ororo-before the storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
What does everyone else think of this series? big grin

DarkCrawler
Haven't read it...is it good?

munkiesarus
I've seen the Immonen cover...I've taken a small liking to his art. That's about it, though :O

stormfront13
well according to sales it is just under house of M, which is marvels leading seller

munkiesarus
Cool, but sales aren't everything.

You read it, what do you think?

stormfront13
well I have only read issue one, and I think it's really good

DarkCrawler
Well I read #1 today. It was quite good. smile

powerfulone1987
I haven't read it but from the title. It sounds like it is really good.

STORM.

stormfront13
yeah, though I would really like to see hakim come back to the present and see storm, or one day she is fighting this mutant terrorist and it turns out to be hakim

stormlover
hello?

Lady_Jade
I love Storm so I naturally enjoy anything about her.

pr1983
I read issue 2...

doesnt really seem like an x comic that much... the writing and theme dont scream 'storm' to me...

just has her name on it and thats meant to be good enough...

stormfront13
*****doesnt really seem like an x comic that much... the writing and theme dont scream 'storm' to me...*****

^^it's not meant to be anything like an X comic, and that's why it's called ororo BEFORE the STORM.

aceofgambit2
i agree.... its more of like a step away from the madness to explain the demons of her past... we all need to look into this series

stormfront13
yeah, and she was a really good fighter when she was like 7

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
*****doesnt really seem like an x comic that much... the writing and theme dont scream 'storm' to me...*****

^^it's not meant to be anything like an X comic, and that's why it's called ororo BEFORE the STORM.

do you actually read my posts properly?

aceofgambit2
you always seem to have an answer to everyones post.... do u always have to have the last word?

aceofgambit2
sorry for the double post....

sorry to everyone for the comment... i'm just tired of rude people.... I LOVE X_MEN THOUGH!!!!!! smile

pr1983
Originally posted by aceofgambit2
you always seem to have an answer to everyones post.... do u always have to have the last word?

Firstly, me? your complaining to me?

sorry to everyone for the comment... i'm just tired of rude people.... I LOVE X_MEN THOUGH!!!!!! smile

Rude? give me a break...

Nataku8188

You're calling him rude, when you're the one sticking your nose in his business? He didn't even say anything rude, he simply asked her a question, the fact that you took it rudely is your own fault, as it was most likely meant to be a simple question of understanding. He was questioning her comprehension of his statement, because she seemed to missinterpret him, so he assumed she didn't properly read his post. It's happened with SF several times, when she's been too lazy/in a rush to properly read someone's post, and then responds only to find herself looking like a fool.

In other words, sit down and shut up.

stormfront13
what excatley does it mean when you say that it doesn't seem like an X comic, and it doesn't seem like storm?

pr1983
what excatley does it mean when you say that it doesn't seem like an X comic, and it doesn't seem like storm?

See, if you had said that, then there wouldnt have been a problem...

X-men comis are all written a certain way, they all tend to look at their characters the same way...

Reading this comic, it doesnt seem to me that this is the Ororo that will grow up to be the Storm we all know...

I actually at down and read it as opposed to just flicking through, and i just don't see her as going to grow up to be Storm...

stormfront13
omg, then I will say the same thing as I said before. really there is no difference.

*****X-men comis are all written a certain way, they all tend to look at their characters the same way...*****

^^you refer to them as X-MEN comics, but this isn't an x-men comic. this comic is about a theif named ororo. This isn't like a regular X comic because it isn't about an X-man so to speak.

*****I actually at down and read it as opposed to just flicking through, and i just don't see her as going to grow up to be Storm...*****

^^as have I and ororo and storm are like 2 different people. it is very hard to explain, but ororo is the person inside of storm. ororo is the person we hardly see. storm is the goddess that has to refrain from all emotions or else the whole world could be in trouble. a fine example of this is when storm greeted the ressurected colossus, the sky of a hot sunny day turned dark and grew windy and started to lightning and thunder because storm had felt overjoyed and the weather was affected. as soon as she was in check of jher emotions, the weather turned to normal again. do you get what I am saying? this comic gives us the chance to see ororo, the person inside of storm. stoirm is the person we always see.

stormfront13
anyway..............i read somewhere that one of the ideas of this story was to make it as storm was the chosen one to kill apocolypse, and that storm is a descendant of apocolypse. I personalluy would love to see this, and it would make for a better backround story

pr1983
^^you refer to them as X-MEN comics, but this isn't an x-men comic. this comic is about a theif named ororo. This isn't like a regular X comic because it isn't about an X-man so to speak.

its about the early life of soomeone who will grow up to be an x-man... so it is an x-men comic in its own way...

your trying to tell me things i already know... and i do agree about that, but she is not shcizophrenic, both parts will mingle at times...

i just dont see this character growing up to be storm, thats all... just imo...

stormfront13
curoius, why don't you see her growing up to be storm?

pr1983
curoius, why don't you see her growing up to be storm?

She just doesnt make me think of storm... she just seems like a wholly different person... i dont see anything resembling storm bar the colour of her hair...

thats just me...

stormfront13
to me she seems good. she has good leadership skils, is a good theif, good fighter, compassionate, but at the same time can have a mischevous side. idk, this side of storm doesn't have to keep her emotions in check and doesn't have to worry about remaining in control all the time, so I see her growing up as storm. anyway, what do you think of the idea of her being the chosen one?

pr1983
To be honest i dont plan to keep reading it...

chosen one? was this in issue #1?

and tussling with ozymandias and apocalypse at her age doesnt exactly help continuity...

stormfront13
no it hasn't been said yet, but it was one of the ideas for the series

pr1983
no it hasn't been said yet, but it was one of the ideas for the series

Ah, ok...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.