISELY what demigawd and I are arguing against. You believe that somehow, someway, in some crazy fantasy world, WW would have trouble and actually break sweat defeating these opponents.

We believe otherwise.

Did I say she loses? You are sounding like a fanboy here actually,

I AM a WW fanboy. Just a VERY rare breed with common sense, actual comic knowledge and logic

" she wins. so easily, you don't know this xxxx, accept it"

Yep that's my arguement in a nutshell. big grin

More than likely.

Absloutely

Nextime INTERPRET my posts. I'm convinced that many read, but few can actually comprehend.

Next time word your arguements more specifically. You really did come off as a person who believed that WW would lose.

WW wins easily, its a poor thread.

Waitaminute. You just said she can't win THAT easily. What variation of easy are you arguing for?

And yes this IS a poor thread. And an indicator of just how uninformed so many off KMC members are. sad

snoopdogg
Luthor made the suit to battle Superman. Eclipso possessed one of the weaker battle suits so that he could take over Superman's body. He can't possess someone if they are dead. Why would Luthor just want to battle Superman?

For kicks perhaps? That seems kinda risky wink

He didnt need to kill Superman he needed to piss him off. And that suit was a good way to do it. Happy Dance

Draco69
I think a person that misinterprets my posts should be viewed the same, I said effectivley lead to defeat.

Your speculation is flawed here, so bad.

Are you looking for an argument?

You're posts were liable to "misinterpretation". You argued that Diana CAN be defeated. Any person would interpret that you would believe that WW WOULD be defeated. You failed to give a proper comment stating that Diana would win "easily" until just now.

Unless it was one of the prior posts before the one I read. If it was, I apologize, I'm too lazy to read them all. big grin

My speculation may be flawed. True.

Your arguement was rather pointless. You argued that for the .0000000001% chance Diana would have a tough time winning.

Cosmic Cube
Why would Luthor just want to battle Superman?

For kicks perhaps? That seems kinda risky wink

He didnt need to kill Superman he needed to piss him off. And that suit was a good way to do it. Happy Dance

Kryptonite is pretty hard to come by.

Exactly. The suit's Kryptonite wasn't enough to hurt Superman because it wasn't made to. It was made to piss him off, so Eclipso could possess him. It wasn't made to defeat him.

snoopdogg
Kryptonite is pretty hard to come by.

Exactly. The suit's Kryptonite wasn't enough to hurt Superman because it wasn't made to. It was made to piss him off, so Eclipso could possess him. It wasn't made to defeat him. WTF are you talking aobut.

Eclipso stole the suite to disguise himself so Superman wouldnt know it was him inside it so he could piss him off. He failed on both counts.

snoopdogg
He knew that if he confronted Superman face to face he would know enough not to get angry. So hence he stole the suite and shot some red solar power at him.

Cosmic Cube
WTF are you talking aobut.

Eclipso stole the suite to disguise himself so Superman wouldnt know it was him inside it so he could piss him off. He failed on both counts.

Lex couldn't make all of his suits out of pure Kryptonite. I'm sure he has more than one.

Eclipso revealed his identity to Superman. He wasn't hiding it. Look at the last page.

Regardless, Superman has yet to overcome pure kryptonite, and red sunlight hurts him a lot. He beat Eclipso, but that doesn't mean that Kryptonite and Red Sunlight can not be used to defeat Superman. They can be used to great effect.

CorderaMitchell
You're posts were liable to "misinterpretation". You argued that Diana CAN be defeated. Any person would interpret that you would believe that WW WOULD be defeated. You failed to give a proper comment stating that Diana would win "easily" until just now.

Unless it was one of the prior posts before the one I read. If it was, I apologize, I'm too lazy to read them all. big grin

My speculation may be flawed. True.

Your arguement was rather pointless. You argued that for the .0000000001% chance Diana would have a tough time winning.

Fine, I have no problems with you, but you implied I was a fanboy. I hate fanboys, I'm already considering retiring.

Draco69
Fine, I have no problems with you, but you implied I was a fanboy. I hate fanboys, I'm already considering retiring.

PEACE. Reconcilation. ALL IS WELL! big grin

I did imply you were possibly a fanboy. However I know next to nothing about you however. So many newbies.....

Retiring from KMC? Good Luck. Many have tried and failed miserably. Look no further than me or stormfront13. embarrasment

Cosmic Cube
Retiring from KMC? Good Luck. Many have tried and failed miserably. Look no further than me or stormfront13. embarrasment

It's so addictive... bored

CorderaMitchell
It IS nowhere near or as low as the others. Until I see Captain America zipping around past the speed of sound my opinion still stands.

You'd be surprised at what cap does nowadays.

It IS easy as I'm implying. You just don't seem to see it. Another scenario. Diana puts her hands in the ground...and rips open a giant fissure for them to fall to their pitful deaths. Demigawd did an astounding job going through a multitude of ways WW can end the battle fairly quickly. And then some.

I didn't see it, you sounded too into Diana.

None of these guys CAN hit her. It's not in the realm of possiblity. It goes every sense of logic. I'm implying they simply cannot land a hit on her. She's way too fast.

understand

And I'm not even gonna go into just how good a warrior she is.
again, I'm not saying she's losing, I'm saying that it isn't going to be god mode as it seems.

A MUCH better skilled fighter than superman.

As well damn near everything else.

agreed

Can I help it if my beloved character just happens to be the most underestimated comic book character in comicdom? sad

There's worse

Bracers or no. Her durability is still astounding. The loss of her vambraces means little to nothing. In fact that will make WW even more ruthless. If that's possible.

agreed

Lasso or no, you underestimating a Superman level speedblitz from a woman who can lift oil tankers without breaking a sweat.

I think its lethal, for ALL of them, even wolverine. I'm just saying the numbers man, thats all. I like devils advocate when I'm bored.

Flying or no, she can still jump up several miles...then come crashing down creating a off the scale earthquake.

Yes

And everyone is still quite slower than him.

Yes, crap writing, to keep the books entertaining.

I'm hardly bitter. I'm just amused that you seem to be backing off rather timidly with a "I know WW can win, but she can lose in a very slim situation such as thus" arguement.

I pretty much agreed, just not exactly, that always happens.

You must have gotten the bad ones. Timberland rocks.

perhaps

In terms, you aren't good at being rebutted either

Lol, you've been gone awhile, read some threads, if you can find a more consistent, persistent person let me know, I damned sure don't give up. But again I already agree.

I think I'm interpreting it quite accurately. You in your heart know that WW will win....HOWEVER you seem to be grasping for a situation where WW will somehow lose in a horrible SvFL fashion.

I damned sure know.

Because it's rather obvious. As obvious as knowing that it will be very hot during the summer in the Panama.

lol

Stop debating a rather stupid debate against something that is so obviously apparent and correct. You're not making yourself credible by doing so.

Credibility, I take care of myself fine. I can have some fun now, read the thread that gives claim to credibility, but alas no feelings, you've been absent.

If it wasn't even close. Why reply? I'm sure it's rather close to the mark. Or on it even.

I disagreed with how someone was making it seem, I really just wanted it explained. As you can see, my arguments are misleading, alot, when I want them to be.

'm arguing to defend my beloved character. Duh.

I don't hate ya for it, keep the fanboys at bay.

Which is PRECISELY what demigawd and I are arguing against. You believe that somehow, someway, in some crazy fantasy world, WW would have trouble and actually break sweat defeating these opponents.

Thats the explanation I got from demi, np.

We believe otherwise.

read above.

I AM a WW fanboy. Just a VERY rare breed with common sense, actual comic knowledge and logic

np there

Yep that's my arguement in a nutshell. big grin

great job

Absloutely

positively

Next time word your arguements more specifically. You really did come off as a person who believed that WW would lose.

My arguments are misleading on purpose. I don't want my opinion in the way of a persons post. If you read the thread from start to finish, you'd already seen i agreed..

Waitaminute. You just said she can't win THAT easily. What variation of easy are you arguing for?

And yes this IS a poor thread. And an indicator of just how uninformed so many off KMC members are. sad smile

indeed.

CorderaMitchell
PEACE. Reconcilation. ALL IS WELL! big grin

I did imply you were possibly a fanboy. However I know next to nothing about you however. So many newbies.....

Read the best debator thread from page 1-60, you'll get to know me, I post my ass off, and am mentioned plenty.

Yes its addicting, I've gotten near 10000 posts in a short time.

I'm just tired of threads like this, and the invasion of wolveirne fanboys, and others to.

Draco69
Best debaters? Are KMC Comic book forum members so vain they actually made a thread dedicated to the amping of egos? sad

Was I nominated? embarrasment

CorderaMitchell
its the comic off topic thread now, its like 226 pages long, only the first 60 are on topic. Its where people who know each other on the same forum, just chill and talk.

I can't remember who else did, I nominated you.

I was surprised by who nominated me though.

Draco69
You nominated me? Me so happy. nosweat

kgkg
You nominated me? Me so happy. nosweat
You are one of the best DC debater in here, if not the best.

Draco69
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Thanks Kgkg. You're the best too. big grin

CorderaMitchell
You are one of the best DC debater in here, if not the best.

kgkg, was mentioned plenty, so he's happy.

flatter me now. sad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>